PDA

View Full Version : Windows best way to Rip music from spotify?

johhny
01-08-2012, 07:05 PM
i know there are software like audacity,replay music Spotify Music Ripper etc
anybody know what's the best method:unsure:

Stabber
01-10-2012, 02:00 PM
Waffles or what.cd or thepirateapp :P

The quality of songs from spotify isn't the best , it's better to download your music with another way

johhny
01-10-2012, 02:03 PM

The quality of songs from spotify isn't the best , it's better to download your music with another way

not true there are a lot of unreleased stuff on spotify and believe me the quality at spotify on premium membership is amazing :)

Stabber
01-10-2012, 02:05 PM

not true there are a lot of unreleased stuff on spotify and believe me the quality at spotify on premium membership is amazing :)

Oh you have premium :P

I was talking about the free spotify , not sure where you can find an app like that . I remember there was something on linux despotify where you could download each song of spotify and it was great !! Now they require that you have premium membershiip in order to download from spotify

johhny
01-10-2012, 03:00 PM
i'll give a try with Dojotech Spotify Recorder 3.2 :)
even with premium you can't get songs unless you buy them

Stabber
01-10-2012, 03:23 PM
With despotify you could download them from spotify , but there is no such app for windows i think . Recording isn't the same downloading

johhny
01-10-2012, 04:20 PM
thx for the info
no problem i'll run it in vmware and try it :)

Glaucon
01-10-2012, 04:24 PM
I don't really see the point of this (poor quality last I checked), but if you feel like recording the music, you can always use Virtual Audio Cable to redirect the output to wherever...

Stabber
01-10-2012, 04:44 PM
What about spotsave?

johhny
01-10-2012, 04:48 PM
i know about spotsave...it dosen't work anymore

anon
01-10-2012, 05:17 PM
Doesn't recording the audio output, hm, decrease quality?

There were a few other programs besides despotify, I have no experience with any of them though.

Glaucon
01-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Doesn't recording the audio output, hm, decrease quality?

There were a few other programs besides despotify, I have no experience with any of them though.

It does? It's not like you're playing it on your speakers and holding the microphone to them...

Cabalo
01-11-2012, 07:14 PM
Why not getting them off Grooveshark ?

anon
01-11-2012, 08:22 PM
It does? It's not like you're playing it on your speakers and holding the microphone to them...

I'm not 100% sure, but I was under that impression, given you're capturing the audio and dumping it to a file once again.

Glaucon
01-11-2012, 09:18 PM

I'm not 100% sure, but I was under that impression, given you're capturing the audio and dumping it to a file once again.

I think it's the same thing as downloading a file, since it doesn't actually get played. Your audio card doesn't touch it, it gets redirected to a virtual audio device and after that it can be manipulated like any other digital data.

johhny
07-18-2012, 06:51 AM
The best way i found is on MAC with AudioHijack, you won't see any difference between the original and the ripped one.