PDA

View Full Version : Hunting around 4 a.....

Human_Being
01-04-2012, 04:50 AM
dedicated drum n bass tracker :yup:

bijoy
01-04-2012, 09:51 AM
ever thought about torrentech?

Funkin'
01-04-2012, 09:59 AM
Or possibly developing a taste for good music?

Night0wl
01-04-2012, 10:32 AM
If you, like bijoy suggests, think really really hard about TorrentTech, you might get a DB9 of an idea.

NippleCake
01-04-2012, 03:24 PM

No need to be ignorant. I bet the only "Drum n Bass" you have heard is the pots and pans, horrible screechy stuff. There is much more to it than that.

Human_Being
01-04-2012, 09:15 PM
At a quick glance it does look more of a general electronic music based site. Is DB9 still going ? I thought it was dead :w00t:

Found http://dnbtracker.org/index.php but it`s sets. Im looking for new tracks/rls`s

mjmacky
01-05-2012, 06:42 AM

No need to be ignorant. I bet the only "Drum n Bass" you have heard is the pots and pans, horrible screechy stuff. There is much more to it than that.

Probably not the case, the concept of good music changes internally as you age in the sense of what you subject your earholes to on a continuous basis for periods extending over years. Eventually, you learn what what is migraine inducing and what is great music.

bijoy
01-05-2012, 07:21 AM
Or plainly ask for DB9 invite (which you will ask for in nesr future).

Burnsy
01-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Or plainly ask for DB9 invite (which you will ask for in nesr future).

I've just been watching and waiting for the request to appear :lol:

NippleCake
01-05-2012, 06:02 PM

Probably not the case, the concept of good music changes internally as you age in the sense of what you subject your earholes to on a continuous basis for periods extending over years. Eventually, you learn what what is migraine inducing and what is great music.

except this statement is bollocks as people listen to music and have their favorite genres and styles for decades. Let me guess I suppose you know all about dnb as well.

Burnsy
01-05-2012, 06:49 PM
except this statement is bollocks as people listen to music and have their favorite genres and styles for decades. Let me guess I suppose you know all about dnb as well.

So do you reckon you'll still be listening to the same genre of music in 50 years time? I know in the last 10 to 15 years I've changed loads of genres of music I've favoured... Maybe it's just dnb that's addictive then :unsure:

Night0wl
01-05-2012, 07:59 PM
I would say I have only added genres ending up with a very broad taste, although I have for the most part a somewhat strange taste in music.. or at least that's what others tell me. I still like a lot of the same things I did when I was 10. Of course it should be noted that when I was 10 I was already going through tape/vinyl collections of older cousins and copying to tape. I like good stuff made in 2011 just as much as my fathers recommendations from the 60's and 70's.

What I listen to where and when depends more on my mood at the time than anything else.

Human_Being
01-05-2012, 08:05 PM
me no skylark
sounds like cricket now...
which man dem gonna depart a db9 inv!
ill swap it for teh luv in my heart teh smell of my fart n n apple pie pop tart.

anywayz wuteva if i want one that bad ill make an official request :P

NippleCake
01-05-2012, 08:24 PM

So do you reckon you'll still be listening to the same genre of music in 50 years time? I know in the last 10 to 15 years I've changed loads of genres of music I've favoured... Maybe it's just dnb that's addictive then :unsure:

I'm estimating you are in your early 20's, since teenage-ism results in the most fad/trend following and ultimately results in people listening to different genres' every year (I could be wrong though and I'm not having a go). but considering that most adults listen to music they have loved and listened to for years, often as early as their teens.

OP, what should suit your needs for general dnb listening. If you have a strong interest for dnb then db9 would probably be for you.

mjmacky
01-05-2012, 09:53 PM

You either forget or never learned that great music is timeless. You make it sound like drum and bass is supposed to be complex. Don't get me wrong, they sometimes make good background noise for video tutorials and other visually weighted matters. But it's a bit silly to try to stack it up against other timeless music.

Hi son, why that's a Johnny Cash album I'm listening to. Hi darling, yes, Karen Carpenter's does have a lovely voice? You're right, 60's Stones rocked the most. Aight lil' bitch, listen to these beats and keep yo damn mouf shut, Imma bout to get real hiiiigh off dis shit right he'ya.

Night0wl
01-05-2012, 10:09 PM
So in other words you are saying that because NippleCake obviously must like HipHop due to his avatar, he would force his music on others talking like a gangsta nigga from da hood?

Stereotype much?

mjmacky
01-05-2012, 10:45 PM
So in other words you are saying that because NippleCake obviously must like HipHop due to his avatar, he would force his music on others talking like a gangsta nigga from da hood?

Stereotype much?

Yes I do, but not quite in the way you were thinking. First, I believe NippleCake is white because of his name, and, well, black people don't know how to use the internet. Secondly, the commentary wasn't supposed to be from NippleCake in any way. If it were, it would have to be in some ironic sense given his mostly proper use of spelling/grammar, but to what entertaining end I can't possibly fathom at the moment. It was supposed to be a stereotypical ghetto-tongued contrast type to represent the intellectual level on which it can be evaluated against other music. Leave the deconstruction of the post to the author.

Night0wl
01-05-2012, 11:02 PM
And now you're saying a white guy couldn't talk like a gangsta nigga from da hood and that only stupid people listen to D'n'B and or HipHop?

Good thing I only like Dubstep and Trip-Hop resembling those genres a little bit. Wouldn't want to be perceived as stupid. I might be a little weird at times though. Just warning you. But then again if there were no weird people there wouldn't be much to write about.

mjmacky
01-06-2012, 12:02 AM
And now you're saying a white guy couldn't talk like a gangsta nigga from da hood and that only stupid people listen to D'n'B and or HipHop?

If I had committed to either joking or being serious, none of this would be all that confusing, it's my fault for loitering in the middle. Instead of explaining specifics, I'll just provide this cheat sheet to reexamine the posts yourself:

ghetto speak = universally retarded
drum and bass = intellectually simplistic
avatar of black guy with a doo rag looking serious = white boy posting on the internet
black people on the internet = fucking hilarious to imagine

NippleCake
01-06-2012, 12:07 AM
Sorry I completely forgot that there can only be one type of 'timeless' music. Youtube searching "drum and bass" doesn't classify you as immediately clued up on the genre, when you stop being so ignorant maybe I'll take your opinion a little more seriously. Also you further your ignorance and hypocrisy by relating dnb with drug use, when in fact most bands / artists that created your timeless music couldnt get enough drugs. funny how there are so many more drug-related deaths in the music you listen to as compared to the music I listen to. I suggest before you moronically attack something you learn a little about it first.

And I certainly don't see what my avatar has to do with anything, I chose it when I first signed up to this site, and never really gave it a 2nd thought. Don't worry you are doing well to make yourself look like a casual user with that hip MS Paint avatar, no one has clocked that you are a nerd. Also doing well on the racist comments, you must be one of those American's who hasn't got the faintest clue about the world they live in

Human_Being
01-06-2012, 12:44 AM

If I had committed to either joking or being serious, none of this would be all that confusing, it's my fault for loitering in the middle. Instead of explaining specifics, I'll just provide this cheat sheet to reexamine the posts yourself:

avatar of black guy with a doo rag looking serious = white boy posting on the internet

You remind me of a certain dnb track. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50NMb2JkPHY

Cant workout if your racist, old or just got beef with, oops my bad, a grievance with Nipplecake.

mjmacky
01-06-2012, 03:41 AM
Sorry I completely forgot that there can only be one type of 'timeless' music. Youtube searching "drum and bass" doesn't classify you as immediately clued up on the genre, when you stop being so ignorant maybe I'll take your opinion a little more seriously. Also you further your ignorance and hypocrisy by relating dnb with drug use, when in fact most bands / artists that created your timeless music couldnt get enough drugs. funny how there are so many more drug-related deaths in the music you listen to as compared to the music I listen to. I suggest before you moronically attack something you learn a little about it first.

And I certainly don't see what my avatar has to do with anything, I chose it when I first signed up to this site, and never really gave it a 2nd thought. Don't worry you are doing well to make yourself look like a casual user with that hip MS Paint avatar, no one has clocked that you are a nerd. Also doing well on the racist comments, you must be one of those American's who hasn't got the faintest clue about the world they live in

Your clueless aversions are so delicious, I love where you're going with this. I don't know if anyone has ever begged anything of you before, but I plea, please continue!

Cant workout if your racist, old or just got beef with, oops my bad, a grievance with Nipplecake.

Well we know areolar cupcakes has not a clue of that who mjmacky is, but clearly you must have retained some kind of notion since I must have harassed you before.

Human_Being
01-06-2012, 06:10 AM
Your clueless aversions are so delicious, I love where you're going with this. I don't know if anyone has ever begged anything of you before, but I plea, please continue!

Well we know areolar cupcakes has not a clue of that who mjmacky is, but clearly you must have retained some kind of notion since I must have harassed you before.

Wuteva man, wuteva it is you do around here is worthy of most peoples respect even wen u run cum jack there or is it their, yeh their thread.......Id say feel free but ya does anywayz Lol, na its not harrassment, id say impossibility. Your a glitch in teh matrix!

Anywayz made official request for db9, wish me luck :argue:

mjmacky
01-06-2012, 11:21 AM
wuteva it is you do around here is worthy of most peoples respect even wen u run cum jack there or is it their, yeh their thread

I wouldn't call it respect, it's just that they may already understand the type of nuisance I am.

NippleCake
01-06-2012, 12:55 PM

I have nothing more to say. You've made it apparent you have no answer / comeback to any of my points so its quite clear that my words hit home. There is still time for you to go back to school, all hope is not lost.

@apostle nothing special, but better than the jumpup that most people who know nothing about the genre have only heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CouG7u8LaYQ

Burnsy
01-06-2012, 01:16 PM

I'm estimating you are in your early 20's, since teenage-ism results in the most fad/trend following and ultimately results in people listening to different genres' every year (I could be wrong though and I'm not having a go). but considering that most adults listen to music they have loved and listened to for years, often as early as their teens.

OP, what should suit your needs for general dnb listening. If you have a strong interest for dnb then db9 would probably be for you.

No, not at all, I'm actually quite a bit older than that. I suppose the point I was making is that over the years I had many favourite genres of music, but as I got older it became less about which genre was best and more about appreciating different songs etc for their own merits.

If asked now what my 'favoutrite' was, I don't honestly think I could answer... I'd be more inclined to list several different artists, over a wide range, that I enjoyed listening to instead. As I've gotten older my tastes have widened/changed/whatever you'd prefer to call it, hence me asking if you felt that in 50 years you'd still be favouring one particular genre, or maybe become a bit more eclectic in your tastes. that was all :)

mjmacky
01-06-2012, 01:54 PM

I have nothing more to say. You've made it apparent you have no answer / comeback to any of my points so its quite clear that my words hit home. There is still time for you to go back to school, all hope is not lost.

Oh you'll have to try a little harder to bait me. I know you're hiding more of that yummy somewhere over there, don't be stingy with your genitals.

Funkin'
01-06-2012, 06:47 PM
thats something 10times better than what i posted

Seriously? I'd hate to hear whatever you consider to be worst than what you posted.

IdolEyes787
01-06-2012, 07:35 PM
thats something 10times better than what i posted

Seriously? I'd hate to hear whatever you consider to be worst than what you posted.

Music is like art, no matter how bad a piece is you are still going to run into someone who is determined to convince you otherwise.
Btw I make no claim about having good taste but whatever little taste I have is apparently not swayed by fashion.:mellow:Frankie Valli sucked,The Carpenters sucked and most of dnb sucks.
Seeing trends come and go if nothing else at least gives you a certain perceptive.
Anyway I only post this since some people appear to be art lovers.Good luck on your request and I look forward to you cringing in future years when reminded what you use to listen to.:)

mjmacky
01-07-2012, 09:40 AM
The Carpenters sucked

You take that one back. I love a great drumbeat, but I tend to desire a little more instrumental variety out of music, including my favorite one, the voice box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzbKJwOd1ZM

Where did pepperoni pastry puff go? He was supposed to deliver his dissertation entitled:
"Why Drum and Bass Is Not Simply Syncopated High Tempo Drumbeats with Some Low Frequency Sounds: The Arduous Journey of Understanding a Really Complicated Musical Genre sans Youtube"

All I seem to know about it is that James Bond and friends stopped their evil genius plot to destroy the world. I was really looking forward to it.

Quarterquack
01-07-2012, 09:55 AM
Even If

I've really given dubstep more time that any other genre for my ear to be attuned to it, but I just have to say: It is utter shit. I've listed to everything the genre has to offer for a few weeks, from Calibre, to Skrillex (and I know the dispute against him being dubstep), to Mt. Eden, The Killabits, Adya & Geisha, Scrumdiddlyumptious Willy Wonka crap, so on and so forth. It is compositionally and climactically shit in ways I cannot even comprehend. The only ear the possibly listens to this crap, is the untrained ear which cannot discern between the artistic and the noisy. Let me explain:

There are few instruments used in the genre as it is, and they are each used to the absolute extents of "basics". Drums in the genre aren't used beyond a few fundamental ramps and beats, usually you can hear the same tones across different songs by the same artist for what I assume to be the sheer ease of remixing. Nothing ever exhibited by the genre is compositionally challenging beyond a first grade level in music school. There is no incorporation of systematic cymbals or drum ranges, just the same mono-tone over and over.

Pianos or piano samples are only used to come up with a jingle, which is then bastardized by "drops" and then phased in and out of the song a hundred times with different effects every time, as if by the same unwritten rule of 1990's computer screensavers. The piece never climaxes properly, leading people who do look for such things in more traditional percussion or stringed instrument pieces to wonder where the song was going in the first place. It makes for seeming complexity of math rock, but the auditory experience of running your head through a meat grinder. For any of this to be taken seriously, though, there has to be a theoretically sound systematic addition of electronic effects. You can't just throw a drop anywhere, or a high and low repetitively for minutes on end. There's no music theory at all in the genre which is why it sounds like the production value of a kid in his basement (which by every definition probably encompasses Skrillex) to a multi-million dollar endorsed, signed and contracted artist. Take the 8-bit era for examples (for great modern day artists of 8-bit music check out the demo scene, or my personal current favorite cTrix). The music was simple, due to constraints of the instruments obviously, and yet fairly complex pieces were made.

Finally, a unifying visual style. Disco had the hips. Moonwalking capitalized on the feet. R&B and Hip Hop love fist pumping. What the fuck am I supposed to do during dubstep? The robot? Go into a fit? Want better overall understanding of what I mean? Listen to Chopin, Rachmaninoff and Gershwin and then study the theory behind them. Better yet, spend some time growing an appreciation for Jazz then try to go back to Dubstep.

mjmacky
01-07-2012, 10:09 AM
I've really given dubstep more time that any other genre for my ear to be attuned to it, but I just have to say: It is utter shit. I've listed to everything the genre has to offer for a few weeks, from Calibre, to Skrillex (and I know the dispute against him being dubstep), to Mt. Eden, The Killabits, Adya & Geisha, Scrumdiddlyumptious Willy Wonka crap, so on and so forth. It is compositionally and climactically shit in ways I cannot even comprehend. The only ear the possibly listens to this crap, is the untrained ear which cannot discern between the artistic and the noisy. Let me explain:

There are few instruments used in the genre as it is, and they are each used to the absolute extents of "basics". Drums in the genre aren't used beyond a few fundamental ramps and beats, usually you can hear the same tones across different songs by the same artist for what I assume to be the sheer ease of remixing. Nothing ever exhibited by the genre is compositionally challenging beyond a first grade level in music school. There is no incorporation of systematic cymbals or drum ranges, just the same mono-tone over and over.

Pianos or piano samples are only used to come up with a jingle, which is then bastardized by "drops" and then phased in and out of the song a hundred times with different effects every time, as if by the same unwritten rule of 1990's computer screensavers. The piece never climaxes properly, leading people who do look for such things in more traditional percussion or stringed instrument pieces to wonder where the song was going in the first place. It makes for seeming complexity of math rock, but the auditory experience of running your head through a meat grinder. For any of this to be taken seriously, though, there has to be a theoretically sound systematic addition of electronic effects. You can't just throw a drop anywhere, or a high and low repetitively for minutes on end. There's no music theory at all in the genre which is why it sounds like the production value of a kid in his basement (which by every definition probably encompasses Skrillex) to a multi-million dollar endorsed, signed and contracted artist. Take the 8-bit era for examples (for great modern day artists of 8-bit music check out the demo scene, or my personal current favorite cTrix). The music was simple, due to constraints of the instruments obviously, and yet fairly complex pieces were made.

Finally, a unifying visual style. Disco had the hips. Moonwalking capitalized on the feet. R&B and Hip Hop love fist pumping. What the fuck am I supposed to do during dubstep? The robot? Go into a fit? Want better overall understanding of what I mean? Listen to Chopin, Rachmaninoff and Gershwin and then study the theory behind them. Better yet, spend some time growing an appreciation for Jazz then try to go back to Dubstep.

Darth Music Critic,
I think I covered all of that with the phrase "Drum and Bass = intellectually simplistic"
But then again, maybe my evaluation bears no credence, since I'm just "one of those American's who hasn't got the faintest clue about the world they live in"

Funkin'
01-07-2012, 10:14 AM
Come on, Darth, no need to be ignorant. I bet the only "Drum n Bass" you have heard is the pots and pans, horrible screechy stuff. There is much more to it than that.

mjmacky
01-07-2012, 10:16 AM
Come on, Darth, no need to be ignorant. I bet the only "Drum n Bass" you have heard is the pots and pans, horrible screechy stuff. There is much more to it than that.

You can't blame him, he's just one of those Canadian's who hasn't got the faintest clue about the world he lives in.

Quarterquack
01-07-2012, 11:12 AM

What? DnB is not Dubstep. They're completely different. I like DnB - or rather like some artists. When I mention dubstep I'm just talking about this overly repetitive electronically modified vocals and tracks with a random "dirty drop" somewhere. Like I said, I've given it months of play time on my system, and am yet to come out with anything remotely worth listening to. I'd still be willing to give it months more, if it means I even come out with one favorite "track".

Night0wl
01-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Most electronic music I listen to i do so in my car. I've given to dubstep genre a fair go and while yes, a lot of it sucks, it's just like with every other genre. There is almost not a single genre where I don't like anything.. well except those screamo hyper death growl metal etc. Try e.g.

Seven - Dark Passenger
Killa & Instinct - Haterz
Nero - Electron
2562 - Enforcers or Morvern
Chasing Shadows - Dream On
Laid Blak - Red (Chasing Shadows Remix)
Two Fingers - Bad Girl
Or for something so bad it's actually good Rusko - 2NAQ

Of you only want to try one then definitely

Chasing Shadows vs. Laid Black
Laid Blak - Red (Chasing Shadows Remix)

Or just give everything Chasing Shadows a try because they are by far the best in the genre.

IdolEyes787
01-07-2012, 01:36 PM
Even If

...I've listened to everything the genre has to offer for a few weeks.......
Definitive proof that Marth Bings has way too much time on his hands.

What the fuck am I supposed to do during dubstep?

Generally what I favour and obviously depending on the sex and how physically imposing the purveyor of said garbage is ,is to either attempt to poke a sharp object directly into my ear in hope of breaching the eardrum (drum bit ironic huh?) or else violently assault the little bitch.

Btw I kinda like The Midway State.I hope that doesn't make me gay.

NippleCake
01-07-2012, 01:57 PM
Darth Rings, sorry but you've been listening to the wrong 'dubstep', and in fact your long post relates to the genre which has been bastardised by America and turned into a competition of who can make the "filthiest" drop. Try these 3 tracks, they don't have any 'drops' so to speak and hopefully you will find them different to that load of noise that is labelled as dubstep. A lot of these tracks are rich in sounds, that traditional guitar/drums/singer bands could not achieve. The second part of the 3rd track in particular, hits the spot for me! sounds gorgeous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlEkvbRmfrA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMXWUASozoc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FbGm39wS5c

I still don't understand how some of you think you can judge something that you have hardly listened to. If real music to you is sweaty men hitting strings with a wank-shaped hand, then you can stick to it.

Also I should probably be inserting a sarcastic comment about an insult i've recieved here, to show how I hang on this forum but I'm actually way too cool to take anything seriously on here. I do this to try and show I'm a cut above the rest of the shitmunchers

Night0wl
01-07-2012, 02:55 PM
I haven't heard a single Burial track I liked, that one included. Second track I would probably like better without the dubstep. Sounded quite Loungy but not. On the right track though.

The third track again quite fitting in Lounge genre but the dubstep in it actually really fits and it sounds great. Downloading now. Thanks :thumbsup: Do they have any other good stuff?

(this is of course for NippleCakes post.)

@hamurabi. Sounds like Reggae

Edit: Listened to Rendezvous (The other tracks on the single). How can anyone think that continuously playing one single annoying synthesizer tone for 1 minute and 25 seconds together with the starting buildup as good. I bet they stole the second track, because the first one was lost on me after the 30 second mark.

mjmacky
01-07-2012, 05:01 PM
A lot of these tracks are rich in sounds, that traditional guitar/drums/singer bands could not achieve. The second part of the 3rd track in particular, hits the spot for me! sounds gorgeous.

You said they were rich in sounds, but by the time I played them, someone seemed to have completely emptied out the accounts. You should have an embezzlement investigation conducted right away.

I still don't understand how some of you think you can judge something that you have hardly listened to. If real music to you is sweaty men hitting strings with a wank-shaped hand, then you can stick to it.

That's the funny thing about uninteresting music, I don't forcibly listen to it often. I tolerate it where I must (since it seems to be a popular choice as the audio track in many videos), but I would probably be a slightly happier person if "hardly" could describe my exposure to it.

As far as sweaty men with mangled hands, would you like me to explore your childhood with you? I don't normally offer psychiatric services, as I'm a bit pricy and only take referrals, but I'd be willing to give you a discount.

but I'm actually way too cool to take anything seriously on here. I do this to try and show I'm a cut above the rest of the shitmunchers

:glag:
I begged and plead, and you delivered... changing my sig now.

Mandatory post of a sweaty man hitting strings with a wank-shaped hand

http://vimeo.com/8290700

IdolEyes787
01-07-2012, 05:42 PM
Also I should probably be inserting a sarcastic comment about an insult i've recieved here, to show how I hang on this forum but I'm actually way too cool to take anything seriously on here. I do this to try and show I'm a cut above the rest of the shitmunchers

I think you just did.:unsure:

To be serious though you do seem to be a bit of a putz although appearances can be deceiving.
Probably like mistaking having a bit of fun as an attempt to be cool.

I can't speak for anyone else but I think if I wanted to feign coolness here I'd pretend to be an authority on music or something.As it is , being patently uncool, I can only offer my opinion on what appeals to me and what doesn't and couch it in a bit of questionable humour to try and lessen the blow.
If anyone doesn't like that then they can ask me politely to refrain( which ,being uncool,I then would most likely would) or sarcastically disagree or make fun of me at their leisure ,whichever is their preference.

Anyway I prattle on in a direction which no one cares so I can only comfort you by adding that I think my presence on this board is about at an end and afterwards feel free to say whatever you want without worry of anyone disagreeing with or upsetting you which will undoubtedly result in you being a more well-rounded ,more tolerant person and all around better person.:)

Btw rumour has it that the internet is probably not the best place to look for either truth or earnestness.

NippleCake
01-07-2012, 06:54 PM
but I'm actually way too cool to take anything seriously on here. I do this to try and show I'm a cut above the rest of the shitmunchers

":glag:" congratulations on manipulating my quote in an attempt ridicule me. Well deflected, it seems like you completely misread my impersonation of yourself. You're thousands of posts aren't lying

The whole point I commented in this thread in the first place is because I found it amazing to see the ignorance that people can display, and I have further validated my views from some of the moronic and racist statements you made in your posts. It bemuses me to see people passing judgement on things that they have no clue about. I have no interest in appearing cool, It's just by chance this topic is on music, albeit a genre which a lot of people listen to to try and appear as "cool".

mjmacky
01-07-2012, 09:09 PM
congratulations on manipulating my quote in an attempt ridicule me. Well deflected, it seems like you completely misread my impersonation of yourself. You're thousands of posts aren't lying

The whole point I commented in this thread in the first place is because I found it amazing to see the ignorance that people can display, and I have further validated my views from some of the moronic and racist statements you made in your posts. It bemuses me to see people passing judgement on things that they have no clue about. I have no interest in appearing cool, It's just by chance this topic is on music, albeit a genre which a lot of people listen to to try and appear as "cool".

1. It doesn't surprise me that you would refer to a simple truncation as manipulation. I believe you had also described drum and bass as a complex musical genre.

2. You give me too much credit for your ridicule, which has mostly been performed by yourself. I may have tried not to be obstructive in this process, but that shouldn't earn me a medal or anything.

3. My offer still stands to explore the trauma of what those sweaty men did to you with their wank-shaped hands when they weren't hitting strings. Did they beat you with them? Did they touch you in places where it made you feel uncomfortable? Were you actually pretty comfortable with how they touched you, but had an issue with the fact that they'd never shower first? Once we identify the issue, we can begin the healing process.

Funkin'
01-07-2012, 11:27 PM
What?

Go back and re-read the first page. You'll see that I wasn't actually insulting you.

*Predicts NippleCake next post will have the word ignorant in it at least once*

Quarterquack
01-07-2012, 11:49 PM

And only now do I know what you meant. I'm sorry for not reading any but macky's and your posts in this thread prior to replying. :happy:

mjmacky
01-08-2012, 12:06 AM

And only now do I know what you meant. I'm sorry for not reading any but macky's and your posts in this thread prior to replying. :happy:

If either of us are saying anything that sounds absurd or ridiculous in this thread, it's safe to assume we've been borrowing it from teat muffins.

Edit: Other than my racism, we all know clearly I'm a hardline racist.

IdolEyes787
01-08-2012, 12:14 AM

I hate the Whites too brother.

Funkin'
01-08-2012, 07:08 AM
I'm sorry for not reading any but macky's and your posts in this thread prior to replying. :happy:

I also tend to pay slightly more attention to macky's posts in a thread since more often than not they're the most entertaining.

Case in point:

How can you not be a fan? If I used signatures then this here would definitely be it.

mjmacky
01-09-2012, 10:26 AM

I hate the Whites too brother.

You know how they say all black people look the same? This picture isn't helping. Incidentally, yes, I do tend to hate the caucasus types.

I also tend to pay slightly more attention to macky's posts in a thread since more often than not they're the most entertaining.

Case in point:

How can you not be a fan? If I used signatures then this here would definitely be it.

I produced a smile tonight, and this time it wasn't because my neighbor's kid was tickling my balls.

Where went papilla pie? Did he have enough or did I just drop so low that he's now way too cool to respond? I should learn not to mess with those that are several cuts above me, I'll just be disappointed in the end.

Human_Being
01-10-2012, 03:56 AM
http://goo.gl/9HQRw

Night0wl
01-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Awesome dnb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbzZnFLFaho

mjmacky
01-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Awesome dnb

Couldn't you have just posted a shorter video? I mean, I think you could capture all the rhythms/beats within 15 seconds, then just remind people to repeat each segment in their heads about 16 times.

Would like to know what makes this awesome compared to any other "dnb"?

Night0wl
01-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Awesome dnb

Couldn't you have just posted a shorter video? I mean, I think you could capture all the rhythms/beats within 15 seconds, then just remind people to repeat each segment in their heads about 16 times.

Would like to know what makes this awesome compared to any other "dnb"?

Hard to say really. Some tracks appeal to me, most do not. That one did. I liked the setup, the structure and most importantly the sounds. A lot of dnb and especially dubstep have specific sounds that don't appeal to me at all. Some even to the point where the only thing I would gain by listening to them would be a headache. That track didn't have a single one of those annoying sounds. But then again I have listened to electronic music since the days of Goa trance in the nineties and obviously you haven't, so I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Good enough for you?

Night0wl
01-11-2012, 02:20 PM
Another really great dnb track is Grayarea - Yevminist

Can't find it on youtube though, but it's on Global Underground #24 Reykjavik Mixed by Nick Warren

mjmacky
01-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Good enough for you?

So I think you provided a pretty clear explanation. Basically, you don't find that particular track as annoying as most dnb; therefore, it's awesome.

Also, my interest in trance type music both peaked and died in the nineties. I wouldn't expect to understand why these kids would want to treat it as anything other than simplified background sound, or pay attention to it longer than they would any textbook.

Night0wl
01-11-2012, 06:53 PM
The main reason I liked that track is because it reminded me of something else (non-music related). Nostalgia FTW. For the most part I listen to electronic music in my car on those days where I drive out to customers. I can readily admit that neither dnb or dubstep fall under my favorite electronic genres, but there are some tracks in both those genres that I really like. If the mood hits me, then I will choose dnb or dubstep over classic rock.

But I don't know why I bother. I didn't expect you to understand anyway.

mjmacky
01-11-2012, 07:19 PM
I often don't expect people to understand my sense of nostalgia either, it's just a funny phenomenon in that sense.

Human_Being
01-11-2012, 10:24 PM
Good enough for you?

So I think you provided a pretty clear explanation. Basically, you don't find that particular track as annoying as most dnb; therefore, it's awesome.

Also, my interest in trance type music both peaked and died in the nineties. I wouldn't expect to understand why these kids would want to treat it as anything other than simplified background sound, or pay attention to it longer than they would any textbook.

If u dont even kmow how u even ever gonna make informed opinons on DnB. Your not.

ya dun know that invite needs to come my way

mjmacky
01-12-2012, 03:41 AM
If u dont even kmow how u even ever gonna make informed opinons on DnB. Your not.

interest != exposure
butchered English <<< communication

Quarterquack
01-12-2012, 09:57 AM
It's been on my listen-to: list for a while, but I finally got around to a sitting with Marianas Trench new album last night. Here's a perfect example of harmony between electronic synths, modifications and instrumental music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTYTcOdDR9w

I can hear a lot of J-pop inspiration, and a sample of Howard Goodall's Mad Pianos in there, so that might be why I enjoy it so much. :unsure:

mjmacky
01-12-2012, 10:46 AM
It's been on my listen-to: list for a while, but I finally got around to a sitting with Marianas Trench new album last night. Here's a perfect example of harmony between electronic synths, modifications and instrumental music:

I can hear a lot of J-pop inspiration, and a sample of Howard Goodall's Mad Pianos in there, so that might be why I enjoy it so much. :unsure:

Every time someone posts a video in here, I am thinking it's going to be another drum and bass track, but that wasn't. For a second there, I thought I must have known nothing about the very complex dnb genre. Anyways, here's a video that has neither drum nor bass. It's mostly piano, but I don't know the condition of his hands, like if they're wank-shaped or whatnot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxWxiuJRApU

Human_Being
01-12-2012, 03:04 PM
:offtopic:

mjmacky
01-12-2012, 03:56 PM
:offtopic:

I was pretty sure that I was hunting around 4am with that one.

Human_Being
01-12-2012, 05:19 PM
That works my friend, aint playin around wif ya 4am bizness, oh no.

Quarterquack
01-13-2012, 06:15 AM
Macky, let's take it upon ourselves to balance out this thread with proper music. :happy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYEd3_XaJ-4