PDA

View Full Version : Does TorrentDay have a problem with speed?

ilcantar
12-30-2011, 09:59 PM
I just joined TorrentDay yesterday on their open signup.
I am on a very fast line and uploaded close to half a TB in a day and a half.
All of the sudden I see all my torrents go red in my UI.
I refresh the page for TD and it takes me to the login page.
I try to login and it says account disabled.
For what?
Being fast?
For seeding every torrent I downloaded without stopping?
In other words for doing everything right (sharing/not hitting and running)
Makes no fucking sense.
Pisses me off too because that was quite a cool tracker.

Burnsy
12-30-2011, 10:29 PM
All you can reasonably do is go to their IRC Support channel and ask for an explanation, as unless there's a staff member reading your post, no-one can say for sure.

Personally though, I'd not thank you for a TorrentDay account as it's caused a fair bit of 'discussion' in and around the BT Forum, and my choice would be to steer well clear. There's plenty of other sites you could join that are far superior to TorrentDay.

temisturk
12-30-2011, 11:52 PM
I know nothing of the specifics of this matter, nor of TD, but I do know that staff on all sites notice abnormal behaviour and often stop it. Claiming to have seeded 500GB within a day of joining, whether you have actually done it or not is so far beyond normal that it screams RATIO CHEAT or someone trying to get something. I expect you would be banned from pretty much any site you did that on. As Burnsy suggests, if you want your account re-enabled then go to their IRC channel (check your attitude beforehand though) and be prepared to explain yourself as you were acting suspiciously. And if you join any other sites, tone your seeding down a bit to begin with--give them a chance to get to know you a bit before you hit them with a deluge.

anon
12-31-2011, 01:11 AM
or someone trying to get something.

Tasty filez :01:

Burnsy
12-31-2011, 01:14 AM
Claiming to have seeded 500GB within a day of joining, whether you have actually done it or not is so far beyond normal that it screams RATIO CHEAT or someone trying to get something.

Very fair comment, I didn't even notice this part of the post, nor read it properly it appears... Any staffer would probably think 'cheater' straight away, would just depend on how good the staffer was as to how they handled it.

IdolEyes787
12-31-2011, 01:40 AM
I just joined TorrentDay yesterday on their open signup.
I am on a very fast line and uploaded close to half a TB in a day and a half.
All of the sudden I see all my torrents go red in my UI.
I refresh the page for TD and it takes me to the login page.
I try to login and it says account disabled.
For what?
Being fast?
For seeding every torrent I downloaded without stopping?
In other words for doing everything right (sharing/not hitting and running)

"Sharing" .Good one. Microsoft was sued for being similarly generous.

mjmacky
12-31-2011, 07:01 AM
Works out to 31.6 Mbit/s uploading non-stop for 36 hours. It would only seem theoretically possible if you completely ignore real world activity.

Cut-Copy-Paste
12-31-2011, 04:51 PM
Works out to 31.6 Mbit/s uploading non-stop for 36 hours. It would only seem theoretically possible if you completely ignore real world activity.

Real World Activities are for n00bs right? sure pros wont get involved in it.

mjmacky
01-01-2012, 12:12 AM

By real world, I meant as opposed to theory, not as opposed to the internet. I do consider the internet the real world, being that it physically exists.

So to expand on that, the chances that all torrents being seeded were in enough demand to consistently draw 30+ Mbit/s for a straight 36 hours, it's just idiotic to swallow that. Most times I'm not even maxing out my 4 Mbit/s, others' downstreams (if they're downloading at all) are usually just not enough considering the number of seeders. Basically, he thought he could justify his activity with his connection speed, but didn't have the patience to approach it carefully. The angst of the young.

Burnsy
01-01-2012, 03:25 AM

Soz... I like to think I have a modicum of common sense from time to time... but wtf are you talking about?

theman5
01-01-2012, 04:16 AM
constantly uploading around 4MB/s over 36 hours? would definitely seem suspicious to most

ilcantar
01-02-2012, 04:42 AM
forget it. not worth the time. anything they offer can easily be had with jdownloader. i only posted about it because i was a little offended because i have never been kicked from a tracker before/only promoted.

Pwner101
01-03-2012, 11:05 PM
Being banned from TD for cheating is rather amusing... considering most of their scripts suck.
You must have made it over-obvious.
Were you seeding from your aol broadband account out of curiosity?

mjmacky
01-04-2012, 06:10 AM
forget it. not worth the time.

Sounds like you responded to reasoning, after showing you how easy it was to see through your mistake. Where did you think cheating at TD would get you anyway? It's a joke site.

ilcantar
01-06-2012, 05:21 AM
Um , I didn't cheat. I thought I made that clear.

mjmacky
01-06-2012, 11:25 AM
I wouldn't care one way or the other, but it's logically safer to assume you did. I will continue to operate under that assumption for any further commentary, in the small chance this thread ever becomes slightly interesting.

Pwner101
01-06-2012, 12:51 PM
@mjmacky
Your avatar is even more interesting than this thread.