PDA

View Full Version : TvTorrents.org switching from torrents to F2F

cindy25
01-13-2012, 05:24 AM
the following message was on the TvTz website

TvTz is moving on ...
First, let's get some rumors out of the way. No, we weren't hacked or taken down.

Running a site like TvTz is a constant cat and mouse game. You have to use lots of security layers in between you and the site. It takes its toll let me tell you that. You plant disinformation and lies all over the place to avoid being pinned down by profilers. People are constantly trying to figure out who you really are, by adding together your answers to seemingly small and unrelated questions. They remember what you answer, so you better have prepared your lies in advance and memorized them. For most this is not that big of a deal, some don't even try to hide at all. In my case I have loved ones that would suffer a lot if this was ever pinned on me, so I lied my ass off. My deepest apologies for that!

So what happened then? Well, there was an incident at the front-end of our setup, and normally it would have just been replaced within a day or so, but this time it felt different. I realized I was tired of hiding and lying. It was time for a change. Unfortunately this all took place while I had a personal incident in the family, which delayed this message. I apologize for that as well!

TvTz is a fantastic community and now is the time for us to move on to a new technology. Something that uses a decentralized setup (meaning no central server). There are plenty of systems to choose from, and after doing some heavy investigating for a while we've picked RetroShare as our new platform. It's far from finished but it has come a long way already, and we expect it to continue to grow in the future. It's a F2F system (friend-to-friend) and you can read more about it here.

We really hope to see as many of you as possible on our new path towards our original goal. It will be a fun journey!

Whatever you decide, I want to thank you all for your dedication! And staff, this could absolutely not have been done without you! You are simply fantastic! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

I want to end this final statement with a special quote from our founder PurpleHaze, whose legacy this whole community was really built around:

Be nice! It's so much more fun that way! file:///C:/DOCUME~1/Owner/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.gif

It was never possible to donate to TvTz. Instead we were encouraged to donate to our favorite charity instead. Feel free to continue to do so!

Want to talk or get some help with the new platform? Come visit us on IRC,
server: irc.eu.freequest.net, channel: #tvtorrentz (Webchat IRC)

Thank you all for everything! Take care and see you all out there

Sincerely yours,

zebulon

(This page will only be available for a few days. Please help spread the word!)

temisturk
01-13-2012, 10:20 AM
Friend to Friend networks will never prosper in worlds where the majority of people have significantly less upload bandwidth than download bandwidth.

marrow
01-13-2012, 11:55 AM
:( is all i can say

Emtorro
01-15-2012, 12:44 PM

stealther23
01-15-2012, 02:34 PM
More on this news from BTN

This week we told of the closure as a Bittorrent tracker of TvTorrentz [TvTorrentz.org [TvTz]: R.I.P.], TV specialized, we told of the alternatives (BMTV, TvT.ro, TvT and BTN) and now the last one just make an official offer to all old TvTz members seeking for a new home, here's the announcement:

Myself and the rest of BTN staff were saddened to hear about another great TV tracker closing recently. It's never a good thing when a tracker closes down, we are all working towards the same goals and setbacks such as this affect us all.
Obviously the harshest and most immediate effect will be on those who were members of TvTz and now face the daunting prospect of finding another tracker to call home that can bring them quality TV releases. That's why we at BTN are offering refuge to these people. If you were a member of TvTz and would like to become a member of BTN or talk about the tracker and TvTz, all you have to do is come to our IRC network on irc.omgwtfhax.net and join #BTN-TvTz-Refuge
We look forward to welcoming you to our community.

So if you were a TvTz member go to the IRC channel already mentioned and you may find a new TV home in BTN, a Gazelle based ratiofree TV tracker probably the best around. don't miss the opportunity.

IdolEyes787
01-15-2012, 06:39 PM
:( is all i can say

Must be hard to order takeout then.

dvnc69
01-22-2012, 07:45 AM
RIP TvTz

ZANKAR
01-22-2012, 09:21 PM
TVT was really a great tracker, more over the staffs were really helpful, I consider This to be one of the serious loss after SCT.

Though they are moving on to F2F,

My prefered means is torrents and wares and irc, others i hardly use or i hardly know how to use it,

McLovin
01-26-2012, 07:02 AM
yeah.. this sucks.. and kinda pisses me off even though I shouldn't really be.

marrow
01-26-2012, 11:50 AM
More on this news from BTN

This week we told of the closure as a Bittorrent tracker of TvTorrentz [TvTorrentz.org [TvTz]: R.I.P.], TV specialized, we told of the alternatives (BMTV, TvT.ro, TvT and BTN) and now the last one just make an official offer to all old TvTz members seeking for a new home, here's the announcement:

Myself and the rest of BTN staff were saddened to hear about another great TV tracker closing recently. It's never a good thing when a tracker closes down, we are all working towards the same goals and setbacks such as this affect us all.
Obviously the harshest and most immediate effect will be on those who were members of TvTz and now face the daunting prospect of finding another tracker to call home that can bring them quality TV releases. That's why we at BTN are offering refuge to these people. If you were a member of TvTz and would like to become a member of BTN or talk about the tracker and TvTz, all you have to do is come to our IRC network on irc.omgwtfhax.net and join #BTN-TvTz-Refuge
We look forward to welcoming you to our community.

So if you were a TvTz member go to the IRC channel already mentioned and you may find a new TV home in BTN, a Gazelle based ratiofree TV tracker probably the best around. don't miss the opportunity.

Cool but im a noob on iRC :(

anon
01-26-2012, 05:40 PM
/nick your_name_here
/server irc.omgwtfhax.net
(Then you wait for it to connect)
/join #BTN-TvTz-Refuge

I believe that's all you need to know. :)

marrow
01-26-2012, 11:22 PM
/nick your_name_here
/server irc.omgwtfhax.net
(Then you wait for it to connect)
/join #BTN-TvTz-Refuge

I believe that's all you need to know. :)

thanks so much it worked :)