PDA

View Full Version : Its Offical Pple Who Like Matrix Like Star Wars

NeoTheOne
11-15-2003, 03:43 AM
pple who like matrix like star wars am i right?

Well i love star wars and matrix wat about u guys matrix fans do u like star wars

Stonecoldfreak1
11-15-2003, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by neotheone@15 November 2003 - 03:43
Well i love star wars and matrix wat about u guys matrix fans do u like star wars
no

NeoTheOne
11-15-2003, 03:45 AM
you dunt oh but anyone else i asked 30 pple and 27/30 said yes to both

abu_has_the_power
11-15-2003, 03:46 AM
well, he's sorta rite. i love star wars. have every single movie out, and i love the matrix, have every single movie out. i'm just science fictiony.

NeoTheOne
11-15-2003, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@14 November 2003 - 19:46
well, he's sorta rite. i love star wars. have every single movie out, and i love the matrix, have every single movie out. i'm just science fictiony.
same here i have every single movie of both the series

Abe
11-15-2003, 03:49 AM
WAIT...............what if star wars and the matrix where combined!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways I also am a star wars and matrix fan.........

.........even though revolutions was a bad ending to the trilogy in my opinion........ :flame:

Adster
11-15-2003, 03:50 AM
well i hate the matrix and love star wars

NeoTheOne
11-15-2003, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by Abe@14 November 2003 - 19:49
WAIT...............what if star wars and the matrix where combined!!!!!!!!!!!

.........even though revolutions was a bad ending to the trilogy in my opinion........ :flame:
i personnly liked the ending to matrix revolutions

abu_has_the_power
11-15-2003, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by neotheone+14 November 2003 - 22:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (neotheone @ 14 November 2003 - 22:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Abe@14 November 2003 - 19:49
WAIT...............what if star wars and the matrix where combined&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

i personnly liked the ending to matrix revolutions [/b][/quote]
of course u do. lol.
i like the ending a lot. just got sorta confusing

NeoTheOne
11-15-2003, 03:55 AM
well if u see the matrix movies as i do / watch them over and over a gain 10 times each but no the 3rd one only 1 and 2 then the whole puzzle peices for rev will fit and itll be like man tht was on planned movie

pusher
11-15-2003, 04:01 AM
I love the Matrix. I never really liked Star Wars all that much.
But I&#39;m a hardcore Indiana Jones fan it that counts for anything. :rolleyes:

Stonecoldfreak1
11-15-2003, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by pusher@15 November 2003 - 04:01
I love the Matrix. I never really liked Star Wars all that much.
But I&#39;m a hardcore Indiana Jones fan it that counts for anything. :rolleyes:
a guy with a whip and a cowboy hat doesnt really tie into aliens and lightsabers and stuff sorry

Rock Tonic Juice Magic
11-15-2003, 04:32 AM
Yep i LOVE "Star Wars" and i LOVE "The Matrix" series. IMO star wars is beter

abu_has_the_power
11-15-2003, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by Rock Tonic Juice Magic@14 November 2003 - 23:32
Yep i LOVE "Star Wars" and i LOVE "The Matrix" series. IMO star wars is beter
true. i watched the trilogy (last 3 eps) and went wow. the story is so much better than the movies today. matrix, i like it becuz it&#39;s like sci fi on steriods, plus the bullet time and crazy effects. the wachoski bros. wanted the movie to be even more eyecandyish, but wb said their tech couldn&#39;t do some of the stuff the bros asked for in the 3rd movie. lol

ibb1982
11-15-2003, 05:30 AM
I don&#39;t like star wars that much, seems abit too kiddish.
I&#39;m a Matrix fan, don&#39;t get me wrong I aint a fanatic. I prefer the style B) of the matrix 10 times more that star wars.

Matrix has that roughness about, and complexity, I only like Master Yoda in Star wars, he makes the film wot it is, he has that complex thing goin, and you know it&#33;&#33;&#33;

ps: get "Enter the Matrix" the game, that fil up alot of gaps in the information given in the films, plus a must have the Animatrix&#33;

junkyardking
11-15-2003, 05:52 AM
Matrix = Great film

Matrix2 = ok but crap

Matrix3= crap

star wars = never really been a fan the oringal movies were ok but the latest two sux

Turd Ferguson
11-15-2003, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by Adster@15 November 2003 - 03:50
Agreed. ;)

ezyryder
11-15-2003, 07:55 AM
Star Wars, amazing. Matrix, worst piece of drivel since O.J Simpson pleaded not guilty.

3RA1N1AC
11-15-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by neotheone@14 November 2003 - 19:45
you dunt oh but anyone else i asked 30 pple and 27/30 said yes to both
sorry to disappoint you, but you need to take a random sample of at least several hundred (and ideally a couple thousand) people in order to get an "unbiased" response... not just 15 members of the matrix fan club and 15 members of the star wars fan club down at the local comic book store. ;)

official. lolz.

Wrongturn
11-15-2003, 10:27 AM
starwars is awsome matrix is so shit hate that movie

pusher
11-15-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Stonecoldfreak1@15 November 2003 - 04:12

a guy with a whip and a cowboy hat doesnt really tie into aliens and lightsabers and stuff sorry
Tell that to George Lucas.

ezyryder
11-15-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by neotheone@15 November 2003 - 03:55
well if u see the matrix movies as i do / watch them over and over a gain 10 times each but no the 3rd one only 1 and 2 then the whole puzzle peices for rev will fit and itll be like man tht was on planned movie
Well of course the movie was planned, every movie is&#33; I saw the first one arround five times, the second one three times and the last one once. I for one feel I understood what was going on, as did most of my friends, but regardless still think it&#39;s a poor movie. (not all my friends to be fair).

Yes, in a sense, the matrix is a puzzle. However, this puzzle has some of the connecting bits cut off, so not all the pieces go together. I hate it how some people think you need to be a qualified english professor to decode this movie. Those who say this generally are too young to see it in the first place&#33; (under 15). I think everyone from the youngest to oldest viewer understood what was going on. Granted, they may have not understood some of the Architects speach, but only due to the words. Any prat could understand the basis of what he said.

To me, i see the movie as this. The first one was only meant to be the one movie NOT a trillogy, but since it took in so much money, they thought they&#39;d make it into a trillogy. With thier inflated ego, bursting wallets and next to no time, they set on writting the next two parts to what was originally a good movie with immense potential. They slaughtered it&#33;&#33; The movie was too rushed and because all the 11-15 year olds were saying "awww man this movie is amazing, its so complex&#33;&#33;" the writers decided to make it more "complex" failing misreably.
Most of this complex talk came from the first one, the very common idea that this isn&#39;t reality, are we really here? these kind of questions fueled the interest in the movie, finally getting to see the most common existance questions attempted to be answered. The reason this sense of mystery stayed was in the second one, was how poorly written it was. People thought it could be very clever, that they were leading up to something big and began trying to evlaute it themselves, as noone could be this stupid to make such a weak script, but only to find with Revolutions that all the potential paths to follow weren&#39;t taken, that there were more plot-holes than a 6 year olds story of her Christmas Day.

I really don&#39;t like it when people say "you didn&#39;t understand it" when you don&#39;t like the movie (again usualy kids who say that to anyone who doesnt undestand). In some aspects, no one can understand some of it. Not even the writers themselves, since theres so many flaws in what has been written. I hate slagging of the Matrix like this, i really did like the first one, but I hate this kind of "im so superior I understood the matrix" talk.

Anything poorly written can be complex if people try to evaluate it for secret meanings.

end statement.

Storm
11-15-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Adster@15 November 2003 - 04:50
visa versa :P

NeoTheOne
11-15-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by ezyryder+15 November 2003 - 02:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ezyryder @ 15 November 2003 - 02:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-neotheone@15 November 2003 - 03:55
well if u see the matrix movies as i do / watch them over and over a gain 10 times each&nbsp; but no the 3rd one&nbsp; only 1 and 2 then the whole puzzle peices for rev will fit and itll be like man tht was on planned movie
Well of course the movie was planned, every movie is&#33; I saw the first one arround five times, the second one three times and the last one once. I for one feel I understood what was going on, as did most of my friends, but regardless still think it&#39;s a poor movie. (not all my friends to be fair).

Yes, in a sense, the matrix is a puzzle. However, this puzzle has some of the connecting bits cut off, so not all the pieces go together. I hate it how some people think you need to be a qualified english professor to decode this movie. Those who say this generally are too young to see it in the first place&#33; (under 15). I think everyone from the youngest to oldest viewer understood what was going on. Granted, they may have not understood some of the Architects speach, but only due to the words. Any prat could understand the basis of what he said.

To me, i see the movie as this. The first one was only meant to be the one movie NOT a trillogy, but since it took in so much money, they thought they&#39;d make it into a trillogy. With thier inflated ego, bursting wallets and next to no time, they set on writting the next two parts to what was originally a good movie with immense potential. They slaughtered it&#33;&#33; The movie was too rushed and because all the 11-15 year olds were saying "awww man this movie is amazing, its so complex&#33;&#33;" the writers decided to make it more "complex" failing misreably.
Most of this complex talk came from the first one, the very common idea that this isn&#39;t reality, are we really here? these kind of questions fueled the interest in the movie, finally getting to see the most common existance questions attempted to be answered. The reason this sense of mystery stayed was in the second one, was how poorly written it was. People thought it could be very clever, that they were leading up to something big and began trying to evlaute it themselves, as noone could be this stupid to make such a weak script, but only to find with Revolutions that all the potential paths to follow weren&#39;t taken, that there were more plot-holes than a 6 year olds story of her Christmas Day.

I really don&#39;t like it when people say "you didn&#39;t understand it" when you don&#39;t like the movie (again usualy kids who say that to anyone who doesnt undestand). In some aspects, no one can understand some of it. Not even the writers themselves, since theres so many flaws in what has been written. I hate slagging of the Matrix like this, i really did like the first one, but I hate this kind of "im so superior I understood the matrix" talk.

Anything poorly written can be complex if people try to evaluate it for secret meanings.

end statement. [/b][/quote]
i knw sme pple cant understand it well my lil bro can :lol:

bujub22
11-15-2003, 07:44 PM
i agree what he said thats the bottom line for it the matrix is a great but just to much hype was put in to it and peaple just was to dumb to understand what everything they said i understood my girl did&#39;nt but i explained it then she got it after watching everything on the matrix game anime movies its a good movie but and star wars just lucas is dragging this story out i just wish he end it and start something new :huh: :blink: :angry: <_< :lol: :D :ph34r:

Twist3r
11-15-2003, 09:39 PM
i dont like star wars but the matrix is good :D

Cygnuz-Y
11-15-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by neotheone@15 November 2003 - 03:43
pple who like matrix like star wars am i right?

Negative...

3RA1N1AC
11-16-2003, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by pusher+15 November 2003 - 02:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pusher @ 15 November 2003 - 02:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Stonecoldfreak1@15 November 2003 - 04:12

Tell that to George Lucas. [/b][/quote]
lolz. you really pitched one over his head. i think just about any cultural reference, whether or not it&#39;s obscure, will be completely misunderstood by a lot of people on the k-lite board nowadays. though i don&#39;t think it&#39;s terribly obscure knowledge that george lucas made both Star Wars and Indiana Jones. and both series feature Nazis...

silent VI
11-16-2003, 02:27 AM
there both just good movies although i can say i didnt understand half of the stuff said in all the matrix and starwars movie s but the specila effects are cool

db85usa
11-16-2003, 04:30 AM
I&#39;m sorry but The Matrix series makes Star Wars and all other past and present sci-fi&#39;s outdated :rolleyes:

Yes even the LOTR series.

3RA1N1AC
11-16-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by ezyryder+15 November 2003 - 02:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ezyryder &#064; 15 November 2003 - 02:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I for one feel I understood what was going on, as did most of my friends, but regardless still think it&#39;s a poor movie. (not all my friends to be fair).

I hate it how some people think you need to be a qualified english professor to decode this movie. Those who say this generally are too young to see it in the first place&#33; (under 15). I think everyone from the youngest to oldest viewer understood what was going on.[/b]

yeah, i agree...

<!--QuoteBegin-bujub22@15 November 2003 - 11:44
peaple just was to dumb to understand what everything they said[/quote]

oh wait, no i don&#39;t agree. this guy totally proved you wrong, ezyryder. zing&#33; zing zing&#33; u just was to dumb to understand what everything they said. :rolleyes: