PDA

View Full Version : Critically Evaluate the last movie you saw.

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Stehle
07-05-2014, 11:41 PM
As far as rain goes for the "Noah" disaster this may make the movie a little more bearable for me...

Well, the green 28oz enema concept will change how I think of rappers referring to "making it 'rain' " on strippers...

Hahahahahhaahaa!:lol:

(Now I'm crying green tears of joy! Made my day! ...thanks Meg for that visual insight!) :alien:

(Okay, screw it, tomorrow is Sunday anyway... perhaps a mild hallucinogenic will make it... well... a "different" movie all together.) :w00t: :alien:

IdolEyes787
07-06-2014, 01:21 AM
Stop at Nothing: The Lance Armstrong Story (2014) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3511812/)

An almost Shakespearean story of the destructive power of greed.

I would recommend it highly if I thought for a second that anyone on this site would watch it.

megabyteme
07-06-2014, 02:22 AM
Stop at Nothing: The Lance Armstrong Story (2014) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3511812/)

An almost Shakespearean story of the destructive power of greed.

I would recommend it highly if I thought for a second that anyone on this site would watch it.

I watched it today. Once you see footage of him before taking the numerous drugs and sucking wind, then see him sprint uphill while talking on his headset, it is hard to be impressed with his career. The destruction he caused to everyone around him is also a surprise to those of us who really saw him as just a kind-hearted guy on a bike.

Looking back, getting both testicular and brain cancer in his early 20s should have been a clue as to his steroid use. :pinch:

Rart
07-06-2014, 06:09 AM
I was dragged into watching Transformers 4.

I wanted to shoot myself during the movie.

I'm sorry I can't critique the plot more than that, there really wasn't one in the first place.

mjmacky
07-06-2014, 06:48 PM
I was dragged into watching Transformers 4.

Probably a lie.

Also, I believe you were wanting to shoot yourself when you couldn't wrap your head around a commodity, thus your critique was still too vague.

I'll elaborate, anyone who sits through an entire viewing of a movie that was self-evident shit can only blame themselves. I would have bought a gun and shot all my friends before ever watching Noah or Transformers 3, 4, 5, 6 movies. Then, having realized I just abandoned one of my principles, I would have raped a baby, then shot myself in the brain stem while I was still inside the infant. The only note I would have left behind is "I <3 Michael Bay, so I decided to explode inside this baby".

Rart
07-06-2014, 07:05 PM
Probably a lie.

Ok. I'm not going to waste time trying to prove otherwise as I don't see the point, but please continue to make aloof assumptions about other people while not contributing in anyway yourself if it makes you feel better.

Also, I believe you were wanting to shoot yourself when you couldn't wrap your head around a commodity, thus your critique was still too vague.

No, I don't think I mentioned anything even close to that. I do seem to recall that all you would do is post vague links and assume superiority in that your argument is always correct without really elaborating. When you finally decided that you would elaborate on your argument, you never posted again. If you want to continue the debate I'd be glad to do so, I'm still waiting.

(I saw this after posting)

I'll elaborate, anyone who sits through an entire viewing of a movie that was self-evident shit can only blame themselves.

:idunno:

I valued spending time with my friends over the critical validity of the movie.

mjmacky
07-06-2014, 07:29 PM
Ok. I'm not going to waste time trying to prove otherwise as I don't see the point, but please continue to make aloof assumptions about other people while not contributing in anyway yourself if it makes you feel better.

A legless IRS accountant/hall monitor/self-proclaimed mp3 encoding master just passed me note. Let's see what it says... OK. He thinks you're lame.

No, I don't think I mentioned anything even close to that. I do seem to recall that all you would do is post vague links and assume superiority in that your argument is always correct without really elaborating. When you finally decided that you would elaborate on your argument, you never posted again. If you want to continue the debate I'd be glad to do so, I'm still waiting.

I may have taken a permanent reprieve, or I may have posted things that you simply didn't bother to read. In either case, I remember that you were either not willing or not capable of comprehending. I haven't chased my tail since I was a pup. No, wait, I haven't chased my tail since I was a kitten. Don't take my condescending refusal of your invitation personally. I already work overtime educating yearning yearlings, and I have the sense of mind to not suck the heroin out of your veins and return it to the syringe. Don't put that on me, grasshopper.

I valued spending time with my friends over the critical validity of the movie.

Sounds like to me that you were so desperate or needing to please people that you're willing to hurt yourself.

Either that, or you've accepted that your best chance at a friendship circle is a group of halfwits or pubescent teens, in which case, is there really a difference?

Rart
07-06-2014, 08:18 PM
Don't take my condescending refusal of your invitation personally. I already work overtime educating yearning yearlings, and I have the sense of mind to not suck the heroin out of your veins and return it to the syringe. Don't put that on me, grasshopper.

That's fine. I wasn't holding it against you if you didn't want to continue it. It's just the fact that where you constantly bring up old topics (hardware thread, bitcoin) to somehow demonstrate your superiority when you contributed jack shit to the conversation yourself. It's easy to critique from the sidelines.

In either case, I remember that you were either not willing or not capable of comprehending.

That's funny, cause I remember most of the conversation going along the likes of me elaborating my point, and you either just stating the my argument was just flat out wrong, asking a vague abstract question, or linking a massive article with no context. I guess we have different definitions of "willing or capable of comprehending".

Sounds like to me that you were so desperate or needing to please people that you're willing to hurt yourself.

Either that, or you've accepted that your best chance at a friendship circle is a group of halfwits or pubescent teens, in which case, is there really a difference?

I had more fun spending the time with my friends than how much I didn't enjoy the movie. Anyone that thinks they can only find friends that share every single interest with them is going to be pretty lonely. But sure, please continue judging me and critiquing how I live my life.

megabyteme
07-06-2014, 09:14 PM
But sure, please continue judging me and critiquing how I live my life.

I'll defend you, Rart. :console:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIOH8Trfas4&amp;feature=kp

mjmacky
07-07-2014, 01:27 AM
I had more fun spending the time with my friends than how much I didn't enjoy the movie. Anyone that thinks they can only find friends that share every single interest with them is going to be pretty lonely. But sure, please continue judging me and critiquing how I live my life.

I didn't doubt that you enjoyed your time with them. I mean, I can picture your pleasure. A big explosion happens on screen; your halfwit pubescent friend's face lights up with unadulterated glee, and you steal a paused glance. Not too long though, you don't want to freak anybody out. Lucky for you, the explosion lasted a good 5 seconds before the scene shifted to a shot of an actor's face. Having spotted that out of the corner of your eye, you faced forward again. Your friend, who just realized that they were experiencing a sense of being watched, looks over to check, but is instead left with doubt after missing the opportunity for confirmation. You know, however, that during those 5 seconds, they were yours, all yours. Every wrinkle, dimple, and curved outline belonged to you, in that moment, when you fully appreciated that they would have there with them to claim it.

I, on the other hand, judge character pretty critically. I wouldn't have a friend that invites me to see the 4th Transformers movie. There might be an acquaintance who could commit such a revealing faux pas, but then I'd hold it against them, and rather vocally. It's called filtering (or maybe distillation).

Now, I would say it's adorable that you thought it was some kind of debate, but it isn't, it isn't in any way adorable. I hold higher standards than that.

Rart
07-07-2014, 06:49 AM
Watched 22 Jump Street and was thoroughly surprised with how much I enjoyed it. I felt like 21 Jump Street was a decent movie at best, and given a lackluster trailer that made it seem like it was nearly identical to it's predecessor, I went in with pretty low expectations. It pretty much smashed all of them and turned out to be a thoroughly enjoyable movie from start to finish. It's not a brilliant Oscar worthy contender, but for a light comedy I thought it was excellent.

Also the movie is littered with lines having a homoerotic overtone, so I'm sure Idol would thoroughly enjoy it.

IdolEyes787
07-10-2014, 07:16 PM
So I watched Monuments Men and agree with the reviewer who said that it's ludicrous to set a movie during a war and then in place of the actual action have a bunch of old guys walk around doing basically nothing.
While the notion " empires rise and fall but what endures is art" may be a noble one it definitely needs a more focused and better paced movie attached to it.

Also two non-Americans in the squad and they both die but all the Yanks are fine.:dry:

dion09529
07-14-2014, 11:39 AM
Wrong Turn 2: Dead End (2007)

When I watch movies like ... guts, cuts, soup man, blood etc., I behave strangely; can't stop laughing. =))

IdolEyes787
07-14-2014, 12:24 PM
I'm missing the "critically evaluate" part.

dion09529
07-14-2014, 05:57 PM
Somebody stop this guy spamming over and over again.

on: Under the Skin is about a hot chick who's hiding under a black and ugly alien. A film that doesn't have a topic, just like Kim Kardashian stupid shows, this is a masterpiece of stupidity. You can't understand anything from this movie. It just doesn't get into any film print.... It's a self-contained floating island with its laws.

IdolEyes787
07-17-2014, 12:32 PM
I hate to question you're critical evaluation of the film but the guy from the New York Times gave it a 6.7.

Artemis
07-18-2014, 11:09 PM
I just watched The Maiden Heist: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1107860 . It was thoroughly enjoyable. Christopher Walken and William H. Macy have always had the ability to play truly quirky characters, and they absolutely shine in this respect in this movie, while Morgan Freeman plays a slightly odd straight man to the other two. This is a comedy heist movie with a twist, the protagonists aren't hardened career criminals, and the enjoyment and comedic moments of this movie are in the bungling and unplanned errors while trying to carry off a precisely planned heist. If you enjoy these three actors work then this movie is a treat just to see them playing off of each other.

To delve any further into the story would spoil so much of what this is about, but suffice to say it is well worth the watch if quirky is your thing!

Rart
07-22-2014, 06:23 PM
I watched Boyhood the other day.

What is it with Richard Linklater and everyone of his recent movies being basically exactly the same thing yet all of them getting rave reviews from the critics? Is this guy paying them or something? Or are the critics really that vulnerable to feel good sappy movies that only have the most minimal of substance behind them? The only other media I recall getting a 99% on Metacritic was Breaking Bad season 5, and I would really like to meet anybody that thinks these two are on the same level.

It's not a terrible movie by any stretch of the imagination. The concept of following actors for over 12 years to shoot the movie is pretty neat, and seeing as what they call it, "the actors growing up before your very eyes" is pretty cool. But that's all there really is to it. Once the novelty of it wears off and you dive into the meat of the movie, there really isn't much else to it. It's an extremely generic, cliched plot with a character that becomes quite cringeworthy near the end with how emo and abstract he gets.

Color me disappointed. A decent movie but that's it. Certainly not living up to the hype.

IdolEyes787
07-22-2014, 06:29 PM
Look up the word "pretentious" and then run away from anything remotely connected to that word in the future.:)

Also clearly there is something wrong with you if at 14 or whatever you are, you are watching Boyhood and not awesome stuff like Jackass.

megabyteme
07-22-2014, 07:07 PM
I read the idea behind Boyhood somewhere and thought it was a decent premise. Almost like a reality show contained in a movie. Did not grab it, but agree that the premise was worthy.

In contrast, though, we've got Emma Watson (she comes to mind for some reason :whistling ) who we've also had the chance see grow up during the Hairy Pooter series. The idea has been there, it just has not been put together in the same way.
-------------------------------
I grabbed a copy of Zero Theorem (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2333804/) the other night. Apparently, this is impossible as it won't be released for another month... :idunno:

I believe there has been a lot of anticipation from Gilliam fans on this. And with the cast of talented actors involved, it is worth the time to see them act. They each do an admirable job* and keep things going- even when you don't know where this show is going.

That said, the only shortcoming I found in the show is that there isn't enough of a WOW in the show's culmination to make the show's concept fully work. Make sure you pay very close attention to the audio as the credits roll!

Ultimately, I suggest this be a "to watch" filum. It really is not bad at all, just don't go in with expectations that you will be blown away from the existential nature.

*With the exception of Matt Damon, who phones in a "guest star role". the only thing I liked about him (not necessarily the character he plays) is that he reminded me of Alton Brown. Actually, AB would have made an AWESOME choice for the role, IMO.

piercerseth
07-25-2014, 09:50 AM
Watched Expendables 3. Enjoyed Snipes & Gibson's scene chewing. Otherwise utter shit. Luckily, it reminded me of this gem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OXwVxIN_kA My gf called me a baby for tearing up after this scene. Rourke's emoting in this utterly kills me. Whatever.

IdolEyes787
07-25-2014, 10:43 AM
It speaks infinitely to me of the "groups" that "release" movies that stuff like Expendables 3 and Transformers:AOE hit the internet hours after opening while worthwhile films that I actually want to watch sometimes never see the light of day.

Anyway not being gay I will watch E3 because Ronda Rousey's hot and I'm shallow and try to block out as much of the male bonding homo erotic overtones as I can.

megabyteme
07-25-2014, 12:45 PM
It speaks infinitely to me of the "groups" that "release" movies that stuff like Expendables 3 and Transformers:AOE hit the internet hours after opening while worthwhile films that I actually want to watch sometimes never see the light of day.

Obviously, someone from The Academy leaked this. Must have been submitted for "Most Homo Erotic Thriller Since Greco-Roman Wrestling" category. In theaters, they have designed a limited edition popcorn bucket that allows one "bro" to insert his penis through the bottom while the other(s) appear to only be sharing the snack.

italian_luv0x
07-28-2014, 04:41 PM
I watched Transformers 4. With Mark Whalburg.

I was really dissapointed in the scripting, making optimus prime want to kill humanoids when in all other movies her wanted to protect the humans at all costs and even goes so far as to sacrifice himself.

Please, don't make a #5, you're just going to make it worse.

How about making Gobots or He-Man... or sheera.. or something else way cool.

Just my 2 cents worth!

dion09529
08-03-2014, 06:22 PM
Divergent

This movie is a sort of summer camp rated 7,1 on IMDB due to the multiple teenagers at puberty who'd like to be trated as equals by adults and appreciated, maybe, just by the tipsy generation after 90's. I watched it thanks to Kate Winslet, I thought she made ​​the main role, not that kiddo. I prayed to end it sooner and I'll promise I'll read the plot first.

2/10

megabyteme
08-04-2014, 12:32 AM
Honestly liked Expendables 3. Sure, plenty of ways to pick it apart, but as a nonsensical shoot-em-up, it served its porpoise.

I give it 8/10 bullets for people who actually enjoy over-the-top action. The biggest downside comes from the protagonist team killing several hundred anonymous strangers, but flip the freak out when one of their own gets wounded. Yes, wounded.

IdolEyes787
08-13-2014, 07:22 PM
Honestly liked Expendables 3. Sure, plenty of ways to pick it apart, but as a nonsensical shoot-em-up, it served its porpoise.

I found it to be literally unwatchable.
Now before you scoff and accuse me of unrealistic expectations let me draw your attention to this review on IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/user/ur22635279/) and the horrible shit that he actually thought was good.

Anyways I'm merely commenting so I can talk about how there was/is talk of an all female version of the Expendables which hopefully won't turn out like thi (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3761034/)s.

Jesus Christ,Bridget Nielsen:sick:,not that anyone in that cast hasn't been hit very hard by the ugly stick.

megabyteme
08-13-2014, 08:43 PM
Anyways I'm merely commenting so I can talk about how there was/is talk of an all female version of the Expendables which hopefully won't turn out like thi (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3761034/)s.

Jesus Christ,Bridget Nielsen:sick:,not that anyone in that cast hasn't been hit very hard by the ugly stick.

Bridget Nielsen wasn't hot when she was in her "prime". Never got the appeal except potential ghey musclemen in denial. :idunno:

As for the Expendablettes, that sounds more frightening than all of the Krueger films put together. I think they already did that, it was called The Golden Girls.

megabyteme
08-15-2014, 11:10 AM
Come to think of it, an all female cast of "Expendables" in Hollywood would include any woman over the age of 30. :mellow:

megabyteme
08-16-2014, 07:09 AM
Just made my way through Lucy (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2872732/). The premise is that Scarlett Johansson gets a drug in her system which "unlocks" the potential of the human mind/body. Even setting aside the flawed notion that we only utilize 10% of our brains, the movie still stinks. SJ is always nice to look at, which made the 90-ish minutes bearable, but there are so many plot points that are cringe worthy that the whole thing becomes a waste. Any philosophical-ish points in the film can be seen in Her which was less action-packed, but a better overall carrier of the concepts.
As Idol would tell you, I have a decent tolerance for accepting movies for what they are. Heck, I even liked Expendables 3. This one doesn't even hold as much "respect" for the audience. Not quite as bad as Noah, but approaches it. Luc Besson wrote the thing, which surprised the heck out of me when I saw his name in the credits.

I must be wrong here because IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes give it a 6.3 and 63%, respectively. And it has grossed $101,348,300 (USA)(13 August 2014). :idunno:

Speedo
08-21-2014, 07:10 PM
Watched gravity http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1454468/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 because the concept seemed so cool but what I got what cool effects ruined by some out-of-real-shape ancient actors telling each other how beautifull they are and not knowing what eye colors their team mates in space was. If you can, watch some best-of video on youtube and spare your self of this crap. There is also technical bullshit in this film, like they would not add that to that because of weight, but you can read up on that if you care. Waste of fucking precious time.

IdolEyes787
08-21-2014, 08:38 PM
The average age of a shuttle crew is something like 47 with the oldest active mission member being 61 so forgoing that part of Clooney's character was that he was retiring and part of Bullock's character was that she had never really lived I have to say good point on the age thing,spastic.:mellow:

Speedo
08-21-2014, 11:30 PM
The average age of a shuttle crew is something like 47 with the oldest active mission member being 61 so forgoing that part of Clooney's character was that he was retiring and part of Bullock's character was that she had never really lived I have to say good point on the age thing,spastic.:mellow:

I have all the respect in the world for real astronauts that have to deal with space junk and micro meteors. I said "some out-of-real-shape ancient actors"

IdolEyes787
08-21-2014, 11:50 PM
So 50 is like the new 80 to retards?
Also and don't take this the wrong way but I'm certain Clooney could beat you in a fight and I'm reasonably sure Bullock could as well.

Anyway let us remake Gravity with The Rock and Michelle Rodriguez 'cause apparently then it will be better.

Speedo
08-22-2014, 12:41 AM
So 50 is like the new 80 to retards?
Also and don't take this the wrong way but I'm certain Clooney could beat you in a fight and I'm reasonably sure Bullock could as well.

Anyway let us remake Gravity with The Rock and Michelle Rodriguez 'cause apparently then it will be better.

You call me a retard defending the actors? And not at on point getting to the real obvious flaws about this movie?

The escape pod from the ISS has an airlock and a spacesuit (because you fucking need that) so she can get out there fighting the orbital debres field hitting her at a speed, faster than a bullet, that she can see in dark space, untangeling the "not to be open without air, like in fucking space" parachute with a wrench, that she almost looses and are really deployed with an explosive charge (like the fucking probe landing in the lake door), and is accumulating to a weight (added to the real deal weight) that would not make it to space in the first place with the shit thats in orbit?

yeah, son. I'm the retard.

Stehle
08-22-2014, 01:19 AM
Idol is prematurely gray ghey anyway, so I'm sure you will excuse him. :unsure:

megabyteme
08-22-2014, 02:24 AM

Space Mexican! :w00t:

Hi Stehl, will visit with you when I get back from picking my kids up. :)

Speedo
08-22-2014, 03:00 AM

out of all angels you could have taken, thats it? fuck!

megabyteme
08-22-2014, 04:47 AM

out of all angels you could have taken, thats it? fuck!

Are you implying Michelle Rodriguez is an angel, or confirming your stupidity?

Anyway, I was referring to one of the greatest South Park episodes ever.

http://i.imgur.com/wa0ktNa.jpg?1

piercerseth
08-22-2014, 06:11 AM
Anyway, I was referring to one of the greatest South Park episodes ever.

Taco flavored kisses for my Ben? Well in Michelle's case it's probably taco kisses on said "taco." Or so I've heard.

You call me a retard defending the actors? And not at on point getting to the real obvious flaws about this movie?

The escape pod from the ISS has an airlock and a spacesuit (because you fucking need that) so she can get out there fighting the orbital debres field hitting her at a speed, faster than a bullet, that she can see in dark space, untangeling the "not to be open without air, like in fucking space" parachute with a wrench, that she almost looses and are really deployed with an explosive charge (like the fucking probe landing in the lake door), and is accumulating to a weight (added to the real deal weight) that would not make it to space in the first place with the shit thats in orbit?

As it's his occupation and notoriety for being outspoken, Neil deGrasse Tyson gets a pass for whining about the lack of aspie-tier attention to detail. An anonymous bitching about perceived slights to his $10 guarantee of verisimilitude is something else. Relax Francis. You want realism, go rent The Right Stuff--enjoy the litany of cranky older white men and enemas.

EDIT: Play Primer for a girl (or guy) vs Back to the Future, see which gets you laid faster. Unless getting said partner to pass out from boredom is the goal. In which case utilize the former. You date-rapist :P Most visceral analogy I can muster.

IdolEyes787
08-22-2014, 12:04 PM

First as I've never been molested I'm pretty sure I couldn't be your son.As for your other points,that's probably why it's called Science Fiction and not Science Fact and why Gravity was nominated in the Best Drama and not the Best Documentary category at the Oscars.

Being a "drama" it's then open to something called dramatic/artistic license which apparently is why stuff like Star Wars:The Phantom Menace isn't better than it is was as they got the height of the Gungans all wrong.

In other space news,the only logic a story has to adhere to is it's own internal one,so that B results directly from A and just isn't thrown in there out of the blue black.

Stehle
08-22-2014, 04:04 PM
I just love it when you guys banter! Meg, piercerseth, Idol you all are masters! :)

(I still raise angels.) :alien:

IdolEyes787
08-22-2014, 05:11 PM
out of all angels you could have taken, thats it?

I thought she was a cute angel but that seems less than right.

Speedo
08-22-2014, 05:36 PM

First as I've never been molested I'm pretty sure I couldn't be your son.As for your other points,that's probably why it's called Science Fiction and not Science Fact and why Gravity was nominated in the Best Drama and not the Best Documentary category at the Oscars.

Being a "drama" it's then open to something called dramatic/artistic license which apparently is why stuff like Star Wars:The Phantom Menace isn't better than it is was as they got the height of the Gungans all wrong.

In other space news,the only logic a story has to adhere to is it's own internal one,so that B results directly from A and just isn't thrown in there out of the blue black.
we

megabyteme
08-22-2014, 07:05 PM
we

There, there. That's a good little bitch. Muzzled.

IdolEyes787
09-07-2014, 01:21 AM
The Legend of Hercules. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1043726/)

Almost defying logic as the bar for Hercules movies already being set so incredibly low,still manages to be the worst one ever.

An amalgamation of Gladiator,300 and Troy filtered through a (and God I wish I were making this up) Twilight lens (Hercules should never ever be moon-eyed (and again literally and again I wish I was making this up).
An embarrassment to anyone who has ever made a movie and that includes people filming stupid pet tricks on their iPhones.

In all honesty I don't know how anyone can make a movie this bad.
It really says something that it made me long for the simple stupidity of Lou Ferrigno's version (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3czCEgxDDM). It least in the '80's they had the good sense to market Hercules to teen boys and include tits.:mellow:

Stehle
09-14-2014, 11:04 PM
Edge of Tomorrow (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1631867/) ...a decent movie, well directed, unique story or plot line. Lots of scifi action!

Overall very entertaining! :)

(Really wanted Bill Paxton to say, "Game Over Man, GAME OVER!" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY) like he did in the "Aliens" movie for those who viewed it way back when.) :alien:

IdolEyes787
09-27-2014, 05:14 PM
Oddly given the state of things here at FST I can't seem to work up the enthusiasm to put any real effort into a "real" review so.......

Some City: A Dime to Keel Four

Going in I took for granted that it was going to be terrible and while it sort of was it happily wasn't anywhere near as bad as I feared.

The main negative besides the insistence for everyone of note having to speak in gravelly monotone presumably to effect film noir,was how God-awfully constructed the film was.

OK,nothing wrong with three stories tenuously connected but the one that could have been the best (and by a country mile) with Joseph Gordon-Levitt didn't really have a point and just sort of ended up filling space .
Other than that -9 points for having Josh Brolin as Dwight instead of Clive Owen. but +6 for Eva Green's phenomenal tits which I hope weren't CG enhanced or else someone's gonna pay or not and another minus for yet another film with strippers in which the strippers somehow don't strip and yet people who are the veritable scum of the Earth seem fine with it and don't riot and kill everyone in sight,

In summary I think overall that gives the film some number between 1 and 10.

megabyteme
09-27-2014, 09:21 PM
I watched Sim City: A Mime to Shill More the other night. I fell asleep at numerous times and wasn't really following the plot. Didn't notice Brolin was playing Clive Owen's character. Thought he was a new addition. If so, wasn't done as well.

Eva Green gets her tits out a lot. If more women were as perfect as she is, more women would show them off, too. Sadly, we live in dark times...

Agreed, worst strip club ever. One stripper who doesn't strip. Has bad attitude, and is distant/sulking while dancing. With the clientele in the place I'd at least expect a donkey show. FFS, if Sin City were in Canada, Nancy would be shooting ping pong balls in guys' drinks. :no:

I want to hate Brolin for the roles he's gotten in, but can't say I entirely do. I may even warm to him if he shows any range.

Marv's face looked different. Kinda like they had a different makeup artist who didn't actually see the first show and was going off a description. Bothered me.

I'll be more precise in my scoring and give it between a 3 and 7.

IdolEyes787
09-27-2014, 11:33 PM
That brought a smile to my face.I would have laughed but for the fact there was no actual human suffering involved.

megabyteme
09-27-2014, 11:51 PM
That brought a smile to my face.I would have laughed but for the fact there was no actual human suffering involved.

Something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/0atLKfN.gif

I'm a little frightened...

Stehle
09-28-2014, 02:20 AM
"Ping Pong" balls made my night Meg..... Thank you. :lol:

IdolEyes787
09-28-2014, 01:13 PM
I'm a little frightened...

How come if the term is "a little frightened" then the corresponding term isn't "a big frightened"?:unsure:

megabyteme
09-28-2014, 04:54 PM
I believe the corresponding term is simply to hand in your man card.

Stehle
09-28-2014, 11:12 PM
Yeah, but you must have one first. :whistling

Artemis
10-04-2014, 05:09 AM
Edge of Tomorrow (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1631867/) ...a decent movie, well directed, unique story or plot line. Lots of scifi action!

Overall very entertaining! :)

(Really wanted Bill Paxton to say, "Game Over Man, GAME OVER!" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY) like he did in the "Aliens" movie for those who viewed it way back when.) :alien:

I've read your review a few times Stehle and gone away going be nice, it was a good movie, be nice, it was a good movie and it's true it is a good move but a unique story.... honestly all the way through I was going this is Groundhog Day with big fuck off guns and armoured suits. The movie is a pastiche of a lot of other ideas and there is the all pervading feeling that you have seen it before.

There was also one massively gigantic plot hole at the start. The General thanks his advertising genius who has just given him thousands of new recruits by falsifying reports of him impersonating an officer and sending him to the front line as cannon fodder.... really....??????? Why exactly would he do that? embolism? :blink:

IdolEyes787
10-04-2014, 12:52 PM
The Equalizer (http://www.metacritic.com/movie/the-equalizer): More Charles Bronson with a little Michael Myers sprinkled in than Edward Woodward.

The movie starts out really well but falls victim to a severe case of the stupids about the time the main villain is introduced and steadily degenerates into the truly implausible by the end.

If the director had had the sense or restraint to keep things '"smaller" and if not realistic then in the same area code at least ( I'm not going to use the assault rifle of the thug that I just killed because using a garden implement seems a lot more sporting:mellow:) then he might have been onto something.

Anyway Denzel's OK if you can overlook the fact he already did pretty much the exact same thing in Man on Fire and Safe House so I'm assuming he and Liam Neeson are in some sort of contest as to who can play the same character in the most movies.

Didn't hate it but besides making me nostalgic for the original it left me feeling a little empty. As I didn't really give a review I'll quantify everything and give it a 4.5/10.

megabyteme
10-04-2014, 07:17 PM
Morgan Freeman would have been the better the better Equalizer- having come up on the Street...

IdolEyes787
10-04-2014, 07:46 PM
Morgan Freeman would have been the better the better Equalizer- having come up on the Street...Too Morgan Freemanish.

I think the role needed someone middle-aged and milquetoast on the outside but steel underneath.Who that is I have no idea ,De Niro of a few years ago and not so New Yorkish, could pull it off maybe.Either that or Clark Kent.He's real,right?
Denzel is always going to strike you as the man of action type and that works against the character( when Woodard showed up people were given to thinking it was practical joke or something until asses started getting kicked) but that is the very least of this movie's problems.

megabyteme
10-04-2014, 08:09 PM
I liked the Equalizer series. Much of its strength came from being protected by forces that were not available to "mere" civilians. When pressures were made, it was shown to these local-type criminals what pressure means.

There seems to be an element from the original that is somehow out-of-place.

Still intend to steal the shit out of the movie, just wish it could have maintaines some of its roots a little better...

Stehle
10-07-2014, 07:48 PM
...(Really wanted Bill Paxton to say, "Game Over Man, GAME OVER!" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY) like he did in the "Aliens" movie for those who viewed it way back when.) :alien:

I've read your review a few times Stehle and gone away going be nice, it was a good movie, be nice, it was a good movie and it's true it is a good move but a unique story.... honestly all the way through I was going this is Groundhog Day with big fuck off guns and armoured suits. The movie is a pastiche of a lot of other ideas and there is the all pervading feeling that you have seen it before.

There was also one massively gigantic plot hole at the start. The General thanks his advertising genius who has just given him thousands of new recruits by falsifying reports of him impersonating an officer and sending him to the front line as cannon fodder.... really....??????? Why exactly would he do that? embolism? :blink:

Yes, I do agree with many of your sentiments and I thank you for pointing them out. My critical evaluation was perhaps swayed by the entertainment value, (that I experienced) and the fact I hadn't heard Bill Paxton's statement from a previous movie, (running joke / catch phrase in my family since watching the "Aliens" movie). I am sorry I was so narrow minded in my evaluation and hope the members can excuse that narrow mindedness. :(

megabyteme
10-07-2014, 08:19 PM
My critical evaluation was perhaps swayed by the entertainment value, (that I experienced)

I'm with you on movies receiving extra leeway for entertainment value. Idol and I have gone rounds over this. Of course, he's about as much fun as a bag of wet cement.

Unfortunately, Cruise's version of Groundhog Day was about as charming. I simply could not care for the characters, nor their plight. Their deaths were repeatedly unemotional.

IdolEyes787
10-07-2014, 09:09 PM
My critical evaluation was perhaps swayed by the entertainment value, (that I experienced)

I'm with you on movies receiving extra leeway for entertainment value. Idol and I have gone rounds over this. Of course, he's about as much fun as a bag of wet cement.

You seemed to have missed the "critical " part of "critical evaluation". There's a big difference between liking something and seeing the true worth of something.If you don't believe me then just ask your children. :mellow:

Anyway I suggest you start a thread entitled "movies that are sort of shite but I still like them anyway :):):)" because I'm sure we all have seen more of those than we have the good ones.

Stehle
10-08-2014, 12:19 AM
I "believe" that was meant as a dark sort of humor or comic relief than graduating into his reluctance to lose forever his as of yet unrequited lady love.

megabyteme
10-08-2014, 01:15 AM
MEMBERS that are sort of shite but I still like them anyway :):):):

Idol

MyExclusiveCondo
10-14-2014, 07:46 AM
I Watched Annabelle. Well it is definitely scary enough for the faint-hearted like me!

IdolEyes787
10-14-2014, 12:57 PM
I Watched Annabelle. Well it is definitely scary enough for the faint-hearted like me!

You say that you're illiterate fainthearted so I'm going to need you to quantify things to get a better understanding exactly how scary it was.

Did you pee your pants 6 or more times? 3-5 times ? Less than 3 times?You did pee yourself but that is a regular occurrence and had nothing to do with the movie?

As always,thanking you in advance because apparently that's a thing.

Stehle
10-15-2014, 12:07 AM
WOW!.. I need to see that movie! :blink:

(Having urination problems now stating with my advance age... that movie may break that streak! (Pun Intended) ) :alien:

megabyteme
10-15-2014, 12:17 AM
WOW!.. I need to see that movie! :blink:

(Having urination problems now stating with my advance age... that movie may break that streak! (Pun Intended) ) :alien:

Nah, you are just too onboard with Florida's "conserve water" campaign. :drummer:

Stehle
10-15-2014, 04:24 PM
FYI... Tropical Fish (as most if not all fish), without watching scary movies swim in there own urine. :pinch:

(Feces too, but to dispel the misnomer there are NO species that actually eat it.) :alien:

megabyteme
10-15-2014, 04:35 PM
Like toddlers taking swimming lessons at the local YMCA...

IdolEyes787
10-15-2014, 07:44 PM
If you bathe instead of shower you are literally swimming in your own filth ..........only with bubbles.:)

The_Martinator
10-16-2014, 09:47 AM
Saw The Dark Knight Rises again. This was my second time as I haven't seen it in a while.

It still holds up pretty well. I do have a problem with Bane's voice. Not intimidating at all. That might have been the whole point (the give them a bit of hope BS), but I'm just not seeing it. Other than that very good. For a mainstream Hollywood flick.

megabyteme
10-17-2014, 10:52 PM
I found Stretch (2014) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2494280/) to be entertaining. It has a solid cast who play interesting characters. It is about a hard-luck limo driver who desperately needs to make a large sum of money before his shift ends.

Any kind of in-depth analysis stands to spoil some of the fun. The show has momentum, which many cannot pull off. It has been available for download for the past week. Grab it and enjoy the ride. :)

Stehle
10-18-2014, 12:12 AM
Thanks Meg... I will! :)

(I was looking this weekend to get the taste of "American Horror Story" out of my brain.) :alien:

megabyteme
10-18-2014, 01:56 AM

(I was looking this weekend to get the taste of "American Horror Story" out of my brain.) :alien:

Not sure what it is, but I'm just not "feeling it" with AHS Season 4.

IdolEyes787
10-18-2014, 12:34 PM

Not sure what it is, but I'm just not "feeling it" with AHS Season 4.

Ryan Murphy along with M Night Shyamalan trying to disprove the adage that even a broken clock is right twice a day.:mellow:

Anyway my thoughts on the show......

Grotesque doesn't equate to horror.Grotesque turns people away,horror draws them,willing or not, in .

Repeat after me, sex and violence,sex and violence,sex and violence.
Besides being a staple of almost every horror movie well,ever,sex sells.I'm pretty sure that only a flaming ghey such as Murphy would populate his show with leads like Jessica Lange,Kathy Bates(in a beard no less) ,Angela Bassett(penis optional) and Gabourey Sidibe and expect it to play to anybody except housewives and homosexuals like himself.

No balance.
Well there's the bad and the ugly but I seem to be missing the good.To care,people need someone to root for.If not a "good" guy then at least a charismatic villain.

I found Stretch (2014) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2494280/) to be entertaining. It has a solid cast who play interesting characters. It is about a hard-luck limo driver who desperately needs to make a large sum of money before his shift ends.

Any kind of in-depth analysis stands to spoil some of the fun. The show has momentum, which many cannot pull off. It has been available for download for the past week. Grab it and enjoy the ride. :)

Tempted as good cast/good if overused premise but strikes me ,especially from a guy like Carnahan,as being one of those overly busy stories where you have a bunch of unrealistic albeit colourful characters run around screaming a lot without ever actually doing anything of consequence so in the end you're left exhausted but empty.

IdolEyes787
12-25-2014, 01:55 PM
The Interview

Like watching a comedian do stand-up and sitting there with this silly grin on your face waiting for a punchline that never comes.One of those movies that you're fairly sure that they had a story but no actual script and just improvised most of the dialogue.

While not a horrible movie it is a relentlessly unfunny one and I defy anyone to show me one scene that was actually truly humourous.
It's also not "bold" or insightful as all of the targets are of the easiest variety possible.

On a side note I honestly think that the people who rated it so highly on IMDB should have their posting privileges revoked. There's entitlement to your own opinion and then there's blatant stupidity.

DeadPoet
12-25-2014, 03:42 PM
On a side note I honestly think that the people who rated it so highly on IMDB should have their posting privileges revoked. There's entitlement to your own opinion and then there's blatant stupidity.

4chan'ers trolled the rating.

megabyteme
12-31-2014, 11:13 PM
not going to give detailed critiques here, but will throw out a few of the movies I've seen lately that have been worth watching. Perhaps a couple will help entertain you as the new year rolls in. :) In descending order...

Book of life (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2262227/) Let me just say that this is one of the better movies I've seen as a whole this year. Look at the cast behind it. This movie deserves more recognition than it has received.

Fury (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2713180/) A big budget movie that delivers. I'm not a huge fan of war movies, but my hesitation towards this was not deserved.

The Drop (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1600196/) Worth the watch. I enjoyed the under-played characters performed by A-listers.

Miss Meadows (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3128900/) Katie Holmes shows that she can still sparkle even after posing as Cruise's beard for several years.

Son of a Gun (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2452200/) Brenton Thwaites takes the lead role in this with Ewan McGregor doing what he's been good at in previous movies.

Tusk (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3099498/) A quirky low-budget horror/comedy directed by Kevin Smith. Michael Parks' role makes it worth the watch.

Hope this helps you decide which shows to steal in the near future. Happy New Years!

IdolEyes787
01-01-2015, 01:21 PM
Cartoon.Last one I tried to watch was the universally praised Frozen and I couldn't even make it through five minutes of that.True story.

Been tempted as good War movies are really about friendship and courage more than guns and killing.

No thanks I get quite enough of low-lifes with no redeeming qualities here.

I make it a rule never to watch stuff containing the now haggard form of a formally nubile young woman I once had a crush on as it's too depressing.
Believe me this is quite limiting so I'd appreciate it if they would stop making movies with women over 30 in them.

See low-life comment.

Not unless in was the last movie on Earth and then I'd probably still do the judicious thing and kill myself first.

Btw this is obviously all based on wild speculation and personal prejudice so odds are it's accurate.:)

megabyteme
01-01-2015, 05:24 PM
If it helps, Frozen has been played over 2.7 brazillion times here, and I have not managed to sit through it all yet. Book of Life is FAR superior, IMO. In fact, I believe you will especially like the themes. Give it 30 minutes of your attention, and see if you don't keep watching.

IdolEyes787
01-01-2015, 05:38 PM
Does Tatum O'Neal's Carol Channing's Tatum Channing's Channing Tatum's character die?If not give it up,cartoon boy.

megabyteme
01-01-2015, 06:28 PM
One of the most gruesome deaths ever filmed in a cartoon. In fact, it is rumored the film was given an NC-17 rating prior to final editing... :O

I'd appreciate it if they would stop making movies with women over 30 in them.

But they play totally convincing teenagers. :yup:

IdolEyes787
01-02-2015, 12:49 AM

Fury (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2713180/) A big budget movie that delivers. I'm not a huge fan of war movies, but my hesitation towards this was not deserved.

OK so I watched Fury and while not a bad film it seemed to fall into the current trend of films with no real ending.I mean if basically your whole movie is a setup for this heroic last stand those fortunate to be left standing deserve some better closure.

Look I and presumably anyone old enough to realize that CoD isn't real realize that war is Hell so if that was the intent of the blank space where an epilogue should have gone then that was two hours wasted on telling everyone something they already knew.

Basically this was Band of Brothers in a tank but with less likable characters.So at least for me at least it was sort of pointless.
Personally I'd rather watch Audie Murphy in To Hell and Back because at least the lone guy on top of a tank improbably holding off an army while hokey is true.

megabyteme
01-02-2015, 04:43 AM
OK so I watched Fury and while not a bad film it seemed to fall into the current trend of films with no real ending.I mean if basically your whole movie is a setup for this heroic last stand those fortunate to be left standing deserve some better closure.

What? Didn't you see him ride off over a candy-sprinkled rainbow riding a unicorn? Obviously, you didn't watch all the way through the credits. :no:

IdolEyes787
01-02-2015, 01:14 PM
All I'm saying is if this were a novel it would be missing the last chapter or at least the last paragraph.

There's a saying that goes "It's not how you start but how you finish".After sitting through two hours of murder and mayhem I think the audience deserves a little better than to be left with just some vague sense of ennui.

Anyway as you know it's entertainment so I don't like downbeat.If I need to be depressed I'll watch the news or log onto FST.Only an idiot wants something other than to be left with a feeling of satisfaction.

mjmacky
01-02-2015, 01:29 PM
Boyhood was not as good as I was expecting it to be. I never got to see anyone's boyhood... what a fucking ripoff.

So, the story had a lot of scenes that very nearly paralleled my upbringing, but they in no way resonated with me, at least not the way Radio Flyer had done in the past. Maybe the magic is gone because I'm less impressionable, which means the world is only going to suck more. Yay.

megabyteme
01-02-2015, 03:12 PM
So, the story had a lot of scenes that very nearly paralleled my upbringing, but they in no way resonated with me, at least not the way Radio Flyer had done in the past.

Radio Flyer is a special story told in a very unique, touching way. I am teetering on seeing Boyhood, and will probably do so in the next couple of days.

Watched Poker Night (2014) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2548208/) last night. Had strong hopes for it during the first 1/3, but the method used to tell the story (which was initially strong) fell apart and got a bit tedious. I think a better editor on the project could have made a stronger show. Seems like they were trying too hard to create another Saw series, which wouldn't really work with the narration. Good cast of "B" actors who were not at fault, IMO. 5/10.

IdolEyes787
01-02-2015, 05:37 PM
So, the story had a lot of scenes that very nearly paralleled my upbringing, but they in no way resonated with me, at least not the way Radio Flyer had done in the past.

Radio Flyer is a special story told in a very unique, touching way. I am teetering on seeing Boyhood, and will probably do so in the next couple of days.

Award-wise it's cleaning up and stands a good chance of winning at least a couple Oscars which is a good indication that it's pompous drivel that artless industry types latch onto in the hopes of seeming less artless.:)

Anyway for what it's worth and because clearly I don't know what I'm talking about........

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1065073/criticreviews?ref_=tt_ov_rt

Btw this (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1065073/board/nest/237976240?p=1) is a fascinating insight into the human psyche where a bunch of people slag a guy while at the same time trying to say something like" if you haven't got anything good to say then don't say it".:unsure:

I guess opinions are wonderful just as long as they don't happen to differ from your own.

megabyteme
01-02-2015, 07:50 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1065073/criticreviews?ref_=tt_ov_rt

Wow, 100/100 Metacritic score. Guess we've learned that movie critics have a thing for young boys. :idunno:

mjmacky
01-03-2015, 09:07 AM
where a bunch of people slag a guy while at the same time trying to say something like" if you haven't got anything good to say then don't say it".:unsure:

I guess opinions are wonderful just as long as they don't happen to differ from your own.

and THAT, my friend, my pal, my SO, my soul mate, my secret Dildo Clause, is THE Internet.

You've never seen me commit such a capital offense before.

IdolEyes787
01-03-2015, 01:11 PM
I shall always be Spam Gamgee to your Dildo Baggins.

Yes I know that like life that technically that makes no sense. Someplace else I might even actually care.

and THAT, my friend, my pal, my SO, my soul mate, my secret Dildo Clause, is THE Internet.
That sort of herd mentality is what led to the demise of Frankenstein's monster.Something I still haven't forgiven the peasants for.
Why even to this day I can't pass someone carrying a torch without wanting to punch them.

mjmacky
01-04-2015, 12:20 PM
What about people with lighters?

IdolEyes787
01-04-2015, 01:09 PM
Yeah them too.I don't discriminate and that's why I'm better than most foreigners.

IdolEyes787
01-07-2015, 06:27 PM
I sort of watched The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies.I say "sort of" because overblown and given to taking itself so painfully seriously as it was it failed to really hold my attention and my mind kept drifting off.

I'm pretty sure somebody died and good triumphed over evil and all involved went home rich but other than that I'm fuzzy on the exact details.

I also watched American Sniper which was good if making up stuff as opposed to telling how things actually happened in a supposed biography is good and I'm pretty sure all politicians agree it is.:)

Anyway for anyone, that being no one who cares.
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jan/06/real-american-sniper-hate-filled-killer-why-patriots-calling-hero-chris-kyle

megabyteme
01-07-2015, 09:08 PM
American Sniper
I'm pretty sure somebody died and good triumphed over evil and all involved went home rich but other than that I'm fuzzy on the exact details.

Same ending, then.

Anyway, shallow fanaticism with gunplay. I'm in. :w00t:

IdolEyes787
01-07-2015, 09:48 PM
Then you'll love what just happened in France.

If I'm ever confronted by a hostile force I'd rather have it be some atheist with no country because apparently thinking your cause is just makes doing really terrible things a lot easier.

Actually American Sniper is a pretty good movie if a little unevenly paced but I guess that was sort of the point.Showing the sharp difference between Kyle's two realities although The Hurt Locker already did that sort of thing already and better .
The Hobbit on other hand could have been directed by Michael Bay and would have played basically the same.

That's code for it's basically a total piece of shit .Some of the big fight scenes are almost farcical how they just keep going on and on like the Black Knight in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.:mellow:

megabyteme
01-07-2015, 10:29 PM
What do you expect? 1 movie was stretched into 3. The battle scenes and piles of gold were all that really mattered in the last one. Getting you to watch the other two was the reason for the first 2.

megabyteme
01-10-2015, 08:43 AM
Whiplash (2014) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2582802/) . I loved this movie. It is a well-done drama of a talented, young drummer who is pushed to his limits by his teacher. Kind of like a dark version of Dead Poet's Society. For a drama about music (it is actually more about what it takes to become great), the story flows quickly. J.K. Simmons (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0799777/?ref_=tt_cl_t2) plays an AMAZING character as the hard-nose teacher. I don't believe I've sen such a convincingly played hard ass since R. Lee Ermey (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000388/) traumatized the young Marines in Full Metal Jacket.

See it, or miss out on one of the best filums of the year. Don't take my word for it:

Whiplash (2014 (http://www.imdb.com/year/2014/?ref_=tt_ov_inf))

107 min - Drama (http://www.imdb.com/genre/Drama?ref_=tt_ov_inf) | Music (http://www.imdb.com/genre/Music?ref_=tt_ov_inf) - 15 October 2014 (Philippines) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2582802/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ov_inf+)

-/10

Ratings: 8.7/10 from 20,605 users (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2582802/ratings?ref_=tt_ov_rt) Metascore: 88/100 (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2582802/criticreviews?ref_=tt_ov_rt)
Reviews: 107 user (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2582802/reviews?ref_=tt_ov_rt)| 216 critic (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2582802/externalreviews?ref_=tt_ov_rt)| 47 (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2582802/criticreviews?ref_=tt_ov_rt)from Metacritic.com (http://www.metacritic.com/)

-------------

In stark contrast, I finished watching 'Merkin Sniper last night. Not impressed. Would not have known Eastwood directed it, since his other movies have been far more engaging. This one left me cringing after Bradly Cooper (in an almost comically bad attempt at a Texas drawl) declared that " 'Merika is the GREATEST country on Earth" runs off to join the Navy SEALS in spite of not liking water.

More of a propaganda film for a decade+ old war nobody cares about anymore than entertainment. I give it about 5.5/10. Would not play it for a friend if we were bored and looking for something to watch.

Stehle
01-29-2015, 11:23 PM
In stark contrast, I finished watching 'Merkin Sniper last night. Not impressed. Would not have known Eastwood directed it, since his other movies have been far more engaging. This one left me cringing after Bradly Cooper (in an almost comically bad attempt at a Texas drawl) declared that " 'Merika is the GREATEST country on Earth" runs off to join the Navy SEALS in spite of not liking water.

More of a propaganda film for a decade+ old war nobody cares about anymore than entertainment. I give it about 5.5/10. Would not play it for a friend if we were bored and looking for something to watch.

Sorry, I cried at the end, but to each our own buddy. ;)

(...you know it just 'coulda been the pain that night.) :alien:

I sort of watched The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies.I say "sort of" because overblown and given to taking itself so painfully seriously as it was it failed to really hold my attention and my mind kept drifting off.

I also watched American Sniper which was good if making up stuff as opposed to telling how things actually happened in a supposed biography is good and I'm pretty sure all politicians agree it is.:)

Anyway for anyone, that being no one who cares....

Again I'd have to agree with Idol... I'm starting to get sick of elves too.

TOTALLY AGREE with that last statement... as I don't care either. :dry:

IdolEyes787
01-29-2015, 11:53 PM
Sorry, I cried at the end, but to each our own buddy. ;)

Want to read something really sad :( even though obviously you'd be nuts to want to?

Obviously the last part is directed towards MegOlegL.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2011/12/02/dog-killers-convicted-for-murdering-navy-seal-heros-beloved-companion/

Personally I would have stood back and let Luttrel kill those guys .Probably even would have smiled when he did it.

Stehle
03-06-2015, 01:11 AM
Exodus: Gods and Kings (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1528100/)

I fell asleep and Bale is no Heston. :(

(As critical as I can get right now, but I do remember the Red Sea parted before I nodded off.) :alien:

megabyteme
03-06-2015, 03:11 AM

I've only seen the preview for that, but could not get over how oddly cast Bale was for the part. Thought it was a parody/fan-made video at first. True story.

Stehle
03-07-2015, 02:01 AM

I've only seen the preview for that, but could not get over how oddly cast Bale was for the part. Thought it was a parody/fan-made video at first. True story.

Actually him playing off his step / half / weird makeup'd Egyptian so called brother "Ramesses" is a hoot, so you might be right. ;)

(...wait 'till you get to "The Plague of Boils"...and you'll see what I mean.) :alien:

megabyteme
03-07-2015, 05:06 AM
I'll give it a shot tonight for weirdness factor alone. :D

PS- My tight PM box is quivering with anticipation of your delivery.

Stehle
03-15-2015, 10:43 PM
Monsters: Dark Continent ...I had high hopes for this sequel, some great shots at first, but it went to shit fast... and stayed there in some incomprehensible nonsense that was ended with a scream. (It took me a second or two to know whether it came from me or this film.) :blink:

Fan's of the first... do yourself a favor and save a couple of hours... (wish I did)...and know it could have been done much, much better. :dry:

Stehle
04-08-2015, 06:48 PM
"Good Kill" as the name aptly applies your imagination may run to other blatant war or violent movies. Slow but endearing as many subplots including, but not limited to, mans inhumanity to man, lethal technology present today, moral dilemmas and a love story.

Ethan Hawke stars... half decent acting abounds. Las Vegas / Afghanistan (simulated) location cinematography provides sharp contrasts in this modern tale.

WARNING: If your against the use of drone (unmanned) aircraft in a war scenario DON'T watch this film. If you belive there are real cold idiots in that alphabet soup we call "The Government" DO watch it and always remember it's just a movie. (Watching the last 5 minutes of the film may explain the fiirst 93 minutes)

shaina
04-08-2015, 09:12 PM

They banned this movie In some countries , because they casted white people wearing make-up , instead of real tanned white people.

Stehle
04-08-2015, 11:35 PM

They banned this movie In some countries , because they casted white people wearing make-up , instead of real tanned white people.

Yeah, and I even bet that didn't help sell any tickets. Even for FREE that was some of the worst shite I've seen on TV lately. :(

megabyteme
04-09-2015, 03:05 AM

Yeah, and I even bet that didn't help sell any tickets. Even for FREE that was some of the worst shite I've seen on TV lately. :(

Watched it over the course of 2 nights. Honestly was confused as to why Moses was even necessary as God just did all the work anyway. I get "God's messenger" aspect, but that was done so poorly that I could not bring myself to give a phuck. Even the final plague was like "Meh', get to the parting of the sea- that should look cool..."

shaina
04-09-2015, 03:09 AM

Watched it over the course of 2 nights. Honestly was confused as to why Moses was even necessary as God just did all the work anyway. I get "God's messenger" aspect, but that was done so poorly that I could not bring myself to give a phuck. Even the final plague was like "Meh', get to the parting of the sea- that should look cool..."

Parting of the Sea....
Now... Get that CGI working...
Past... Jesus Christ we have to get that blue jello to look more realistic !!!

Well if Moses didn't bring the message to the pharos , to let the Hebrews go , and talk to G-D , and give the people the all mighty way to live life. Who would do it??

It is like if Jesus didn't con a few saps to think he was the son of G-D (again we go direct to the boss) and have them follow him , Christianity wouldn't exist today.

megabyteme
04-09-2015, 04:59 AM
I get the value as presented narratively from the Bible, I just thought it was expressed poorly in the show. Non-believers lacking convictions, depending on special effects to carry the story along just didn't work. Go figure. :idunno:

shaina
04-09-2015, 07:52 AM
I get the value as presented narratively from the Bible, I just thought it was expressed poorly in the show. Non-believers lacking convictions, depending on special effects to carry the story along just didn't work. Go figure. :idunno:

It is because you have probably watched the Charlton Heston narrative of the Ten Commandments multiple times over the years. True or not , embellished or not, it just seemed to stick in your head , no matter what race or nationality. The story just seemed to flow better. Being the 3 attempts to narrate what happened in history (first attempt to film was 1923) , the 2nd version just seems to stick in your mind.

Stehle
04-26-2015, 01:52 AM
Okay, we'll just chair this topic for now... I REALLY want to get into the critical details of "50 Shades of Grey"

(Ladies it's all a bit alien to all of us, so just be honest!!) :alien:

megabyteme
04-26-2015, 02:04 AM
Okay, we'll just chair this topic for now... I REALLY want to get into the critical details of "50 Shades of Grey"

(Ladies it's all a bit alien to all of us, so just be honest!!) :alien:

My estrogen-based side I've been tempted to grab it now that the Blu Ray has leaked. In a totally manly sort of way, of course and because of boobs. :01:

Rart
06-06-2015, 07:24 AM
Just watched Spy. It's a comedy so don't expect any best picture awards anytime soon but for a comedy it's quite well done. It has a lot of great moments and as expected, Melissa McCarthy is amazing and is the driving force behind why this movie is so great. I was also very pleasantly surprised by Jason Statham, whom I have not watched any movies of (for good reason I think) but was hilarious in this movie. And adding a cherry to the top of an already good movie, while the inevitable girl power feminism is there, it is pretty subtle and not nearly as cringeworthy or preachy as some others coughsupergirlpilotcough. A great light hearted comedy and definitely worth a watch. And even if you didn't like it you get to see Rose Byrne in some cute outfits for 2 hours. What's not to love? I'll give it an 8/10.

megabyteme
06-06-2015, 06:09 PM
Melissa McCarthy is amazing

Tough premise here. :mellow:

pleasantly surprised by Jason Statham, whom I have not watched any movies of (for good reason I think)

Seriously?! He only really plays one character, but he has been in some decent films. Get mom's permission and I will point you in the right direction of Stathamdom.

you get to see Rose Byrne in some cute outfits for 2 hours.

Not a bad conclusion. May check it out.

IdolEyes787
06-06-2015, 07:45 PM
http://i.fststatic.com/misc_fst/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Rart http://i.fststatic.com/buttons_fst/viewpost-right.png (http://filesharingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=3767790#post3767790)
Melissa McCarthy is amazing

People say that but at some point you have to step back and stop blaming the material.

Tammy
Tammy

2013/I
The Heat
Mullins

The Hangover Part III
Cassie

Identity Thief
Diana

This Is 40
Catherine

Life as We Know It
DeeDee

The Back-up Plan

Rart
06-06-2015, 11:00 PM

Seriously?! He only really plays one character, but he has been in some decent films. Get mom's permission and I will point you in the right direction of Stathamdom.

Not a bad conclusion. May check it out.

My caveat is that I have a different set of standards for comedies. You aren't going to find Bryan Cranston or Matthew McConaughey level acting here, but for a comedy Melissa McCarthy and Jason Statham do quite well.

IdolEyes787
06-06-2015, 11:39 PM
A movie is a movie is a movie and it takes as much if not more talent to be funny than to be dramatic.
So stop regurgitating nonsense that people far less bright than you have written

You're better than that or else you wouldn't qualify as my mortal enemy.

mjmacky
08-03-2015, 07:47 AM
Looks like this thread keeps dying. I'll give it a kick.

Kung Fury (2015)

If you went through the 80s, like dinosaurs, or dig kung fu, this is your movie. It goes right past tongue, and puts a full sized erection to the cheek. It's a short film, and the entirety of the glorious ~30 min is watchable on youtube. Includes puns

I give it 1985 out of 2015 gas giants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

IdolEyes787
08-03-2015, 04:25 PM
It was sporadically really, really enjoyable as it had the 80's stuff skewered to a tee but other than that it was like one of those Saturday Night Live one premise skits and goes on too long to be able to sustain the joke.
Would have been much better at 20 minutes.

megabyteme
08-03-2015, 06:42 PM
It was sporadically really, really enjoyable as it had the 80's stuff skewered to a tee but other than that it was like one of those Saturday Night Live one premise skits and goes on too long to be able to sustain the joke.

Damn, I've had the same critique given to me in the bedroom... :sadwalk:

mjmacky
08-03-2015, 09:15 PM

10 wasted minutes ain't half bad. Literally, it's less than half bad.

IdolEyes787
08-28-2015, 06:43 PM
Southpaw

OK movie that hits most of the beats that movies like this are suppose to hit.
It probably could have benefited from some tighter editing as 125 minutes seems long considering not a lot was happening most of the time.That and in my opinion the ending fell a little flat most likely because we all seen it many times before and better.

Still not sure if Gyllenhaal was actually good or not as most of his lines consisted of mumbling and swearing .
Good soundtrack though.

Out of ten I give it a C+.

megabyteme
08-28-2015, 07:34 PM
I saw it last night, too. I had increased expectations after the first 20 minutes, then it ventured into a lot a bad things happening to him quickly (implausibly, IMO) followed by tedious pacing, and I fell asleep through most of the ending, but I got the montage.

Using a letter grade system, I give it a 4.5

Rart
08-28-2015, 08:14 PM
I watched The Gift a couple days ago and liked it quite a bit. I came in to it expecting it to be rather predictable based on the trailer but it caught me off guard quite a few times and I genuinely didn't have any good theories on how the movie would it end until it, well, ended. (As for the ending, I don't think he did it.)

The primary complaint of the people who watched it with me was that there wasn't anyone in the movie who was really likable and that the characters were all kind of assholes which turned them off from the movie. It's a fair observation, but I don't really think it's essential to have likable character to make a good movie. I thought Breaking Bad was easily one of the best shows ever made and I didn't feel like any of the (main) characters were particularly likable.

Overall it had solid pacing, wasn't too predictable, and was pretty enjoyable throughout. It also nailed the creepy/awkward tone perfectly to keep you on the edge of your seat. I'd give it an 8.5.

Jason Bateman also plays an amazing asshole. I haven't seen any of his other stuff outside of Arrested Development, but I think it's a typecast he can do pretty well.

megabyteme
08-29-2015, 02:39 AM
I watched The Gift a couple days ago and liked it quite a bit. I came in to it expecting it to be rather predictable based on the trailer but it caught me off guard quite a few times and I genuinely didn't have any good theories on how the movie would it end until it, well, ended. (As for the ending, I don't think he did it.)

The primary complaint of the people who watched it with me was that there wasn't anyone in the movie who was really likable and that the characters were all kind of assholes which turned them off from the movie. It's a fair observation, but I don't really think it's essential to have likable character to make a good movie. I thought Breaking Bad was easily one of the best shows ever made and I didn't feel like any of the (main) characters were particularly likable.

Overall it had solid pacing, wasn't too predictable, and was pretty enjoyable throughout. It also nailed the creepy/awkward tone perfectly to keep you on the edge of your seat. I'd give it an 8.5.

Jason Bateman also plays an amazing asshole. I haven't seen any of his other stuff outside of Arrested Development, but I think it's a typecast he can do pretty well.

Thanks Rart, I'll watch that as soon as someone uploads a quality stolen copy.

Stehle
10-12-2015, 11:14 PM
"Knock, Knock"...Critically DISTURBING! :ermm:
Keanu Reeves must be starving the poor soul. I think I saw Sandra Lockes name flashing up in the credits somewhere at the end. Looked like a film she did long ago, perhaps inspired by a mutual Eastwood nightmare.... plot holes abound, but definitely not for the squeamish!

(Cancelled My FaceBook account... just to be sure.) :O

IdolEyes787
10-15-2015, 06:47 PM
"Knock, Knock"...Critically DISTURBING! :ermm:
Keanu Reeves must be starving the poor soul. I think I saw Sandra Lockes name flashing up in the credits somewhere at the end. Looked like a film she did long ago, perhaps inspired by a mutual Eastwood nightmare.... plot holes abound, but definitely not for the squeamish!

(Cancelled My FaceBook account... just to be sure.) :O

I briefly toyed with the idea of watching it because, tits but then sense kicked in when I remembered that it was directed by Eli Roth.

Dodged a bullet there.

I think I saw Sandra Lockes name flashing up in the credits somewhere at the end. Looked like a film she did long ago, perhaps inspired by a mutual Eastwood nightmare....

Colleen Camp too.

From IPT
Like last friday I got to see Knock Knock and now this week I get to see another Eli Roth movie......What have I done to be so lucky now??! Thanks so much Uploader you really made my day 200% better!!

I'm actually impressed that person can type with all that spittle dripping from his mouth.

Stehle
10-16-2015, 06:41 PM
Colleen Camp too....

Your right on the money on that one! ;)

...it was called... Death Game (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075921/) (1977)

(Same premise too... what disturbing shite!) :alien:

IdolEyes787
10-16-2015, 08:23 PM
Your right on the money on that one! ;)

Likewise you and Clint Eastwood having particular .....tastes as when Locke was his girlfriend he had her near raped in two different movies (The Outlaw Josey Wales and The Gauntlet):unsure:.

Jesus Christ there goes all my Apocalypse Now Redux masturbatory fantasies shot to hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpbQ3JFe-Vo

OK as long as the internet ceases to exist I still have Cynthia Wood.

teflon05
10-17-2015, 02:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yEixcQrABU

I saw this one last night.
I'm a fan of Eli Roth, but I have to say, this movie is pretty much a pile of steaming crap.

When I first saw the trailer, I thought it looked like it might be semi-interesting, coming from the same guy that was responsible for Hostel & Cabin Fever (I'm somewhat of a horror fan) but this movie isn't close to being in the same class. Poorly executed all around, in my opinion, and even though the story line isn't anything new, I think it could have been a decent movie with a different director & maybe a different male lead. I can't say the 2 female antagonists where much better though...They were so annoying I was hoping they'd get killed off about 20 minutes into the movie.

Ive never kidded myself into believing that Keanu Reeves is any kind of great actor, but most of his movies are at least entertaining. I'd place his performance in this a few steps below any bad performance that Nick Cage has ever done....And that's saying something. The scene where he's tied to the chair & the girls are "torturing" him by playing loud music through headphones is pathetically bad, bordering on excruciatingly painful. (To the viewer, not Reeves) It doesn't help that through most of the movie, he sounds like he's reading all his lines off cue cards either.

I read several reviews of it on IMDB, and a few people on there were saying that the many people that didn't like it just "didn't get it", and that it was supposed to be sort of a "Dark Comedy & intentionally amusing" in places. I don't believe this myself... Not that it's not amusing in places, because it is. But I don't think it's intentional. And if it is, I don't think I found it amusing in the way that the director intended. It was amusing in a "I can't believe it's this bad" kind of way...

IdolEyes787
10-17-2015, 05:14 PM
I'm a fan of Eli Roth...

Are you positive that you're not simply insane because otherwise I'm not sure that's possible.

Stehle
10-17-2015, 09:10 PM
FaceBook was actually invented by Sandra Locke.

(So she could have a different ending to the same shitty film.) :alien:

Jesus Christ there goes all my Apocalypse Now Redux masturbatory fantasies shot to hell.

OK as long as the internet ceases to exist I still have Cynthia Wood Lesley Ann Warren, Jessica Lange, & Melanie Griffith.

UNDERSTANDABLE!!!! :blink:

teflon05
10-17-2015, 09:24 PM
I'm a fan of Eli Roth...

Are you positive that you're not simply insane because otherwise I'm not sure that's possible.

It's a "guilty pleasure" type thing. I sometimes like cheesy B-type movies, and he's a cheesy B-type actor/director...

Oh, & no, I'm not positive :unsure:

Also, goddammit I didn't see that someone already mentioned this film. I didn't think enough people still posted here to bother reading through the previous comments. How observant of me...

mjmacky
10-18-2015, 12:19 AM
This movie, Blind (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2616810/), found a strange, concerted frequency in me. I initially started to watch it as if I'm about to embark on a horror adventure; going blind is about one of the scariest things I can imagine. However, the imagination of the main character would play out in a manner where the borders of daydreaming and reality aren't always distinct. I have never seen that depicted in a movie in quite this manner because this was so eerily similar to how my own mind plays out scenarios. I hate the dream sequence trope found in other movies/shows because... well... that fucking soft lens and cheesy music shit. This felt much more accurate. I really have no critique about the movie. This one aspect just left an impression on me, and it was one where there was no expectation to arrive at some conclusion.

Just, hmmm

IdolEyes787
10-18-2015, 12:33 AM
Blind and in a language I don't understand.So how'd it smell?

mjmacky
10-18-2015, 12:44 AM
Blind and in a language I don't understand.So how'd it smell?

white, or maybe off white

teflon05
10-18-2015, 01:03 AM
You were supposed to say, "with it's nose, of corse". :dry:

dion09529
10-27-2015, 08:01 PM
3 idiots

A 2 cents movie for dizzy chicks and "let's have a drink " generation, smart enough for those who have finished college in recent years and the ever-present love story for americans (who swore off that, except them, all are drug addicts), but also for romantic kiddos who fall in love whenever they see an iphone or a benefit card.

IdolEyes787
10-27-2015, 09:21 PM
3 idiots

A 2 cents movie for dizzy chicks and "let's have a drink " generation, smart enough for those who have finished college in recent years and the ever-present love story for americans (who swore off that, except them, all are drug addicts), but also for romantic kiddos who fall in love whenever they see an iphone or a benefit card.

You didn't provide a link , so who are the other two idiots?

dion09529
10-27-2015, 09:59 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=3+Idiots+%20IMDb

IdolEyes787
10-28-2015, 12:38 PM
I already knew that but if my honours degree in History has taught me anything beyond the obvious "don't waste four years of your life getting an honours History degree", it's never subject yourself to any Indian movie.

dion09529
10-28-2015, 03:33 PM
Well, I'm not an idiot, if you are really interested! :mellow:

megabyteme
10-28-2015, 07:32 PM
Well, I'm not an idiot, if you are really interested! :mellow:

You've just created a conditional statement, so I'd say he's not interested.

IdolEyes787
10-29-2015, 10:35 PM
Let's call this a review even though it's more a vent as I'm come to realize that given it's membership, posting stuff on FST is essentially whatever less than pointless is called.

The Man From U.N.C.L.E (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1638355/). (2015)

First let me state I wish that I had access to the same drugs that the people who gave it a 7.6 on IMDB have because those must be seriously good hallucinogens.

This movie isn't just bad, it's Heroes Reborn level bad. It's beyond my comprehension how someone like Guy Ritchie who has already made a bunch of films one and two of which are not even painful to sit through can be so oblivious to what actually makes a movie good.Like characters you have some investment in and action that isn't simply there so some wank director can put in a bunch of his "signature" shots which do little but function to obscure what little is taking place.

Also the writing is truly horrible as I assume it was intended to be a spy movie but plays more like a mystery if a mystery is what you call a bunch of shite gags connected by not telling the audience what is actually going on.And it certainly isn't helped by the fact that there is no tension/drama/excitement since the ending is a given.
You can say that's just the trap of something like this but oddly neither Bond nor Bourne seem to have the same problem.

Lastly this is literally the first movie that I can remember where the music actually detracted from the experience.It's incessant and ill-fitting and I get the distinct impression that Richie put it in there to take the place of and not accentuate the actual story.

In short,fuck you guy Richie.First Sherlock Holmes and now Napoleon Solo.May you rot in the particularly vile hell reserved for child molesters and shitty directors with delusions of grandeur.

Also for marrying Madonna because that's just wrong.

PS I'm convinced that this movie has intentionally gay undertones which wouldn't bother me nearly as much if it was not the Man but the Girl from U.N.C.L.E.

mjmacky
10-30-2015, 09:33 AM
Let's call this a review even though it's more a vent as I'm come to realize that given it's membership, posting stuff on FST is essentially whatever less than pointless is called.

The Man From U.N.C.L.E (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1638355/). (2015)

First let me state I wish that I had access to the same drugs that the people who gave it a 7.6 on IMDB have because those must be seriously good hallucinogens.

This movie isn't just bad, it's Heroes Reborn level bad. It's beyond my comprehension how someone like Guy Ritchie who has already made a bunch of films one and two of which are not even painful to sit through can be so oblivious to what actually makes a movie good.Like characters you have some investment in and action that isn't simply there so some wank director can put in a bunch of his "signature" shots which do little but function to obscure what little is taking place.

Also the writing is truly horrible as I assume it was intended to be a spy movie but plays more like a mystery if a mystery is what you call a bunch of shite gags connected by not telling the audience what is actually going on.And it certainly isn't helped by the fact that there is no tension/drama/excitement since the ending is a given.
You can say that's just the trap of something like this but oddly neither Bond nor Bourne seem to have the same problem.

Lastly this is literally the first movie that I can remember where the music actually detracted from the experience.It's incessant and ill-fitting and I get the distinct impression that Richie put it in there to take the place of and not accentuate the actual story.

In short,fuck you guy Richie.First Sherlock Holmes and now Napoleon Solo.May you rot in the particularly vile hell reserved for child molesters and shitty directors with delusions of grandeur.

Also for marrying Madonna because that's just wrong.

PS I'm convinced that this movie has intentionally gay undertones which wouldn't bother me nearly as much if it was not the Man but the Girl from U.N.C.L.E.
How far into the thing did you know you would have to decompress with a rant to alleviate your suffering if you continued?

Second question, why did you keep watching beyond that?

Third question, :naughty:

IdolEyes787
10-30-2015, 01:09 PM
I'm no rocket scientist but I assume it's something along the lines of .... Ever have a scab?Ever pick at that scab?Ever continue to pick at that scab even though you knew that you were only going to make matters worse?

Anyway the precise moment besides Guy Richie's name being attached to it that I knew this was all going to shit was about ten minutes in during what was suppose to be a car chase and the director did his lame sudden zoom in change of perspective crap that showed that everything was cg/bluescreened and immediately took you out of the reality of the scene.

Geez even Marvel which has evolved into little more than an evil conglomeration of bankers, knows enough that you have to root the hero in a sense of reality.
Throw in all the jokes you want, a bumbling sidekick or three and have a villain who is given to bwwahahaing and petting a white cat but the hero needs to play it real.

Did I mention that Richie set up a confrontation between some bad guys and Kuryakin and then instead of showing it decided to a static shot on an overused hotel room set and talk about it instead?
Again no rocket scientist but in genre movies like this I think the fight is the entire point.

Or when the time come for this big island invasion like in You Only Live Twice and then decides to cut in multi-screen to take you out of the action as much as possible? But cool edgy directing huh?

Or like when they break into a safe and one says "what about the alarm" and the other says "there's no alarm on this model" and then ..beat.. the alarm goes off?

Or the whole thing is set in the '60's and the seeming only reasoning behind that is so the macho super spies can talk about fashion?

mjmacky
10-30-2015, 03:01 PM
If by matters worse you mean the bleeding, I have found that a paper towel is a sufficient remedy, and it's out of mind in a few minutes. You are purposely injuring your psyche. Now, I've done that too, and I still regret it.

Want to go see Star Wars together? We can make it a date. I'm open to pizza before or after, but I'd do away with blow jobs.

dion09529
11-15-2015, 07:36 PM
Spectre (2015)

Paid 5 pounds for the ticket + soda and popcorn; I intend to lodge a complaint to Bureau of Consumer Protection to get my 5 pounds back for this piece of shit that I saw.

IdolEyes787
11-15-2015, 09:29 PM
Spectre (2015)

Paid 5 pounds for the ticket + soda and popcorn; I intend to lodge a complaint to Bureau of Consumer Protection to get my 5 pounds back for this piece of shit that I saw.

Seems that you're not alone.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2379713/reviews?filter=hate;filter=hate;start=0

When even the 16 year old Taylor Swift fans turn against you, you know good and certain that you've produced a monumental pile a shit.

Seriously though,who the fuck decides to re-reinvent something when all the praise the Bond franchise has gotten the last few years is because it was stripped down and had moved away the Roger Moore type stupidity.

megabyteme
11-15-2015, 09:56 PM
I'd gotten wind of Spectre sucking, but am disappointed to learn how crappy Man from UNCLE turned out. Was planning to watch that soon. Vikander is one of my favorite females.

mjmacky
11-29-2015, 10:38 PM
Since the reboot of the series with Goldeneye, I have managed to see every Bond film in the theater in November. I even kept with the tradition after Craig was named the new Bond. I still managed to go see Skyfall on a whim after not enjoying his first two showings. In two days, I'll break this cycle. I'm not sure what would have happened if I had convenient access to a cinema, but I'm done.

I can imagine that the only way I'll ever watch it is if it went available for streaming on Netflix.

I think I'm posting a review of not watching a film.

IdolEyes787
11-29-2015, 10:45 PM
So what you're saying is as far as you know, not much happened.

Btw I hate spam so let's try to stay on toe pick.

The Gift.Not to be confused with The Gift.

Good movie.At least one of them.I'm guessing the one with the lower IMDB rating because I've noticed that's how things work.

mjmacky
11-30-2015, 09:09 AM
So what you're saying is as far as you know, not much happened.

Btw I hate spam so let's try to stay on toe pick.

The Gift.Not to be confused with The Gift.

Good movie.At least one of them.I'm guessing the one with the lower IMDB rating because I've noticed that's how things work.

As far as I know, I don't know.

I didn't even realize there was one gift, and now there's two. Can you give a brief synopsis that differentiates between the two and tailor to someone who has no idea of either?

IdolEyes787
11-30-2015, 01:56 PM
I didn't even realize there was one gift, and now there's two. Can you give a brief synopsis that differentiates between the two and tailor to someone who has no idea of either?One was made pre 2000 so there are tits and an actual plot instead of stuff just occasionally happening.The other was made post 2000 and since it's not a TV show on some sort of premium service and doesn't involve ghey people there are no tits or plot.

It starts to get a bit more confusing though when you break it down further since they are both psychological thrillers starring Australians pretending to be Americans.

It gets even more confusing when you factor in that there is a third film called The Gift which is actually about ghey people yet as as far as I know not on TV and involves no Australians.

In a totally related note I just discovered that Joel Edgerton auditioned for the role of Ty-Zor in McG's "now-aborted" version of Superman.

The fact that McG's version of Superman never got made makes Joel Schumacher's Batman and Robin sad as it must now remain as the worse superhero movie ever.:(

mjmacky
11-30-2015, 04:12 PM
and since it's not a TV show on some sort of premium service and doesn't involve ghey people there are no tits or plot.

Although the viewing audience appreciates a coherent and fleshed out narrative, once it was discovered that we'd pay just to watch explosions for 90 min, such efforts became expendable. I stick with TV now because it's a much better moving picture medium for story telling. I always had a deeper appreciation for a film series over singular films. Bond might be an example, but Zatoichi is an even better example because there's no amnesia between films. This modern growth of, respect for, and investment into television we've been seeing over the past 15 years, I'm a fan.

I thought the recent Daredevil series paralleled the style of comics much more than anything I've seen to date. You see glimpses of it in some of the Marvel films, but the downtime for heroes in films always feels like it's set to a schedule, which is just another effect of creating a 90-150 min experience.

IdolEyes787
12-22-2015, 02:02 PM
The Hateful Eight (2015) Is this finally the movie that reveals that the emperor has no clothes?

It's increasingly clear that unlike the title credits say, Quentin Tarantino hasn't made eight movies he's only made two - Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs repeated seven times.

Take a cast of reprehensible characters throw them into a tale involving revenge, spruce it up with a bunch of long-winded dialogue that while itself may be entertaining does nothing to move the story along and end everything with a bloodbath and you're good to go.

I mean, seriously sometime during the course of this three hour edifice to poor editing I lost track if I was watching The Hateful Eight or Django or Inglorious Basterds.

Not a bad film, just an utterly disappointing one.

megabyteme
12-22-2015, 03:25 PM
I just finished it about an hour ago, and even being a Tarantino fan, thought this one was too similar to Reservoir Dogs- even with snow and cowboy costumes. There's been anticipation for its release for like 3 years, and isn't much more than a shiny play.

It was entertaining, but isn't the 'great' film I was so eager to see. A couple of the actors pulled off some great performances, while a few others hammed it up too much.

IdolEyes787
12-22-2015, 05:29 PM
Jennifer Jason Leigh is getting a lot of love for her performance but personally I think it's more the character and her being willing to commit to the part which basically every actor should be willing to do.

Liked Walton Goggins though as his character had more of an arc and he managed to bring a bit of likability to a man who was ostensibly a racist which was important to that role.

Also thought the highly praised cinematography was nothing special but then again I wasn't seeing it in 70 mm.

megabyteme
12-22-2015, 07:53 PM
Stihl, she did a good jawb innit. I also liked Sammy J's character (I'm allowed to call him that because he won't ever read this)- not really a stretch, but a solid leed.

I think the cinnamon toggery is mostly aimed at bedazzling peoples who don't get to see snow very often. 70mm snow is still just bright snow. May bee I needed to see 3D snow to be fooly impressed.

IdolEyes787
12-22-2015, 08:15 PM
The "be a linguistic asshole and irritate the fuck out of me" department seems to be some sort of transmittable virus.Either that or you've had a stroke.

megabyteme
12-22-2015, 09:59 PM
The "be a linguistic asshole and irritate the fuck out of me" department seems to be some sort of transmittable virus.Either that or you've had a stroke.

You definitely cum across as the gel ass type. :snooty:

IdolEyes787
12-22-2015, 10:16 PM
Dye.

Stehle
12-23-2015, 10:54 PM
"....and STILL no blanket!"

('nuff said.) :alien:

------

Idol sez...

"Liked Walton Goggins..."

(Ever since "The Shield", "SOA","Lincoln" and "Justified"...told you so.) :alien: :tease:

IdolEyes787
12-26-2015, 06:39 PM
Spectre (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2379713/) (2015) Might very well be the worst Bond film ever.

You know something is terribly wrong when you've seen Bond barrel roll a car over a river and go toe to toe with a komodo dragon and yet still not approach how contrived,unconvincing and something I thought I'd never say, unexciting the stunts in this film are.

It's also far too long and tediously talky and maybe worst of all there's a real sense of disconnect between the audience and what is happening onscreen.
It certainly doesn't help that by trying to marry the old to the new they've managed to do a real disservice to both.

In short, a Bond movie only suitable for non-Bond fans which is just as misguided as it sounds.

PS In full disclosure I fast forwarded through some of it which until now I never had the inclination to do with any other Bond film, even the shite ones.

PPS Sam Smith as a choice of theme songwriter basically sums it up.
Maybe I'll watch Creed or maybe at this point I'll just do the judicious thing and give up on films altogether.

slimp
06-11-2016, 05:42 PM
Watched "Warccraft" just yesterday and it was pretty boring, dialogs are lame even action isn't so good as I expected it to be. LOTR still a lot better even especially knowing it was filmed 10+ years ago.

shaina
06-12-2016, 12:57 AM
Spectre (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2379713/) (2015) Might very well be the worst Bond film ever.
You know something is terribly wrong when you've seen Bond barrel roll a car over a river and go toe to toe with a komodo dragon and yet still not approach how contrived,unconvincing and something I thought I'd never say, unexciting the stunts in this film are.
It's also far too long and tediously talky and maybe worst of all there's a real sense of disconnect between the audience and what is happening onscreen.
It certainly doesn't help that by trying to marry the old to the new they've managed to do a real disservice to both.
In short, a Bond movie only suitable for non-Bond fans which is just as misguided as it sounds.
PS In full disclosure I fast forwarded through some of it which until now I never had the inclination to do with any other Bond film, even the shite ones.
PPS Sam Smith as a choice of theme songwriter basically sums it up.
Maybe I'll watch Creed or maybe at this point I'll just do the judicious thing and give up on films altogether.

Believe it or not i just read this post Idol:)

And words can not have a response....

Well OK
Octopussy:lol:

PS. To me it was entertaining, best bond NO!!.... What would be your best bond Fiic???

For me Live and Let Die would be up there, as well as Goldfinger

tom87
07-26-2016, 11:35 AM
Spectre - normally I love bond series but this...I I expected more after "casino royal" and "skyfall" :(

xoooai
08-02-2016, 12:47 AM
Hardcore Henry made me nauseous

Gribley
08-02-2016, 11:58 AM
That new Independence Day flick (thanks to cabbie, I think, in NZB section). Was much much better than I expected, OK cheese factor was there and is after all a sequel so I didn`t expect much but was really very watchable. Wouldn`t pay money to go and see it but for sofa watching not at all bad

IcedMojo
08-13-2016, 02:37 PM
Suicide Squad - DC movies usually get a bad rap, and truthfully, I was a little worried knowing Will Smith was in it, but he did a great job. The movie as a whole wasn't great, but it is worth seeing if you haven't

5thelement
08-13-2016, 03:00 PM
the last movie i saw and enjoyed was Zombieland 2009 ... i enjoyed that movie way more than any of the usual crap ....

NicoleWi
09-15-2016, 02:18 PM
So I watched 2 Jennifer (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4627224/). The movie is shot on the phone and would make a great movie for your final film project in university.
But the acting was great. There are some really good actors in that movie.

Has anyone seen it?

tiger
09-23-2016, 05:03 AM
the last movie i watched in my laptop was Noah i think , not bad . emma watson making love was an awesome scene . reminded of a dream of mine i had . but i dont like that part where noah gets all angry and pissed of at his children

:sad1:

sl33ker
10-01-2016, 11:18 PM
Central Intelligence - overall it was an amusing little number. Both actors did well in their respective roles though the humor in the script was mostly flat, trite and sophomoric. It occasionally was more crass than it needed to be but I guess that's what people see as humor nowadays. That being said, it was fun to see Dwayne Johnson play a goof while towering over Hart. Out of 5 I'd give it a 3 and say put it on your netflix queue for the someday watch. Certainly not worth paying full price to see it.

Stehle
01-21-2017, 06:59 PM
"Hacksaw Ridge"... should win the Best Picture Oscar® at the Academy Awards®.

(My pick, have a look. 'nuff said.) :alien:

IdolEyes787
01-21-2017, 07:16 PM
"Hacksaw Ridge"... should win the Best Picture Oscar® at the Academy Awards®.

(My pick, have a look. 'nuff said.) :alien:

I loved some of it, even shed a tear but Gibson took some stuff way too far like the riding on the back of makeshift gurney firing a machine gun. Also the bit of really over the top, blatant, totally unnecessary religious imagery near the end demonstrates that he's still a nutjob.

Overall a tossup between this and Patriot's Day, both of which I would give a 7, as to which ignores the truth more to beatify certain individuals.

megabyteme
01-21-2017, 07:49 PM
War on Everyone (2016) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3708886/

I have to say I liked this one. It's cynical, violent, pseudo-philosophical, and feeds my joy of seeing bad guys get what they deserve-- even if it comes from the hands of bad guys who seek their own level of 'justice'.

It's a solid 6.5 for all of its faults, but is dark enough for me to enjoy it. Alexander Skarsgård gave a good performance, and the buddy chemistry with Michael Peña works well.

shaina
01-21-2017, 11:26 PM
I have to say I liked this one. It's cynical, violent, pseudo-philosophical, and feeds my joy of seeing bad guys get what they deserve-- even if it comes from the hands of bad guys who seek their own level of 'justice'.
It's a solid 6.5 for all of its faults, but is dark enough for me to enjoy it. Alexander Skarsgård gave a good performance, and the buddy chemistry with Michael Peña works well.

I downloaded this one, but i haven't watched it yet?? Since i know you have a fucked up twisted sense of movie selections to watch i will check it out..

Remember this one Meg:wacko:

megabyteme
01-22-2017, 03:31 AM

I downloaded this one, but i haven't watched it yet?? Since i know you have a fucked up twisted sense of movie selections to watch i will check it out..

Remember this one Meg:wacko:

Adam's Apples is *pure* win!

IdolEyes787
01-22-2017, 05:53 PM

It's cynical, violent, pseudo-philosophical...... You basically just described me. :unsure:

Stehle
01-22-2017, 08:47 PM
....demonstrates that he's still a nutjob.

Agreed!

(I was looking at the movie as a whole though. Sans Gibson's directing.) ) :unsure:

Patriot Games was another contender, but nosed out for reasons you stated.

dion09529
01-22-2017, 09:06 PM
Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom (1975)

The biggest idiocy I've ever seen and I've seen a lot of movies!
In this movie four morons round up 18 teens, boys and girls, subjected them to unimaginable tortures, mental, sexual and physical. Literally the teenagers are forced to eat shit, have sex (normal, anal, oral, facial piss), in conjunction with some stupid stories told by a few old hags. Eventually, the teenagers are killed in different ways: their genitals and tits are burned, eyes are pulled out and scalped.

IdolEyes787
01-22-2017, 09:30 PM
Why would anyone voluntarily watch something like that? I mean I can even understand watching something like the video feed from the Columbine school massacre in the hope of gaining some insight into something or other but what could anyone hope to gain from this?

Weirdly I just stumbled upon similarities between that shit piece of shit and Kewtie Pie.:unsure:

megabyteme
01-22-2017, 10:31 PM

It's cynical, violent, pseudo-philosophical...... You basically just described me. :unsure:

:lol::lol::lol:

dion09529
01-23-2017, 07:24 PM
Why would anyone voluntarily watch something like that? I mean I can even understand watching something like the video feed from the Columbine school massacre in the hope of gaining some insight into something or other but what could anyone hope to gain from this?

Weirdly I just stumbled upon similarities between that shit piece of shit and Kewtie Pie.:unsure:

Because some critics have labeled this crap as MASTERPIECE!

Here's a few review titles:
-Soul crushing--recommended very highly to a very few
-Saló. Masterpiece.....!?
-Interesting, but also slightly disappointing
-An artist's view on human condition
-'Salo', an exercise in depravity and the art of filmmaking
-The most important film of all time
-My favorite movie ever (10 stars)
-A Brutal Poetic Masterpiece...
-No doubt the most important film ever made

On the other hand:
-If you're reading this, then it's probably too late....
-Execrable
-Intellectualized Sadomasochistic Porn
-Ridiculous and Anti-Intellectual
-Film with No Apparent Purpose or Direction
-This is the most disgusting film I have ever watched
-Very Boring and utter garbage
-Goo-goo, gaa-gaa. Where's my pacifier?

IdolEyes787
01-23-2017, 07:37 PM
Some people thought following Charles Manson was a great idea too. Although to be fair they almost had me a "soul crushing" as who in their right mind isn't looking to have their soul crushed? :unsure:

dion09529
02-03-2017, 09:41 PM
Operation Avalanche (2016)

It's not the movie. The movie is quite good, but the idea of conceiving the greatest conspiracy in human history, is horrifying. Americans had us all fooled in their own style.
The american way!
Now, I have doubts that we really landed on Mars and Curiosity is currently exploring the Red Planet or New Horizons space probe passed Pluto's orbit.

megabyteme
02-03-2017, 10:24 PM

It's not the movie. The movie is quite good, but the idea of conceiving the greatest conspiracy in human history, is horrifying. Americans had us all fooled in their own style.
The american way!
Now, I have doubts that we really landed on Mars and Curiosity is currently exploring the Red Planet or New Horizons space probe passed Pluto's orbit.

This shakes my belief in *everything*. I bet we don't even have satellites or the interwebs!

IdolEyes787
02-04-2017, 01:55 PM

The american way!
I hope you're not suggesting that we can't trust the government because that's crazy talk, man.

megabyteme
02-04-2017, 03:22 PM

The american way!
I hope you're not suggesting that we can't trust the government because that's crazy talk, man.

I forget which 3rd world country Dion is from, but I'm fairly certain that their president also does tarot readings for some extra cash during tourist season.

Any of the DVD screeners fall under the category of 'must see'?

I thought Passengers was alright.
Edge of Seventeen was kinda shitty-- especially considering how good the main actress was in True Grit.
Arrival was okay-ish.
Have not been in the mood for many others. Not feeling very patriotic, nor pacifistic.

IdolEyes787
02-04-2017, 04:44 PM

I forget which 3rd world country Dion is from, but I'm fairly certain that their president also does tarot readings for some extra cash during tourist season.

I thought Passengers was alright.
Edge of Seventeen was kinda shitty-- especially considering how good the main actress was in True Grit.
Arrival was okay-ish.
Have not been in the mood for many others. Not feeling very patriotic, nor pacifistic.

Dion is from Romania where I believe they still worship the Moon as a goddess hence his fascination with the celestial. Romania is ruled by Dracula whose official title is Count.
Ffs learn something about World politics.

As for movies, I have it on semi-good authority that Manchester by the Sea is alright.
Frankly though none of these films interest me and I'm waiting for John Wick 2 as that is just the kind of cretin I is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F5OlGPhUx4

Stehle
02-04-2017, 05:47 PM
Meg, Idol... You guys still crack me up! :D

(Did Wick get a new dog?) :alien:

Although I'm still with "Hacksaw Ridge" (As it basically is true... damn you Mel Gibson!), if you haven't viewed it yet, but now the ex-wife is leaning towards "La La Land" or "Fences" which I personally have not watched.

@Meg, ...but they are safe or so I'm told. ;)

IdolEyes787
02-04-2017, 07:35 PM
Same dog as had at the end of the last movie. Apparently no dogs die in this one.

Caballero
02-05-2017, 07:31 AM

Ending was unsatisfying, but "Live by Night" was a decent flick. "Hidden Figures" was quite good. And "Doctor Strange" was better than expected.

megabyteme
02-05-2017, 08:00 AM

Ending was unsatisfying, but "Live by Night" was a decent flick. "Hidden Figures" was quite good. And "Doctor Strange" was better than expected.

Thank you. I enjoyed Doctor Strange quite a bit. I might have to give Hidden Figures a shot, as a general period in time, the early 60's tend to play pretty well-- lots of triumph when it comes to space race.

IdolEyes787
02-05-2017, 01:45 PM
I might have to give Hidden Figures a shot, as a general period in time, the early 60's tend to play pretty well-- lots of triumph when it comes to space race.

Breaks another of my fundamental rules for enjoying cinema -never watch anything that sounds like Oprah Winfrey might be involved with it.

This is a well-thought out stance and if you had half a brain you too would be asking yourself questions like "Would The Good,the Bad and the Ugly be better or incredibly worse if Oprah was involved with it?"

I rest my case.

megabyteme
02-05-2017, 02:59 PM
I never thought I'd say this, but you have a point.

IdolEyes787
02-05-2017, 03:32 PM
I always have a point, they're just not usually very good ones.

mjmacky
02-05-2017, 08:15 PM
What I learned from Dr Strange is that I could add to my list of vows for Tilda Swinton. "Will you take her in sickness and in health or in baldness or in giant ass wings or when she gives you Turkish delights?"
I do

Judge me after Social Services has her way with me.

Caballero
02-06-2017, 12:27 AM
Although I'm still with "Hacksaw Ridge" (As it basically is true... damn you Mel Gibson!)

Watched that this afternoon. Holy crap, it's basically the first 20 minutes of "Saving Private Ryan" blown up to full-feature length, with a little "Full Metal Jacket"-style basic training thrown in. Does that about describe it?

Stehle
02-06-2017, 04:14 PM
Although I'm still with "Hacksaw Ridge" (As it basically is true... damn you Mel Gibson!)

Watched that this afternoon. Holy crap, it's basically the first 20 minutes of "Saving Private Ryan" blown up to full-feature length, with a little "Full Metal Jacket"-style basic training thrown in. Does that about describe it?

Yup, very aptly put! ;) (...but mostly true story.)

Watched "The Founder" yesterday, now I know about a few more lives that started in San Bernardino in the 1950's.

Yep...

-The California Kid

megabyteme
02-06-2017, 04:44 PM

I gave up on that one too soon, I think. Only watched the first 20-30 minutes. Will continue with it now that I know its got lots of 'splosions and stuff. :)

Caballero
02-06-2017, 05:55 PM
Watched "Silence" last night.

Very slow, almost depressing film. Not worth 2:40 hours.

Stehle
02-07-2017, 04:39 PM

I gave up on that one too soon, I think. Only watched the first 20-30 minutes. Will continue with it now that I know its got lots of 'splosions and stuff. :)

I'm sure you'll enjoy it. ;)

Watched "Silence" last night.

Very slow, almost depressing film. Not worth 2:40 hours.

Agreed!

(Even with Scorsese directing... (which drew me to it) ...the Mel Gibson Disease must be contagions!) :alien:

afkbrb
02-14-2017, 02:25 AM
Arrival

The more I think about the film, the more faults I find with it. Gonna have to stop thinking about it soon, I reckon. Hopefully this post will provide some catharsis.

I'll make this two parts. (Part I) being first impressions, (Part II) being 72hrs afterthoughts.

Part I:

1. Very old-fashioned start, reminiscent of Independence Day and Avatar.
2. WTF, Forest Whitaker?!? There goes my suspension of disbelief.
3. Ooh, the ship's got its own internal artificial gravity field, and OMG, it's perpendicular and upside down or sth. Mind blown.
4. My, look at that big old window! 8-0
5. Pretty giant squid monsters.
6. Nice ink FX.
7. Man, those military guys are retarded. Who knew? ;)
8. Now somebody is explaining to me what whatsherface has been doing for months. Never heard of 'show, don't tell', apparently.
9. Oh, the Chinese are talking to ET in MahJong, right. Not Go, not their own damned script, but Mah-fucking-Jong. Okay.
10. Wait, the Pakistanis have figured out how the orthography works? Not Miss Smartypants?
11. What the shit, Sapir-Whorf hypothesis? Learning a circular timeless lingo rips you out of time and lets you know the future? Must have slept through that lecture.
12. Okay, now the Chinese don't trust ET because it responded on their terms. Guess them Chinese must be real stoopid. Oh, and the Russians, too. And Pakistan! I thought the Pakistanis were the smart ones here, what?
13. "If only we'd all just communicated with one another." Srlsly, that's the msg?
14. So, all that stuff with her daughter hasn't happened yet. Could've fooled me, what with the character being apparently ageless and that whole part of the 'entertainment' based on deceiving the audience.
15. OK, I suppose that Mommy / dying daughter thing was emotively effective (Nothing wrong with that, per se!).
16. "Mom and Dad talk to animals," fuck that. The kid's fucking mother makes her career off of the 'Universal Language', there's been video footage of Cthulhu and pal all over the world, and the girl thinks those were 'animals'? You'd think maybe the bloody number one expert on the subject might have taught her own offspring the bloody lingo, but no.

Part II:

1. Since the aliens are outside time, effectively omniscient, the film isn't SF, it's a religious fairy tale.
2. Even if you don't mind that it's a religious fairy tale, the film doesn't shed any new light on ideas such as blind faith and divine gifts.
3. It says nothing about the human condition, doesn't speculate, doesn't tease with any new ideas, doesn't challenge conventional interpretations.
4. All I'm left with are a few pretty pictures.

Overall verdict: Weak.

dion09529
02-16-2017, 09:41 PM
12. Okay, now the Chinese don't trust ET because it responded on their terms. Guess them Chinks must be real stoopid. Oh, and the Russians, too. And Pakistan! I thought the Pakis were the smart ones here, what?

TWO Pakistani men emigrate to Scotland , and agree to meet two years later to see who has become the most Scottish.
Two years passed.

They meet and the first one says "I have a Scotland football jersey,
I drink Scotch whisky and eat haggis every week, I've joined a pipe
band, I own a Scottie dog, I wear a kilt everywhere, I salmon fish
and I play golf .........

That's how Scottish I am.
How Scottish have you become?"

The second one replies, "AWAY TAE FUCK YA PAKI BASTART!"

petseleh
04-10-2017, 12:26 AM
Just wasted my time watching Why Him? .......should be called Why Me!? <<cough>>:whistling

Ayahuasaca
09-09-2017, 06:12 PM
The last movie I saw was "The Reality Of Truth" on YouTube

It was pretty good. I liked the exploration aspect of seeking truth through psychonautically means. There are some other aspects that I'm not to sure about.

https://youtu.be/3sKQAcXWku8

Stehle
04-09-2018, 09:56 PM
"12 Strong"... Because I felt patriotic watching it. The action, nice background cinematography and appreciated the REAL men's effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Denciie5oA

(Almost 7 years ago.) :frusty: :alien:

IdolEyes787
04-09-2018, 10:04 PM
I haven't seen it but couldn't Thor simply have called down thunderbolts on the Taliban and ended everything in short order?

Stehle
04-10-2018, 04:28 PM
I haven't seen it but couldn't Thor simply have called down thunderbolts on the Taliban and ended everything in short order?

Yes, I suppose the actor could have. :dry:

shaina
04-10-2018, 09:37 PM
Yes, I suppose the actor could have. :dry:

We know what he did:)

IdolEyes787
04-10-2018, 09:59 PM
If this is true then I see why Tony Stark is so rich.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63sLMD3ZiWI

shaina
04-10-2018, 10:53 PM
If this is true then I see why Tony Stark is so rich.

How does that work really?? He is a link in pretty much all the Marvel movies??

I don't see him getting that if he is a co-star in a Captain American movie?? But your find is very interesting Idol:)

Edit: I know Chris Prat made a lot less in the first Guardians of the Galaxy, i think your source is a wee bit out of wack, but good for the effect of the Greed;)

IdolEyes787
04-10-2018, 11:14 PM
Downey Jr. has much larger catalog of movies spanning several decades plus two Oscar noms and a couple of Golden Globe wins. Honestly though studios basically pin salary to how much of a box office draw an actor is.

megabyteme
04-11-2018, 07:10 AM
TIL Josh Brolin gets paid :idunno:

IdolEyes787
04-11-2018, 12:31 PM

You have to have some proven track record as a leading man/woman beyond one franchise ( Brolin isn't a leading man and no one is paying to see Hemsworth, Evans, Johansson or even better actors like Cumberbatch, Ruffalo, Del Toro, Elba outside their Thor, Captain America etc franchises.). Also rarely big bucks for one offs/ cameos/ guest appearances and then only to real superstars.

shaina
04-11-2018, 01:39 PM
Downey Jr. has much larger catalog of movies spanning several decades plus two Oscar noms and a couple of Golden Globe wins. Honestly though studios basically pin salary to how much of a box office draw an actor is.

Yes and no right, sometimes they also take a stake in the movie and if it is successful they get a piece of the earnings right, like i read that Chris Pratt made over 10 million on Jurassic World, and that took in huge in the box office world wide as well, well pretty much all the movies he was in had big box office takes. I am not sure how much Ron Howards daughter made in that tho??:01:
And the times as well, I mean look at Daniel Craig as bond, he blew away Pierce Brosnan revenue wise, in being a popular actor, i would think Brosnan was bigger at the time....

Funny what happens to some of these famous actors, and the movie just flops right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vjz1PgqwZg

But it also shows depending on the taste of people if the movie was really a flop in there eyes right;)

shaina
04-11-2018, 01:47 PM

You have to have some proven track record as a leading man/woman beyond one franchise ( Brolin isn't a leading man and no one is paying to see Hemsworth, Evans, Johansson or even better actors like Cumberbatch, Ruffalo, Del Toro, Elba outside their Thor, Captain America etc franchises.). Also rarely big bucks for one offs/ cameos/ guest appearances and then only to real superstars.

Ruffalo, Johansson:unsure:

Funny to make the pie bigger, and they see the response of the people viewing the movies, they end up staring in there own franchise movie...

Did you see this one in the theater Idol?? And what did you think of it??
My wife and kids went to see it and, the kids said it was ok, but my wife didn't really like it, yet most of the others in the franchise she did enjoy ......Truth i am a Bond guy so most of these i don't run to the theater to see, but so far Deadpool is still on top for me and yes i did go see that in the theater, and watched it many times at home as well:)

IdolEyes787
04-11-2018, 04:13 PM
Haven't seen Black Panther. Just not into the whole superhero thing anymore. I've heard it's good though.

Of course sometimes people feel they need to be so politically correct they inflate their opinions of certain things. See Moonlight where it's Academy Award for Best Picture and 98% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes doesn't line up with how movie goers actually feel about it on IMDB .ie It's Black and ghey for that's a immediate +6 from the critics.

Btw What is your opinion is the best Bond movie? Also. I'm so down for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D86RtevtfrA

shaina
04-12-2018, 02:04 PM
Btw What is your opinion is the best Bond movie? Also. I'm so down for this.

Deadpool 2: It really does look wicked!!:yup::D I don't think i will have time for a nap in the theater for this one either :lol:

My favorite Bond Movie: Hard to pick just one, but the fight would be Goldfinger, or Live and Let Die would be close to a tie...
But i think they hit it big casting Daniel Craig and his series of movies i really enjoyed , and the bottom of the list would be Timothy Dalton as Bond....

How about Bond Girls??
Solitaire (Jane Seymour),Natalya Simonova (Izabella Scorupco), Dr. Christmas Jones (Denise Richards), Elektra King (Sophie Marceau), Jinx (Stunning!! Halle Berry), Solange Dimitrios (Catherina Murino)....
:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjG65N-jbqw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx9z99YJ_7s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNMcZxyuf8Q

Bloody big ship, Caus you still have spots..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57Uy9jPxxwI

sana
04-13-2018, 10:54 AM
I watched Avatar,its an exellent movie..

Stehle
04-13-2018, 01:33 PM
Saw "A Quiet Place" a few nights ago... some good jolts. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR7cc5t7tv8

...any film that ends by racking a pump shotgun... Is just fine by me. ;)

(Yeah... that's the guy from "The Office".) :alien:

(...and a few of my cousins.) :alien:

hannibalx
04-13-2018, 07:10 PM
I love The Silence of the Lambs :happy:

Smoky007
04-14-2018, 02:20 PM
I saw Ready Player One last night. It was just good enough to keep me interested to the very end. Well done Mr. Spielberg.

Stehle
04-15-2018, 03:21 PM
I saw Ready Player One last night. It was just good enough to keep me interested to the very end. Well done Mr. Spielberg.

Read Ernest Cline's book for comparison. :)

(VERY Well done Ernest!) ;)

Markdc123
11-05-2018, 05:30 AM
Hi,
The last movie that I watched was Oceans 8. Although the movie had a huge female star cast and the storyline had a huge number of loopholes. The flow was disrupted and continuity was not explained. All in all, I would rate it 5 stars out of 10.

kruneph
08-31-2019, 02:55 PM
Dark Phoenix. Utter shite. I was trying to be creatively critical, but I couldn't find anything creative...

chenigula
09-03-2019, 09:02 AM
Just saw Dark Phoenix. Uninspired acting. Plot had holes like swiss cheese. Timeline was off and confusing. Special effects were ok. Don't really want to spoil it for anyone who was thinking of seeing it... but the ending was pretty lame. Really disappointing!

gyrospaz
02-02-2020, 11:41 PM
Joker, awesome movie except hollylame included a peado song in it by gary glitter (who is currently sitting in a prison getting rich off the royalties), so that upset the UK. So that pretty much ruined one of the best movies I've seen while.

kmsazal
02-27-2021, 03:47 PM
ALINA the battle angel..

Its really amazing SCI-fi movies. i seen it 3 time already.

Equalwings
08-28-2022, 01:29 AM
Carter.
Entertaining in a wonderfully silly & over the top way.

tacolou
11-25-2022, 09:19 PM
Joker. Hadn't seen it when it came out, but was certainly an interesting origin story for the Joker. But it also speaks to our society and how mental health conditions are perceived and often dismissed or overlooked.

anon
11-26-2022, 03:47 AM
it also speaks to our society and how mental health conditions are perceived and often dismissed or overlooked.

In the real world, the Jokester would have been zombified by happy pills so that his doctors could get a cut from the prescriptions. And yet, some people still have the nerve of demanding healthcare reform :dry:

Putra14
09-08-2023, 02:17 AM
The Nun II

Matildeline
09-10-2023, 04:10 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End(2007) and On Stranger Tide (2011). Johnny Depp's portrayal of Captain Jack Sparrow is nothing short of astonishing. His ability to immerse himself fully in the character, infusing it with eccentricity, wit, and charm, is truly remarkable. Depp's dedication to every detail, from the quirky mannerisms to the distinctive accent, showcases his exceptional acting prowess.

"Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" is a captivating adventure film that kickstarted a beloved franchise. Johnny Depp's iconic portrayal of Captain Jack Sparrow, with his eccentricity and humor, steals the show. The film weaves an engaging tale of pirates, curses, and treacherous seas, accompanied by impressive visual effects, swashbuckling action, and a memorable score by Hans Zimmer. Its success has had a lasting impact, leading to multiple sequels and a cultural phenomenon. With a perfect blend of humor, adventure, and memorable characters, it remains a modern classic in the genre, offering an enjoyable cinematic experience.

Caballero
09-13-2023, 09:44 PM
Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (or whatever it's called).

Was better than expected, which is a low bar after that Crystal Skull mess.

SantaKlaus666
10-25-2023, 09:11 AM
Killers of the Flower Moon,
I still enjoyed watching a Martin Scorsese. One of the greats. Still, it could have had a better pacing, although I never felt like looking at my watch. I liked how Lily Gladstone and Jesse Plemons stole every scene they were in. Finally, I'm not sure it would have been a better movie, if it would have gone with the perspective of the native's. Motivation of some of the characters weren't as clear.

NZBmee1
03-07-2024, 07:13 AM
Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (or whatever it's called).

Was better than expected, which is a low bar after that Crystal Skull mess.

ANYTHING is better than Crystal Skull mess...anything.