PDA

View Full Version : Usenetnow slow speeds? [solved]

whiteboy
02-07-2012, 01:34 AM
Was a problem on my end. All is well.

cola
02-07-2012, 01:56 AM
In the past, Astraweb would get close around the time popular TV series were being uploaded/downloaded everynight. I wonder if its a similar situation at Usenetnow.

whiteboy
02-07-2012, 01:59 AM
You mean they would slow down when people were leeching all the tv shows? I'm only getting 750kb/s now.

Bunk! Its down to 200kb/s???!!

zot
02-07-2012, 04:49 AM
Usenetnow/blocknews has had occasional (short term) speed problems for a long time (notably more so than any others I've used - especially on old files) as well as posts that regularly disappeared into the ether during 'primetime' hours, though the last year seems to have improved a great deal.

Switched to EU did nothing.
Instead of *switching* servers, I would use both simultaneously -- as well as increasing the number of connections. And then there's always the option of scheduling the download for late night/morning; that often speeds things up greatly. (And on a 2-day old file, there's always the free servers like Just4today, xsusenet, and binload that can be added in for additional speed, as most everyone here surely knows by now)

I'm Sorry I can't offer any better suggestions than just restating the obvious. The occasional slow speed was something I just learned to live with, as it didn't bother me very much - if I even noticed it at all.

hdjunky
02-07-2012, 06:30 PM
I downloaded for most of last night and got my 20 mbits okay. Did you ask support?

whiteboy
02-09-2012, 11:36 PM
Yah sorry turned out it was on my end for anyone that comes across this. I'll update the OP.