PDA

View Full Version : Dude/Dudette ?

Human_Being
02-04-2012, 02:49 PM
According to Wikipedia.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dude - The original use of dude implied an individual unfamiliar with the demands of life outside of urban settings, as in dude ranch, a ranch catering to urbanites seeking more rural experiences. The implicit contrast is with those persons accustomed to a given frontier, agricultural, mining or other exurban setting. This usage continues into the present.
The term "dude" was first used in print in 1870, in Putnam's Magazine.
One of the earliest books to use the word was The Home and Farm Manual, written by Jonathan Periam in 1883. In that work, Periam used the term "dude" several times to denote an ill-bred and ignorant, but ostentatious, man from the city. The term was also used as a job description such as "bush hook dude" as a position on a railroad in the 1880s.

100%
02-04-2012, 09:24 PM
I think it is presently being used as a meaning for "friend", much like "bro", aka brother as in buddy, although when i use it i think of surfers for some reasons.
I think i will stop using it.
Then again most of my friends are rather illiterate.

mjmacky
02-07-2012, 12:49 AM
I use it as a flavoring particle

Quarterquack
02-07-2012, 12:51 AM
when i use it i think of surfers

Avril Lavigne is a skater ...

Quarterquack
02-07-2012, 12:51 AM
Trust me, I'm canadian. :shifty:

mjmacky
02-07-2012, 01:07 AM
when i use it i think of surfers

Avril Lavigne is a skater ...

No, she's still just a hot piece of ass, even with the pretend emo makeup.

Quarterquack
02-07-2012, 01:20 AM

As a fellow AV HPOA club member, have you seen the youtube nip slip? How many times? How many times did you profusely "sweat" from your genital area to the thought of it?

mjmacky
02-07-2012, 01:27 AM

As a fellow AV HPOA club member, have you seen the youtube nip slip? How many times? How many times did you profusely "sweat" from your genital area to the thought of it?

I did not know about it, but hurray nipslip

Quarterquack
02-07-2012, 01:53 AM
A friend of mine knows a guy who actually dated her when she was still a "nobody". None too happy with Sum 41, that guy is, apparently. :shifty:

megabyteme
02-07-2012, 10:16 AM
A friend of mine knows a guy who actually dated her when she was still a "nobody".

I had serious doubts of the possibility, but that may be a memorable detail about your life. Who knew that your extended social network would actually include someone straight. :idunno:

Quarterquack
02-07-2012, 02:06 PM
I had serious doubts of the possibility, but that may be a memorable detail about your life. Who knew that your extended social network would actually include someone straight. :idunno:

Speaking of social networks, let's derail this thread some more.

Any facebook users in the crowd? How many of you have had your "friends" button replaced with "find friends". I can't even see my friends anymore. Google tells me it's because Zuckerberg doesn't think I have enough friends. He wants me to have an "extended social network." Downright cunt, that guy is.

Barbarossa
02-07-2012, 02:39 PM
What?

manker
02-07-2012, 05:31 PM
Any facebook users in the crowd? How many of you have had your "friends" button replaced with "find friends". I can't even see my friends anymore. Google tells me it's because Zuckerberg doesn't think I have enough friends. He wants me to have an "extended social network." Downright cunt, that guy is.

Snee
02-07-2012, 05:34 PM
You use gheybook :ghey:

manker
02-07-2012, 05:46 PM
Sir, I do not.
Me signing up to it wasn't me failing, it was just me reinforcing the not using facebook position.

you mean darth twink but wtf

Snee
02-07-2012, 05:57 PM
Sir, I do not.
Me signing up to it wasn't me failing, it was just me reinforcing the not using facebook position.

you mean darth twink but wtf

Nah, I did a bawa and skipped all the boring bits and just dove in. Wuzzappenin.

I didn't even realise you were quoting someone. I just took it for granted that you were using it, and loudly.

manker
02-07-2012, 06:07 PM
Dove as a past participle > *.