PDA

View Full Version : UK-Two closing it's doors

dabour
01-05-2012, 03:35 PM
As you may have noticed or will notice UK-two is closing. I have tried every avenue I could think of to keep it open but with low donations I simply can not afford to pay yet another month. Uk-two has been a great site and pretty active but sadly in the entire time of its existance only one month have server costs been met by donations, all other months have been covered by autotron and fishy2. Now that fishy2 has decided to walk away from UK-Two it has all fallen on my/autotrons head, I managed to scrape up the funds lat month to keep the site going and tried this month to stir activity by opening the doors to 1500 new members but alas the donations to keep the site going just where not there.
It saddens me greatly to have to close UK-Two but economically I just cant do it any longer. Any one who has donated this month will get their donation refunded to them minus what ever paypal takes away for their fee.
I do as an alternative offer invites to these two sites if your wish. I am not offering these to enhance any site or carry over stats, but do so so you can still be at a site with familiar names and faces, both these sites are unique from each other and offer different things and are staffed by different staffs, both are not at risk in any way of closing and are well maintained
the first is the oldest tracker still in existance (google it if you dont believe :D )
use this link to get some free goodies to start you off

the other is newer but equally as good and boasts great staff and active irc with radio
this link will also give you some free goodies to start with

As I said, I do not offer these invites to boost any particular site or benefit in any way, I do it because I feel badly about having to close your home and hope you find a new home in one or both of these so all can still be a happy family together

bye bye !

n00bz0r
01-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Meh
so long..

cinephilia
01-05-2012, 04:17 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ubOwd.jpg

Slickerey
01-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Pics or it didn't happen.

korton
01-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Old news. User donations will keep the tracker up for another month according to sysop.

LazyGuy
01-05-2012, 04:38 PM
which 2 trackers are the users being invited to?
also, i don't see that announcement in my home page

anon
01-05-2012, 05:24 PM
*waits for UK-Three*

jam0980tr
01-05-2012, 05:52 PM
2 alternate sites were Fatal Tracker (http://www.torrent-invites.com/tracker-reviews/51573-fataltracker-ft-review.html) and Pinkies Revenge

MixLogy
01-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Bad news, Thanks m8.

ElitUser
01-05-2012, 06:27 PM
now a days create a private tracker with only scene release + pretime will not survive for long periods, and don't forget to mention --- Closing signup for the public --- will not create any huge popularity.

*waits for UK-Three*

You and I will giving a birth this baby. Lets go to bed, I am feeling horny :inlove:

Burnsy
01-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Any one who has donated this month will get their donation refunded to them minus what ever paypal takes away for their fee.

I was under the impression that you could pay someone as a "Gift/Other" through PayPal, which then waived their fees? :unsure:

Stabber
01-05-2012, 06:45 PM
Fatal Tracker is even better than uk-two , but the design is awful !

Cabalo
01-05-2012, 06:49 PM
Someone thought they would be getting a lot of donations just because they expected to reenact a former secretive site and would lure enough noobs.

Meh.

anon
01-05-2012, 06:59 PM
You and I will giving a birth this baby. Lets go to bed, I am feeling horny :inlove:

Hahahhahahah.

AtlAntA
01-05-2012, 11:02 PM
bad news :dry:

chrisbeebops
01-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Someone thought they would be getting a lot of donations just because they expected to reenact a former secretive site and would lure enough noobs.
+1

looks like plan didn't work as well as they hoped, so they are closing shop and inviting everyone to another tracker the same people run.

anon
01-06-2012, 12:42 AM
bad news :dry:

Certainly.

Quarterquack
01-06-2012, 03:41 AM
I was under the impression that you could pay someone as a "Gift/Other" through PayPal, which then waived their fees? :unsure:

Not anymore. Paypal has been on a tirade of raping people up their arse for no reason but because they can. I've been dealing with Paypal a little more closely these past few months, and suffice to say, my heart goes out to anyone (especially trackers) who have to rely on them. I used to think the frozen account thing was a hoax/poach, but now I just feel bad for anyone who deals with those scumbags.

Fees have to be paid on gift transactions, now, and have been for a couple of years or more I believe.

Funkin'
01-06-2012, 04:48 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ubOwd.jpg

You could not have found a better image for this thread.

Pwner101
01-06-2012, 01:00 PM
If you do it as a personal send to someone in the U.S. and your in the U.S. as well they typically won't charge in certain sending options.
However they do not let you set it to do this in the auto paypal scripts alot of the sites use to my knowledge.

BTW I know of at least 2 private sites that are older than Fatal... not by more than a few months but still older.
Fatal just gets mentioned as being the oldest all the time so people think it is.

JebusAT
01-07-2012, 05:17 PM
If you do it as a personal send to someone in the U.S. and your in the U.S. as well they typically won't charge in certain sending options.
However they do not let you set it to do this in the auto paypal scripts alot of the sites use to my knowledge.

BTW I know of at least 2 private sites that are older than Fatal... not by more than a few months but still older.
Fatal just gets mentioned as being the oldest all the time so people think it is.

Which sites are older?

Stabber
01-07-2012, 06:27 PM

Which sites are older?

Not sure if filelist(aka filepost) is older

JebusAT
01-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Which sites are older?

No, FL was created Sept. 07

bijoy
01-07-2012, 07:17 PM
another doantion begging tracker? :lol:

Yoann64
01-07-2012, 08:46 PM
*waits for UK-Three*
The french names of the Twilight saga are : I - Fascination, II - Temptation, III - Hesitation and IV - Revelation ...It must be the same here ...

anon
01-07-2012, 10:24 PM

No, FL was created Sept. 07

That's FL.ro I think. Didn't filelist.org/filepost.org/now postfile.org show up in 2004 or something?

JebusAT
01-08-2012, 12:17 AM
yeah, they are newer than Fataltracker, 02/03 was when Fataltracker became FT, it was SuperOmega for a month or more, can't remember lol

martzy
01-08-2012, 05:12 AM
MySpleen is pretty old, first user created at 2004-01-29 03:01:56 GMT (414 weeks ago).

JebusAT
01-08-2012, 06:00 AM
MySpleen is pretty old, first user created at 2004-01-29 03:01:56 GMT (414 weeks ago).

Very true, old site...FT is still older...where are the older sites Pwner said there are?

Glaucon
01-08-2012, 10:52 AM
Ironically, the promo signup links can be found via a Google search in under 5 minutes - so much for only giving the UK-Two members a new home.

anon
01-08-2012, 05:19 PM

Very true, old site...FT is still older...where are the older sites Pwner said there are?

I've been told private torrent sites have existed as far as 2002, but I don't have any names. FatalTracker (after it got featured on Filenetworks) and filelist.org are the oldest ones I know. Not that it's a life-changing piece of information. :idunno:

JebusAT
01-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Fataltracker did exist in 2002 as SuperOmega, I remember pubbing torrents on suprnova, namely a really crappy cam of Star Wars II...am just really curious to know if any other sites from that period are still alive and kicking lol

Human_Being
01-08-2012, 08:53 PM
Congratulations! :-)

martzy
01-08-2012, 08:54 PM
None of those trackers are still alive.
MySpleen is still alive after 8 years.

Glaucon
01-08-2012, 11:21 PM

And I've been running a private tracker in my garage for the last 10 years or so. I'm the only member and it has about 0 or so torrents.

It doesn't matter which tracker is the oldest and it's silly to argue about it.

JebusAT
01-09-2012, 12:29 AM

And I've been running a private tracker in my garage for the last 10 years or so. I'm the only member and it has about 0 or so torrents.

Don't see an argument happening, I have a new CN account for trade for an account on your tracker though ;)

1000possibleclaws
01-09-2012, 12:57 AM
@Original post:

Well this turn of events in not in the least bit surprising!

Glaucon
01-09-2012, 07:30 PM

Don't see an argument happening, I have a new CN account for trade for an account on your tracker though ;)

Om nom nom nom. Do you mind the fact that the power cord wasn't plugged in since like forever though? Might not work, and all...

PS: Better to prevent disputes than try to solve them later.

Stabber
01-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Btw is fataltracker.me and fataltracker.com different trackers ? Which is the original one?

mrnobody
01-09-2012, 08:41 PM
there was a tracker named UK-2? :o

JebusAT
01-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Btw is fataltracker.me and fataltracker.com different trackers ? Which is the original one?
One and the same, .com was first.

Glaucon
01-09-2012, 10:12 PM

.me is the one UK-Two was offering invites to. I think .com is only a forum, they've got it integrated into the main site now though.