PDA

View Full Version : private site that does not record torrent history

mrnobody
01-09-2012, 09:00 PM
I recall UK-T didn't and I think SCT didn't either (or did very minimal on user end at least). I'm curious if there are trackers out there that don't keep a 50 page list of everything you've ever downloaded.

Just out of curiosity, nothing more.

anon
01-09-2012, 09:27 PM
If we're talking 0-Day, FL.ro, IPT and Postfile (I think) keep no records short of the torrents you're leeching or seeding right now.

Didn't ScT keep a list of all your activity for the last months?

ajsi
01-09-2012, 09:49 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to name trackers that DO keep 50 page list of what you've downloaded?

Stabber
01-09-2012, 09:50 PM
I also recall that sct had a list of torrents you snatched

t00z
01-09-2012, 10:08 PM
TL only shows 8 for me, although I've downloaded way more torrents than that.

iirc, the old site used to say "last x weeks". I'm not sure if I only have a few torrents on that list because the old database didn't contain older downloads, or if this is because they're still not keeping track of old snatches.

edit: SCC also doesn't show them.

JebusAT
01-09-2012, 11:15 PM
At FT you can flush your torrents whenever you want, we ask you to do it once a week though.

anon
01-10-2012, 12:36 AM
TL only shows 8 for me, although I've downloaded way more torrents than that.

iirc, the old site used to say "last x weeks". I'm not sure if I only have a few torrents on that list because the old database didn't contain older downloads, or if this is because they're still not keeping track of old snatches.

I think everyone started with a clean record when they moved to the new source code. The old site would keep snatchlist ("full up/down list") entries for some months after your last tracker announce on that particular torrent.

mrnobody
01-10-2012, 01:01 AM
Wouldn't it be easier to name trackers that DO keep 50 page list of what you've downloaded?

no.

Pwner101
01-10-2012, 03:57 PM
Alot of sites auto purge them whenever the torrents get deleted for inactivity.

For example if they have it set to delete torrents after 3 days of no activity on them...
Any snatch details for that same torrent would also be deleted at the same time.

TL keeps records this same manner I am speaking of based on what I am seeing.
Also SCC has a list but users cannot access it last time I checked.

Glaucon
01-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Also SCC has a list but users cannot access it last time I checked.

And they're probably not the only ones. I'm pretty certain most trackers record this somehow, the difference is only that some offer the ability to view these records to their members and the others don't.

Pwner101
01-11-2012, 05:51 PM
You can pretty much assume any site that gives you hit and runs or forced ratio requirements on torrents has snatchlists.

If they dont require the above and you don't see any links to view your snatchlist its pretty much a guessing game if they really do or not.

graphicsgail
01-13-2012, 08:18 PM
why would they choose not to keep a record