PDA

View Full Version : Hangover Cure

LostinT
01-14-2012, 12:38 PM
Many people seem to have ideas, as to what is ideal for a hangover cure. Drinking more alcohol in the morning doesn't quite work being the guinea pig of such repetitive experiments :ermm:, and I gave up on Google.

Funkin'
01-14-2012, 12:55 PM
Try some Midol if you have it laying around. Not only will it relieve of your headache but it will help you with cramps caused by menstruation.

But like you mentioned, drinking more alcohol is the best remedy I've found. I usually don't drink enough to get plastered all over again, but just enough to get a nice little buzz that makes me feel all better. Smoke a little pot along with it and you'll be good to go.

teflon05
01-14-2012, 01:04 PM
There is not really any "cure" for a hangover, but there are a few things you can do to lessen the symptoms. Taking certain vitamins (like B12) when you wake up, or even before you start drinking, can help a lot. Or, don't consume alcohol at all & stick to weed & you won't have to worry about it:cool:

LostinT
01-14-2012, 02:13 PM
Posh coffee, why does anybody drink this shit in small mugs. Seriously a pint glass is so much better and it saves you getting up off your fat ass again to make another. I'll move the microwave into the living room.

Funkin'
01-14-2012, 04:14 PM
That's fucking hilarious.

Hann1bal
01-14-2012, 04:22 PM
I drink alot of water and that seems to cure me

JebusAT
01-14-2012, 04:43 PM
Best "cure" I've found thus far - after many...many years of experimenting in Pedialyte. You are hung over because your brain is dehydrated...this stuff works...and it tastes good lol. Chug two or three bottles...good to go!

peat moss
01-14-2012, 04:52 PM
Beer and calmato juice , works every time . Makes me think of that old Rat Pack quote , " I worry about people that don't drink , when they wake up in the morning that's the best their going to feel all day " or something like that . Always made me smile .

Dean Martin or Frank Sinatra , hey maybe Sammy Davis JR ?

peat moss
01-14-2012, 05:29 PM
Drinking alone is not good .That said , Vodka goes with everything , water , any fruit drink , tomato juice or pop . Congrads on the quit smoking try , but last thing I'd do is drink when trying to quit smoking .

100%
01-14-2012, 07:25 PM
I crawl to my local thai restaurant and order a cheap miso soup.
Do not talk to me while i am in this process.

IdolEyes787
01-15-2012, 12:03 AM
I have found that time generally cures most anything.

I actually had a roommate at university that slept for a day and half after any exceptionally epic drunk in hope of avoiding the aftereffects.At least that's what you told everyone I kinda believe he was just really,really lazy.:mellow:

Btw that was a Sinatra quote Dean Martin said "You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on."

bigjoe1975
01-27-2012, 09:47 PM
That's why I don't drink beer anymore. I just stick to liquor and never get hangovers.

Funkin'
01-27-2012, 10:33 PM
That's why I don't drink beer anymore. I just stick to liquor and never get hangovers.

Then you're not drinking enough. I don't care if it's beer, wine, or booze, if you drink enough of it you're going to be hungover.

Artemis
01-27-2012, 11:41 PM

Your kidding right ? There is MORE ethanol in top shelf liquor than in beer, so you are going to suffer MORE effects from ethanol if you drink copious amounts of it, unless you are a creampuff and are only drinking moderately. Take it from someone who is missing some significant bits of a few different days, liquor is going to FUBAH you waaaaay more than beer could ever hope to.

ziggyjuarez
02-03-2012, 04:31 AM
Drink 8oz before drinking.

Kaleidoscope
02-03-2012, 05:29 AM
IV drip of saline solution.

Artemis
02-03-2012, 07:14 AM

Personally I'll take the dull ache and blurred vision rather than play lawn darts with myself while still having said hangover :yikes:

weenden
02-03-2012, 04:19 PM
try some sports drink to get you hydrated for one and to replace electolytes also try to eat a little bit of food not chocolate though

Snee
02-03-2012, 05:23 PM
I have found that time generally cures most anything.

I actually had a roommate at university that slept for a day and half after any exceptionally epic drunk in hope of avoiding the aftereffects.At least that's what you told everyone I kinda believe he was just really,really lazy.:mellow:

Your roomate was an idiot, tbh. All that gets someone is dehydrated and hungry to the point of nausea, with a bastard of a headache.

What actually works, sort of, is walking it off. By which I mean staying awake and moving around until it's mostly out of your system. Having a few sips of water now and then while you're doing it is required, though. Also, there'll be a short period where the hangover hits, but it won't be nearly as bad is if it had been if you'd been lying still, asleep.

weenden
02-04-2012, 01:28 PM
also with the sports drink eat a banana it will put back potasium in your system to help you out

hungrylilboy
02-04-2012, 02:15 PM

look like chinese to me

policefan99
02-04-2012, 11:16 PM

Love miso soup...2nd this one

soady
02-07-2012, 07:17 AM
As much as i disagree with adverts etc a combination of coca cola and some hot chips eaten slowly works.

TonySpectacula
02-07-2012, 02:58 PM

This is actually totally correct. You are dehydrated and stripped of sodium. Throwing a liter bag on is the quickest solution. Alternatively, burrito + coffee + a quart or two of water, followed up by a bloody mary or two is ideal (bloody mary application is optional, depending on the brunchness of the situation).