PDA

View Full Version : Promoting new sites which offer similar contents to FST

Cabalo
01-23-2012, 02:42 PM
.... will get you in trouble from now on.

This mostly affects sites offering contents similar to our bittorrent and newsgroups section. I'm obviously not talking about established and known sites, but about those emerging ones.

It is somewhat becoming a trend to use FST to promote new sites related with trades, levels, open signups, leet invite-only ass-kissing communities, etc among other things. Though FST is a site all about the free flow of information, FST is not Google. FST does not have any obligation to promote other similar sites and neither using us to do so can be considered courteous, to say the least.

So, if you want to piggyback on us to get your site known, even if attempting to do so in a subtle way, it won't be tolerated.

zonta
01-23-2012, 03:34 PM
like a boss

1000possibleclaws
01-23-2012, 04:12 PM
I thought it had always been against the rules, but yeah this makes sense to do. Why else provide the banner advertising services? +1

anon
01-23-2012, 06:02 PM
:thumbsup:

I was sick of those reposts from new blogs in an attempt to get them traffic.

Glaucon
01-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Valid point. Everybody wants their own forum nowadays *sigh*.

mjmacky
01-23-2012, 08:21 PM
Owing to my ultimate anti-censorship stance on all free speech practices, it doesn't have my personal support, but I will report regardless. As far as spamming goes, in its original definition, I do have a problem with that.

What about posts criticizing them? Is that against the policy if it mentions them? Also, there is no replacement for me.

Pwner101
01-25-2012, 01:34 AM
Would it not be a bad idea to sticky this post somewhere as well since it no doubt will be buried on page 2 sometime next month?

Cabalo
01-25-2012, 02:59 AM
Yeah, probably going to do that when it starts going out the first page.

Owing to my ultimate anti-censorship stance on all free speech practices, it doesn't have my personal support, but I will report regardless. As far as spamming goes, in its original definition, I do have a problem with that.

What about posts criticizing them? Is that against the policy if it mentions them? Also, there is no replacement for me.
There's no issue at all debating stuff happening at other places, that's not what this warning is about.
I'm talking about people opening threads to advertise their sites, which has been happening quite often lately. Maybe you didn't notice because I trashed them.

cRaZyzMaN
01-25-2012, 03:05 AM
Cabalo do u remember this some years ago in some other foruns ahahahhaha

Cabalo
01-25-2012, 03:06 AM
Yeah, similar stuff happened during the portuguese newsgroups wartime. Those were the times... :D

KFlint
01-25-2012, 12:38 PM
I thought it had always been against the rules

Indeed.

megabyteme
01-25-2012, 07:20 PM
I'm glad to see ALL spam-based advertisers gone dead. They are FAR more irritating than one-word post count posts, IMO.

@KFlint- you've gone black. When did that happen? :O

Stabber
01-25-2012, 08:28 PM
I'm surprised those threads were tolerated for so long

KFlint
01-25-2012, 08:35 PM
I'm glad to see ALL spam-based advertisers gone dead. They are FAR more irritating than one-word post count posts, IMO.

@KFlint- you've gone black. When did that happen? :O

2 or 3 months ago, it was heavily discussed in the TTC but you were gone. Oh no, wait, it wasn't, nothing is ever discussed in there anymore, not even uninteresting stuff.

I felt the need for a break, and I'm sexier in gray.

megabyteme
01-25-2012, 08:46 PM
I felt the need for a break, and I'm sexier in gray.

Aren't we all... If you happened across the "Gay Beard Club (http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/441246-The-Gay-Beard-Club/page30)" thread in the Lounge, you'd see that I'm sporting matching gray in the corners of my (quite dashing) goatee. :D

Good to see you are still around, KF. :happy:

KFlint
01-25-2012, 09:41 PM
I had for a beard a while now too but no gray in it yet, but I kinda look forward to it (as strange as it sounds...!)

cRaZyzMaN
01-25-2012, 11:00 PM
now its peace time ahahahha

megabyteme
01-25-2012, 11:02 PM
I had for a beard a while now too but no gray in it yet, but I kinda look forward to it (as strange as it sounds...!)

When else can you appear wise while stroking something? :)

mjmacky
01-26-2012, 12:09 AM

When else can you appear wise while stroking something? :)

Blofeld says you could stroke a pussy, but it's more for an evil genius effect more than wise.