PDA

View Full Version : Last one to post wins the internets (archived)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22

Mr. Mulder
12-03-2013, 04:29 PM
Tesco left??? :eyebrows:

Snee
12-03-2013, 05:54 PM
Yes. Word on the street is a dope deal went bad, and he let rearlity take the heat for it, the magnificent bastard.

Snee
12-03-2013, 06:10 PM
Could someone like tesco up and fix the nzb search, already? Word on the street is that it's been broken for a while now. I don't really give a fuck about the news page not working, though. You can just delete the whole thing and redirect everyone directly to the forum instead. That'd be super cool, actually. It would save me some typing and/or clicking.

Skiz
12-03-2013, 07:06 PM
I think Mulder is looking for a job? :unsure:

Artemis
12-03-2013, 08:47 PM
Could someone like tesco up and fix the nzb search, already? Word on the street is that it's been broken for a while now. I don't really give a fuck about the news page not working, though. You can just delete the whole thing and redirect everyone directly to the forum instead. That'd be super cool, actually. It would save me some typing and/or clicking.
Weirdly enough it's random, some of the news articles are toast with the hilarious 'all remote hosts are unreachable' error whatever the fuck that is, while some still work :idunno:

Mr. Mulder
12-04-2013, 08:40 AM
I think Mulder is looking for a job? :unsure:

i could look after the servers if they're windows based?? :unsure: i could host them on my Nexus through a VM? I have about 4.5GB free, enough for 7 internets. My nexus is always with me so if the forum went down i could just turn it off and on again? But the forum would be offline everyday when i travel to and from work coz there's no 3G...

megabyteme
12-05-2013, 06:07 AM
i could look after the servers if they're windows based?? :unsure: i could host them on my Nexus through a VM? I have about 4.5GB free, enough for 7 internets. My nexus is always with me so if the forum went down i could just turn it off and on again? But the forum would be offline everyday when i travel to and from work coz there's no 3G...

So, basically, you are offering to upgrade our server by about 17 years.

I hope Santa is good to you this year. :)

Mr. Mulder
12-05-2013, 09:14 AM
On day 11 of working 12 days straight, i hate everything and everyone :emo: /wrists.

Barbarossa
12-05-2013, 12:23 PM
'sup

What have I missed?

Mr. Mulder
12-05-2013, 12:53 PM
Some of the most finest, illiterate gibberish known to internets :smilie4:

IdolEyes787
12-05-2013, 01:11 PM
On day 11 of working 12 days straight, i hate everything and everyone :emo: /wrists.

Look,I took Physics not English in skool so I can say for a fact FACT that what you do is not work.

Farmers "work".Garbage men "work".What you are doing is more like being paid to sit in a prison cell.:)

Mr. Mulder
12-05-2013, 01:16 PM
.....i'll work on filing down a network cable to use as a shank, then they'll see. You'll all see.... :sneaky:

IdolEyes787
12-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Also don't trust the screws,no matter what they tell you.

Something Else
12-05-2013, 01:29 PM
I get obsessed with stuff. My latest thing is Android rom / app / kernel development. :dry:

I've also got a new jawb in a call centre. I'm a broken man from climbing trees and chainsawing stuffs. :dabs:

Mr. Mulder
12-05-2013, 01:37 PM
I get obsessed with stuff. My latest thing is Android rom / app / kernel development. :dry:

I've also got a new jawb in a call centre. I'm a broken man from climbing trees and chainsawing stuffs. :dabs:

Look at you now, working for the man :no:

wot-r-ewe doing with android roms?? I forced on cyanogenmod t'other day :smilie4:

Something Else
12-05-2013, 02:15 PM
I've got a 2011 Xperia Active, and it only has 420mb internal storage :pinch:

I just fiddled with it a lot. :naughty:

I'm now running a custom 4.1.2 rom with a partitioned SD card. Working Gewgle Now and stuffs. It has that 'OK Gewgle' thing.

I've cunningly fooled the phone in to thinking that half of my SD card is internal storage, so now I can have tons of apps and stuff and it still runs smooth like an old man's tadger. :happy:

Mr. Mulder
12-05-2013, 02:19 PM
super smooth. :smilie4:

you need to get SLL Strip and Droidsheep then go sit in a faggy coffee shop on their wifi and start changing peoples facebewk profile pics to big black shlongs :01:

Something Else
12-05-2013, 02:41 PM
:brofist:

In other news, I just called Virgin media and got £19 a month off my 120mb interwebs cost and a free superhub 2 ftw. :smilie4:

Mr. Mulder
12-05-2013, 03:42 PM

Snee
12-05-2013, 05:06 PM
'sup

What have I missed?

...i've got a windows phone lyke and there's this mmorpg I’ve been doing some trolling on, I started it jus cos i woz bored on a long bus journey one day. But everyone was very mean to me, quite a few Chinese on there it seemed. They wouldn't give me any gems and stuffs so I went full on racist, telling them they're all a bunch of slanty eye'd dog munchers and that their mums made me an Alsatian sandwich after i fucked their sideways vaginas and beat to death their disappointed Asian fathers. Then I’d log on, claim that the server stank of noodles and logged back off and now it’s raining gems :smilie4: True story :smilie4:

Otherwise I dunno.

megabyteme
12-05-2013, 06:07 PM

So, a typical sales pitch involves, "I know your name and address, I have a chainsaw. The last 19 people have hung up on me. You REALLY do not want to be number 20. Care to buy some encyclopedias?"

Snee
12-05-2013, 06:35 PM
If he's gonna do it like that, it's a damned shame that good old callcenter dave ran away crying like a little girl and everything. I bet he'd have some pointers.

megabyteme
12-05-2013, 08:59 PM
Dave woulda already killed the first 19. Fact. :yup:

teflon05
12-05-2013, 09:04 PM
Dave woulda already killed the first 19. Fact. :yup:

He definitely would have said he did, in any case, & then would have went into detail about how he put their heads on poles & stuff.

Quarterquack
12-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Dave's strategy is to call more than once, obviousment.

Skiz
12-05-2013, 10:32 PM
Xmas avatars. :smilie4:

megabyteme
12-06-2013, 03:12 AM
I'm in the holiday spirit. :happy:

Artemis
12-06-2013, 03:15 AM
A skull with a Santa hat on it, how festive. :blink:

megabyteme
12-06-2013, 03:21 AM
A skull with a Santa hat on it, how festive. :blink:

It is a corporate Christmas spirit...

Mr. Mulder
12-06-2013, 08:58 AM
i need to crack open M$ paint if its krismus hat thyme.

Snee
12-06-2013, 06:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj25Pv-h-r0
:sage:

Alien5
12-06-2013, 07:17 PM
You're right man.

Alien5
12-06-2013, 07:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/TxI0iar.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/rcR7BWt.jpg

http://imgur.com/12TgQr8

http://I.imgur.com/tToqNGM.jpeg

http://I.imgur.com/qqfri4C.jpeg

http://I.imgur.com/Mcuul5X.jpeg

http://I.imgur.com/S2m5eLl.jpeg

TheFoX
12-06-2013, 10:28 PM
Too much.

Alien5
12-06-2013, 10:39 PM
Thanks. Piss off

Snee
12-07-2013, 12:12 AM
To be absolutely fair, you forgot the purple cock.

Skiz
12-07-2013, 02:17 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ZqysuDO.jpg

Artemis
12-07-2013, 03:00 AM
Nice!

I'm dreaming of a bukkake Christmas.....:naughty:

Damnatory
12-07-2013, 05:00 AM
This is probably the only place on the internet that someone can leave for years, come back and recognize more names than he doesn't.

Hi everyone!

Also, Mulder... It appears you have something in your eye. :fist:

mjmacky
12-07-2013, 07:59 AM
Nice!

So like, should I just DHL some semen to you?

Artemis
12-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Nice!

So like, should I just DHL some semen to you?

And they say the spirit of giving is dead.... :idunno:

dion09529
12-08-2013, 02:48 PM
+1 postcount.

Skiz
12-08-2013, 09:32 PM
Any of you Canadians been to Banff National Park? On my annual 2 week road trip I'll be going to Glacier National Park in Montana, but I'm wondering if it's worth the additional time to travel to Banff. :unsure:

Artemis
12-08-2013, 10:25 PM
Did you ever get to N.Z. like you were thinking of last year Skiz?

Skiz
12-08-2013, 10:52 PM
I haven't. Still on my list tho. Gonna get down there one of these days, I swear it. I've ended up needing to save a bit for a wedding trip I'm taking to Scotland in April.

IdolEyes787
12-08-2013, 11:53 PM
..... I'm wondering if it's worth the additional time to travel to Banff. :unsure:

Never been to Glacier but as,at least on paper, the two Parks seem to be quite similar I would say no.

Or if on the other hand may prescribed to the Emerson's adage that "Life is a journey,not a destination" in which case ,knock yourself out.

mjmacky
12-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Or if on the other hand may prescribed to the Emerson's adage that "Life is a journey,not a destination" in which case ,knock yourself out.

I don't think it would be much of a journey to pummel your own face. There are those who can serve as exceptions to that, but I'll leave you to fill in those names without my tainted input.

Hairbautt
12-09-2013, 12:38 PM
My spell check in Chrome refuses to correct words when selected.

Test Test.

Hairbautt
12-09-2013, 12:39 PM
Reset Test. Test Test.

Oh now it works. Douchebag.

Skiz
12-09-2013, 06:45 PM
Well, well... look what the cat drug in.

Skiz
12-09-2013, 06:48 PM
..... I'm wondering if it's worth the additional time to travel to Banff. :unsure:

Never been to Glacier but as,at least on paper, the two Parks seem to be quite similar I would say no.

We're thinking of doing Yoho as well now so I'm guessing we'll end up doing it a making some kind of loop. I see that Calgary is right there as well. Anything worth seeing there? I'll be looking up all these places further but, just asking.

dion09529
12-09-2013, 07:17 PM
Any of you Canadians been to Banff National Park? On my annual 2 week road trip I'll be going to Glacier National Park in Montana, but I'm wondering if it's worth the additional time to travel to Banff. :unsure:

I'm planning to visit Aleutian Islands sometime. I found out that the indigenous population, the Unangans, still living in caves, which I find quite interesting.

mjmacky
12-09-2013, 07:44 PM
still living in caves, which I find quite interesting.

Nostalgia is funny like that.

IdolEyes787
12-09-2013, 08:04 PM
We're thinking of doing Yoho as well now so I'm guessing we'll end up doing it a making some kind of loop. I see that Calgary is right there as well. Anything worth seeing there? I'll be looking up all these places further but, just asking.

When are you planning on visiting? If in the winter then staying indoors and trying not to freeze to death would probably be the prime attraction.

There's an Olympic Park were you can take a boblsled run with a pro (http://www.winsport.ca/activities/winteratcop/bobsleigh_rides.cfm) which would be majorly,once in a lifetime cool and also majorly expensive.

In the summer there's a World Heritage dinosaur park (http://www.albertaparks.ca/dinosaur.aspx) not too far away where the landscape is sort of otherworldly like around Grand Junction in Colorado if flatter.

There's also a lot of cowboy-type stuff to do and cowboy type food to eat so an ex-pat Texan like you would probably feel right at home if you ignore the accents.

I'd be happy to suggest stuff but to most people the Prairies are just a place to pass through on their way to BC so my hands-on knowledge is extremely limited.You'd probably be far better served Goggling or contacting their tourism board.

IdolEyes787
12-09-2013, 08:13 PM
I'm planning to visit Aleutian Islands sometime. I found out that the indigenous population, the Unangans, still living in caves, which I find quite interesting.

I'm assuming because you see it as such a mid boggling evolutionary step up from under a rock.

Skiz
12-09-2013, 09:21 PM

When are you planning on visiting? If in the winter then staying indoors and trying not to freeze to death would probably be the prime attraction.

There's an Olympic Park were you can take a boblsled run with a pro (http://www.winsport.ca/activities/winteratcop/bobsleigh_rides.cfm) which would be majorly,once in a lifetime cool and also majorly expensive.

In the summer there's a World Heritage dinosaur park (http://www.albertaparks.ca/dinosaur.aspx) not too far away where the landscape is sort of otherworldly like around Grand Junction in Colorado if flatter.

There's also a lot of cowboy-type stuff to do and cowboy type food to eat so an ex-pat Texan like you would probably feel right at home if you ignore the accents.

I'd be happy to suggest stuff but to most people the Prairies are just a place to pass through on their way to BC so my hands-on knowledge is extremely limited.You'd probably be far better served Goggling or contacting their tourism board.

Thanks for that. Annual road trip is in August. The plan is to camp everywhere unless circumstances don't allow.

If we were there in the winter, that bobsled ride looks pretty orsum, but $170? I bet they don't go top speed either, for safety and such. :ghey:

If I remember, I'll try to give a list of things we'll do as the time gets a bit closer.

mjmacky
12-09-2013, 09:36 PM
All I got was that idol told skiz to go to Colorado, where he's supposedly already been.

Nezart
12-10-2013, 01:43 AM
Can't beat Vancouver and Whistler

Skiz
12-10-2013, 05:35 AM

That's an 11 hour drive from Calgary. :dabs:

Those are places we'll visit when we do the Northwest. At some point in the next couple of years we'd like to head for Yosemite, then head north through the Pacific NW and up into Vancouver and surrounding areas. Trying to convince the missus that a drive all the way to Denali NP is worth it, but we'll need at least 3 weeks to make it worth it.

mjmacky
12-10-2013, 06:30 AM
That's an 11 hour drive

That's fucking nothing.

Skiz
12-10-2013, 07:20 AM
Considering it's 11 hours out of the way, it's quite a bit. That's a whole day of vacation. For something we're considering doing the following year anyhow.

Skiz
12-10-2013, 07:24 AM
In other news, the stingy fockers at Corsair neglected to include a cable kit in with my order so I've got a pile of hardware here to stare at. :emo:

megabyteme
12-10-2013, 08:14 AM

Those are places we'll visit when we do the Northwest. At some point in the next couple of years we'd like to head for Yosemite, then head north through the Pacific NW and up into Vancouver and surrounding areas. Trying to convince the missus that a drive all the way to Denali NP is worth it, but we'll need at least 3 weeks to make it worth it.

Banff is beautiful and the nicest area around there. I cannot say anything about the camping because after having a COMPLETE disappointing stay in Edmonton :sick: we were ready to splurge. We stayed at The Rimrock (http://www.rimrockresort.com/). Which is about as far from camping as possible. We have placed Banff on our places to see with the kids list, but we won't be going into the prairies again. Banff is AMAZING. See it. I'd bet you could plan your entire trip there and be pleased. Much nicer than West Yellowstone, as well.

Edmonton, on the other hand, was nothing but Americanized malls and fast food. On top of that, we had to use GPS just to get out of the shit city. It was like it didn't want to let go. No kidding...

Skiz
12-10-2013, 08:26 AM

Banff is beautiful and the nicest area around there. I cannot say anything about the camping because after having a COMPLETE disappointing stay in Edmonton :sick: we were ready to splurge. We stayed at The Rimrock (http://www.rimrockresort.com/). Which is about as far from camping as possible. We have placed Banff on our places to see with the kids list, but we won't be going into the prairies again. Banff is AMAZING. See it. I'd bet you could plan your entire trip there and be pleased. Much nicer than West Yellowstone, as well.

Edmonton, on the other hand, was nothing but Americanized malls and fast food. On top of that, we had to use GPS just to get out of the shit city. It was like it didn't want to let go. No kidding...

Excellent. Good to hear. Any suggestions on specific things to do? We're outdoor folks so we'll definitely be hiking and canoeing (if they don't have kayaks). I'm thinking two full days there is enough?

megabyteme
12-10-2013, 09:05 AM
Excellent. Good to hear. Any suggestions on specific things to do? We're outdoor folks so we'll definitely be hiking and canoeing (if they don't have kayaks). I'm thinking two full days there is enough?

We burnt up most of our available time traveling to Edmonton, and used Banff to salvage the trip. We spent 2 (maybe 3) days there, but that was mostly in the town and/or at the resort. I'd check out specific opportunities (such as kayaking) before going, but you will have no shortage of beautiful places to explore. The amazing photos you see are not simply "best of the area", but all around you there. We wouldn't call ourselves outdoor people, but we do own a couple nice kayaks which would find great use there.

There were lots of people doing "outdoors" stuff as we made our way out. There are several campgrounds (http://www.banfflakelouise.com/Places-to-Stay/Campgrounds) (Plan ahead as I seem to remember something about one of the major places being booked /filled up- and that may be common. If you cannot find a place to stay, you are a long ways from anywhere else.). I seriously doubt you'd run out of things to do in a week unless you really want to move on to other areas. We were very pleased there, and we didn't even venture in directly.

IdolEyes787
12-10-2013, 01:12 PM

It's a road trip so he probably assumed you wanted to spend as much time as possible on the the road.

Anyway as luck would have it I happen to know a woman who spent two years as director of fitness or something at a ritzy Banff resort so the next time I see her,I shall ask her about stuff.

I assume you like yoga and shopping and other similar things that women are knowledgeable about.

IdolEyes787
12-10-2013, 01:28 PM

I've heard that only an idiot would vacation in Edmonton so I'm glad to see that I wasn't being misled.:)

Conversely love to drive/ride the Alaska Highway even though I've heard that there's a couple of "challenging" stretches.
Also it goes through Dawson's Creek and I could find out what Pacey's been up to.

mjmacky
12-10-2013, 03:31 PM
Considering it's 11 hours out of the way, it's quite a bit. That's a whole day of vacation. For something we're considering doing the following year anyhow.

That's also the beauty of it, nothing is out of the way on a vacation/road trip. An 11 hour detour during a commute to work, I'd grant you the out of the wayness there.

megabyteme
12-10-2013, 04:19 PM
I've heard that only an idiot would vacation in Edmonton so I'm glad to see that I wasn't being misled.:)

Yeah, we assumed it was some kind of Canadian joke aimed at luring unsuspecting idiots Americans. Seriously HATED our time there.

mjmacky
12-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Aren't all of these "places", including Edmonton, just the teams in Blades of Steel?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0TWOWjpEnI

Snee
12-10-2013, 09:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ1Fbr02fXQ

Skiz
12-11-2013, 08:10 AM
I used to play the shit out of Blades of Steel along with Double Dribble and Tecmo Bowl.

After blowing on the contacts of the cartridges of course.

Skiz
12-11-2013, 08:13 AM
video about stuff and bits and stuff.

Seems legit.

Mr. Mulder
12-11-2013, 01:13 PM
d00dz. :smilie4:

split my trousers in a comical fashion at work :emo: i was moving a printer, bent down to pick it up only to receive a full on bottom rip, the trousers gray, the boxers white with fcuk written all over them (for the ladies) so that they stood out magnificently. Luckily it was in the server room and no one saw. I put my long coat on which just about covered the damage and walked round the corner to buy some of Primark’s £8, child labour replacement trousers. They seem sturdy enough... .....for now.......

megabyteme
12-11-2013, 01:25 PM
white with fcuk written all over them

Makes the hole story work. :lol:

Mr. Mulder
12-11-2013, 01:58 PM
...i see what you did there :sneaky:

megabyteme
12-11-2013, 03:05 PM
:shifty:

Mr. Mulder
12-11-2013, 04:07 PM
:sly:

dion09529
12-11-2013, 04:15 PM
:drummer:

Mr. Mulder
12-12-2013, 08:48 AM
:drummer:

On the subject of your faggy avatar, i finished reading this yesterday:

its a good book lyke, proving that anonymous is 99.9% made up of script kiddies and general faggots with no IT skills. It shows how every major online event was constructed by around 5 to 6 people with actual IT knowledge, 4 of which got arrested. How utterly pointless the anon masks are given that Time Warner made money off every one sold. And how everyone betrayed the fuck out of each other once the Feds pieced everything together.

137796 137799

The people behind Paypal, HBGary, Sony, Mastercard and SOCA hacks. The three on the left all facing two years max. The one on the right who informed on the other three has yet to go to trial.

Interesting stuffs :eyebrows:

lulzsec > /b/ > anon

Snee
12-12-2013, 05:21 PM
its a good book lyke, proving that anonymous is 99.9% made up of script kiddies and general faggots with no IT skills. It shows how every major online event was constructed by around 5 to 6 people with actual IT knowledge, 4 of which got arrested. How utterly pointless the anon masks are given that Time Warner made money off every one sold. And how everyone betrayed the fuck out of each other once the Feds pieced everything together.
I thought everyone except people who work in media knew that anonymous is just random 4chan riff raff and various hangers on :eyebrows:

megabyteme
12-12-2013, 06:00 PM
> anon

That's blasphemy around here, man. :no:

Skiz
12-12-2013, 06:28 PM
Fuck sake. "Reading" the news is a pain in the ass anymore. Too often I click a headline to read an article and it's a fucking video with a 40 second commercial in front of it.

Artemis
12-12-2013, 10:59 PM
Fuck sake. "Reading" the news is a pain in the ass anymore. Too often I click a headline to read an article and it's a fucking video with a 40 second commercial in front of it.

Or option B, you click on a headline to be taken to another site and told you aren't a subscriber and that you need to create an account and for only X number of dollars you can be enjoying all of the content....fuck off.

anon
12-13-2013, 01:24 AM
That's blasphemy around here, man. :no:

:blushing:

Or option B, you click on a headline to be taken to another site and told you aren't a subscriber and that you need to create an account and for only X number of dollars you can be enjoying all of the content....fuck off.

Try changing your browser's User-Agent string to Googlebot. Many of these sites don't check for any other search engine spider behavior and will happily let you read whatever you want.

IdolEyes787
12-13-2013, 01:37 AM
So basically television.

Mr. Mulder
12-13-2013, 07:57 AM
I thought everyone except people who work in media knew that anonymous is just random 4chan riff raff and various hangers on :eyebrows:

Lies. :no: everyone knows that every last one of them are super wizard class hackers with superhawt Pentium 4's and Julian Assange hiding in their desk drawers #downwithtehgovernments

Mr. Mulder
12-13-2013, 08:34 AM
/in other emo news, I cannot be fucked today :emo: coming down with some sort of Christmas aids, there's shit leaking out of all my face holes.

HR keeps harassing me to do this bullshit health in the work place assessment which is an online test that makes sure you know how to stare at your monitors without your eyes exploding. It tells you to take regular breaks from the screen despite them telling me off last week for having too many smoke breaks. They don't understand me, just like my parents :emo: :emo: :emo:

…and I made an M$ Lync server yesterday but it doesn’t work :emo: :emo: :emo: :emo: :emo:

Skiz
12-13-2013, 09:04 AM
:blushing:

Try changing your browser's User-Agent string to Googlebot. Many of these sites don't check for any other search engine spider behavior and will happily let you read whatever you want.

Tell me more... :sly:

Skiz
12-13-2013, 09:04 AM
Sounds like allergies, Muld.

Mr. Mulder
12-13-2013, 09:12 AM
allergic to NAZI BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!

teflon05
12-13-2013, 01:14 PM
heh heh...Christmas Aids. I like it :bleh:

Mr. Mulder
12-13-2013, 01:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7HkG6OSo3E

31 days and it's back!11111

anon
12-13-2013, 02:29 PM

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/user-agent-switcher-for-c/djflhoibgkdhkhhcedjiklpkjnoahfmg
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/user-agent-selector/fnbmdojpgjpmjjmnjdnbobcdhenmmgod

I didn't try them, but one of them should work. You can do this from the developer console without installing anything, but of course, extensions are more intuitive.

Skiz
12-13-2013, 07:55 PM

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/user-agent-switcher-for-c/djflhoibgkdhkhhcedjiklpkjnoahfmg
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/user-agent-selector/fnbmdojpgjpmjjmnjdnbobcdhenmmgod

I didn't try them, but one of them should work. You can do this from the developer console without installing anything, but of course, extensions are more intuitive.

I'll check that out when the new build is finished.

Skiz
12-13-2013, 07:56 PM
Going to sell ye olde pc on Craigslist. $500 sounds quite fair I think.

CPU - Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.7GHz
Motherboard - GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3 LGA motherboard
RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (DDR3 1600)
EVGA GTX 550ti
EVGA 8800 GTX (great as a dedicated Physx card)
SSD - 128GB Crucial M4
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM
PSU - Corsair modular HX750
Cooler Master 690 case
Fresh install of Windows 8 Pro-64 bit (bootleg; preactivated)

Artemis
12-13-2013, 10:01 PM
Skiz if you upgraded the RAM and the graphics card on that system there is only minor advantages (mainly power savings & PCIE 3) in going to a Haswell based PC?

Skiz
12-13-2013, 10:37 PM
Was that a question?

megabyteme
12-13-2013, 11:24 PM
Fresh install of Windows 8 Pro-64 bit (bootleg; preactivated)

Aren't you a bit concerned about this? *

*Just a question. During XP's life-cycle I insisted that friends/family purchase an OEM/Academic version. I must have sold a dozen copies of the OS for Micro$oft without a cent of commission. :frusty: However, what would the repercussions be the person buying your machine found out it was bootleg and reported you? Are you meeting the potential buyers at your home?

Skiz
12-13-2013, 11:46 PM
I'm not going to lie to anyone. The last thing I want to do it cheat/scam a buyer. I'm going to outright tell them it's bootleg. If they're ok with it, great. If not, I'll format the drive with dban or something and they can acquire their own OS. The only other alternative is putting Linux on it but I wouldn't want the fact that it's Linux to scare buyers away either.

I guess I could say it comes with no OS, but Windows 8 could be installed free of charge, and then tell them what it is over the phone or in person when they arrive. :idunno:

Artemis
12-13-2013, 11:50 PM
Skiz if you upgraded the RAM and the graphics card on that system there is only minor advantages (mainly power savings & PCIE 3) in going to a Haswell based PC?

Was that a question?

Errr.... yes it was, I thought the question mark at the end was a hint, but maybe I should have been clearer, I would have thought that upgrading the RAM and graphics would have been more cost effective and the advantages of upgrading to a generation 4 i5 from a generation 3 (like yours) are only slight (as I mentioned mainly a power savings of 10% and PCIE 3), therefore cost versus gain wouldn't be that advantageous. If get a good return for your old setup it will offset the cost, but secondhand goods go for notoriously cheap prices.

Skiz
12-14-2013, 12:09 AM
Arty, the original comment read like a statement so I wasn't sure.

There were most definitely more cost effective ways of upgrading but it had been two years since I'd built myself anything new, and even that was still just a parts upgrade. I hadn't built myself anything entirely new in about 5 years so I think I just got the itch.

It started out with me wanting a new case. I could have gone with the same GPU, a 32GB memory upgrade. But to get the same performance out of my 2500K I would have had to do some overclocking, which also meant upgrading my default heatsink. After looking at everything that was going to be upgraded - case, RAM, GPU, cooling, and overclocking, I just started to look at starting fresh.

megabyteme
12-14-2013, 12:40 AM
I'm not going to lie to anyone. The last thing I want to do it cheat/scam a buyer. I'm going to outright tell them it's bootleg. If they're ok with it, great. If not, I'll format the drive with dban or something and they can acquire their own OS. The only other alternative is putting Linux on it but I wouldn't want the fact that it's Linux to scare buyers away either.

I guess I could say it comes with no OS, but Windows 8 could be installed free of charge, and then tell them what it is over the phone or in person when they arrive. :idunno:

It is a fine balancing point. I am not sure of the current methods for installing Win8, but maybe the best (and safest) option for you might have something to do with installing but not entering a serial number. If the buyer has issues, they can purchase one. If they don't (and don't give you any indication of trouble), hand them a printed one on a piece of paper as they leave. Something like that.

Skiz
12-14-2013, 01:07 AM
I use the "Pre-activated" versions so there's no serial to enter at all.

I changed the listing to something like, Windows 8 can be installed at not charge if you like.

megabyteme
12-14-2013, 02:12 AM
Maybe something like, "Win8 cna be negotiated, if desired". I doubt M$ is trolling private sellers, but I do know they successfully sued a small business that was selling machines without proper licenses a few years back.

What does a general Craig's List ad read on the subject? Certainly you are not alone. I'm just suggesting it is best to not stand out. :ninja:

Damnatory
12-14-2013, 05:19 AM
I'm not going to lie to anyone. The last thing I want to do it cheat/scam a buyer. I'm going to outright tell them it's bootleg. If they're ok with it, great.

I'd say that is probably the best choice. Craigslist buyers aren't really known for their fucks given. "Does it turn on? Cool, can we stop having this awkward encounter now? Awesome."

TheFoX
12-14-2013, 04:34 PM
Just tell them that it came 'pre-installed'.

Artemis
12-15-2013, 08:14 AM

There were most definitely more cost effective ways of upgrading but it had been two years since I'd built myself anything new, and even that was still just a parts upgrade. I hadn't built myself anything entirely new in about 5 years so I think I just got the itch.

It started out with me wanting a new case. I could have gone with the same GPU, a 32GB memory upgrade. But to get the same performance out of my 2500K I would have had to do some overclocking, which also meant upgrading my default heatsink. After looking at everything that was going to be upgraded - case, RAM, GPU, cooling, and overclocking, I just started to look at starting fresh.

Since other 'members' of this forum (I use the term in all it's connotations)had recently given me grief over an upgrade of mine, I was being slightly douchey and sharing the love :naughty: I do understand the itch and there are arguments for starting from scratch although on the subject of CPU cooling, particularly if you are entertaining the thought of overclocking, have you looked into closed loop liquid cooling? (not a statement).
There are several respected brands now manufacturing liquid coolers, and the prices are comparable to aftermarket CPU coolers with far better results.

Skiz
12-15-2013, 07:36 PM

Since other 'members' of this forum (I use the term in all it's connotations)had recently given me grief over an upgrade of mine, I was being slightly douchey and sharing the love :naughty: I do understand the itch and there are arguments for starting from scratch although on the subject of CPU cooling, particularly if you are entertaining the thought of overclocking, have you looked into closed loop liquid cooling? (not a statement).
There are several respected brands now manufacturing liquid coolers, and the prices are comparable to aftermarket CPU coolers with far better results.

They look cool and do the job, but the maintenance free H100i should be more than enough to keep it very cool, especially since it isn't even overclocked.

If I ever get the itch to do that, I think I'll solicit clocker to spend a day assembling it all with me. I've been watching his builds for a decade now.

Artemis
12-15-2013, 10:27 PM

They look cool and do the job, but the maintenance free H100i should be more than enough to keep it very cool, especially since it isn't even overclocked.

If I ever get the itch to do that, I think I'll solicit clocker to spend a day assembling it all with me. I've been watching his builds for a decade now.

I forgot you had a Corsair H100i, that is exactly the type of cooler I was referring to by closed loop liquid cooling, I'll shut up now.....

Skiz
12-16-2013, 02:23 AM

I forgot you had a Corsair H100i, that is exactly the type of cooler I was referring to by closed loop liquid cooling, I'll shut up now.....

Ah. I thought you were talking about a standard liquid cooled system, not the all in ones.

Artemis
12-16-2013, 07:46 AM
I've got an Antec H2o 920 myself and I think that the all in ones or closed loop liquid coolers are brilliant, I like the Antec because it has a USB connector and monitoring software, but they run your system a great deal cooler and quieter and are actually cheaper than some of the big aftermarket air coolers.

Mr. Mulder
12-18-2013, 08:46 AM
Dawgs :smilie4:

Been off work for days, i gots the bronchitis!1

Skiz
12-18-2013, 06:14 PM
Aka smokers cough. :no:

Hairbautt
12-19-2013, 07:30 AM
Word Games (http://filesharingtalk.com/forums/146-Word-Games)

(1 Viewing)
Play silly word games here. If you don't know what a word game is take a look at threads in here.
(Your bored most likely.)

Uhhhhhhhh........

Mr. Mulder
12-19-2013, 08:54 AM
Aka smokers cough. :no:

word. :sadwalk:

i've been on the nicotine gum for three days now, the very thought of having a fag disgusts me :emo:

Skiz
12-19-2013, 09:33 AM
Smoked for 11 years. Quitting was one of the toughest things I ever did but prob the most rewarding. I can't stand to be around ppl that are smoking now. I just got it in my head one day that I wanted to quit and did the whole thing cold turkey.

/:ghey:

Skiz
12-19-2013, 09:34 AM
Plus, this sexsay girl I was dating at the time wouldn't come near me if I had been smoking. :no:

Skiz
12-19-2013, 09:34 AM
I wrote a huge post about it all somewhere here when I quit but I've no doubt the bad aids deleted it long ago.

Mr. Mulder
12-19-2013, 10:21 AM
Plus, this sexsay girl I was dating at the time

pics/n00dz plz :eyebrows:

Snee
12-19-2013, 07:06 PM
Word Games (http://filesharingtalk.com/forums/146-Word-Games)

(1 Viewing)
Play silly word games here. If you don't know what a word game is take a look at threads in here.
(Your bored most likely.)

Uhhhhhhhh........
It's what happens when people leave reality alone to run the place.

Well, that, broken searches, and an unhealthy obsession with facebook.

Mr. Mulder
12-20-2013, 08:32 AM
i had a facebook up until last year when i realised i hated everyone and deleted it :eyebrows:

Mr. Mulder
12-20-2013, 01:21 PM
so far this Christmas I’ve been given a bottle of vodka and two bottles of wine. I don't drink and still have last years under the sink. I wish it was the norm to give people legos instead :dabs:

IdolEyes787
12-20-2013, 01:35 PM
I'm sure if you go to some Junior High School you 'd have no problem trading the booze for Lego.

Snee
12-20-2013, 08:11 PM
so far this Christmas I’ve been given a bottle of vodka and two bottles of wine. I don't drink and still have last years under the sink. I wish it was the norm to give people legos instead :dabs:

I'm giving away Legos this year. True fact. But not to you :sly:

Snee
12-20-2013, 08:12 PM
And I've been given alcohol too :dabs:

Also candy and a gift card, from teh company.

Something Else
12-21-2013, 09:57 PM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009NBRXSE/?tag=ho01f-21

Bluetooth phone gloves.

Win, just a gimmick to make you look mental in public, or something else.

Snee
12-21-2013, 11:00 PM
Yeah, I've been planning on getting some for a while now, when they started selling them at a store not far from work this week.

megabyteme
12-21-2013, 11:06 PM
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009NBRXSE/?tag=ho01f-21

Bluetooth phone gloves.

Win, just a gimmick to make you look mental in public, or something else.

A mentalist review:

These gloves work a treat.Good sound quality,they connected to my phone without any problem so i can`t wait for the cold weather to arrive.

In other words, he can't wait for his hands to get cold so he can put his gloves on and talk into his thumb. :pinch:

TheFoX
12-22-2013, 02:34 AM
That's like someone getting a kevlar vest, then waiting for some one to shoot him in the chest with a high powered sniper rifle, just so he can boast that he is wearing such a vest. As for me, I'd rather use my hands and count my blessings that we have fine summer to look forward to. No one should wish for an arctic winter, just to try out a pair of gloves.

mjmacky
12-22-2013, 10:05 AM
I don't know, I bought some glue that is specifically designed to be an alternative to bandages, and I couldn't wait to cut myself.

Artemis
12-22-2013, 10:50 AM
That's like someone getting a kevlar vest, then waiting for some one to shoot him in the chest with a high powered sniper rifle, just so he can boast that he is wearing such a vest. As for me, I'd rather use my hands and count my blessings that we have fine summer to look forward to. No one should wish for an arctic winter, just to try out a pair of gloves.

I don't know about you, but it's the middle of a beautiful summer here..... It's just really weird seeing all the Christmas scenes with snow and everyone dressed warmly while it's scorching hot and everyone relaxes and goes to the beach or has a barbecue on Christmas day.

TheFoX
12-22-2013, 11:39 AM
I don't know, I bought some glue that is specifically designed to be an alternative to bandages, and I couldn't wait to cut myself.

Try Superglue. It was originally designed to stick flesh back together, and has found markets in other sticky areas. I use it a lot when I slice my hands with all the crap I have to handle. Metal fillings, slivers and swarf can all cause all manner of injuries, and the old SG works a treat at closing fissures in the skin.

TheFoX
12-22-2013, 11:43 AM

I don't know about you, but it's the middle of a beautiful summer here..... It's just really weird seeing all the Christmas scenes with snow and everyone dressed warmly while it's scorching hot and everyone relaxes and goes to the beach or has a barbecue on Christmas day.

It always makes me laugh when they film Christmas scenes in the middle of summer. Of course, they need to plan six months ahead, because they are vapid individuals who cannot even control their own bowel movements, and the celebs they employ to promote their product or service probably wants Chritsmas off anyway (I know it is Christmas, but those born in Essex, such as Joey, have trouble with the alphabet, or telling the time).

TheFoX
12-22-2013, 11:47 AM
I think a better gadget would be the phone cock. It is a condom with bluetooth connectivity that connects to your smartphone, and allows your secretary to give you head while answering your phone. It is also brilliant if your missus catches you getting head, as you can simply tell her that your secretary was answering the phone (in her stockings and suspenders).

Alternatively, the fanny mike would also be a good gadget to have. You could have a conversation while munching.

megabyteme
12-22-2013, 03:50 PM
Alternatively, the fanny mike would also be a good gadget to have. You could have a conversation while munching.

fanny[ˈfænɪ]n pl -nies Slang

1. Taboo Brit the female genitals

2.Chiefly US and Canadian the buttocks

:lol::lol::glag: To each his own...

Mr. Mulder
12-23-2013, 08:37 AM
Morning slags :smilie4:

just me and a couple others in t'office today, no bawbag bosses or project managers. Today I will mostly be taking one million smoke breaks and doing whatever the heck i flipping want to :smilie4:

chalice
12-23-2013, 09:17 PM
Went for a job interview this morning in the Siberian wilderness of Airport Road West. The most westerly of all roads known to humankind. Spent the week previous doing masterly sums and swotting up on income tax law like a Pickwickian slaveling. I was aware of a stipulated aptitude test, so I did my utmost to program my battered grey matter to accommodate formulas untold and not very interesting. All for nought, of course. When I sat down to do the test a heavy, blinding mist descended and I fucked it up to the max. Knew it. Considered walking out there and then. Interview be fucked. I didn't though.

Luckily I was put immediately at my ease by two women of certain ages. Women of certain ages are my forte. My comfort zone, as it were. I flapped my jaw like a good'un and suddenly an hour had passed. I had them enraptured. Never had they encountered such charm, wit, aplomb, desperation. Left the building like I was fucking Elvis, knowing I'd botched aforementioned test and I might as well submerge myself in the conveniently positioned Irish Sea and forget all about it.

Trudged a sorry retreat back into Belfast. Four and half torrential miles, feeling sorry for myself and had a consolatory pint in the cheapest dive I could find with comfortable seats. Overwhelmed by solitude I took a bus home. Despised everyone on the bus with their Christmas cheer and cumbersome over-wrapped luggage. Got a phone call from the agency wot arranged the interview. I only went and fucking got the fucking job, innit. Start January 6th.

Thing is, now I'm birthing hippoes cos it's subject to a security screening. Remember I got cautioned for dope possession? Therein lies my fret. If that shows up I'm fucked. Nothing is ever simple. I borrowed all that charisma for nothing and now I've gotta pay it back with interest.

Artemis
12-23-2013, 09:40 PM
You got cautioned, you didn't get nicked, you aren't the next Ronny Biggs, it isn't even a diversion, just a smack on the hand with a soggy bus ticket 'Oi spotty if I catch you at that again......'.
So Mr Master Criminal I don't think you are going to rate a blip on the collective radar screen. Now if you if you had been using you cock in a puppet show at the local kindergarten....

chalice
12-23-2013, 09:49 PM
Those were calming words, Artifice, but are you a fucking solicitor or what? Cos if you're not, you're just filling me full of ill-founded bollocks.

Convince me, with internets evidence that the words you speak are true. What the fuck would you know anyway? You live in New Zealand, for fuck sake. They haven't gotten round to actually having their laws written down.

IdolEyes787
12-23-2013, 10:16 PM
Went for a job interview this morning .......

Too bad no one's invented a job that involves writing because you'd probably do well at something like that.

Also I'm pretty sure if someone did invent a job that involves writing,the use of drugs and alcohol would be more or less mandatory so you'd probably have no need to worry.

chalice
12-23-2013, 10:26 PM
:eyebrows:

Shucks. Coming from anyone else I'd take that as a compliment or something.

Artemis
12-23-2013, 10:29 PM
Those were calming words, Artifice, but are you a fucking solicitor or what? Cos if you're not, you're just filling me full of ill-founded bollocks.

Convince me, with internets evidence that the words you speak are true. What the fuck would you know anyway? You live in New Zealand, for fuck sake. They haven't gotten round to actually having their laws written down.
Shows what you know, bogtrotter. Being yet another colonial possession Kiwiland got to inherit all of Britain's legal and constitutional framework, as a result we have weird laws that do not even slightly pertain to life in terra incognita australis. Also since more than one of my relatives is a black sheep of the family, I've seen the british legal system in action a few times over the years, and it is as girly and hesitant to punish some evil fucker that desperately deserves it as the namby pamby version here, unless as I mentioned you were using your dick for a sock puppet, then you are well and truly stuffed.
There was a Ponzi scheme here last year, the main culprit got 5 years for $150 million and there is still millions outstanding, so financial crime is well worth doing (I'd go to one of our prison resorts for a few years with the promise a few million dollars at the other end).
So Ronny, back to my original premise..... I don't think you really rate a blip on the radar squire.

chalice
12-23-2013, 10:36 PM
How does this assist me, you expatriated ginger, miserly fucker?

Artemis
12-23-2013, 10:42 PM
How does this assist me, you expatriated ginger, miserly fucker?

My soothing words were meant to assuage your fears and calm your febrile palpitations. :idunno:

IdolEyes787
12-23-2013, 10:43 PM

If you're waiting for a hug you'll be waiting a long time.

Anyway I see you have a bad case of the OlegLs and you feel the need to turn something positive into some negative so carry on up the Khyber.

chalice
12-23-2013, 10:54 PM

If you're waiting for a hug you'll be waiting a long time.

Anyway I see you have a bad case of the OlegLs and you feel the need to turn something positive into some negative so carry on up the Khyber.

When I was a sprogling, Carry On films were forbidden. When I was apprehended viewing them the TV would be invariably switched to something mundane as fuck. British institution you see. Same goes for established British sitcoms. Dad's Army, It Ain't 'Alf Hot, Mum, The Good Life, To The Manor Born. Loads. They preferred I'd watch The Exorcist. Not a peep when I watched Saturday night horror films. But they got somewhat apoplectic listening to British canned laughter.

In this respect they became more interesting to me. Taboo. Looking at them now, they're pure wank. I'm over the gulity pleasure thing and can see the artlessness in it, innit.

IdolEyes787
12-23-2013, 11:13 PM
I hope you're not suggesting that a bunch of unattractive and unlikable middle age people doing the same lame and highly sexist material over and over isn't highly entertaining.

Artemis
12-23-2013, 11:15 PM
Just a thought, but with your accountancy background you could emigrate and start your own Ponzi scheme Chavis? :naughty:

chalice
12-23-2013, 11:22 PM
As long as I can get to fuck your finest, most attractive horses unimpeded I'm there, Artichoke.

chalice
12-23-2013, 11:28 PM
I hope you're not suggesting that a bunch of unattractive and unlikable middle age people doing the same lame and highly sexist material over and over isn't highly entertaining.

Sid James is my least favorite cunt ever, and I hate a serious amount of cunts. True story. If that cunt were alive today, what with all his sleazy, leering shite, they'd bring back hanging and he wouldn't be alive for long.

I'm hoping they reinstate it on a singular basis for Rolf Harris. Cartoon time will never be the same again. Every time I try to paint a masterpiece, I'll have his peadophilic shadow spoiling all my light. What a cunt.

Artemis
12-23-2013, 11:32 PM
As long as I can get to fuck your finest, most attractive horses unimpeded I'm there, Artichoke.
Best bring a ladder then....

Artemis
12-23-2013, 11:38 PM

Sid James is my least favorite cunt ever, and I hate a serious amount of cunts. True story. If that cunt were alive today, what with all his sleazy, leering shite, they'd bring back hanging and he wouldn't be alive for long.

I'm hoping they reinstate it on a singular basis for Rolf Harris. Cartoon time will never be the same again. Every time I try to paint a masterpiece, I'll have his peadophilic shadow spoiling all my light. What a cunt.

Rolf is an even bigger cunt for me since I grew up with the Rolf Harris show, and him doing his murals with a large paintbrush as part of the show, I used to sing 'tie me kangaroo down sport' as a kid......a complete and utter cunt....

So when are you moving out?

Mr. Mulder
12-24-2013, 09:36 AM
Morning cunts.

It's all wet and shit outside.

Artemis
12-24-2013, 09:48 AM
It's fucking summer here!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

IdolEyes787
12-24-2013, 01:30 PM
I froze rain for 60 hours straight over the weekend and now the trees have all decided to break apart so go fuck yourselves.

TheFoX
12-24-2013, 01:58 PM
I froze rain for 60 hours straight over the weekend and now the trees have all decided to break apart so go fuck yourselves.

Who the fuck do you think you are? GOD?

So, how did you freeze the rain but, more importantly, why did you freeze the rain? What was the purpose of this divine intervention on your part?

Or are you an egomaniac who thinks you are a god?

Don't bother to answer if you don't want to. I won't push you, just in case you decide to cause an earthquake where I live.

(Fucking deities. They all think they are all powerful.)

Mr. Mulder
12-24-2013, 02:32 PM
pm me if you wanna know how to make ice or water soup, i totally know the ingredients... :shifty:

Mr. Mulder
12-24-2013, 03:21 PM
looks like i can't get a train to London and spend Christmas with family and stuffs, which means i get to go home and smoke a massive bag of green and generally masturbate until just steam comes out. The misses says to stay at hers with her family but that's hella lame, she's not the president of Christmas and therefore can't tell me what to do. :snooty:

anon
12-26-2013, 01:35 AM
It's fucking summer here!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

As well as here :dry:

Everyone in the city has their ACs running and the power grid just can't deal with the extreme demands. I'm lucky enough for blackouts to have been few and far between for now, but some neighborhoods haven't had electricity for ten-plus days.

Same shit every year.

Stehle
12-27-2013, 03:55 AM
yes so... it's 80° out, but we haven't had a decent fuckin rain storm in 3 months! :cry:

(Santa I was good all year, but now I'm pissed!) :alien:

Mr. Mulder
12-27-2013, 11:58 AM
what it is, douchebags!!!1 :smilie4:

working from home today innit, its pretty sweet. I waked and baked and watched 6 hours of 24 so far, stopping for 5 minutes to unlock someone's account.

in other news, someones given me a broken xbawx 360 (as they got the new one) saying its either some red ring or just the mains that don't work. I've never fixed an xbox before, are all red rings fixable without buying additional parts? :eyebrows:

TheFoX
12-27-2013, 12:00 PM
I've found the best bit of kit for fixing anything electrical is a hammer. Just keep beating it until it starts working again. Works every time without fail.

megabyteme
12-27-2013, 12:06 PM
are all red rings fixable without buying additional parts? :eyebrows:

I think a red ring means you put yer finger in too far. :idunno:

Mr. Mulder
12-27-2013, 12:07 PM
before or after pissing on it and inserting a 3.5 floppy (oo-err) of Doom? I assume that's what all the kids still play? :eyebrows:

TheFoX
12-27-2013, 04:21 PM
Ah, DOOM.

I remember arguing with this Cornish retard that DOOM first appeared on a PC (A x286 to be precise, for me), long before Nintendo got hold of it for the Nintendo64. He insisted that the PC version was a port of the Nintendo version, to which I told him to go back to shagging sheep.

I had the shareware version until I finally bought the Ultimate DOOM.

After this came Quake, then Quake II.

I also had a copy of Wolfenstein 3D, which was a remake of the original Wolfenstein, which was, for all intents and purposes, the original 3D shooter.

Mind you, LucasArts added their bit with Dark Forces, adding the ability to look up and down, and different altitude levels within a level, so you could jump off things and kill yourself when you hit the bottom.

Mr. Mulder
12-27-2013, 05:02 PM
you said bottom. :blushing:

Lucas Art's Grim Fandango is my favourite gayme of all time evar. True boring story.

IdolEyes787
12-27-2013, 08:57 PM

working from home today innit, its pretty sweet. I waked and baked and watched 6 hours of 24 so far, stopping for 5 minutes to unlock someone's account.

in other news, someones given me a broken xbawx 360 (as they got the new one) saying its either some red ring or just the mains that don't work. I've never fixed an xbox before, are all red rings fixable without buying additional parts? :eyebrows:

There's a bunch of stuff on the Googlenet on how to fix old Xboxes and it looks pretty easy.
Which is of course to say that by grim experience there is no fucking way that a normal adult is going to be able to do it.

I suggest you find a 12 year old as they seem to know all about this stuff and pay him off in drugs and by "drugs" I mean some oregano and catnip put in a plastic bag labelled "Pot".

Artemis
12-28-2013, 12:52 AM

..... I've never fixed an xbox before, are all red rings fixable without buying additional parts? :eyebrows:

So do you want a sane answer to that question (since you poasted it in the lounge) or a typical wank response? :blink:

megabyteme
12-28-2013, 01:32 AM
I remember arguing with this Cornish retard that DOOM first appeared on a PC

We all know it originated as a movie of the same name starring The Rock in 2005.

IdolEyes787
12-28-2013, 01:38 AM
Ironically The Rock originated in a 1996 movie of the same name starring Nicholas Cage.

TheFoX
12-28-2013, 02:09 AM
I would have said Sean Connery, as little Nicky Cage was not AS famous as the old Scotsman.

IdolEyes787
12-28-2013, 02:41 AM
Nick Cage was just coming off his Oscar win for Leaving Las Vegas while Connery was just coming off First Knight.:mellow:

IdolEyes787
12-28-2013, 02:48 AM
Fame is a funny thing.If you don't believe me then ask a teenager which Beatle is his favourite.

TheFoX
12-28-2013, 11:40 AM
Fame is a funny thing.If you don't believe me then ask a teenager which Beatle is his favourite.

I did, and he said, 'Stag Beatle'.

So, what does this prove?

Mr. Mulder
12-28-2013, 12:29 PM

..... I've never fixed an xbox before, are all red rings fixable without buying additional parts? :eyebrows:

So do you want a sane answer to that question (since you poasted it in the lounge) or a typical wank response? :blink:

something sarcastic, telling me to use an internet search engine and perhaps calling my sexuality into question will suffice :smilie4:

Artemis
12-28-2013, 01:59 PM

something sarcastic, telling me to use an internet search engine and perhaps calling my sexuality into question will suffice :smilie4:

Well Captain Sarcasto has already covered the search engine angle, but I wasn't sure if you had any sexuality left after pulling yerself till steam came out. :idunno:

IdolEyes787
12-28-2013, 02:13 PM
I just assumed he was a pedo so I didn't see any real point in stating the obvious.

IdolEyes787
12-28-2013, 02:24 PM
Well Captain Sarcasto has already covered the search engine angle

It's actually Major now as I was promoted for an especially caustic comment I made about a month ago.

Spider_dude
12-29-2013, 01:07 AM
mulder, if you're serious about fixing said threehundredandsixty, i will help you. normally all four lights on means a dodgy av cable have you a spare on to try? if not have you a spare hdmi cable?

Skiz
12-30-2013, 08:04 PM
http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/features/37164/20-isolated-vocal-tracks-you-need-to-hear-right-now

Mr. Mulder
12-31-2013, 09:42 AM
http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/features/37164/20-isolated-vocal-tracks-you-need-to-hear-right-now

the cobain one for territorial pissings is tite!111

Mr. Mulder
12-31-2013, 11:44 AM
just spent an hour of company time making a new av and sig, but the pixels look too choppy around Tyrion's left side and hair cos i made a scan line pattern and filled it and merged down without realising then did other stuff and it was too late to go back, i could tidy it up as it is but there's too many people looking at my screen now :emo:

Artemis
12-31-2013, 12:59 PM
just spent an hour of company time making a new av and sig, but the pixels look too choppy around Tyrion's left side and hair cos i made a scan line pattern and filled it and merged down without realising then did other stuff and it was too late to go back, i could tidy it up as it is but there's too many people looking at my screen now :emo:

I liked your sexpanther link :sad1:

Snee
12-31-2013, 02:04 PM
I've been watching White Collar on recommendation from someone else, but I think I'm about to give up on it, because it's so dumb.

Three things annoy me about it, especially.

A running plot now, involves a nazi submarine full of lost art that the hero's friend looted, before blowing up the sub to make it look like the art was lost (again). Now the hero (with friend) are under constant threat of the FBI finding out and sending the hero back to jail.

What I'm not quite clear over is a) why it's even a crime (I mean, the villain who found the sub is dead, and other than him, there's no obvious owner, as the sub was lost for like 70 years) b) Why the hero's FBI colleagues take it seriously and personally (I mean, even if he's breaking some law, at worst he's stolen it from a (dead) murderer and thief, so how does that offend their morality so much) and c) the hero's criminal friend is just below average height in the US, imdb says, but pretty much every episode someone of the good guys come up with a disparaging remark about how short he is, if he's interacting with the FBI guys. I wouldn't care about the last, except that if they were doing the same thing about the colour of someone's skin, their weight or their gender, the showmaker would be bombarded with complaints, yet this is cool? Where's the logic in that, and for that matter, why do the characters in the show even care so much, and how does that rhyme with their superior morality when it comes to the whole sub-plot?

Spoilers above.

Skiz
12-31-2013, 09:42 PM

Fa sho broski. Fa sho.

The Radiohead Creep one was gold too.

Under Pressure was just too chaotic. :wacko:

megabyteme
01-02-2014, 03:12 AM
Let's not forget Britney's "talents"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uebK1iL-48

Barbarossa
01-02-2014, 02:41 PM
Internetz :coffee:

Entertain me.

megabyteme
01-02-2014, 10:07 PM
For those interested in VFx:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGA73iBDLMA

Russians.

EDIT- Just now posted on 3DTorrents. Should be available in other formats soon. BR3D had 2D version on it as well...

Mr. Mulder
01-03-2014, 09:50 AM
Been to a few flat viewings with the misses lyke, its fucking extortionate to live near to where we work! Rent on 1 bedroom flat is £675 on average! And they all want close to 2k to even get through the door for the first month after deposits, rent, agency/reference fees etc :sadwalk:

Snee
01-03-2014, 05:28 PM
Been to a few flat viewings with the misses lyke, its fucking extortionate to live near to where we work! Rent on 1 bedroom flat is £675 on average! And they all want close to 2k to even get through the door for the first month after deposits, rent, agency/reference fees etc :sadwalk:

I'm assuming that's per month.

I pay around £500 a month for a two room (bedroom, living room, bathroom, hallway, kitchen and small walk-in closet) apartment and that also includes two storage spaces in the basement. Takes me less than ten minutes to get to work and the center of the city from there by bike or board. All I paid the first month was the rent.

Perk of living in a smaller city, I guess.

Still, there's two of you to begin with, so you'll pay less per person, after the first month.

Skiz
01-03-2014, 08:51 PM
Mulder, you're in London iirc? I don't know squat about housing there but it's a pricey place to live right?

The g/f and I moved to Colorado a year ago and we're renting here since we'll only live here a few years. We pay $1300/month for a 2/2 and I'm renting my place in Austin for a little less than that.

What sort of square footage (meters?) are you getting for that?

Mr. Mulder
01-04-2014, 01:58 PM
Mulder, you're in London iirc? I don't know squat about housing there but it's a pricey place to live right?

The g/f and I moved to Colorado a year ago and we're renting here since we'll only live here a few years. We pay $1300/month for a 2/2 and I'm renting my place in Austin for a little less than that.

Not London, as far south from it as you can go without getting wet but the city here is just as expensive as London, plus it’s a busy seaside/tourist place and London’s an hour away. For the monies i mentioned above you get two rooms that are the same size, 1 a double bedroom and 1 a living room (not sure on the meters) but very average size for UK. A tiny kitchen and an ok sized bathroom and a little patio. It’s a 10 minute walk from work and the seafront which is kewl, but so expensive for what it is, all because of its location

Mr. Mulder
01-04-2014, 01:59 PM

I'm assuming that's per month.

I pay around £500 a month for a two room (bedroom, living room, bathroom, hallway, kitchen and small walk-in closet) apartment and that also includes two storage spaces in the basement. Takes me less than ten minutes to get to work and the center of the city from there by bike or board. All I paid the first month was the rent.

Perk of living in a smaller city, I guess.

Still, there's two of you to begin with, so you'll pay less per person, after the first month.

I'll be paying everything, she only works part time :emo:

Snee
01-04-2014, 04:45 PM

Not London, as far south from it as you can go without getting wet but the city here is just as expensive as London, plus it’s a busy seaside/tourist place and London’s an hour away. For the monies i mentioned above you get two rooms that are the same size, 1 a double bedroom and 1 a living room (not sure on the meters) but very average size for UK. A tiny kitchen and an ok sized bathroom and a little patio. It’s a 10 minute walk from work and the seafront which is kewl, but so expensive for what it is, all because of its location
Patio :ghey: (I don't have one. Racists :emo:)

I do have a balcony, but I use it for storing bikes, mostly.

dion09529
01-04-2014, 05:58 PM

Wouldn't have been easier to told us you're Eastbourner?

IdolEyes787
01-04-2014, 07:21 PM
People are stupid and evil. http://life.nationalpost.com/2013/09/20/toronto-gets-its-first-micro-condos-at-300-square-feet/
In comparative terms that's like the size of 2 parking spaces.

The really horrible thing is that in Canada almost all new condos in desirable locations/buildings are scooped up by "investors" who then attempt to flip them to the people in actual need of them for a profit.
Thus the price of real estate is continually artificially inflated (like most commodities) and everyone loses except the top 5% of society and the government who both don't really need the extra money anyway.

Mr. Mulder
01-04-2014, 07:48 PM

Wouldn't have been easier to told us you're Eastbourner?

You've yet to tell us you're a grade A faggot, instead only giving hints? So i suppose its the same sort of thing? :unsure:

Snee
01-04-2014, 08:54 PM
Does he really need to tell us that, when using that avatard, though? :huh:

Mr. Mulder
01-04-2014, 08:59 PM
he probably thinks its some sort of rapper.

Mr. Mulder
01-04-2014, 09:01 PM
all super hackers like dion listen to a bit of slim snoopy when positioning their low orbit ion cannons

Skiz
01-04-2014, 09:11 PM
Sounds like you're gonna get hosed. That's the price for being in town and on the water I guess. Too bad you don't have sunny beaches. :pinch:

Walking to work is nice tho. Maybe there's a tradeoff in travel/gas cost. You could be paying a quarter million for 300 sq feet....so there's that.

TheFoX
01-05-2014, 12:39 AM
Mulder's too young to live in Eastbourne, if we go by his listed age. Eastbourne is the retirement home for the UK's elderly.

Also, Mulder said he lives in a city, and since Eastbourne is a town, we can rule that out.

So, the cities along the South Coast are Brighton & Hove, Portsmouth, Southampton and Plymouth. Plymouth is more than an hour away from London, whereas Southampton, Portsmouth and B&H are about one hour from London.

So, Dion, who says we cannot educate you. You've learned something useful, for once.

mjmacky
01-05-2014, 01:02 AM
People are stupid and evil. http://life.nationalpost.com/2013/09/20/toronto-gets-its-first-micro-condos-at-300-square-feet/
In comparative terms that's like the size of 2 parking spaces.

Going by the average parking space size of 8' × 15', that would be 2.5 parking spaces.

IdolEyes787
01-05-2014, 01:45 AM
I live in 1986 before they decreased parking space size to allow for more cars per lot.:dry:

Skiz
01-05-2014, 05:24 AM
Mulder's too young to live in Eastbourne, if we go by his listed age. Eastbourne is the retirement home for the UK's elderly.

Also, Mulder said he lives in a city, and since Eastbourne is a town, we can rule that out.

So, the cities along the South Coast are Brighton & Hove, Portsmouth, Southampton and Plymouth. Plymouth is more than an hour away from London, whereas Southampton, Portsmouth and B&H are about one hour from London.

So, Dion, who says we cannot educate you. You've learned something useful, for once.

Maybe it was Brighton. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0SGKcTMaoY) :unsure:

TheFoX
01-05-2014, 11:32 AM

Maybe it was Brighton. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0SGKcTMaoY) :unsure:

That video is not available in my country.

Mind you, if he lives in Brighton & Hove, that is one bloody expensive place to live, and is the gay capital of Europe (why do gays seem to congregate there?).

dion09529
01-05-2014, 11:54 AM

Fuck off!

Not London, as far south from it as you can go without getting wet ........................ plus it’s a busy seaside/tourist place and London’s an hour away.

Artemis
01-05-2014, 01:24 PM
Fuck off!

Yet another reasoned, well structured and original argument from the board's resident cut-up.

Cretin.

Mr. Mulder
01-05-2014, 02:49 PM
Maybe i live in the hearts and minds of all God's children :mushy:

Skiz
01-05-2014, 06:28 PM
Sicko.

TheFoX
01-06-2014, 07:01 PM
Fuck off!

I am glad you appreciate my input. If I can be of further assistance, don't hesitate...

Mr. Mulder
01-07-2014, 12:24 PM
Found a place to live 'Sup :smilie4:

Snee
01-07-2014, 08:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkcRZSdc8us

Mr. Mulder
01-07-2014, 09:26 PM
wood, lol :shifty:

Alien5
01-07-2014, 11:52 PM
Sup cunt/s

bone409
01-08-2014, 03:44 PM
hello.. last

Something Else
01-08-2014, 11:18 PM
The last one picked on the team. The last one in the class. We though as much. You snivelling tit-wank. :wave:

Alien5
01-08-2014, 11:23 PM
The what whabanned me for bad ratio a day before freeleech began whankers

I dunno why it's like fucking fort knox getting what mods to re enable a fuckin 5 year old inactive account. It's not difficult, just tick a box.

Skiz
01-08-2014, 11:34 PM
I don't know how your ratio got that low unless you weren't sharing. I don't even try over there and my e-penis is pretty gigantic.

The entire site has been fked tho this week. DDoS or something.

Skiz
01-08-2014, 11:35 PM
https://whatstatus.info/

Mr. Mulder
01-09-2014, 09:02 AM
my wiggaz :smilie4:

Half day today innit :01: so i can hand papers and shit into the estate agents, then an afternoon of splinter cell blacklist and cannabis :yes:

Something Else
01-09-2014, 03:26 PM
Win plus win muldstar. iTS my day off too. I'm going to look at a new plaice for the missus and I early this evening thyme.

I hope my pwns yours. :smilie4:

Gripper
01-09-2014, 05:21 PM
Mine

Mr. Mulder
01-10-2014, 08:58 AM
Win plus win muldstar. iTS my day off too. I'm going to look at a new plaice for the missus and I early this evening thyme.

I hope my pwns yours. :smilie4:

Shirley we can come to some sort of arrangement here for the 4 of us, perhaps a single sleeping bag for us down by the fire, a stable out back for the hoes... :naughty:

Mr. Mulder
01-13-2014, 07:55 AM
Got selected to beta test Elder Scrolls online but didn't check my emails in time and missed the beta testing, it was only for the weekend! Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

megabyteme
01-13-2014, 06:10 PM

Skiz
01-14-2014, 12:49 AM
Bought pot this weekend and didn't even have to break the law to do it. :01:

Mr. Mulder
01-14-2014, 01:12 PM
are you... ..........are you dying?........ :unsure:

i was smoking some stinky lemon haze round a mates last night, he's in his early 20s, just out of the army after two tours of afgan and has already managed spunk his entire payout and get fired from his first civi job :eyebrows:

Skiz
01-15-2014, 04:22 AM
Nope. It's just flat out legal here in Colorado. :happy:

I don't smoke much pot. At all. I used to smoke a lot out of high school but I've prob only smoked 5 times in the past 10 years. I had some friends in town from Texas and they wanted to check out one of the pot shops so we bought some as well as the Cards Against Humanity game and some booze and laughed our arses off.

megabyteme
01-15-2014, 12:34 PM

Alien5
01-15-2014, 02:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOUq4Z6R7xI

zinc
01-16-2014, 02:53 AM
i win!?!

Skiz
01-16-2014, 04:19 AM
No, you don't. Ever.

Mr. Mulder
01-16-2014, 09:43 AM
what it do, the internets :smilie4:

completed splinter cell: conviction last night, it was fucking intense!!1 Busting into the white house and shooting off the vice presidents knee caps - for the win. Can start Blacklist properly now :ninja:

/in other news, me and the misses haven't even moved in yet and she's already inviting people round for dinner

Mr. Mulder
01-16-2014, 02:39 PM
my wiggaz, how does xbawx live work in Engerland? It says i need an account but i just want to grab State of Decay, download it and play off-line? Can ewe do that with like a free month trial if one exists? :unsure:

Mr. Mulder
01-17-2014, 08:56 AM
^ Thanks for the help you nobs!1 i had to use an internet search engine like some fucking reasonable person.

/in other news nobody cares about, i caught up with family guy t'other night. i fucking love that they killed Brian off because he was a dull prick and an excuse to further seth macfarlane's faggy obsession with musicals and crooning :ghey: And the fact they replaced him with paulie-mother-fucking-gualtieri from the sopranos was sick!111 But then i watched the episode where they bring Brian back, fuck!

why make a sometimes decent cartoon that's centered around current stuffs/pop culture and then put a load of shitty musical numbers in it just because you're a closet dick gobbler. And in interviews he says that fans want musical numbers in it and it makes it "special". Not one fucking person i know in real life has ever said that's enough racist cut-away jokes, please lets have some shitty rat pack song that destroys 5 of the 22 minute allotted time.

Cunt.

Skiz
01-17-2014, 06:28 PM
^that. Every cartoon except King of the Hill I think is guilty of that.

I'm about to start Splinter Cell Blacklist as well. Got it free with a new graphics card. :01:

you prob got it free too off the interwebs lulz

Mr. Mulder
01-17-2014, 08:06 PM
its pretty tite.

grabbing a free trial of State of Decay atm, looks like an open walking dead gheyme done properly

dion09529
01-17-2014, 09:08 PM

:lol:

dion09529
01-17-2014, 10:12 PM
in other words... In late 2010 and early 2011, Aaron Swartz downloaded a large number of scientific articles from JSTOR, with the intention of making them public. At the age of 24, Swartz had more action in favor of freedom of information, the most important probably being involved in stopping SOPA the very harsh and abusive bill to combat "piracy", and publication 2.7 million legal documents that were public in theory, but in practice could only be accessed in a very expensive manner. Also, he was the author of a short and comprehensive manifesto against limiting the access to information and knowledge.

Skiz
01-17-2014, 11:45 PM
:unsure:

IdolEyes787
01-18-2014, 12:33 AM
Dion just wanted to make sure that in his absence things hadn't changed and everyone still views him as a tool.

Mr. Mulder
01-18-2014, 09:30 AM
Dion just wanted to prove that he can copy & paste with the best of them in the anti-security movement without truly understanding anything.

He would have taken a short break from browsing gay-torture-porn and stumbled across something on Wired or Digg or The Guardian that had anti-sec/anon in the title, then he would have remember "Hey, that's the stuff i pretend to care about!"

He then would have skimmed the article (whilst patting the damp patch on his trousers with an old t-shirt) only reading the choice parts displayed in bold, he’d then copy those megabytes up only to dump them in a highly irrelevant place, destroying all context thus taking everything away from a sad story.

Did dion skip the part where Aaron killed himself? Rather than spend 35 years in prison. Probably, but when your avatar has an anon mask and your copy and paste skills are tighter than a newborns, what does it matter...

megabyteme
01-18-2014, 10:57 AM
Did dion skip the part where Aaron killed himself?

Geesh. How about a [spoiler] tag before you go ruining the surprise ending next time. :no:

TheFoX
01-18-2014, 11:59 AM
:(

IdolEyes787
01-18-2014, 01:26 PM
Did dion skip the part where Aaron killed himself? Rather than spend 35 years in prison. .

Apparently the internet does a good job of killing the spark that fuels the human spirit.

I'm pretty sure that less intelligent,less admired, less well heeled soldiers lying there with their legs blown off and drowning in their own blood or cancer ravaged single moms lying in agony in their sterile hospital beds pleading to God for but one more moment of precious breath,view this Aaron guy (regardless of what less than fair thing might have befallen him) as a bit of a ungrateful,cowardly and selfish tool.*

*Please disregard above rant if it comes to light that he was really killed by a CIA assassin.

Mr. Mulder
01-18-2014, 02:34 PM
The important thing here is that dion read half an article about it, he might even watch the crowd funded documentary about it if it ever gets released, or he might even watch a trailer for it on youtube. Or he might even bookmark the trailer. Or he might even watch Taylor Swift music videos on youtube. Worst case scenario, he gets a new laptop and doesn't back-up his bookmarks. But Taylor Swifts music will live on, and that's what’s important here.

dion09529
01-18-2014, 07:55 PM
in other words... In late 2010 and early 2011, Aaron Swartz downloaded a large number of scientific articles from JSTOR, with the intention of making them public. At the age of 24, Swartz had more action in favor of freedom of information, the most important probably being involved in stopping SOPA the very harsh and abusive bill to combat "piracy", and publication 2.7 million legal documents that were public in theory, but in practice could only be accessed in a very expensive manner. Also, he was the author of a short and comprehensive manifesto against limiting the access to information and knowledge.

If for the last action, the publication of legal documents, the FBI failed, ultimately, to find sufficient legal grounds to impeach him for downloading JSTOR articles, prosecutors worked very hard, Swartz's indictments blamed on totaling 50 years in prison plus a huge fine. Meanwhile, prosecutors offered a sentence of six months in prison provided admitting guilt. If Swartz wouldn't have pleaded guilty and was sentenced, his lawyer argued that prosecutors should be required 7-8 years in prison, other experts said it could take more. Very significant is that the inquiry was taken from the beginning by the Secret Service, which says a lot about the importance given by the government, not just for this case, but the issue in general.

Artemis
01-18-2014, 08:21 PM
Well that made fuck all sense.....