PDA

View Full Version : HD site that focuses/has 720p releases

megabyteme
12-31-2011, 05:55 AM
I am warming to the idea of 720p releases. I find myself downloading movies that are in the 3-4 GB size range. While there are many 0-day sites that have these, I often have to look around among all of my sites to find a suitable version. One source would be nicer.

Anyone else a fan of 720p releases? Where do you get them most of the time? Is there a site that dedicates itself to the best of 720p? Personally, I can't justify 1080p, and the amount of space they take up. I do, however, enjoy some nicely ripped 720's. I've got roughly 3 MB/sec speed (that's roughly 25 Mb/sec.) and 250GB/month of bandwidth.

Largely, I would like to know if others see a benefit for me to join a particular HD site, or stick to my 0-day sources. Thanks.

smcewa11
12-31-2011, 06:34 AM
No 720p speciality site afaik.

It depends on what you are looking to download. If it is new stuff then you wont need the HD sites at all. I download a lot of HD content. both old and new, and have found that I need to use a few HD sites, for seeders and speeds, and a few scene sites to cover all bases. If there is a particular p2p group you like then joining a tracker that gets their releases would be a smart move.

Adding a big site like IPT with 3k 720 HD movies is not a bad choice as well.

For me I get most of my HD stuff from gft (for really good speeds with no ratio pressure) and the older stuff from hdbits, bit-hdtv and hd-bits.ro. I check IPT as well but try to avoid KG for HD as it is a bit of a ratio killer there.

edit: I know you dont mention TV but I have found BTN to be great in this area.

LazyGuy
12-31-2011, 06:53 AM
For newer 720p content i source them from usenet
for older ones though i find them on Filelist.ro which has quite a formidable collection and may well max out your line on even a 4 year old torrent
not to mention that all files above 4GB are free

if all fails then i look for them in RuTracker

mjmacky
12-31-2011, 07:14 AM
I personally love 720p. I'm in the situation where I only grab a 1080p if there are no decent 720p copies available. Size and space isn't an issue, it's just kind of pointless to watch a file in which there's virtually no notable difference on my display (47").

You could go for HD Space, they always seem to have a 720p available from what I remember, and invites are easy to come across.

anigav
12-31-2011, 07:28 AM
I too prefer 720p, as mjmacky said there is virtually no difference between 1080i or 720p on my 40".

You can look at HD-Space, their sign-up is open at the time of this post.

Other places to look for are HD-Torrents, ChinaHDTV, HDCity, Awesome-HD, theswarm etc

mjmacky
12-31-2011, 07:54 AM
I like Awesome-HD for their Remuxes (an easy source from which to encode), but their 720p library isn't a strong suit. They focus on remuxes and 1080p primarily.

waffler
12-31-2011, 09:12 AM
I tend to use a combination of TehConnection/Goem and KG. TC, I believe has a good collection of 720p movies, but then are many movies that aren't present at tc. Have you had a look at PTP ? and, as mjmacky said, hd space too has a good collection.

megabyteme
12-31-2011, 10:57 AM
I just signed up for SpaceHD. That is definitely the kind of site I had in mind. Thanks to those who gave me the heads-up on it, before now, anything with an HD attached to its name made my eyes skip across the page. :P Like I said, I am just now starting to warm up to the idea of making 720p a preferred resolution... HD is nice, and 4-ish GB is not too much to DL for a decent movie.

If there are more sites with 720p categories, please let me know. :)

bijoy
12-31-2011, 11:11 AM
Ever thought about warez-bb? :unsure:

Glaucon
12-31-2011, 11:48 AM
I can't remember when I last downloaded a movie that wasn't in 720p, the quality versus filesize ratio is quite appropriate. I get all my stuff from PTP, give it a try if you haven't already.

waffler
12-31-2011, 11:53 AM
Ever thought about warez-bb? :unsure:

While warez bb has a good collection of 720p, the problem with it is that the quality varies greatly from encode to encode, so you need to check each and every topic in order to find the best encode.

Pitch7
12-31-2011, 12:30 PM
Go for HD-Torrents and CHD.

Lucifer9999
01-01-2012, 12:20 AM
For a guaranteed quality, vast selection, great internals and relatively well seeded old torrents, go for the cvintet: chd, hdc, ttg, hd-t, x264..... at least 3 of those... no other 0day or hd tracker (except hdb) can't match those in any parameter..

Burnsy
01-01-2012, 03:39 AM
The most 720 rips I've DL'd have come from TC. They have a great system where if any torrent has < 5 seeders it's FL... have grabbed loads of great films from there... Dunno if they're open for signups, or of I even have an invite or not... but if you're interested I'll check :)

megabyteme
01-01-2012, 08:41 AM
The most 720 rips I've DL'd have come from TC. They have a great system where if any torrent has < 5 seeders it's FL... have grabbed loads of great films from there... Dunno if they're open for signups, or of I even have an invite or not... but if you're interested I'll check :)

I joined TC during an open sign-up not too long ago. I am currently taking advantage of the free leech on 5 shows for my kids. We recently realized that our daughter was taking in too much of what was actually going on in mommy and daddy's night time shows. Now I've been seeking out more family-friendly content. DOH!

A friend just offered me an invite to x264, and I think that one will have a lot of what I am looking for.

Thanks for all of the comments and recommendations so far. You are all helping me a lot. I'm actually quite relieved that the answer did NOT involve any of the hard-to-get HD sites. I actually feared that would be "the answer". Honestly, just like dating, I prefer easy to get into, and easy to seed. :D

anigav
01-01-2012, 08:56 AM
ChinaHDTV has open signup at this time. It might be worthwhile to consider that as well. :unsure:

waffler
01-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Keep in mind, the number of torrents on x264 is small when compared to other movie trackers; 6000 odd vs 20,000 odd on tc.

ElGatonPirata
01-01-2012, 06:08 PM
As i was reading through this thread it ocurred to me, is there any tracker where we can find full bluray rips, with extras, audio commentaries, etc? Or the size of this full rip would be so huge that no tracker has this kind of stuff?

Cheers.

megabyteme
01-01-2012, 06:22 PM
As i was reading through this thread it ocurred to me, is there any tracker where we can find full bluray rips, with extras, audio commentaries, etc? Or the size of this full rip would be so huge that no tracker has this kind of stuff?

Cheers.

Hijacker. :dry:

Actually, it's fine. I've gotten a lot of good answers, and this can become a general HD discussion thread, (or if there are still some things i should know regarding my original post, I would still appreciate that info) or can be spammed into oblivion.

The only thing I won't allow here is an all-out sausage fest of elite site, and level-talk. :sick:

IdolEyes787
01-01-2012, 06:37 PM
I am warming to the idea of 720p releases. I find myself downloading movies that are in the 3-4 GB size range. While there are many 0-day sites that have these, I often have to look around among all of my sites to find a suitable version. One source would be nicer.

Anyone else a fan of 720p releases? Where do you get them most of the time? Is there a site that dedicates itself to the best of 720p? Personally, I can't justify 1080p, and the amount of space they take up. I do, however, enjoy some nicely ripped 720's. I've got roughly 3 MB/sec speed (that's roughly 25 Mb/sec.) and 250GB/month of bandwidth.

Largely, I would like to know if others see a benefit for me to join a particular HD site, or stick to my 0-day sources. Thanks.Et tu, Brute?:(

Btw hijack is such an ugly word.I prefer either "seized control of " or "derailed in a direction more to my liking":)

zonta
01-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Filelist.ro, hd-space ,hd-torrent ,bit-htv, hdahoy

megabyteme
01-02-2012, 01:37 AM
Et tu, Brute?:(

Btw hijack is such an ugly word.I prefer either "seized control of " or "derailed in a direction more to my liking":)

Seize control of your own post, you brute. :ermm:

As for the HD downloads, they are nice, tbh. I'm glad that there are some good sites that aren't level-crazed, and have built some well-seeded, substantial libraries.

Any sign of the ridiculous charges for Canadian bandwidth going away anytime soon? The rest of the modern world is using MORE bandwidth for watching movies on handheld devices, etc. and you guys are minimizing the number of pics you include in you emails. Seems wrong that an almost-modern-world cunttree such as yours would be so limited in its use of technology.

Happy New Year to you, Idol. It's what, gotta be about 1994 there now.

megabyteme
01-03-2012, 11:33 AM
So, this has been going fpr a few days now, and the feedback I received has been fantastic! Ultimately, between open signups, and the generosity of friends who have each pitched in to help me make the transition to HD sites, here is what I have in my HD arsenal:

TehConnection (was open signup recently, and had forgotten I had it :blushing:
Hd-Space (another open signup)
Hd-Torrent (received from a friend)
One with a short name beginning with a letter, followed by a couple of numbers that likes its privacy. (Received from a friend)

I also discovered that HD is FAR more healthy in the BT community than I realized. There are some great sites that do not require performing degrading sex acts with large, sharp objects, public begging, or silly days of feverish scrambling to get in. Some of these growing sites are doing QUITE well (I've seen my share of startup BT sites), and many of these should have a strong future ahead for them. In fact, I am looking forward to gathering a decent collection of HD shows for the replacement of our (once quite good) SD Sharp projector with a new HD one in the very near future.

Funkin'
01-03-2012, 12:13 PM
List of trackers

Look into Usenet, MBM. I would hate to keep these large files seeding for however long on my hard drive. With Usenet/DDL, you can download whatever at full speed, watch it and immediately delete it. Or move it to an external.

And if this was anyone else that I was talking to, I would be pleading with him/her to not turn into one of the so many HD douchebags that we have here that like to discuss/argue/post images/stroke themselves over how one groups releases looks insignificantly better than another. But I know you and know you wouldn't become one of those. ;)

Anyways, enjoy whatever movies or tv shows in great picture quality.

megabyteme
01-03-2012, 12:22 PM
When you see me making a thread like this requesting one of them 733T sites so I can "get me sum good 1080p's", it's time to put me out of my misery. Club me like a baby seal, Funkin'- you know it'll be the right thing to do... :fear:

http://i43.tinypic.com/oh3ibt.jpg

IdolEyes787
01-03-2012, 12:47 PM
So, this has been going fpr a few days now, and the feedback I received has been fantastic! Ultimately, between open signups, and the generosity of friends who have each pitched in to help me make the transition to HD sites, here is what I have in my HD arsenal:

TehConnection (was open signup recently, and had forgotten I had it :blushing:
Hd-Space (another open signup)
Hd-Torrent (received from a friend)
One with a short name beginning with a letter, followed by a couple of numbers that likes its privacy. (Received from a friend)

I also discovered that HD is FAR more healthy in the BT community than I realized. There are some great sites that do not require performing degrading sex acts with large, sharp objects, public begging, or silly days of feverish scrambling to get in. Some of these growing sites are doing QUITE well (I've seen my share of startup BT sites), and many of these should have a strong future ahead for them. In fact, I am looking forward to gathering a decent collection of HD shows for the replacement of our (once quite good) SD Sharp projector with a new HD one in the very near future.

The day I let you Skype me is the day I start clubbing baby seals.In the meantime if I may offer a humble suggestion.
Next time instead of hinting at some wank site that "likes it privacy" and ironically as a byproduct of your "discretion" increasing everyone's curiosity about (un)said site several millionfold maybe just shut the fuck up.
Thanx in Adam Ants.

PS u sux.

megabyteme
01-03-2012, 07:36 PM
The day I let you Skype me is the day I start clubbing baby seals.In the meantime if I may offer a humble suggestion.
Next time instead of hinting at some wank site that "likes it privacy" and ironically as a byproduct of your "discretion" increasing everyone's curiosity about (un)said site several millionfold maybe just shut the fuck up.
Thanx in Adam Ants.

PS u sux.

Ms. Ants,

While your suggestion may make sense on another site, I humbly remind you that this is posted in the BT section of FST. The likelihood of anyone (regardless of million-fold curiosity) being intelligent enough to read back 3 posts in which the site was already mentioned, is so infinitesimally small that you, the entire member base of North American Vegetarian Society, and PETA will all be bashing in seal heads weeks, perhaps months, before any of these monkeys (including you, NAVS, and PETA) figure it out.

All dew respekx,

MBM :mad3:

IdolEyes787
01-03-2012, 08:14 PM
By all due respect you mean nun write?

megabyteme
01-03-2012, 08:39 PM
By all due respect you mean nun write?

Macho lez.

mjmacky
01-04-2012, 06:18 AM
Speaking of x264, they kicked off a whole thing with 576p encodes. A compromise between resolution and filesize, sourced from Bluray and encoded with x264 (naturally). It's a good bet.

In case anyone was wondering about 576 specifically, it's that the 1024 x 576 resolution has both dimensions divisible by 16, which makes it a mod16 resolution and therefore the most compressible. That and it's in between 480p & 720p.

Edit: and this one is for DawnFinch, x264.me is staffed by tools.

megabyteme
01-04-2012, 08:18 AM
I was talking about an entirely different site. Actually, I've never even heard of the one you are talking about... :idunno:

BTW, the 576p sounds worth checking out. Thanks for the heads-up, macky!

mjmacky
01-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Oh you must be talking about the BB one then, huh?

Lucifer9999
01-05-2012, 12:09 AM
Oh you must be talking about the BB one then, huh?

but that's not tracker... and u have to donate.... and the quality of the rips is inferior... so, not probably

mjmacky
01-05-2012, 06:36 AM
Then what the fuck are we talking about?

Burnsy
01-05-2012, 02:34 PM

Sausages...

anigav
01-05-2012, 04:15 PM

Sausages...

What kind?

Burnsy
01-05-2012, 07:21 PM
Sausages... What kind? Duh...
The 720p kind :idunno:

tombrady
01-07-2012, 11:52 PM
HD-bits.ro has a TON of 720p releases that in my limited experience have been really nice. A fair number of the popular newer releases are constant free leech so its not too hard to maintain a really good ration if you are into the new movies.