PDA

View Full Version : The Oleg PM thread

mjmacky
12-31-2011, 06:35 AM
So how many of you get small talk messages from Oleg? Simple right?

U're sure you don't wanna add me to the list of your friends?

Sorry, can't have any virgins on my list.

Okay. LOL.

are you a fan of any supernatural TV shows?

Only if they're good shows.Tell me the names of any supernatural TV series that you like.

That sounds like a lot of work, pass.

May I ask you something? What is it that you do for a living? Do you work somewhere and/or study something?

I am a chemist, I have worked as a chemist and am now finishing my doctorate degree in Chemistry. This was not something that came to me easily. I mostly grew up poor, relied on a mixture of loans, scholarships, grants and a near full time job to get myself through school. Graduate school pays me to teach and manage an instrument lab, unless my professor has enough money to pay me. I only bring in about $19k a year gross, $2000 of which goes back to the portion of my tuition that isn't waived.

Naturally, everyone does something. Those not doing anything at all work their way towards suicide.

You really seem like a bright fellow... I am in an awful situation now. First of all, I don't have a job, and secondly, it looks like I won't be readmitted into college until fall 2012 because I really fucked up. As you know, I was dismissed from the college 'cause I couldn't remain on an academic probation. But yesterday I was able to contact one of my professors and he told me he would be willing to let me complete the work that I am missing. But I don't know what else I should do during this year.
Good luck to you.

But I don't know what else I should do during this year.
Good luck to you.

Get a job, if for no other reason, it will help you find a girlfriend or fuck buddy. It's one of the perks of part time jobs. Your choices are between the girls that work with you, or girls that are friends with your coworkers if and when you decide to socialize with them.

Okay, but if I get a job, I'll lose my disability benefits, and if I lose the job, it will probably be really difficult for me to get back on disability.

So what, disability can't be paying all that well.

Also, there's the trial period:
http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10095.html#part3

Quarterquack
12-31-2011, 08:12 AM
OH! OH! BOY! YOU PEOPLE ARE IN FOR A TREAT! IT'S THIS THREAD.

When he couldn't stalk me at the mentioned tracker:

Hi. What's your username at BCG?

Some random sand crawled in his vagina:

I envy your ability to get into any tracker you want

I deleted most of the gold. But there'll be more to come, I'm sure.

So, Macky, moved on from Mass spec yet?

mjmacky
12-31-2011, 08:37 AM
So, Macky, moved on from Mass spec yet?

Nope still maintaining the specs. The LC/Single Quadrupole Mass Specs, the LC/Triple Quadrupole Tandem Mass Spectrometer (quantitative analysis), and the LC/Quadrupole Time of Flight Mass Spectrometer (qualitative and for accurate mass). I will be doing so for the next 6 months. I actually really enjoy it.

I have also altered the direction I want to take with my career. Instead of teaching, I think I want to get into editing, professionally, with a journal. I've been doing it mostly pro bono, once in awhile getting a kickback via authorship, but I thoroughly enjoy the experience and the breadth of information I come across amidst the practice.

Quarterquack
12-31-2011, 10:17 AM
Nope still maintaining the specs. The LC/Single Quadrupole Mass Specs, the LC/Triple Quadrupole Tandem Mass Spectrometer (quantitative analysis), and the LC/Quadrupole Time of Flight Mass Spectrometer (qualitative and for accurate mass). I will be doing so for the next 6 months. I actually really enjoy it.

I have also altered the direction I want to take with my career. Instead of teaching, I think I want to get into editing, professionally, with a journal. I've been doing it mostly pro bono, once in awhile getting a kickback via authorship, but I thoroughly enjoy the experience and the breadth of information I come across amidst the practice.

I think we've both had a small change of heart then, and I'm enjoying that both of us are headed in a more computer-centric direction.

This year I finally got to operate my own FCM (and an ITRAQ MS which reminded me of you while I was doing it, be proud chemistry sensei) and I ended up analyzing some 45 controls and their respective combinations of 39 fluorochromes and scatter fields. Ten minutes into the repetitive work and I loved it. I did it pro bono as well because a friend had to leave his lab for a few days (conveniently when the highest amount of data analysis came around), and I don't think I want to have to do anything but bioinformatics from this point in.

Halfway through I already had the FCS output into a Macro'ed excel sheet and I kicked back and played PS1 games while it finished ranking results worth noting.

Before this point I was headstrong on running my own lab within a 5-6 year period. After this experience I realized people will pay to have me do nothing but look at a computer screen and make them graphs. The lab thing can come much later.

As for the breadth of information I worked a few months as a clinical trial advertisement agent last year. It was mostly boring telemarketing, but every now and again someone would ask me specificity such as P values, LD50's, confirmation tests etc. I ended up going through 15-25 papers a day to keep up with the incoming and outgoing orders. I think that job by far remains the most highly informative job I've ever come across - its only downside would be that it's 3-4 years too late to keep up with the highly evolving industry.

IdolEyes787
12-31-2011, 08:13 PM
OlegL as much as you choose to deride him still appears to have enough innate grace to neither break trust or choose to fun at someone else's expense.:mellow:

Quarterquack
12-31-2011, 08:24 PM
OlegL as much as you choose to deride him still appears to have enough innate grace to neither break trust or choose to fun at someone else's expense.:mellow:

Actually... yeah never mind I'm not picking up this argument.

Suffice to say, my actions are coherent with my beliefs about who he is. That is all.

chalice
12-31-2011, 08:38 PM

Actually... yeah never mind I'm not picking up this argument.

Suffice to say, my actions are coherent with my beliefs about who he is. That is all.

Your sig says kinda different. What with you remaining so aloof, removed and amused throughout all the pretty words we spill in your service.

According to your professed expertise and empathy on the subject, isn't exacerbating the subject's neuroses contrary to form? What are you achieving with that sig?

Quarterquack
12-31-2011, 10:30 PM
Your sig says kinda different. What with you remaining so aloof, removed and amused throughout all the pretty words we spill in your service.

According to your professed expertise and empathy on the subject, isn't exacerbating the subject's neuroses contrary to form? What are you achieving with that sig?

Shirley you won't beleave this.

I've wanted to change it for a while now, but have been too lazy to find a worthy preponent to quote idiocy off.

megabyteme
12-31-2011, 11:25 PM
After speaking to the man for a good hour+ over 2 conversations, I am absolutely convinced that Oleg is 100% who he says he is. I believe there is an understood rule that we don't pick on real people we know have disabilities.

there will be times that he gets annoying, and by no means should he have carte blanche to run amuck. However, he's a good, kind guy who has some compulsions, and difficulties understanding human interactions.

We discussed the way people interact on this bored, and I explained that this site (and the internet, in general) is a poor place to learn how people behave. I explained that many see themselves as characters here, and not as real people. Things said/done here do not represent real life. I believe that helped him feel a bit more comfortable with how some people have acted in the past.

As I said, Oleg is 100% who he has said he is. Honestly, if you met him, you would understand that he is not the kind of person who would act in any other manner. He does not present a "character", a troll, or a game player. He is who he is.

Hopefully this will settle the long-running question once and for all.

mjmacky
12-31-2011, 11:52 PM
And he won't mind if we have fun with his musings? I've kind of always thought of him as the Karl Pilkington to my Ricky Gervais.

megabyteme
01-01-2012, 12:44 AM
I think it's fair that we continue to be, and do, the sorts of things we have always done. However, the direct assaults (I've made a few :( ) , should be kept to times when he truly deserves it.

As for humor, I'm sure there is an acceptable line that we (being of poor taste, and character) will cross frequently. :idunno:

All that I am saying here is that Oleg is as he presents himself. Beating on a troll/character is one thing- he's neither. :)

chalice
01-01-2012, 02:44 AM
Who'd'a'thunk that MBM would turn out Jesus of the Rainmen. Me, that's who.

Happy new year.

Burnsy
01-01-2012, 03:14 AM
Who'd'a'thunk that MBM would turn out Jesus of the Rainmen. Me, that's who.

Happy new year.

Fookin' hell... I never thought I'd agree on anything with chavis... always thought one of us would have put the other to sleep first... but I'm still kinda convinced Oleg's a troll... unless you can say you've met him personally MBM?

megabyteme
01-01-2012, 05:00 AM
Fookin' hell... I never thought I'd agree on anything with chavis... always thought one of us would have put the other to sleep first... but I'm still kinda convinced Oleg's a troll... unless you can say you've met him personally MBM?

I have. Video chat. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Oleg is exactly who he presents himself as.

EDIT- Now would Jesus of the Rainmen lie? I think not. :noes:

Burnsy
01-01-2012, 05:29 AM

But what if Jesus was head Rainman?? :D

Quarterquack
01-01-2012, 06:48 AM
I have. Video chat. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Oleg is exactly who he presents himself as.

Since we're on the topic, mind elaborating? I want to know some details. What did he say/do? How did he act?

If I'm wrong I'll post an apology. I'm a man of my word, but I also need some understanding behind my word.

megabyteme
01-01-2012, 07:37 AM
But what if Jesus was head Rainman?? :D

He would definitely tell the truth. Definitely. Twenty five minutes till the new year. Definitely a good New Year to all my friends. Definitely.

megabyteme
01-01-2012, 07:57 AM
Since we're on the topic, mind elaborating? I want to know some details. What did he say/do? How did he act?

If I'm wrong I'll post an apology. I'm a man of my word, but I also need some understanding behind my word.

Oleg is set up with skype. I believe he would like to talk to you, as well, Rings. Oleg and I agreed to keep the content of our conversations private, and I will honor that agreement fully. I can tell you that there was nothing exaggerated in his actions- he wasn't trying to "act" like someone with his described disabilities. He wasn't trying to "prove" anything to me. We just talked. Our conversations went very much the way he posts when there is a topic that interests him. Overall, we spent a good hour to an hour and a half (between two conversations) just talking about life, television series, a bit about FST and its members, and some about disability itself.

I believe it will be easy for you to straighten things out with Oleg, Rings. Honestly, I lashed out at him for a while because I believed there was good reason for me to think I had been trolled into numerous conversations with him over an extended period of time. I regret doing so, and after talking to him personally, I won't be doing so anymore. As I said, he is exactly as he has described himself. He's not the kind of guy who would create an alternate persona. In fact, someone with real Asperger's struggles with finding one persona to present.

He presents himself, as he is, a kind and straight-forward man.

I hope this helps people understand that Oleg has never trolled, or tricked, anyone here, or anywhere else. Let's start the new year by viewing Oleg in this new perspective.

Definitely. :P

Quarterquack
01-01-2012, 09:00 AM

I'm sorry but no. There isn't a person I met online with a picture of my face, much to the dismay of even my facebook friends who are surprised when my profile is all abstract art and private experimental dataset pictures. The best picture you can find of me in the cloud is one where I have two jackets, a wig, and sunglasses on. I may not show it here with all the personal details and whatnot, but I do take my privacy very seriously, even in real life: Ma belle is always annoyed when I ask her to remove pictures with me in them from her social network websites. I tell her she can frame her entire apartment with pictures of me, but not one of them sees the internet is the rule.

Call me a luddite (inaccurately), call me a compulsive personal detail control freak, label me as you see fit. But those 200x20 (or whatever the measurement was) pixels of my woman and I back to back in the gay beard thread actually hurt me when I post them. It's not something I do. Ever.

I'll take MBM's word for what it is, and I'll respect his opinion and am willing to talk to Oleg in PM's for days to undo whatever unrest I caused. However, skype is something I won't do. In advance, I'd like to apologize for any damage I did (knowingly or otherwise) cause, and I look forward to our healthy deliberation between two gentlemen soon, Oleg.

megabyteme
01-01-2012, 09:36 AM
I'll take MBM's word for what it is, and I'll respect his opinion and am willing to talk to Oleg in PM's for days to undo whatever unrest I caused. However, skype is something I won't do. In advance, I'd like to apologize for any damage I did (knowingly or otherwise) cause, and I look forward to our healthy deliberation between two gentlemen soon, Oleg.

I can kinda understand your concerns, Quasimodo. Oleg was the second person I've ever talked to via video. And, with the uncertainty of whether, or not, he was "real" gave me some concerns, as well. Had he been a troll, I would have certainly been taken further in his game. Not something I really was excited about risking. However, there was nothing that gave me concern once I began talking to him. It all fit. Everything he has ever posted fit with who he has been saying he was all along. He's got Asperger's. He's uncertain about what people mean when they post strange (out of character) posts. Beyond that, his native language is NOT English.

I appreciate that you are willing to work through the past. You weren't trolled. None of the time you spent talking to him was wasted on someone's online persona.

Perhaps someday, you might even be willing to have a chat with him, Mr. Verger (http://www.practicalhomicide.com/Research/MasonVerger.htm).

manker
01-01-2012, 12:45 PM
You just can't whack foreigners who speak English better than most English people.
It's one of my favourite things about the internets and forums specifically.

I think that they, as a group, are a large part of why I've come to frame my prose so particularly. If they make such herculean efforts to be lucid, then it would be a poor show indeed if I didn't apostrophicise correctly, for example.

As to Oleg, I'm not sure if I can care about it at the moment. Since I started posting here again, I think I've only seen the chap comment on a couple of threads.
Post more, Oleg, and we'll see because one of my favourite posters ever on fst has Aspergers - and she is extremely witty and clever and might punch me in the dick if I said aught else :mellow:

IdolEyes787
01-01-2012, 02:18 PM
After speaking to the man for a good hour+ over 2 conversations, I am absolutely convinced that Oleg is 100% who he says he is. I believe there is an understood rule that we don't pick on real people we know have disabilities.

there will be times that he gets annoying, and by no means should he have carte blanche to run amuck. However, he's a good, kind guy who has some compulsions, and difficulties understanding human interactions.

We discussed the way people interact on this bored, and I explained that this site (and the internet, in general) is a poor place to learn how people behave. I explained that many see themselves as characters here, and not as real people. Things said/done here do not represent real life. I believe that helped him feel a bit more comfortable with how some people have acted in the past.

As I said, Oleg is 100% who he has said he is. Honestly, if you met him, you would understand that he is not the kind of person who would act in any other manner. He does not present a "character", a troll, or a game player. He is who he is.

Salient point this is the internet .While I'm here the only thing I'm certain of is that I have a lot of better things that I could be doing.
So proof or it didn't happen.

Btw I don't expect/want any proof of anything.I could go with Darth Rings fucking off a good deal more than he does but that unfortunately doesn't appear to be on the table.

Quarterquack
01-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Btw I don't expect/want any proof of anything.I could go with Darth Rings fucking off a good deal more than he does but that unfortunately doesn't appear to be on the table.

I still have no idea which of your sister's panties I pished on. :idunno:

IdolEyes787
01-01-2012, 07:21 PM
What you're trying to say is that you wore more than the one pair then?

Quarterquack
01-01-2012, 08:13 PM
What you're trying to say is that you wore more than the one pair then?

Not at the same time. That would be silly.

Squeamous
01-02-2012, 10:35 PM

Oleg is set up with skype. I believe he would like to talk to you, as well, Rings. Oleg and I agreed to keep the content of our conversations private, and I will honor that agreement fully. I can tell you that there was nothing exaggerated in his actions- he wasn't trying to "act" like someone with his described disabilities. He wasn't trying to "prove" anything to me. We just talked. Our conversations went very much the way he posts when there is a topic that interests him. Overall, we spent a good hour to an hour and a half (between two conversations) just talking about life, television series, a bit about FST and its members, and some about disability itself.

I believe it will be easy for you to straighten things out with Oleg, Rings. Honestly, I lashed out at him for a while because I believed there was good reason for me to think I had been trolled into numerous conversations with him over an extended period of time. I regret doing so, and after talking to him personally, I won't be doing so anymore. As I said, he is exactly as he has described himself. He's not the kind of guy who would create an alternate persona. In fact, someone with real Asperger's struggles with finding one persona to present.

He presents himself, as he is, a kind and straight-forward man.

I hope this helps people understand that Oleg has never trolled, or tricked, anyone here, or anywhere else. Let's start the new year by viewing Oleg in this new perspective.

Definitely. :P

He's Uri Geller isn't he?

OlegL
01-02-2012, 11:09 PM
Darth Rings, now I am able to understand your point of view. I did (and still do) weird things. For example, I draw attention to myself on public boards or bittorrent trackers; I irritate people... So, now I know what people don't like about me.

Artemis
01-03-2012, 06:24 AM
Megabyteme you big :ghey: fairy, I go away for the holidays and you turn into Rimmer after the emohawk got him and deprive me of my favorite troll! ffs what's wrong with the world :mad3:

megabyteme
01-03-2012, 11:46 AM
I had to look up the reference to "Rimmer".

Rimmer, the name of once of the companions of the last human alive David Lister from Red Dwarf as british sitcom. His full name is Arnold Judas Rimmer and failed the astro-navigation exam no less than 13 times. He is dispised by all but in one episode of Red Dwarf his much more dashing self from another Dimension appears, Ace Rimmer who everone, Except Arnold J Rimmer, likes.

Personally, I blame the :angry: Christmas Spirit. It gets the best of us. Sometimes... :sadwalk:

Artemis
01-03-2012, 01:14 PM

Rimmer, the name of once of the companions of the last human alive David Lister from Red Dwarf as british sitcom. His full name is Arnold Judas Rimmer and failed the astro-navigation exam no less than 13 times. He is dispised by all but in one episode of Red Dwarf his much more dashing self from another Dimension appears, Ace Rimmer who everone, Except Arnold J Rimmer, likes.

Personally, I blame the :angry: Christmas Spirit. It gets the best of us. Sometimes... :sadwalk:

You complete and utter visigoth MBM, you've never heard of Red Dwarf ??????????? Instead of downloading some of the drivel others have been recommending from the TV & Movies fred download a season or two of Red Dwarf, you're in for a treat.

Since you are completely in the dark (you numpty) the episode I am talking about is Emohawk: Polymorph II, in which the emohawk sucks an emotion out of each of the crewmembers. In Rimmer's case it was his rage, leaving him a tree hugging, vegan, caring for all of gods creatures, let's all discuss everything in group, newage hippy freak....sort of like your 'Christmas Spirit' really, or did your cuzzin just whip up a bad batch of 'shine ?

chalice
01-03-2012, 02:49 PM

You complete and utter visigoth MBM, you've never heard of Red Dwarf ??????????? Instead of downloading some of the drivel others have been recommending from the TV & Movies fred download a season or two of Red Dwarf, you're in for a treat.

Since you are completely in the dark (you numpty) the episode I am talking about is Emohawk: Polymorph II, in which the emohawk sucks an emotion out of each of the crewmembers. In Rimmer's case it was his rage, leaving him a tree hugging, vegan, caring for all of gods creatures, let's all discuss everything in group, newage hippy freak....sort of like your 'Christmas Spirit' really, or did your cuzzin just whip up a bad batch of 'shine ?

They made a merkin pilot back in 1992. It was the wank to end all wanks. Story goes that Grant & Naylor wrote a decent script, but it ended up getting binned by the yanks and they produced this utter smegma below, which cannibalises and c&p's jokes from the full canon of the original completely out of context. Holly is that bint off of Frazier for fuck sake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1uTqA9jWWE

Artemis
01-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Now you know, I've always cringed at merkin makeovers of British comedy, well not just comedy really, the U.S. edition of Life on Mars was pretty fucking bad, but that wins by a very long country mile. They took a classic , nicked bits from all over the place, added a very clean looking Lister, an exceedingly gay sounding Rimmer and even had Rimmer calling Lister a smeghead at the end, but at least they talk with an American accent.
That sucks so hard I'm surprised it didn't have an embolism, Robert Llewelyn should be hung drawn and quartered for even thinking of turning up for such schlock.
That is truly absolutely awful, I even watched the second part of the pilot and yes I was right it got worse, alot worse. That was exactly like poking away at the cut at the back of your mouth with your tongue, it really hurts but you can't stop.
Actually even the merkin Time Team is pretty awful, their Antiques Roadshow is all about the money rather than the provenance of the object, but if you piled all the crap remakes together they still couldn't get close to how deeply, stupendously, monumentally fucking awful that was, I bow to your incredibly bad taste Chavis.

megabyteme
01-03-2012, 07:53 PM
That Red Dwarf pilot was awesome! If that's the dumbed down, Merkin version, I can only imagine how funny it is with over-pronounced, monotone dialog, and production values that are 10+ years less advanced. Call me a new fan. :yup:

chalice
01-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Now you know, I've always cringed at merkin makeovers of British comedy, well not just comedy really, the U.S. edition of Life on Mars was pretty fucking bad, but that wins by a very long country mile. They took a classic , nicked bits from all over the place, added a very clean looking Lister, an exceedingly gay sounding Rimmer and even had Rimmer calling Lister a smeghead at the end, but at least they talk with an American accent. That sucks so hard I'm surprised it didn't have an embolism, Robert Llewelyn should be hung drawn and quartered for even thinking of turning up for such schlock. That is truly absolutely awful, I even watched the second part of the pilot and yes I was right it got worse, alot worse. That was exactly like poking away at the cut at the back of your mouth with your tongue, it really hurts but you can't stop. Actually even the merkin Time Team is pretty awful, their Antiques Roadshow is all about the money rather than the provenance of the object, but if you piled all the crap remakes together they still couldn't get close to how deeply, stupendously, monumentally fucking awful that was, I bow to your incredibly bad taste Chavis. Glad you enjoyed it. I was pretty sure you'd've already seen it, to be honest. Proper mangle job or wot?

I'd complain more if it actually made it to air. Even TV execs, it seems, retain a modicum of taste. I would urge MBM to view the original, though. They genesised some original sci-fi stuff and they convoluted, mashed and enhanced the rest.

A kinda jumping-off point from Douglas Adams, I've always thought, like.

IdolEyes787
01-03-2012, 08:28 PM
Is that the whole episode because I failed to see any dwarfs in it?

Also because clearly no one cares, Jane Leeves who rose to fame on Frasier got her start on Benny Hill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bxoAsvhcOI

Artemis
01-04-2012, 12:36 AM
Here are some Red Dwarf Dwarves for you Idol (not merkin ones but you get the idea).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-CG6gCrPYM

Artemis
01-04-2012, 01:07 AM
A kinda jumping-off point from Douglas Adams, I've always thought, like.

I still love a quote from the beginning of the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy :

Council Inspector 'Have you any idea how much damage that bulldozer would suffer if I let it roll right over you ?'
Arthur Dent ' How much ?'
Council Inspector 'None at all'

:glag:

Quarterquack
01-04-2012, 02:17 AM
I still love a quote from the beginning of the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy :

Council Inspector 'Have you any idea how much damage that bulldozer would suffer if I let it roll right over you ?'
Arthur Dent ' How much ?'
Council Inspector 'None at all'

:glag:

"Coincidentally none it all is exactly how much [blargh] suspected that his dear friend was from a different planet."

That quote still rings around in my head every now and again, although by now I've already discarded all the character and planet names.

Artemis
01-04-2012, 02:57 AM
"Coincidentally none it all is exactly how much [blargh] suspected that his dear friend was from a different planet."

That quote still rings around in my head every now and again, although by now I've already discarded all the character and planet names.

Cursed with a retentive memory for weird shit, without reference to an internet search engine, blargh = Arthur Dent, his dear friend = Ford Prefect, ably helped by Trillian (Trisha McMillan), Zaphod Beeblebrox and Marvin the paranoid android. :naughty:

My favorite character name though, has to be Eccentrica Galumbits, the tripled breasted whore from Eroticon 6.

mjmacky
01-04-2012, 06:01 AM
I'm so private, it's as if I don't really exist

However, skype is something I won't do. In advance, I'd like to apologize for any damage I did (knowingly or otherwise) cause, and I look forward to our healthy deliberation between two gentlemen soon, Oleg.

None of that dismisses the possibility of hanging a black curtain in the background and you talking to him while wearing a Guy Fawkes mask.

megabyteme
01-04-2012, 08:33 AM
None of that dismisses the possibility of hanging a black curtain in the background and you talking to him while wearing a Guy Fawkes mask.

That's hilarious. When I was going through my uncertainty phase before having the video chat with Oleg, I actually thought of wearing a mask- specifically a Guy Fawkes (which I don't have). I decided against it 1. Because I don't have one, and am to cheap, and too lazy to go get one. And, 2. I thought that if Oleg turned out to be autistic, it may interfere with the discussion a bit.

NTL, I did honestly think of the mask idea.

However, from his own description, I am certain Rings would still be grotesque even from behind a mask. Perhaps he could wear the mask, and hide behind the black curtain.

mjmacky
01-04-2012, 01:21 PM

That's hilarious. When I was going through my uncertainty phase before having the video chat with Oleg, I actually thought of wearing a mask- specifically a Guy Fawkes (which I don't have). I decided against it 1. Because I don't have one, and am to cheap, and too lazy to go get one. And, 2. I thought that if Oleg turned out to be autistic, it may interfere with the discussion a bit.

NTL, I did honestly think of the mask idea.

However, from his own description, I am certain Rings would still be grotesque even from behind a mask. Perhaps he could wear the mask, and hide behind the black curtain.

So you're saying you didn't want to confuse him into thinking you make the "Anonymous" videos. Perhaps your other suggestion might work for Darth Oz.

OlegL
01-07-2012, 11:54 PM
I believe he would like to talk to you, as well, Rings.

No, I don't wanna talk to him. He's either a creep or a very naive individual. This post is either very creepy or very naive:

1) You're either truly self centered and believe that whatever negative action people carry out around you has to be done in order to belittle or humiliate you, in which case, why the heck don't you pick up on it when people make fun of you to your face? Also, in which case - do you truly believe I'm trying to humiliate you? If the answer to that is no (which it has to be if you're a sane individual and can read into situations the right way), then the logical conclusion is that this is your poaching for more sympathy from people, this time by turning me into a villain. Congratulations, you're a psychopath.

2) Or you're a person that can't actually take up responsibility for your actions. I simply regurgitated the truth. If you somehow find that your previous action (which happened one day before I posted) somehow humiliates you by being brought out in front of people - then why do it in the first place? You acknowledge something you did is stupid, and in certain cases humiliating, so you either did it because you want the sympathy of those that want to believe you're absolutely retarded, or you're looking for the sympathy of people who will (once again) side with you once Valerio (or someone else) decides to flip out on you again. Congratulations, you're a sociopath.

I thought about it again and again, and even though I constantly doubt myself, I just came to the same conclusion that had floated in my mind before: Darth Rings is either weird or naive.

mjmacky
01-08-2012, 12:02 AM
No, I don't wanna talk to him. He's either a creep or a very naive individual. This post is either very creepy or very naive:

Well which one is it, is he a creep or is he naive?

Quarterquack
01-08-2012, 12:11 AM
I vote creep. Naive just sounds unbecoming of my persona.

IdolEyes787
01-08-2012, 12:18 AM
I believe that it's possible to be both a creep and naive. Think big muchacho.:)

megabyteme
01-08-2012, 12:22 AM
I believe that it's possible to be both a creep and naive. Think big muchacho.:)

I had one of those a Taco Bell once. It was creepy, and I was naive for ordering it... :(

Burnsy
01-08-2012, 12:25 AM
but I'm still kinda convinced Oleg's a troll...

I think I'm gonna go back to my first impression... I agree with that naive, creepy type person... Darf Mulls

Quarterquack
01-08-2012, 07:21 AM
I think I'm gonna go back to my first impression... I agree with that naive, creepy type person... Darf Mulls

As much as I'd like to agree with you, in my perfect world I'd rather have MBM not an idiot, than have Oleg a troll. Let's hope this is my perfect world, now. :shifty:

Burnsy
01-08-2012, 12:39 PM

As much as I'd like to agree with you, in my perfect world I'd rather have MBM not an idiot, than have Oleg a troll. Let's hope this is my perfect world, now. :shifty:

I don't think MBM's an idiot at all, quite to the contrary, having chatted with MBM a few times over the years I think he's a very decent guy... but no matter what anyone says about the whole OlegL thing, I'm not gonna be convinced there's not something 'fishy' about the whole scenario...

He's trying far too hard to get the sympathy vote from others with regards to the 'convos' between himself and you... as though you're the only one left to try and 'fool' (for want of a better word)... I'm just not convinced

OlegL
01-08-2012, 07:21 PM
I wanna fuck a pretty girl, so stop talking about me please.

megabyteme
01-08-2012, 09:37 PM

I hear Rings dressed up like a girl, and turned around backwards, is a decent solution to your needs. That is, if you can trust the feedback on his Facebook page. :idunno:

bumrocks
01-09-2012, 07:44 AM

This may have been pasted 10 times for all I know as I found the humor in the OP but the truth in the above statement. I never got past the first page before responding. But am in total agreement with what has been said here, right down to the carte blanche. You simply have to know when and how to respond.

My interaction was via IRC and was somewhat lengthy.

megabyteme
01-09-2012, 08:19 AM

This may have been pasted 10 times for all I know as I found the humor in the OP but the truth in the above statement. I never got past the first page before responding. But am in total agreement with what has been said here, right down to the carte blanche. You simply have to know when and how to respond.

My interaction was via IRC and was somewhat lengthy.

He is simply wired a bit differently. There's definitely a "condition" there. In seeing him, I was reminded of an interview done with Nicholas Cage for Leaving Las Vegas- one in which the main character has decided to drink himself to death. When asked how he was able to play the part so realistically, he noted that people who are playing drunk do everything to seem intoxicated. Those who are seriously drunk, and even have a problem with it, do everything they can to appear normal while they are drunk.

I found the comment worthy of remembering (although, I am sure much has become paraphrase by now), and I have been able to gauge others via the mechanism. While there were small signs noticeable, he was doing everything he could to present himself as "normal"- it was only when something went wrong that the uncontrolled Oleg came out a bit (he was not able to put all of his attention on being "normal",

That said, he's not trying to fool, or troll anyone. Do his posts come across as strange sometimes? Yes. Are they coming from someone who has a medical reason for these difficulties? Yes. Should he get battered for these oddities? I think not, and won't participate- at least not against HIM...

Thanks for your comments, br. :)

mjmacky
01-09-2012, 09:34 AM
I'm going to continue to tease Oleg for the things he says, since... well that's just what I do.

megabyteme
01-09-2012, 10:36 AM
Honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm just letting people know that I have met with him (v9a video chats) and he is exactly as he has described. There is absolutely NO reason why people cannot have fun with/around Oleg.

megabyteme
01-09-2012, 10:38 AM
Honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm just letting people know that I have met with him (v9a video chats) and he is exactly as he has described. There is absolutely NO reason why people cannot have fun with/around Oleg.

EDIT- Just think of Oleg as a better looking, smarter, more socially advanced, more interesting, and articulate version of Rings. Treat each accordingly...

Funkin'
01-09-2012, 10:53 AM

Would you like for me to pass Idol's sister your way? I still have a pair of her panties(actually I've never taken them off) that I can send to you so you can get a whiff of her scent and decide whether or not you want to have a go. Just pay no attention to the fumunda cheese you may see on them.

IdolEyes787
01-09-2012, 12:17 PM
I didn't know that you were into intellectual fat chicks. If God forbid I ever run into another one I'll give her your number.

megabyteme
01-09-2012, 02:13 PM
I didn't know that you were into intellectual fat chicks. If God forbid I ever run into another one I'll give her your number.

Intellectual fat chick?!!! That implies you actually talked to her that's :lol:...

What'd she say, "I almost finished high school. BTW,this chocolate cake tastes good!" ?

IdolEyes787
01-09-2012, 04:52 PM
Intellectual fat chick?!!! That implies you actually talked to her that's :lol:...

I would have thought her being my sister already implied that.:mellow:

Quarterquack
01-09-2012, 11:44 PM

I would have thought her being my sister already implied that.:mellow:

Yeah, but the image most people have in their heads of you is that your parents locked you up in a closet from right about the day you were born.
Something about being unsightly. And black. I'm sure Macky could be a lot more verbose with this latter handicap.

Funkin'
01-10-2012, 05:38 AM

Sure. Fat, mentally handicapped, black. Any girls with low enough self-esteem I'm more than happy to entertain for the night.

Human_Being
01-10-2012, 05:42 AM
Leave the guy alone.