PDA

View Full Version : Django Unchained or Another Thread to Ignore

IdolEyes787
01-18-2012, 05:58 PM
So I read the script for Quentin Tarantino's upcoming film Django Unchained (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1853728/) and I have a hard time believing that DiCaprio signed onto it without a family member held hostage or gun being held to his head or that a film studio considers something with a slave freeing German bounty hunter named Dr. King Schultz (what wit:mellow:)as a thing to be taken seriously.
Anyway Tarantino has always flown in the face of convention but a homage to Mandingo has to set the bar for stupid ideas.I can only suppose that the whole thing is suppose to be some edgy yukfest that I lack the coolness to get so basically Inglourious Basterds with more racism.

Also I am so over his required inclusion of fashionable has-beens in key roles that it isn't funny.I might be wrong but these past their prime actors are has-beens specifically because no one is really interested in seeing them anymore.
Oh course the same could be said of Jamie Foxx and he's still gets work.

mjmacky
01-18-2012, 06:35 PM
Anything to do with Sukiyaki Western Django, like perhaps a sequel?

IdolEyes787
01-18-2012, 10:06 PM
Anything to do with Sukiyaki Western Django.......

They are both movies.

They are both movies starring minorities as opposed to your preferred type of film which star minors.

Other than that I suppose Tarantino couldn't come up with an appropriately period name for a Black person as "Coffey" wouldn't work and Ordell he already used so he stole Django from that movie who in turn stole it from this (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060315/). Black,Asian ,Mexican ,Italian who really cares as long as it's sounds ethnic and makes as little sense as possible.

mjmacky
01-18-2012, 11:02 PM
as opposed to your preferred type of film which star minors.

That's live action theatre, not film.

Other than that I suppose Tarantino couldn't come up with an appropriately period name for a Black person as "Coffey" wouldn't work and Ordell he already used so he stole Django from that movie who in turn stole it from this (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060315/).

I think I was just forgetting that Tarantino only acted in Sukiyaki and had nothing to do with the production or writing.

Anyways, this is what we seem to be getting to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vule3jSpAc0

IdolEyes787
01-19-2012, 12:38 AM
I would happily pay $10.50 to see a movie that featured everybody vs. everybody.More if it was in 3D.

OK maybe not with Adam Sandler.

You know Johnny Depp could have made a movie based on his blind gunslinger from Once Upon a Time in Mexico but made The Tourist instead .:mellow:

Also why is it called a Mexican standoff even though Mexicans are hardly ever involved?

mjmacky
01-19-2012, 01:33 AM
I would happily pay $10.50 to see a movie that featured everybody vs. everybody.More if it was in 3D.

OK maybe not with Adam Sandler.

You know Johnny Depp could have made a movie based on his blind gunslinger from Once Upon a Time in Mexico but made The Tourist instead .:mellow:

Bad news, that was the whole thing and not just the trailer. Or maybe that's good news, guess it depends.

Also why is it called a Mexican standoff even though Mexicans are hardly ever involved?

I'm sorry Wikipedia is down for you today, but if you start slamming Escape button the instant the page loads, you'll still be able to read it. It's obviously 100 % legitimate since it's on Wikipedia, and they say to ask Australia since Cambridge says it originated there. But I'm guessing it's just veiled racism.

IdolEyes787
01-19-2012, 12:01 PM
Bad news, that was the whole thing and not just the trailer. Or maybe that's good news, guess it depends.

At least until the inevitable unrated director's cut.
Btw I was lied to as in fact not everybody was in that clip.I looked long and hard for Louis but :(

mjmacky
01-19-2012, 12:19 PM
At least until the inevitable unrated director's cut.
Btw I was lied to as in fact not everybody was in that clip.I looked long and hard for Louis but :(

Yeah, I know the one you're talking about... his Mexican Standoff with Dane Cook.

IdolEyes787
01-19-2012, 07:09 PM
Dane Cook, I don't think there has been a comedian that went faster from people loving to people hating since Andrew Dice Clay. Most like Mike Myers or Jim Carey take years for that to happen or they simply tumble into irrelevance like Joe Piscopo.