PDA

View Full Version : New Invite system on IPT

nothingfree
02-08-2012, 01:47 PM
IPT Staff

Dear Members,
We are pleased to announce that we have finally reached a satisfactory user base.
It has taken several years but we would like to continue providing you with a torrent site that excels on bringing you the latest and greatest torrents in the world and as such we are re-thinking the invite system to keep the server status optimal for the amount of users.

We will be pruning old accounts over the next few months and, after a careful decision, staff decided that it was in our best interest to limit the number of invites granted to user classes and we have decided on the following:
User Class Amount of Invites
User No invites will be granted.
Power User No invites will be granted, any invites remaining will be removed on the 25th of this month
VIP 5 invite/month + upon donation more will be granted
Uploaders 3 invite/month + upon donation more will be granted

Again, we are pleased that so many users enjoy our site and help shape us into the best tracker in the world. We appreciate all the support we have received over the years and we continue to strive for the best. Thanks for using IPT and enjoy all we have to offer.
Regards,
IPT Staff

mjmacky
02-08-2012, 04:10 PM
There goes another walled garden.

antipod
02-08-2012, 04:28 PM
So no invites unless you donate or upload. Guess the site was getting too public, like TL.

anon
02-08-2012, 05:15 PM
Guess the site was getting too public, like TL.

Like this will do anything for them at this stage :dabs:

Not a move I like, but oh well.

stan
02-08-2012, 09:59 PM
Post on the forums by the sys op.

As for trading/selling, we allow users to trade their invites on other sites/forums, but if they invite bad members, they will be warned or banned. Selling invites is still forbidden and whoever does it, will be found (sooner or later) and banned for breaking the rules.

Very strange .

username-
02-08-2012, 11:23 PM
I upload there so this doesn't effect me, but I'm surprised about the trading of invites being allowed.

ross741
02-09-2012, 12:17 AM
I don't really see what this is going to do for them.

zootman
02-09-2012, 03:05 AM
I feel for those who've only recently got to power user status like me :/

Annoyed lol.

soulreaper
02-10-2012, 05:33 AM
I think it's a good move, members would value their membership more.

mjmacky
02-10-2012, 11:45 AM

Therein lies the root of the tracker problem.

IdolEyes787
02-10-2012, 12:23 PM

Therein lies the root of the tracker problem.
No valuing one's membership is admirable. Thinking that belonging to certain trackers somehow makes you better than the next guy is not.

All in all still better than the first draft.

IPT Staff

We have to decided that it's time to join many other trackers in spitting in the face of the ideal of filesharing .
That and the owner has just turned 16 and now needs money for a car.

Regards,
IPT Staff

mjmacky
02-10-2012, 02:55 PM
No valuing one's membership is admirable. Thinking that belonging to certain trackers somehow makes you better than the next guy is not.

Assuming you intended to have a comma after the first word, I wouldn't find the act deserving of admiration. All my memberships are a means to an ends. Valuing the site and their way of operating, that's up to each person. But assigning value to that membership means you've got very little responsibility or you have made some consequence-ridden decisions in your priority sorting.

gamesover
02-12-2012, 10:52 AM
It's not that hard to apply for an uploader spot and their requirements are relaxed enough you'd only really need a few spare minutes a week if you knew what you are doing. I guess I'm just not getting this perceived drawback to limiting invites to contributors. Looks like we can tell who the real collectors are now.

IPT is big enough. At least this is a partial step in the right direction.

whatcdfan
02-12-2012, 11:45 AM

No offense meant but have you been drinking too much lately, girl?

gamesover
02-12-2012, 06:12 PM

Excuse me :huh:

What's your problem?

byrnesc1
02-13-2012, 03:08 AM
Anyone having trouble with their IPT account? All of a sudden now mine says that it's not the right user name and password when I know for a fact that it is.

anon
02-13-2012, 03:51 AM
Mine's not working either...

stan
02-13-2012, 07:27 AM
2 mates have the same problem

merwais
02-13-2012, 10:36 AM
Staff said all accounts should reset their passwords.
Use forgot password and get a new password. that's all.

Mine is working perfectly after getting a new password.

Funkin'
02-13-2012, 10:42 AM

:lol: What the fuck...

anon
02-13-2012, 05:47 PM

I was about to reset mine, but I'm in my other computer (which already had my login cookies), and the site loads. :unsure:

Any ideas as to why that happened?

Quarterquack
02-13-2012, 06:29 PM

Assuming you intended to have a comma after the first word, I wouldn't find the act deserving of admiration. All my memberships are a means to an ends. Valuing the site and their way of operating, that's up to each person. But assigning value to that membership means you've got very little responsibility or you have made some consequence-ridden decisions in your priority sorting.

Wasn't the evolution of this opinion brought about by your discovery that reliance on trackers is worthless with the supplemented existence of newsgroups? If so, doesn't your newly found loyalty lend credibility to the statement you're arguing against, based on the merits of enjoying the means? If your discovery that valuing the means is worthless, is brought about by the devaluation thanks to the sheer amount of means, eventually you'll come around to the realization that this is naught but a property to value, in itself.

Funkin'
02-13-2012, 07:50 PM

I was about to reset mine, but I'm in my other computer (which already had my login cookies), and the site loads. :unsure:

Any ideas as to why that happened?

No idea. But you should probably reset your password.

byrnesc1
02-13-2012, 08:38 PM

I tried that and still haven't gotten an email. Was yours instant or atleast relatively quick? I might try the IRC later if I don't hear from them by days end

airzswain
02-13-2012, 08:50 PM
my ipt account wont let me in and is now saying that my email adress is not in the database please help

IdolEyes787
02-13-2012, 09:12 PM

Wasn't the evolution of this opinion brought about by your discovery that reliance on trackers is worthless with the supplemented existence of newsgroups? If so, doesn't your newly found loyalty lend credibility to the statement you're arguing against, based on the merits of enjoying the means? If your discovery that valuing the means is worthless, is brought about by the devaluation thanks to the sheer amount of means, eventually you'll come around to the realization that this is naught but a property to value, in itself.

Please stop derailing people's thread or I may have to go whining like a little girl behind your back to the the staff about it.I mean report it.

On topic I'm now in a complete conundrum, IPT being my most used site but having swore never to take merwais' advice for anything. :unsure:

mjmacky
02-13-2012, 09:43 PM

Well BTN is my sole source for Web-DLs and AHD is my destination for movies that I keep as well as obtaining sources (remuxes are much simpler to work with). I like both sites' organizational structure, the uploading processes are simple on both, and I've yet to run into grief with any of the staff. So while I appreciate both sites, I don't look at the membership as something of value. Usenet supplants any need for IPT as well as relying on numerous methods for grabbing anime. That said, if either site requested me to do something out of the norm (i.e. besides ratio/seeding policies) in order to keep my membership, I'd write them off faster than tuition on tax prep day.

Please stop derailing people's thread or I may have to go whining like a little girl behind your back to the the staff about it.I mean report it.

It takes a big man to admit to acting like a little bitch, I'm blinded by your rays of valor.

Quarterquack
02-14-2012, 06:50 AM

Where did this new pattern start? And is my missing its conception proof positive of my waning activity around these parts?

Alien5
02-14-2012, 12:56 PM
Can somebody pm me - Ahd and btn?
I'm not sure.

Funkin'
02-14-2012, 01:44 PM
Broadcasthenet and I'm guessing AwesomeHD.

soulreaper
02-14-2012, 03:38 PM
So, if you're on TL and FTN is that good enough, or is IPT worth striving for?
undefined

whatcdfan
02-14-2012, 03:56 PM
My account works, I guess the cockie saved me.

merwais
02-14-2012, 04:15 PM
undefined

TL and IPT is kinda similar. FTN is different.

If you have TL, no need for IPT.
if you have IPT, no need for TL.

So keep only one.

absent_today
02-14-2012, 04:35 PM
Some Xbox 360 ISO Rips are exclusive to TL.

zoltex
02-14-2012, 07:50 PM
undefined

Itīs much easier to keep ratio on IPT.Same torrents.

Progress
02-14-2012, 09:56 PM
undefined

So keep only one.

What about the pron?

mjmacky
02-14-2012, 10:26 PM

if you have IPT, no need for TL.

So keep only one.

What happened to you merwais, you used to be completely void of rational thought and deductive reasoning? Is it the end of an era?

Where did this new pattern start? And is my missing its conception proof positive of my waning activity around these parts?

Idol has shared no info with me, but I'm pretty sure I know what has happened. A couple of bitchy little children having a difficult time understanding language in general began to report all of Idol's post, which in turn resulted in him getting a warning to cease his activity since it's creating problems for some members and the mods. This is all purely speculation, but is most likely what recently happened.

IdolEyes787
02-14-2012, 10:57 PM
Idol has shared no info with me, but I'm pretty sure I know what has happened. A couple of bitchy little children having a difficult time understanding language in general began to report all of Idol's post, which in turn resulted in him getting a warning to cease his activity since it's creating problems for some members and the mods. This is all purely speculation, but is most likely what recently happened.

No one warned me.A warning involves the threat of something bad happening to you .I don't see how denying access to a part the internet completely devoid of boobs could possibly be seen as being a bad thing.:unsure:

mjmacky
02-15-2012, 04:20 AM
No one warned me.A warning involves the threat of something bad happening to you

Well I was using it intransitively, so I'm sticking with my original assumption.