PDA

View Full Version : megabyteme has exceeded their private message quota

Night0wl
01-26-2012, 10:41 PM
Maybe time to delete some :whistling

megabyteme
01-26-2012, 10:47 PM
How else am I supposed to get any peace and quiet? Oh, the perils of being in demand loved liked tolerated too lazy to delete old messages...

Space cleared, thanks for the reminder.

Night0wl
01-26-2012, 10:58 PM
Cleared some out myself after posting this thread. I too have been in demand loved liked tolerated too lazy to delete old messages...

Mods, feel free to trash. Issue fixed.

IdolEyes787
01-26-2012, 11:34 PM
How else am I supposed to get any peace and quiet? Oh, the perils of being in demand loved liked tolerated too lazy to delete old messages...

What the fuck does this have to do with bittorrent ?
Also you know they just erased a lot of good old posts to make room for shit like this so if I was you I would be feeling immense guilt right about now.

Night0wl
01-26-2012, 11:56 PM
Well this is the BitTorrent forum and the message I was going to send to MBM was about a bittorrent site. As I didn't want to post what I wanted to PM him about in public, this seemed like the easiest option.

anon
01-27-2012, 12:02 AM

You can export them as XML, then use vBulletin PM Reader to do the obvious in case you want to free some space up, but still keep your messages.

Using notices so that the site informs you when your PM box is full (technically, between 100% and 100% of its capacity) would be cool.

megabyteme
01-27-2012, 12:09 AM
I did not know about the XML option. Most of the messages I get are *cough* not of archive value. I just don't get around to deleting stuff like I should. I do get notices sent to my gmail account when someone tries to contact me when it is full, but I don't always check that every day.

Thanks for the heads-up regarding XML, anon. I may use that just to clear things out quickly, from time to time.

IdolEyes787
01-27-2012, 12:09 AM

You can export them as XML, then use vBulletin PM Reader to do the obvious in case you want to free some space up, but still keep your messages.

Using notices so that the site informs you when your PM box is full (technically, between 100% and 100% of its capacity) would be cool.

I hate it when you're helpful.

anon
01-27-2012, 12:15 AM
I did not know about the XML option. Most of the messages I get are *cough* not of archive value. I just don't get around to deleting stuff like I should.

I'm a hoarder too :happy:

I hate it when you're helpful.

I do my best. :wub:

IdolEyes787
01-27-2012, 12:19 AM
I wouldn't complain but you know the PMs are more of that ghey talk.

Night0wl
01-27-2012, 12:19 AM
I don't know what IE7s problem is, since this thread already has 10 replies after 1 1/2 hours, so I made a really cool shortening of his nick to make up for it :)

Clearly this PM quota thing is an interesting factor in regards to BitTorrent.

anon
01-27-2012, 12:21 AM
I thought you were talking about Internet Explorer 7 at first. :unsure:

IdolEyes787
01-27-2012, 12:22 AM
Shut up Nightfowl . I am getting angry and I can't afford another gay-bashing charge against me.

Night0wl
01-27-2012, 12:27 AM
I thought you would be happy that there was a great way to shorten your nick :( Mine is NO so I need to read everything twice to make sure whether someone is speaking to/about me or just yelling NOOOOOO

megabyteme
01-27-2012, 01:08 AM

http://i39.tinypic.com/kagtjc.jpg

Enlightened
01-27-2012, 01:10 AM

Also you know they just erased a lot of good old posts to make room for shit like this so if I was you I would be feeling immense guilt right about now.

+ 1,000,000

phrenzy
01-27-2012, 02:23 AM
Reading this made me look at mine too. I got messages from 2007 still there...

megabyteme
01-27-2012, 02:46 AM
+ 1,000,000

You're just jealous because some of us get PMs. :snooty:

IdolEyes787
01-27-2012, 12:19 PM
+ 1,000,000

You're just jealous because some of us get PMs. :snooty:

Yes I know that PMs are necessary so that everyone can talk in secret and stuff but seriously forum+PMs= dichotomy.:mellow:
Anyway just my opinion as I prefer people to talk behind my back to my face.

Night0wl
01-27-2012, 04:51 PM
Are seriously saying that everything you ever have to say to any person here is fitting to post in the forum? Because if you are, then you can't have anyone that even qualifies as a relatively close internet acquaintance.

All i know is I have lots of stuff to talk about online, that I would never post in a public or even small private forum. The same reason for me hardly ever posting on my own or others facebook wall but rather send a PM on facebook or call/text the person. Private matters between me and anyone else are mine and whoever it concerns to know, not for the 1 Billion other people who might accidentally or deliberately read it on a public forum or through stray Google results/cache.

megabyteme
01-27-2012, 06:31 PM
Yes I know that PMs are necessary so that everyone can talk in secret and stuff but seriously forum+PMs= dichotomy.:mellow:
Anyway just my opinion as I prefer people to talk behind my back to my face.

You wouldn't believe the nasty PMs I just sent about you for this post, missy... :dry:

IdolEyes787
01-27-2012, 06:41 PM
Are seriously saying that everything you ever have to say to any person here is fitting to post in the forum? Because if you are, then you can't have anyone that even qualifies as a relatively close internet acquaintance.

Shows what you know I don't have any close acquaintances period.
Wait does online sex chat for money to someone who may or may not be a woman count? :unsure:

Btw I take great pleasure every time I am allowed to bask in your guilelessness.:)

You wouldn't believe the nasty PMs I just sent about you for this post, missy... :dry:

You talk a good game but we both know that you are too scared to.

Night0wl
01-27-2012, 08:18 PM
guilelessness.:)

Thanks, I learned the various meaning of a new word today.. although, being that some of the synonyms were quite disturbing and offensive, I choose to believe you mean straightforward by choice instead of ignorance.

IdolEyes787
01-27-2012, 11:44 PM
Whatever I meant I assure you it was a compliment.
You'd know that if you had any guile.

Btw appearances to the contrary I very rarely try to insult anyone here. . Hopefully someone on staff will get around to adding a laugh track and end the confusion.

mjmacky
01-31-2012, 12:11 AM
Wait does online sex chat for money to someone who may or may not be a woman count? :unsure:

Owing true to the publicness of Idol, he keeps inviting me to these video sessions, but it seems no different than chatroulette.