PDA

View Full Version : Retroflix

hunkytrucker
01-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Retroflix seems to have disappeared.

I just checked my Rapidshare account and 95% of the files I uploaded for Retroflix have been removed.

If this action has been repeated for all members using Rapidshare then Retroflix has ceased to exist.

This is indeed a sad state of affairs as all films on Retroflix were over 20 years old and the 4000 or so members were hardly depriving

the video industry of a fortune.

gamesover
01-27-2012, 03:11 AM
Between losing the links at Luelinks and now retroflix we have lost a ton of content that may never come back. A sad day for lovers of old films. There is always KG and PTP if everything at those trackers was always well seeded.

hunkytrucker
01-27-2012, 09:10 AM
I guess I'll have to concentrate on KG from now on. Unfortunately, I live in a rural area and have a very poor upload-rate, things always take so long !

Funkin'
01-27-2012, 10:50 AM
There wasn't any news on their forums about taking the site offline?

hunkytrucker
01-27-2012, 12:47 PM

The forums are only available to members.

I would have preferred the Admins to leave a message rather than a blank page, but as I don't know all the facts, I cannot say any more.

Disme
01-27-2012, 03:52 PM

The forums are only available to members.

I have the impression he IS a member ... what he's trying to say is that normally the staff let's the members know they will be downfor some time.

Funkin'
01-27-2012, 04:09 PM
Right, Dis. The forums were pretty dead so that's why I didn't frequent them much. But yeah, usually staff will make a post if something is going to be happening with the site.

That will definitely be a shame if this site is down and gone.

hunkytrucker
01-31-2012, 08:13 AM
No further news as regards RETROFLIX, so I guess it's R.I.P .

I had wondered if some of the big up-loaders might get a private tracker going with their back-ups.

IF ANY MEMBERS OF RETROFLIX COULD OFFER AN INVITE TO PTP , I'D BE EXTREMELY GRATEFUL. ( or anyone else for that matter).

As I will no longer require a Rapidshare Pro account, I'll invest the same amount in a seed-box.

Thanks in advance.

cinephilia
01-31-2012, 08:11 PM

I had wondered if some of the big up-loaders might get a private tracker going with their back-ups.

IF ANY MEMBERS OF RETROFLIX COULD OFFER AN INVITE TO PTP , I'D BE EXTREMELY GRATEFUL. ( or anyone else for that matter).

As I will no longer require a Rapidshare Pro account, I'll invest the same amount in a seed-box.

Thanks in advance.

pm me your mail.

hunkytrucker
01-31-2012, 08:35 PM

Thanks in advance.

pm me your mail.

Please excuse my stupidity, but how do I send you a PM on here ?

IdolEyes787
01-31-2012, 08:55 PM
[

Please excuse cinephillia's stupidity.

To Send PMs

You must be a member for 15 days.
You must make at least 5 posts on the forum.

After 15 days it takes an hour for your account to update.
You will have a star below your title when updated...
http://filesharingtalk.com/images/ranks/member1.png

anon
02-01-2012, 12:20 AM
I see what you did there, etc.

hunkytrucker
02-01-2012, 09:01 AM
[

Please excuse cinephillia's stupidity.

To Send PMs

You must be a member for 15 days.
You must make at least 5 posts on the forum.

After 15 days it takes an hour for your account to update.
You will have a star below your title when updated...
http://filesharingtalk.com/images/ranks/member1.png

Thank-you for your explanation !

Thanks in advance.

pm me your mail.

Thanks again , I'll get back to you soon !

I see what you did there, etc.

Lost me here, but I hope Cinephilia's offer didn't cause him problems.

Ricky151
02-07-2012, 12:34 AM
Hello All

It's True I Guess...... :sadwalk:
Here's The Question I Asked In My Search, "is retroflixdown today for everyone or just me?"
Here's The Answer They Gave Me "...Sorry, we can't resolve if this website is down or not at the moment. Try your status search again shortly or try visiting the website directly." I Tried It 3 Or 4 Times.
Here's More Info I Dug Up "Retroflix.info 4 years 10 months 23 days old,..... # 408,371 Traffic Rank.....Estimated 1,335 Visitors Per Day...Daily Page Views Estimated 4,005..." Register Date: 2007-03-13, Update Date: 2011-03-09, Expire Date: 2012-03-13, 36 days left until Expiration.

That's All The Info I Could Find Out, I Will Really Miss RetroFlix. :(

I Don't Think I'll Find Another Site Like It. :cry1:

This Is My 2nd Post So Far, I Signed Up Today :)

Hunkytrucker Can You PM Me When You Have Some Free Time?

Still No Sig Yet Ricky

hunkytrucker
02-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Hello All

Still No Sig Yet Ricky

I will indeed, when we both pass the 2 week delay !

As for the number of messages.....................;-)

mmadude
02-07-2012, 05:44 PM
nevermind, closed

Progress
02-07-2012, 09:03 PM
try to get on cinemageddon. its loaded with retro stuff.
http://www.reddit.com/r/trackers/comments/p0y6o/cinemageddon_has_closed_open_signups_and_is_now/

KG, Gormogon or ILoveClassics are a more appropriate replacement for RetroFlix then CG, imo.

Spillage
02-07-2012, 09:15 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/trackers/comments/p0y6o/cinemageddon_has_closed_open_signups_and_is_now/

KG, Gormogon or ILoveClassics are a more appropriate replacement for RetroFlix then CG, imo.

Correct, at least as far as content is concerned .
However, they're all torrent sites, which RetroFlix wasn't .

hunkytrucker
02-08-2012, 10:07 AM

I'm already a member of KG.

I see little point in multiplying the number of trackers I use; it's far better to concentrate on one and do things correctly, as I did with RETROFLIX.

cinephilia
02-20-2012, 01:37 AM

I'm already a member of KG.

I see little point in multiplying the number of trackers I use; it's far better to concentrate on one and do things correctly, as I did with RETROFLIX.
invite sent.

gamesover
02-26-2012, 06:54 AM
Would also suggest cinematik and secret-cinema.

hunkytrucker
02-28-2012, 10:19 AM
Hello All

It's True I Guess...... :sadwalk:
Here's The Question I Asked In My Search, "is retroflixdown today for everyone or just me?"
Here's The Answer They Gave Me "...Sorry, we can't resolve if this website is down or not at the moment. Try your status search again shortly or try visiting the website directly." I Tried It 3 Or 4 Times.
Here's More Info I Dug Up "Retroflix.info 4 years 10 months 23 days old,..... # 408,371 Traffic Rank.....Estimated 1,335 Visitors Per Day...Daily Page Views Estimated 4,005..." Register Date: 2007-03-13, Update Date: 2011-03-09, Expire Date: 2012-03-13, 36 days left until Expiration.

That's All The Info I Could Find Out, I Will Really Miss RetroFlix. :(

Still No Sig Yet Ricky

You've been a member for a few weeks, but have only made 2 posts, so it's still not possible to send you a PM.

CMedical
03-09-2012, 05:33 AM
Thank you for sharing information. I read completely

musicmanm
03-17-2012, 02:03 PM
Hi guys,
I've also been a member of retroflix for years now and I found that it's down.
Can someone help me get back on to it or on any other site where I can get old movies.
It sucks that retroflix is down. That was the only site where I could get the kind of movies that they had.
Please help :(

hunkytrucker
03-18-2012, 01:15 PM
Hi guys,
I've also been a member of retroflix for years now and I found that it's down.
Can someone help me get back on to it or on any other site where I can get old movies.
It sucks that retroflix is down. That was the only site where I could get the kind of movies that they had.
Please help :(

The file-hosts ( notably Rapidshare) deleted all the material that was the strength of Retroflix- result, Retroflix ceased to exist.

All my material on Rapidshare, apart from a mini-series from the mid 70's was deleted. I had a Rapidshare Pro account.

Building up all this material was a 'labour of love' and only a fool would embark on such a mission knowing that the file-hosts
could simply delete everything without the slightest hesitation at the threat of litigation.

R.I.P Retroflix

hjsq
03-23-2012, 11:48 PM
I can help you, messege me in private your email.

IdolEyes787
03-23-2012, 11:53 PM

Who are you talking to and more importantly what are you talking about?

hunkytrucker
03-24-2012, 07:24 PM

I just checked the contributions made by hjsq to these forums and ( sadly ) get the feeling that this person is a joker.

LemOnzoo
03-27-2012, 10:44 AM
Can someone suggest some good warez sites for older flics?

Here is new site, opened before 6 months, but already collected a lot of tv movies and shows "tvjunkies.tv". Only rs host.

spaceshot123
05-04-2012, 05:21 PM
I think retroflix should be up and running within a week.. read somewhere on the net.

Anybody got an invite?? :)

hunkytrucker
05-08-2012, 04:37 PM
I think retroflix should be up and running within a week.. read somewhere on the net.

Anybody got an invite?? :)

I had a few invites....................

Could you be a little more specific ?

manker
05-08-2012, 04:44 PM
Just a heads up but this isn't the correct sub-forum to be talking about invites.

And also; 'hunkytrucker' :glagpinch:

IdolEyes787
05-08-2012, 05:13 PM
Just a heads up but this isn't the correct sub-forum to be talking about invites.

Apparently there is some continuing confusion over exactly where non-bittorrent requests are to be posted.
I know in the past some has been actually moved out of the invite section specifically because it has nothing to do with bt.

hunkytrucker
05-08-2012, 06:48 PM

Apparently there is some continuing confusion over exactly where non-bittorrent requests are to be posted.
I know in the past some has been actually moved out of the invite section specifically because it has nothing to do with bt.

With all due respect : I was not offering any invites !

I was writing in the past tense and furthermore, RETROFLIX is no more !

Lastly, I started the thread !

IdolEyes787
05-08-2012, 07:32 PM
Actually I was directing my comment to manker but if you'd really like to fight me I'm afraid there's a waiting list.

manker
05-08-2012, 08:05 PM
Oh, my bad. I thought retroflix was a tracker. Plz to be carrying on.

lots of love
-burlyaccountant

Artemis
05-08-2012, 10:51 PM
Actually I was directing my comment to manker but if you'd really like to fight me I'm afraid there's a waiting list.

How is the chemical analyser I sent you for checking your mail? no more nasty surprises? You should really think about moving, Iceland is nice and out of the way..... :blink:

IdolEyes787
05-09-2012, 12:08 AM

How is the chemical analyser I sent you for checking your mail? no more nasty surprises? You should really think about moving, Iceland is nice and out of the way..... :blink:

Actually no.I was getting so many suspicious packages and so much hate mail I just randomly falsify my address to match those of people that I dislike.
That said don't be concerned if you get a parcel in the mail with my name on it.There's a cool analyzer in it. :)

hunkytrucker
08-03-2012, 10:02 PM
It's been a while since RETROFLIX bit the dust.

Any news out there ?