PDA

View Full Version : How To Play Multiple Files

thehobbit
02-06-2012, 11:20 PM
Hi there,

I have trouble playing a video I found on the Rapidshare. It was split up into 36 rar files so I downloaded them using Cryptload 1.1.8. Then I extracted all the files using 7 zip and I had no problem doing it. Then I tried to play the single video file using VLC media player, but there was a problem. The video seemed a little bit scrambled, sometimes the image would stop and the sound would keep playing. Simply put, the resolution was just bad. Then, I tried playing the video using DivX Plus Player and it worked better, but there were still some instances where the image would stop a little. Still, I had better resolution with DivX Plus Player. Is there some way that I can improve the video quality, especially with VLC media player? I tried extracting the video again from the multiple rar files one more time, but it basically gave the same result. Can someone help?

Thanks.

anon
02-07-2012, 12:44 AM
I tried extracting the video again from the multiple rar files one more time, but it basically gave the same result. Can someone help?

RAR is a lossless compressor. If the decompression goes smoothly (and you'll be told if it does not), you should have an exact copy of what the uploader posted.

I don't know what the cause of your problem may exactly be. You could have a program hogging resources in the background (this can cause the "video freezes, audio goes on" problem). The video could faulty from the start. If you want to try another player, MPC-HC with the overlay rendered and fddshow-tryouts is what I use.

zot
02-07-2012, 05:51 AM
It's not uncommon to get a badly-encoded video. Some codecs might play it much better than others, but regardless, it is still --and will always be-- a poor video encode. I'd recommend downloading another version if available, preferably from a trusted source. VLC will also play the first RAR file, allowing you to check the quality before committing to a full download.

saeerseo
02-07-2012, 09:54 AM
I like your post buddy.