PDA

View Full Version : when will BCG be up again? any prevision?

gerredjohn
01-04-2012, 08:26 PM
edit: it is up already
just that
thanks

anon
01-04-2012, 08:30 PM
There was a post by a staff member in another thread.

Burnsy
01-04-2012, 08:31 PM
They were hoping best case a few hours, worst case a few days... so said the notice on the site before it went down for a server switch...

gerredjohn
01-04-2012, 08:37 PM
well
few hours was not..

and yes i didnt read the notice.. actually i read non, they'r too damn long
anyways, lets hope for the best
thanks for helping

before asking here i looked for the founder "you know who he is" posts, and all bcg related content, and there wasnt any news here, i really have no idea how i could have missed that so i did a re-search, with no luck.

can you link me there please?
thanks

Burnsy
01-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Link you where? :unsure:

anon
01-04-2012, 08:50 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/439843-Blackcats-games-account-quot-disabled-quot-Is-it-gone-forever?p=3641491&viewfull=1#post3641491

There ya go.

Burnsy
01-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Ah right... a link to a post basically saying the same thing you'd just been told? :lol:

stoi
01-05-2012, 12:39 PM
well
few hours was not..

and yes i didnt read the notice.. actually i read non, they'r too damn long
anyways, lets hope for the best
thanks for helping

before asking here i looked for the founder "you know who he is" posts, and all bcg related content, and there wasnt any news here, i really have no idea how i could have missed that so i did a re-search, with no luck.

can you link me there please?
thanks

your own damn fault then, I don`t write them just for the good of my health you know ffs.

grimms
01-05-2012, 02:01 PM
BCG's is down due to a server switch right now. We all have to deal with it and it's always worth it in the end (For us all). Be patient. Plus phileas answered this already, "We're down for the server move. Should be up in a few hours at best, a few days at worst."

gerredjohn
01-05-2012, 04:55 PM
your own damn fault then, I don`t write them just for the good of my health you know ffs.

i didn't mean to criticize you, the site, or anyone involved.. just pointed the reason why i, and i bet many other users, don't read the notices

i'm glad (edit: you care enough to) write them, but even if you didn't, we'd still love you :)

stoi
01-05-2012, 10:31 PM
But the whole point of them is to fucking read them.

It really pisses me off and I made my son an account, the other year, i sent an announcement out about something, went into his room seen him go on the site and just close the thing, so went back on my PC and banned him, and he hasnt been a member since lazy bastard.

I just have no fuckng sympathy for anyone that doesnt read them when they are there, and then something happens and they are like WTF, its your own fault, and coming here to ask just pisses me off even more, you should have read the thing in the fucking first place.

pet fucking hate

end rant/

gerredjohn
01-06-2012, 02:18 AM
its ok stoi.. but, if people dont wanna read long posts they wont.. regardless of how much you feel disconsidered

i'm sure that some changes bring people to ask questions here more often than other changes..

can you try to be a bit sensible about that? what about having a subject on capital letters? i personally think they are too small, and that's one of the reasons (besides the post being long) that makes people skip them. If the subject is interesting, i'm sure people would read the whole post... (a server switch is seriously one).

so don't be mad bro, take it easy, you're dealing with masses, and i feel you are kinda playing God about it, cause u give yourself the right to hate every little thing..

i'm very sure what i said 4 lines above is very easy to understand if you make an effort.. :hug:

Silthos
01-06-2012, 02:27 AM
Do the people who ignore news updates realize it takes longer to post here then wait for replies....then it does to take the 20 sec (if that even) to read the damn news post.

soulreaper
01-07-2012, 02:58 PM
its ok stoi.. but, if people dont wanna read long posts they wont.. regardless of how much you feel disconsidered

i'm sure that some changes bring people to ask questions here more often than other changes..

can you try to be a bit sensible about that? what about having a subject on capital letters? i personally think they are too small, and that's one of the reasons (besides the post being long) that makes people skip them. If the subject is interesting, i'm sure people would read the whole post... (a server switch is seriously one).

so don't be mad bro, take it easy, you're dealing with masses, and i feel you are kinda playing God about it, cause u give yourself the right to hate every little thing..

i'm very sure what i said 4 lines above is very easy to understand if you make an effort.. :hug:

You're just making excuses for your laziness. :lol:

stoi
01-07-2012, 03:12 PM

TL : DR

Actually I did but I was tempted not to.

WRITING IN CAPS I HATE, because it looks like I am shouting and talking down to the members, hence why i never do it, even for news titles, I just do not like it at all.

News posts are used primarily for important shit, if you dont read them, thats your perogotive, i just dont know why you wouldnt, and they are not that long, cant remember how long it was but it was no longer than your post above, but i had to read that shite, wasted 30 seconds of my life there.

sheriff 01
01-07-2012, 03:13 PM
LOL-stoi banned his own son-LOL :hooray::hooray::hooray: Thats badass!!! :tank:
:slap::slap::slap:

gerredjohn
01-07-2012, 05:37 PM
WRITING IN CAPS I HATE, because it looks like I am shouting and talking down to the members, hence why i never do it, even for news titles, I just do not like it at all.

i love it, how you don't wanna seem like u talk down to members but all you did here was ranting.. regardless of how easy i was with that..
not to say you brag about banning your kid, and also i've read a lot of complains on your staff while searching for bcg around the forum

you say you don't wanna talk down, but behave exactly like that..

so to you i have to say: fuck you, i'm not your son neither your wife to take your shit, neither any user of the site, if you don't like us take your tracker to mars

stan
01-07-2012, 06:34 PM
And I always thought Stoi was one of the most sensible blokes in BT.:yup:

Not seen anything here to change my mind.

sheriff 01
01-07-2012, 07:31 PM
In stoi's defense, to be quite honest, if i were running a tracker the userbase would be nearly non existent. My patience level is such that i would probably end up banning fuckin everybody and then be the only 1 left all alone-lol

nihlathak_
01-07-2012, 07:39 PM
He still is ;-)

Burnsy
01-07-2012, 07:44 PM
if you don't like us take your tracker to mars

Which ISP covers there? :unsure:

P.S. - I don't think stoi said he didn't like anybody, I think he said one of his pet hates was taking the time to advise people on current issues with the site, only for the site's own messages to be ignored by lazy twats whining they're too long, who then come onto other forums asking questions the BCG staff have already pre-empted AND answered.

I doubt any site would miss members who aren't bothered about the site itself...

gerredjohn
01-07-2012, 07:45 PM

Not seen anything here to change my mind.

yes, stick the the boss kids :)

anon
01-07-2012, 10:21 PM
Many routers drop Martian packets, I don't think that'd be a possibility.

justmike
01-09-2012, 05:26 AM
Any news? its been more than a few days now...

nihlathak_
01-09-2012, 10:00 AM
It seems that the host underestimated the work that needed to be done. Just keep checking back a few times every day :-)

gerredjohn
01-09-2012, 05:40 PM
It seems that the host underestimated the work that needed to be done. Just keep checking back a few times every day :-)

really? get a job man..

cinephilia
01-09-2012, 05:56 PM
just use TL instead

Glaucon
01-09-2012, 06:48 PM

Sure thing (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/). In the meanwhile, abstinence might be a good thing.

munakip
01-09-2012, 07:19 PM
Any body have an info how many more days they will be back?

stoi
01-09-2012, 07:39 PM

really? get a job man..

you are the one that made the thread about it, and reading your previous rant, does that mean when we do come back up, you will never sign in again (lets hope eh)

The servers are down a lot longer than we envisioned, it was supposed to be 2-4 days and the 4 days was supposed to be the longest for anyone, but things have gone pear shaped a bit (they may even be on Mars for how long its taken j/k).

They were going 4,400KM from one side of Canada to the other, the truck they were in broke down, so that delayed things, there was an Electrical problem at the data center so that delayed things further, now i believe there is a problem with the routing, but they are working on it, but other than that, i know nothing else, we are all just waiting for word, asking when we will be back up is like asking how long a piece of string is, no one knows, it could be 10 minutes, it could be another 2-3 days (hopefully not though).

Glaucon
01-09-2012, 07:49 PM
The servers are down a lot longer than we envisioned, it was supposed to be 2-4 days and the 4 days was supposed to be the longest for anyone, but things have gone pear shaped a bit (they may even be on Mars for how long its taken j/k).

They were going 4,400KM from one side of Canada to the other, the truck they were in broke down, so that delayed things, there was an Electrical problem at the data center so that delayed things further, now i believe there is a problem with the routing, but they are working on it, but other than that, i know nothing else, we are all just waiting for word, asking when we will be back up is like asking how long a piece of string is, no one knows, it could be 10 minutes, it could be another 2-3 days (hopefully not though).

Let us know who you're hosting with and we'll salute them with hate mail. :whistling

stoi
01-09-2012, 07:56 PM
In all honesty, I havnt got a bad word to say about them, they have been great since we have been with them, and they are moving as its a better data centre all round (when the problems are fixed anyway).

its just a waiting game at the minute, but hopefully it wont be too much longer.

Glaucon
01-09-2012, 10:09 PM
In all honesty, I havnt got a bad word to say about them, they have been great since we have been with them, and they are moving as its a better data centre all round (when the problems are fixed anyway).

its just a waiting game at the minute, but hopefully it wont be too much longer.

Fingers crossed. :happy:

Rdysn5
01-09-2012, 10:27 PM
I'm extremely relieved to hear that the site should be coming back online soon. I was beginning to worry whether it would come back online at all, as it has never been down for so long during the 5 years that I have been a member of the site.

Human_Being
01-10-2012, 04:14 AM
11/01/1213 is teh return/expected date.

gerredjohn
01-10-2012, 04:25 AM

1213? u don't say?

1213? u don't say?

stoi
01-11-2012, 09:03 AM
Latest:

The hosts got the IPs this morning at 1am GMT, I gave them the info they needed, said they would get straight on it, stayed up till 3am no reply, so had to go to bed, got up at 8am, not on Gtalk so again its just a waiting game.

As soon as i get the IPs i will get on the site and make sure everything is working, if not we will fix the important things (tracker for 1) and then change the nameservers over to the new IP on the domain.

Just have some patience, but we are getting there.

Night0wl
01-11-2012, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the update. I'm guessing the the progress will be similar for the other sites.

gerredjohn
01-11-2012, 06:58 PM
thanks for the info

fOrUmAs
01-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Thanks for update stoi!!

There is much going on with ps3 scene right now :D

many people will be happy when BCG is back online

gerredjohn
01-11-2012, 07:20 PM
what's going on with the ps3 scene? fw since 3.55 hasn't been broken yet

stoi
01-11-2012, 09:49 PM
there has been a hitch, lucky we have 9 lives lol

I have changed the domain to point to the new ip, but even if it populates now, you wont get anything for awhile.

He is going to back everything up, install new OS and put everything back on again, which obviously could take awhile.

They are also 8 hours behind me, and I am very busy tomorrow, but i have informed other staff so hopefully they can get it up nd running if i am not about.

But its looking like tomorrow now.

justmike
01-13-2012, 12:29 AM
Any new info?

I know you're busy stoi, but im sure you can understand our anxiety/impatience :-) and, doubtful, but anything any of us can do to help?

regs8376
01-13-2012, 02:26 AM
We are still waiting to hear from the hosts...both stoi and I are in contact with them and we will update everyone with more information once we have it...this is obviously taking longer than expected but we need everyone to remain patient. The site will be back up and hopefully soon. We will update you with any changes though. The only thing you can do is be patient.

phileas
01-13-2012, 04:43 PM
How about putting irc on a temp location regs? I've been lonely........

gerredjohn
01-13-2012, 04:48 PM
How about putting irc on a temp location regs? I've been lonely........

:hug:

tjbzonasul
01-13-2012, 08:27 PM
Just hope thay have an open signup to celebrate new server :)

TIBS
01-14-2012, 01:28 AM
Thanks for updates - unlike some who couldn't be arsed with reading the "must read" notes I knew there was the 'few days' possibility, but glad to see the 'slightly more' looks like a minor hitch (in comparison to TvTz RIP.)

Oh, and lol @ banning of your son, class XD

thedemon44
01-14-2012, 01:51 AM
I was getting worried. Can't wait for the tracker to be online.

gerredjohn
01-15-2012, 12:39 AM

class? i understand his rant.. but applauding it just show in how much dementia people can live with.. go get some air for your own sanity please

regs8376
01-15-2012, 04:31 AM
we have settup a temporary IRC server using the old irc domain irc.blackcats-games.net:6667...if you cant join right away its because the DNS hasnt propagated fully but you can try again at a later time

plastikowl
01-15-2012, 05:02 AM

class? i understand his rant.. but applauding it just show in how much dementia people can live with.. go get some air for your own sanity please

For someone who was so quick to do the equivalent of give the finger to the admin and tell him to take his tracker to mars, you sure hang around in this thread an awful lot. If you dislike his attitude so much, why even post here? Just curious.

yomanwassup2
01-15-2012, 05:17 AM
Congrulations, To Your success

gerredjohn
01-15-2012, 07:23 AM

For someone who was so quick to do the equivalent of give the finger to the admin and tell him to take his tracker to mars, you sure hang around in this thread an awful lot. If you dislike his attitude so much, why even post here? Just curious.

there's more to the matter than stoi's attitude, that's why I reply, do you understand that?
if you are able to see that, you will also see that i took his finger twice before i give him mine, just check his previous posts

so there's really one question that matters.. are you really that much of an idiot? or are you an attention whore who makes dumb idiot posts so someone replys to you?

Kyman73
01-15-2012, 11:02 AM
SQL Error! Can't access tracker but the blackpaw is back!

stoi
01-15-2012, 12:59 PM
Do you not realise, you gave me the finger first by not reading the news even though you clicked the link to read it because it was too long and not in caps, and then you have the audacity to ask on here.

there's more to the matter than stoi's attitude, that's why I reply, do you understand that?
if you are able to see that, you will also see that i took his finger twice before i give him mine, just check his previous posts

so there's really one question that matters.. are you really that much of an idiot? or are you an attention whore who makes dumb idiot posts so someone replys to you?

Regs said that at 4 this morning, but i am still getting nothing, hopefully the hosts are messing with it, but i have no further news im afraid.

gerredjohn
01-15-2012, 05:49 PM
Do you not realise, you gave me the finger first by not reading the news even though you clicked the link to read it because it was too long and not in caps, and then you have the audacity to ask on here.

ah.. the analfabets.. have you seen how rude they have become nowadays?

fOrUmAs
01-15-2012, 05:58 PM

still it takes time to load that error but it's getting there,hopefully soon site will be up and running:D

ggbarnum
01-15-2012, 10:19 PM
bibble

gerredjohn
01-15-2012, 11:45 PM
it is up

Enigineer
01-15-2012, 11:51 PM
BCG return few hours ago

justmike
01-16-2012, 12:23 AM
BCG return few hours ago

still down for me, both site and tracker

darkblue
01-16-2012, 03:13 AM
site is p now:)

ggbarnum
01-16-2012, 08:13 AM
Still down for me.... hopefully just DNS taking time to update.

plastikowl
01-16-2012, 09:56 AM

If his attitude bothers you so much and you are so eager to tell him to take his tracker somewhere else, again why do you continue to post? What else is there to "the matter" at hand? All I've witnessed so far is you getting butt-hurt about his attitude towards you, because you admitted to not reading the news postings before asking stupid questions. (idiot posts ftw)

Again, who is the attention whore here? Seems to me it's the guy crying about how crappy Stoi's attitude is, telling him to take his tracker and shove it.....yet..continuing to post in a thread about the same tracker (about his attitude over and over no less) and apparently entering the IRC channel. I was simply asking a question, which you still failed to answer while being as ignorant and rude as possible. Lick balls guy.

gerredjohn
01-16-2012, 06:28 PM
There are a few times once in a few months where someone is just so idiot that you actually gotta make him a picture for him to understand.. i'll do that once again buddy..

If his attitude bothers you so much and you are so eager to tell him to take his tracker somewhere else, again why do you continue to post? What else is there to "the matter" at hand? All I've witnessed so far is you getting butt-hurt about his attitude towards you, because you admitted to not reading the news postings before asking stupid questions. (idiot posts ftw)

There are free games in the matter, there are other users who dislike his behaviour in the matter, and there is world peace in the matter, that's why i post, and will keep posting as i see fit.

Again, who is the attention whore here? Seems to me it's the guy crying about how crappy Stoi's attitude is, telling him to take his tracker and shove it.....yet..continuing to post in a thread about the same tracker (about his attitude over and over no less) and apparently entering the IRC channel. I was simply asking a question, which you still failed to answer while being as ignorant and rude as possible. Lick balls guy.

me and stoi were far trought that point since the last time you posted here.. did you see any of us debating that again? not, get over it please, attention whore.

also, i didn't entered the irc channel, but that just proves my 1st point above.

There you go, 3 lines and your existencialism perhaps ceased
Perhaps if you had a healthy life you wouldn't need my help, for further questions search a shrink buddy, no hard feelings

stoi
01-19-2012, 06:04 PM
We may be fucked.

kernal errors on the servers, Hosts dont know if its fixable, hopefully it should be, but we just dont know yet, I dont even know whats wrong with it 100 percent. (whether its just the HDDs or the server themselves)

Best case to worse case.

Fixed, we come back up. (really hoping for this one).
just the HDDs we reinstall, but we dont have a populated DB backup (one of the tables was 89gig, so we just never got around to it :( (someone shoot me)) so we start again with tbdev
^^ we try to covert Gazelle as quickly as possible, but it still might take awhile, and install that on the HDDs and open up. again everyone will start from scratch, and no torrents
Actual servers have gone boom, get a cheap dedicated server from somewhere, get tbdev or gazelle on (probably gazelle, see above)
Thought I had last night, just say fuck it and let it die, but i very much doubt this will come to fruition, put too much blood sweat and tears into this to just say fuck it. (and we still have 4-5 lives left)

We will be back, when we will be back though I dont have a clue, could be 2 days, could be 2-3 months (hopefully not that long though) but we will be back.

Our IRC server is up, on a backup, thanks to askew1 for that, you can get to it with the domain irc.blackcats-games.net, we will try to keep that updated with any news as soon as we have some.

wtf is this dotdefender, its blocking me from posting edit: wouldnt let me do the percent sign, huh.

sheriff 01
01-19-2012, 06:09 PM
Stoi, it wouldnt let you do the percent sign because you are on restrictions. lol
I do hope that for the sake of all your blood sweat and tears that it does see the light of day again. Would be sad if it did not.

Burnsy
01-19-2012, 06:26 PM
Good luck with trying to get things sorted stoi... hope you get things worked out

Glaucon
01-19-2012, 09:12 PM
Hoping for the best. I know exactly how it is with the backups, I thought them insignificant as well and got burned... twice. Hope that doesn't happen to you.

In light of positive thinking:

Fixed, we come back up. (really hoping for this one).

we try to covert Gazelle as quickly as possible

Do these go hand in hand as well?

stoi
01-19-2012, 09:25 PM
Well, we have been thinking about going with gazelle for awhile, just never really looked at it properly tbh, and it looks like a right PITA to convert it to a games tracker, TBDev is just change a few cats and its done, Gazelle is probably 2-3 months work to get it done.

If we havnt lost anything, we will come back as we were, thats not to say we wont push ahead with gazelle, but it is RC2 so not complete, and it doesnt look like its getting worked on anymore, and BTN saying they are going to ditch it as its a mess doesnt bode well I have to say.

Lets get back up first though, or at least see what the hosts say and then we can take it from there, atm we are just twiddling our thumbs and cant really do anything at all :(

bamboo
01-20-2012, 01:12 AM
Let us know if there's anything we can do Stoi, would hate to see BCG go the way of ScT.

biscuit
01-20-2012, 04:22 PM
We love you. Will help in any way possible if you should ask.

stoi
01-20-2012, 05:16 PM
Cheers ^^ but there isnt anything anyone can really do at the minute, just a wait and see game, and we are still waiting.

We have IRC up, I will post here if we hear anything concrete, and we do have a twitter account if you use that @blackcats_games which i will try to keep up to date.

Raban
01-20-2012, 07:09 PM
but we dont have a populated DB backup (one of the tables was 89gig, so we just never got around to it :( (someone shoot me)) so we start again with tbdev

no backup of the users?? I understand one of the tables was huge but that wouldn't prevent you from backing up the other tables... I.e., the one with the user accounts/passwords/stats. Ya I know coulda woulda shoulda but perhaps this is a lesson to learn for the future. You need to have a better plan in place in the event of data loss.

stoi
01-21-2012, 09:19 AM
The Hosts are bacing up the data now, we havnt lost anything, but its still going to tae quite a few ours (even a day or 2) to get us bac up and running again, but luckily (if the db doesnt have any errors anyway) we should be back and like we had never been down.

biscuit
01-21-2012, 02:58 PM
The Hosts are bacing up the data now, we havnt lost anything, but its still going to tae quite a few ours (even a day or 2) to get us bac up and running again, but luckily (if the db doesnt have any errors anyway) we should be back and like we had never been down.

Wonderful news. Thanks for keeping us updated. It's appreciated.

coleas
01-22-2012, 02:51 AM
thanks for the info ...

stoi
01-22-2012, 03:34 AM
They should be back in the racks on Monday, whether they are up and working 100% is another matter entirely though, but getting there.

grimms
01-22-2012, 09:42 PM
Glad to hear.

BeyondTheVeil
01-22-2012, 11:46 PM
Awesome. Thanks for keeping us informed stoi.

aragornleg
01-23-2012, 12:31 AM
Awesome news. I use only BG for my games. Thank you.

regs8376
01-23-2012, 01:30 AM

I'm glad you use BG for all your games, not sure what that has to do with this thread though since we are talking about BCG and not BG

zizoo
01-23-2012, 04:19 AM
hater xD

marklefe
01-26-2012, 08:13 PM
It's back up now, much faster than I expected.. but they still have somethings that needs to be sorted out first.

absent_today
01-31-2012, 05:29 AM
Any news why torrents are not getting uploaded on BCG ?

stoi
01-31-2012, 09:58 AM
The tracker still isnt installed/working we are working on it though.

absent_today
01-31-2012, 12:02 PM
Thanks stoi I for a moment thought the tracker would be closing down, thank god.

bijoy
01-31-2012, 12:49 PM

ex banned user who is still trying to get into the site? :P