PDA

View Full Version : What has really happened to Pop music?

Adster
01-20-2012, 01:27 AM
what has really happened to it the past 10 years? when did it start to go wrong? I may have a theory once we turn 21 that is it we can't take anymore of it

Think about it those in their 60s grew up on the beatles in the 60s they can't listen to music later then the 80s or 90s

take a lot of the complete shit that's out now, it's some stupid artist that name themselves after a fucking internet abriviation, they are always featuring some other artist in their song for 30 seconds so they get credited usually some rap artist raving on about some bullshit. eveyone seems to use the stupid Cher effect know now as 'auto tune' to sound like they are underwater, and to go with it some stupid dance beat crap made from a digital computer, no one actually playing insturments and learning Music./

Where has it all gone wrong?? will Pop music ever recover?

Alt Music even has it's problems where all the guitars are just 5th power chords, hell we never hear guitar solos anymore unless it's good Heavy metal.

It must be a generation thing becasue people aged today 1 to 21 buy this shit but not the other stuff.

stan
01-20-2012, 06:40 AM
You got old. :lol:

Same as me.

mjmacky
01-20-2012, 11:28 AM
what has really happened to it the past 10 years? when did it start to go wrong? I may have a theory once we turn 21 that is it we can't take anymore of it

Think about it those in their 60s grew up on the beatles in the 60s they can't listen to music later then the 80s or 90s

take a lot of the complete shit that's out now, it's some stupid artist that name themselves after a fucking internet abriviation, they are always featuring some other artist in their song for 30 seconds so they get credited usually some rap artist raving on about some bullshit. eveyone seems to use the stupid Cher effect know now as 'auto tune' to sound like they are underwater, and to go with it some stupid dance beat crap made from a digital computer, no one actually playing insturments and learning Music./

Alt Music even has it's problems where all the guitars are just 5th power chords, hell we never hear guitar solos anymore unless it's good Heavy metal.

It must be a generation thing becasue people aged today 1 to 21 buy this shit but not the other stuff.

That's only because you haven't invested yourself into the complexity of drum and bass.

TheMet
01-25-2012, 04:27 PM
I don't think it's about getting old at all, I can still enjoy Micheal Jackson immensely after 15 years of my introduction to him. I really think it's got something to do with what's produced these days.

soady
02-07-2012, 12:58 AM
It ate itself?
and it's all about the kids. If you enjoy MJ more than today's stuff your over the hill sorry.

mjmacky
02-07-2012, 01:06 AM
It ate itself?
and it's all about the kids. If you enjoy MJ more than today's stuff your over the hill sorry.

I'm MJ

zot
02-07-2012, 05:34 AM
It seems that people have been making similar observations about the record industry and current "popular" music since at least the Jazz Age.

soady
02-07-2012, 05:48 AM
It ate itself?

I'm MJ

:) hey MJ

john4475
02-10-2012, 10:43 AM
American idol started,Being in the uk we have to suffer so much with all our crap winners of reality shows who gets a number
one with a cover of a famous song, then after that they fade deeper into obscurity, and justin Bieber came along

NewAge
02-16-2012, 05:23 PM
I think that not only pop music but overall music industry lost quality. I don't like inclusion of Rap and RnB in modern Pop music. Hence I am staying away from listening Pop music nowadays.

panoramic
03-08-2012, 03:52 PM
There are many variations of pop music nowadays. Try searching for other sources other than the mainstream media. You just got to find the kind that suits your interests. Don't give up on pop music!

IdolEyes787
03-08-2012, 08:45 PM
This song killed it.True story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HaAOCGb3bw

megabyteme
03-09-2012, 06:00 PM
/thread

Now, let's find out what happened to the radio star...

mjmacky
03-09-2012, 07:39 PM
/thread

It was tuberculosis.

IdolEyes787
03-09-2012, 07:48 PM
/thread

Drive by.

megabyteme
03-10-2012, 05:53 AM
I'm sorry, you are both wrong. The correct answer we were looking for was "ham sandwich". :mellow:

IdolEyes787
03-10-2012, 01:03 PM
Mama Cass was never that big a star.

megabyteme
03-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Mama Cass was never that big a star.

The important things to remember here:

1. My answer was funnier than either yours or Macky's.
2. You are both losers.

IdolEyes787
03-10-2012, 06:10 PM
I really have to partially disagree as your answer wasn't funnier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsBsBU3vn6M

If a plane had had the decency to fall on the set there would be no need for this discussion.:(

megabyteme
03-10-2012, 11:09 PM
I really have to partially disagree as your answer wasn't funnier.

[Shitty Irritating Video]

If a plane had had the decency to fall on the set there would be no need for this discussion.:(

Speaking of which, VERY much looking forward to seeing God Bless America even more now. Thanks for this. :dry:

mjmacky
03-11-2012, 05:01 AM
1. My answer was funnier than either yours or Macky's.
2. You are both losers.

I beg to differ on the first point, as nothing is funnier than tuberculosis.

On the second point, I will concede to that point only if Idol is certainly a loser. I will share my destiny with him.

I think I meant fate, but I'm a bit randy tonight.

patty
04-06-2012, 06:40 AM
Yes you are right that pop music is not like as in the old days but i too like the hip hop music .

gon69
04-27-2012, 09:19 PM
Pop music got popped by lameness

cliffwill88
04-28-2012, 08:36 AM
Music had changed alright, but i think their primary target nowadays were the teenies, and i dont think they would all love the songs we used to love during our former years,,, they got their own taste in music, so are we..

WearAngels
07-24-2012, 05:21 PM
Me too , i do really love to listen to the music of MJ .

clearwater
07-01-2013, 04:33 AM

You're right- while Jack Johnston and Pete Murray, etc, tapped a little into a kinder, more gentle acoustic melodic style and attracted those 1 to 21's you mention, there was still no improvisation in what they produced.
The advent of the "drum machine" came at the same time as the rise in popularity of dull, predictable power chords, which have no minor's or 7th's and without heavy distortion sound of pretty much nothing. ..punk and grunge grew from that, producing music to inject by while comparing your tats, and most kids today playing guitar now could not improvise a solo in a million years.
So, what happened to pop music? Power chords and electronic drumming, bland and predictable song structures, and the fact that improvisation as a bright, varied and intergral part of live performance is lacking, for the first time since Mozart.

putul54
07-08-2013, 03:07 PM
I like pop music very much and I think that not only pop music but overall music industry lost quality.

yoyoman123
11-14-2013, 01:51 PM
It happens to everyone regardless of generation. I started listening to more songs and i started noticing more and more the pop sound in pop music. I got sick of hearing the same sound so i started appreciating the more complex and different sounding sounds. Also unlike before where i only listened to songs for their sound, i started to appreciate songs by their lyrics as i got deeper involved with music. So in my mind there's nothing wrong with pop music, it's just what the general consumers who don't listen to much music like.