PDA

View Full Version : Cinematik, Cinemageddon, Goem, karagarga or ptp? What is best and why?

Miked
01-28-2012, 10:19 PM
Hello

Im only member at cinemageddon. And as old movie buff i am i enjoy it quite well. What is your favourite? And why?

IdolEyes787
01-28-2012, 10:39 PM
as old movie buff ........
Do you mean that you're old or that you like movies produced before a certain date?
Also prove it or else don't waste my time.

antipod
01-29-2012, 04:19 AM
If you're a classic movie buff, the choices should be ILC, Gormogon, Karagarga and CG. If you're just an old guy that likes a general mix of classic and new movies, the choices would be PTP and Goem. This is just my opinion and by no means an exhaustive list. As for picking the best, the best is always an individual decision based on the exact movies you're looking for, which no one else knows but you.

Miked
01-29-2012, 10:04 AM
I guess i were a bit unclear.. What i want to know is what other people prefer with the same interessts. Cinemageddon furfills my needs but i guess other people uses other sites aswell. No im not an old guy :P

CleverMan
01-30-2012, 11:39 AM
For 'good' old movies, it is certainly Karagarga, and then PTP. CG is not focused to collect high-rated/classic movies (although has some 'hidden gems'). And if you prefer full DVDs, then it's cinematik
I have interest in all kind of movies, so i use all of those you listed. Also you missed Tehconnection :)

takenoshit
01-31-2012, 03:35 AM
IdolEyes787

Get a grip you self important prick. He has no need to prove a fucking thing to you.

anon
01-31-2012, 04:10 AM
IdolEyes787

Get a grip you self important prick. He has no need to prove a fucking thing to you.

And you registered just to post that, huh.

waterMellons
01-31-2012, 11:00 AM
IdolEyes787

And you registered just to post that, huh.

Some people like their first post to stand out and some like their first to be their last.

IdolEyes787
01-31-2012, 01:33 PM
IdolEyes787

I guess your username is meant to be ironic oh cowardly one.As for my reply to Miked it was made simply because him being a trader I question his motives and hoped that he might be able to prove me wrong in my assumptions.
So you see I was really only trying to help unlike yourself who is ironically is really being the only "self- important" one here.

anon
01-31-2012, 04:57 PM
Some people like their first post to stand out

We call them "dupe accounts" here.

chuckythedoll
01-31-2012, 06:11 PM
Cinemagedden is my favorite, crazy films on there.

mmadude
01-31-2012, 07:59 PM
i just got on tvt. the place is loaded!

byrnesc1
02-04-2012, 06:27 PM
I've tried for a while to get on CG and karagarga but no such luck. I've heard good things about both.

Progress
02-04-2012, 09:39 PM
I've tried for a while to get on CG and karagarga but no such luck. I've heard good things about both.

You can apply for a CG invite on their IRC: http://cinemageddon.net/chat.php (irc.cinemageddon.net/invites)

byrnesc1
02-04-2012, 09:43 PM

You can apply for a CG invite on their IRC: http://cinemageddon.net/chat.php (irc.cinemageddon.net/invites)

Thanks I appreciate it. I'll have to table that for a while as my external hard drive just crapped out on me and I'm waiting till next paycheck to pick one up.

woodbine
06-23-2012, 03:42 AM
ILC is the best for obscure really old stuff, as in pre-1950. They even have a nice supply of silents. CG is the best for 60s drive-in flicks, and KG is best for non-English obscurities. Gormogon is a disappointment, in my opinion. There are lots of dead torrents, the tracker stats are pure fiction, and God help you if you ever need a reseed. Finding old rare stuff is the only reason I use BT, so these are the only trackers that ever interested me.

Funkin'
06-23-2012, 11:06 AM
ILC is the best for obscure really old stuff, as in pre-1950. What the fuck is ILC? Or was that already mentioned in the thread? Which if it was my apologies as I always skip to the last post in threads here at FST.

karachidude
06-23-2012, 11:19 AM
ilc= http://www.iloveclassics.com/login.php

mjmacky
06-23-2012, 02:55 PM
I guess that throws my theory that ILC is in the same ilk as ELK.

Synergy
06-23-2012, 03:19 PM
PTP is a very wide range of content.There are all kinds of old and new content.

Evelyn
06-24-2012, 05:52 AM

indeed, but isn't really hard to build up the ratio there for the freedom to download the things you wanted ? and force you to go for seedboxes ?

byneco
06-24-2012, 02:34 PM
karakarga best

cinephilia
06-24-2012, 05:15 PM

indeed, but isn't really hard to build up the ratio there for the freedom to download the things you wanted ? and force you to go for seedboxes ?

pretty hard if you only grab what you like, unless you are able to seed all your torrents 24/7 and therefore get enough bonus points to purchase additional gigs of upload.

PastTense
06-25-2012, 02:40 AM
So how do they compare to the public trackers like PirateBay? Do they have a lot of unique stuff? Or is it mostly a speed difference?

woodbine
06-25-2012, 05:19 AM
No clue how they compare to the public trackers because I've never used a public tracker, but they definitely have unique stuff. And old. Some of them ban anything made in the last 25-30 years.