PDA

View Full Version : Lockout or I'm too young to have heard of Escape From NY

IdolEyes787
01-30-2012, 12:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nu7VlD-9rw

Anyway Guy Pierce deserves to be a star even if the name Snow is a sad substitute for Snake Plissken and I would have said that I would watch anything with Maggie Grace but that was before viewing Faster made me want to set my TV on fire.

No interesting comments please as the resulting shock might kill me.

Artemis
01-30-2012, 06:18 AM
Derp :blink:

(since I am such a literal person, was this uninteresting enough or did that comment cause a heart murmur ?????? ).

mjmacky
01-31-2012, 06:03 AM
I had recently rewatched Esc from NY (maybe 4 months ago?) because of the mention of it (and having rewatched other 80s action flicks). Idol was the one that brought it up, otherwise I could have continued to forget about it and leave it in the past. Now that I recall that Idol is partly to blame for that reviewing, I will make sure that there will be lead (Pb) in the shards of glass that I will merge with his body. EfNY was truly terrible even amongst its chronobrethren.

IdolEyes787
01-31-2012, 02:00 PM
I had recently rewatched Esc from NY (maybe 4 months ago?) because of the mention of it (and having rewatched other 80s action flicks). Idol was the one that brought it up, otherwise I could have continued to forget about it and leave it in the past. Now that I recall that Idol is partly to blame for that reviewing, I will make sure that there will be lead (Pb) in the shards of glass that I will merge with his body. EfNY was truly terrible even amongst its chronobrethren.

It's definitively Grindhouse ,meaning that sense and good taste are the first victims to it's total awesomeness. Btw if you think Escape from New York is terrible I doubt if you could find adequate words to describe Escape From L.A.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_E9ebt1a_s

Artemis
01-31-2012, 09:12 PM

It's definitively Grindhouse ,meaning that sense and good taste are the first victims to it's total awesomeness. Btw if you think Escape from New York is terrible I doubt if you could find adequate words to describe Escape From L.A.

And to add to the grindhouse theme, a full court of assorted Wrestlers from when they were cool and street and mean and if you laughed at their makeup they ripped off your head and shit down your neck. Snake Plissken too became a demi-hero for the simple reason that at a time when heroes were all church attending, perfectly straight teeth - limb - skin, perfectly coiffed haired robots, he definitely wasn't - a big finger to Hollywood conventions of the time, the film immediately reached cult status because of this irreverance for the norms.

( As Idol warned though, you will probably want to fire a nailgun repeatedly into your head to remove the images after watching Escape from L.A. ).

mjmacky
02-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Btw if you think Escape from New York is terrible I doubt if you could find adequate words to describe Escape From L.A.

I had enough sense to avoid it completely.

Snake Plissken too became a demi-hero for the simple reason that at a time when heroes were all church attending, perfectly straight teeth - limb - skin, perfectly coiffed haired robots, he definitely wasn't - a big finger to Hollywood conventions of the time, the film immediately reached cult status because of this irreverance for the norms.

Kurt Russel characters were usually that guy. I reference Big Trouble in Little China, a movie I didn't find as terrible as eny.

IdolEyes787
02-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Kurt Russel characters were usually that guy. I must have missed that aspect of his character in The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes.

mjmacky
02-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Kurt Russel characters were usually that guy. I must have missed that aspect of his character in The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes.

No, you just missed the use of usually.

IdolEyes787
02-01-2012, 09:44 PM
OK I'll list the 70 movies that he didn't play that character and you list the 4 in which he did and then we'll have Websters change the meaning of usually in their dictionary so that you're right.

mjmacky
02-02-2012, 12:08 AM
I'll just use it in a sentence.

When I see films with Kurt Russel, he is usually playing a non clean cut roughneck anti-hero.

Just goes to show that each word I use is put in place with strategy, especially with you in mind Idol ,you grammar terrorist.

Artemis
02-02-2012, 06:33 AM
I had enough sense to avoid it completely.

Snake Plissken too became a demi-hero for the simple reason that at a time when heroes were all church attending, perfectly straight teeth - limb - skin, perfectly coiffed haired robots, he definitely wasn't - a big finger to Hollywood conventions of the time, the film immediately reached cult status because of this irreverance for the norms.

Kurt Russel characters were usually that guy. I reference Big Trouble in Little China, a movie I didn't find as terrible as eny.

Directors often have a favorite actor that they team up with, i.e. Johnny Depp/Tim Burton, Robert De Niro/Martin Scorsese and you can put Kurt Russell in this category with John Carpenter. With John Carpenter's direction Kurt Russell became a rough often reprehensible action hero i.e. in Escape from New York, (as you mentioned) Big Trouble in Little China and in John Carpenters most successful movie The Thing. Kurt Russell said in interview at the time that he was excited to play these roles and break away from his clean cut Disney image i.e. in movies like The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes.

IdolEyes787
04-10-2012, 03:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VOxfdeEOtY

Artemis
04-10-2012, 09:39 PM
Ummmm....... the first five minutes preview is only 4:42 long...... fucking ripoff :mad3:

IdolEyes787
04-10-2012, 10:02 PM
Translation

Ummmm....... no Guy Pierce nudity in the preview ..... fucking ripoff :mad3:

Artemis
04-11-2012, 11:50 AM
Translation

Ummmm....... no Guy Pierce nudity in the preview ..... fucking ripoff :mad3:

I think you dropped your translator into a Pink Daquari at the PUMP nightclub when you were there last night Idol.....

megabyteme
04-12-2012, 05:36 AM
I think you dropped your translator into a Pink Daquari at the PUMP nightclub when you were there last night Idol.....

Now we know the type of strippers you chaperoned... :O