PDA

View Full Version : Five Year's Jail For Camcorders In Cinema

Darth Sushi
11-16-2003, 08:25 AM
You guys and gals with cams beware:

Holidaymakers - think again before bringing your camcorder into a US cinema. If your fumbling with the battery is misconstrued as an attempt to film what's on the screen, it could land you with a five jail term under a bill proposed by two US Senators yesterday.

Senators Dianne Feinstein and John Cornyn who announced the bill today, want to punish the use or an attempt to use a video recorder in a movie theatre with a custodial sentence. That's even if you have no made no attempt, nor even have any intent to publish your footage. Anyone caught doing so faces the same five year jail sentence, even if no infringement has taken place. A second offence raises the maximum term to ten years. The bill also proposes a scale of new fines, allowing the Motion Picture Association of America the same armory as the RIAA.

For complete story: Click Here (http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/33988.html)

RealitY
11-16-2003, 08:47 AM
I think alot of camers and release groups are NOT in the US, so this again is useless to stop anything and will only cause more irritation and crap publicity to the population at large, especially if anyone is actually charged with this utter crap...

EDIT: FK these two idiots

Senators Dianne Feinstein and John Cornyn
We all know Dianne is fkin idiot already, brown nosing the big pocket again...

EDIT AGAIN: Comical, as I was just saying

With the Senate wrapping up for the year, it's unlikely to be passed. The former Mayor of San Francisco, Feinstein received $242,066 from the entertainment industry in her most recent Senate race, making her the pigopolists third favorite Senator, after Hillary Clinton and John McCain.

james_bond_rulez
11-16-2003, 08:49 AM
who is watching cam?

there is far more better svcds made... <_<

RealitY
11-16-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@16 November 2003 - 00:49
who is watching cam?
Fast Track users...

devilfish
11-16-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by REALITY@16 November 2003 - 08:47
I think alot of camers and release groups are NOT in the US, so this again is useless to stop anything and will only cause more irritation and crap publicity to the population at large, especially if anyone is actually charged with this utter crap...

EDIT: FK these two idiots

Senators Dianne Feinstein and John Cornyn
We all know Dianne is fkin idiot already, brown nosing the big pocket again...

EDIT AGAIN: Comical, as I was just saying

With the Senate wrapping up for the year, it&#39;s unlikely to be passed. The former Mayor of San Francisco, Feinstein received &#036;242,066 from the entertainment industry in her most recent Senate race, making her the pigopolists third favorite Senator, after Hillary Clinton and John McCain.
Thats corpoarte USA for you, if that happened in the UK it would mean certain dismissal.
Very ammusing to watch corporations throwing their money at politicians to swing the vote their way.
But they will never win, most cams are made in Asia.

RealitY
11-16-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by devilfish@16 November 2003 - 01:07
But they will never win, most cams are made in Asia.
Exactly...

james_bond_rulez
11-16-2003, 10:36 AM
i am not watching those low quality cam anyways... <_<

so why should i care?

RealitY
11-16-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@16 November 2003 - 02:36
i am not watching those low quality cam anyways... <_<

so why should i care?
Selfish Canuk...

james_bond_rulez
11-16-2003, 10:47 AM
oh man dont tell me you download those lame cam clips like 200MB-300MB releases from tmd... <_<

nanotek
11-16-2003, 11:19 AM
cam clips suck <_<

RealitY
11-16-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@16 November 2003 - 02:47
oh man dont tell me you download those lame cam clips like 200MB-300MB releases from tmd... <_<
No...

internet.news
11-17-2003, 03:48 PM
some americans are really crazy, stupid in some ways - sorry to say that but it is so - and extraordinary:

just have a look:

~ some americans put their animals in microwave
~ there is a law that forbids young people and older people to love
each other, man this outdated&#33;&#33;&#33; I know protecting children is important,
but do not take it to high... If two people love each other...
man... my god... Mary Letarnou or so, she is still in jail... my god...
~old people and very young are sued of filesharing... that is
so funny and crazy, and SAD SAD SAD&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
~ and now in cinema, man.. man...

By the way not all people in america are so, but some are so, other
are opened ;)

Guys, london is still my favorite city due to its wonderful and opened atmosphere between people...

~nice dreams...

No one would really recognize if someone has a small camera in the
cinema - and it would not disturb me if it is quiet ...

And Quality is not the best :(
but if some want to do it - do it ;)

I really can imagine it like on airports - high security at each cinema scanning
your stuff and you for video cameras... man, this crazy and it useless time -
thie TIME COULD BE SPENT FOR FINDING REAL CRIMINALS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

PLEASE YOU ALL WHO ARE THINKING LIKE THIS - I do not charge anyone
cause you are just humans as well unf. - BUT PLEASE THINK ABOUT THE SENSE
OF IT ALL&#33;&#33;&#33;
thanks...

Arm
11-17-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by internet.news@17 November 2003 - 15:48
some americans are really crazy, stupid in some ways - sorry to say that but it is so - and extraordinary:

just have a look:

each other, man this outdated&#33;&#33;&#33; I know protecting children is important,
~ :huh: Where the hell did you hear that? An urban legend about an old woman who microwaved her cat to dry her off? ;)

~Well that law could use reform but being protected from sexual predators important too. In America, any sex thats not between a married man and woman used for making babies is EVIL&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :ph34r:

~Ah the old woman who downloaded 2000 rap songs in a month or whatever it was. :P Oh yeah like has any believability to it. :rolleyes: Well the RIAA are breaking more laws then the file-swappers are.

Gre1
11-18-2003, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by nanotek@16 November 2003 - 06:19
cam clips suck <_<
I agree I really don&#39;t care about that I don&#39;t watch those. I only watched Matrix Revolutions just because I wanted to see it that bad.

FF2k1984
11-18-2003, 04:11 AM
James Bond you got my Ip address wrong,LOL

abu_has_the_power
11-18-2003, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by Arm+17 November 2003 - 17:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Arm &#064; 17 November 2003 - 17:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-internet.news@17 November 2003 - 15:48

just have a look:

~ :huh: Where the hell did you hear that? An urban legend about an old woman who microwaved her cat to dry her off? ;)

~Well that law could use reform but being protected from sexual predators important too. In America, any sex thats not between a married man and woman used for making babies is EVIL&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :ph34r:

~Ah the old woman who downloaded 2000 rap songs in a month or whatever it was. :P Oh yeah like has any believability to it. :rolleyes: Well the RIAA are breaking more laws then the file-swappers are. [/b][/quote]
i think he/she was talking about the grandmas and grandpas who have music on their pcs, when they don&#39;t dl. it&#39;s their grandchildren that put stuff on their comp, and share them. lol. i read some articles on LA Times about this

another thing bout cams. when we were noobs, long long time ago in a galaxy far far away, we went on kazaa, and dled the one with the most sharers, or the tmd moviez ones. now, that we&#39;ve evolved into super pirates, those tmd&#39;s are discarded, and more noobs dl them. if they r puting people in jail, then tmd might not exist, unless the operate in another country, i&#39;m not sure. but tmd and cams are always there for the noobs, until they evolve

james_bond_rulez
11-18-2003, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by FF2k1984@18 November 2003 - 04:11
rofl my banner prob got the ip of your proxy, no big deal ;)

ScotchGuy
11-18-2003, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by FF2k1984@17 November 2003 - 20:11
Wow, that must be a great personal achievement, nobody cares. That banner usually is incorrect if you&#39;re behind a router, or something similar.

abu_has_the_power
11-18-2003, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez+17 November 2003 - 23:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (james_bond_rulez @ 17 November 2003 - 23:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FF2k1984@18 November 2003 - 04:11
rofl my banner prob got the ip of your proxy, no big deal ;) [/b][/quote]
lol. so many noobs are going nuts when they c this sig. hey dude, i got ur ip too. ha ha ha

no, there r not wat u think. it&#39;s not a prog, when i c my sig, i c my own ip and info

james_bond_rulez
11-18-2003, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@18 November 2003 - 04:25
lol. so many noobs are going nuts when they c this sig
:lol: tell me about it ;)

sparselyš
11-18-2003, 04:33 AM
They are definitely cracking down on the phenomenon. I can attest to that with a harrowing first-hand account.
I won&#39;t go into all the lurid details, but I narrowly escape imprisonment by explaining that it was NOT a camcorder, but rather a video
retransmitting device for the visually impaired. They didn&#39;t quite believe me, but I showed them my insurance card and flashed
a generic photocopied legal-looking document at the man that I keep in my wallet for just such an occasion.
He still wasn&#39;t quite satisfied, but once I showed him how he could save tens of dollars a year by simply selling pre-torn tickets,
he decided to let me go.
I start work next Wednesday.

james_bond_rulez
11-18-2003, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by sparsely? /><input type=@--
They are definitely cracking down on the phenomenon. I can attest to that with a harrowing first-hand account.
I won&#39;t go into all the lurid details, but I narrowly escape imprisonment by explaining that it was NOT a camcorder, but rather a video
retransmitting device for the visually impaired. They didn&#39;t quite believe me, but I showed them my insurance card and flashed
a generic photocopied legal-looking document at the man that I keep in my wallet for just such an occasion.
He still wasn&#39;t quite satisfied, but once I showed him how he could save tens of dollars a year by simply selling pre-torn tickets,
he decided to let me go.
I start work next Wednesday.
:blink:

good for you then :)

sparselyš
11-18-2003, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by sparselyš
at the man that I keep in my wallet

oh. hey&#33;
how did that guy get in there?
He better not be humping my photos :angry:

internet.news
11-18-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Gre1+18 November 2003 - 03:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gre1 @ 18 November 2003 - 03:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nanotek@16 November 2003 - 06:19
cam clips suck&nbsp; <_<
I agree I really don&#39;t care about that I don&#39;t watch those. I only watched Matrix Revolutions just because I wanted to see it that bad. [/b][/quote]
*** to the sex issue:

I also do not love to see people naked on the beach everytime, but I say it
openly, and if it is not a problem for them - means: if two people love each
other&#33;

means: it depends on EACH CASE&#33; But normally if they really love each other
I would not put them to jail, I would offer them help from a social institution if
they need it... but that is a little bit to strong, mean I can understand in some
ways, but is is too strong - and you have to DECIDE DIFFERENT IN EACH CASE&#33;
means: judges als ohave a big repsonsiblity, if they take their jobs serious...

this with the cat, I heard it from - and it does not mean everyone do this -
I think from my father who get from a friend. But is it true that if you buy something - there are always many warning on the package, if these warning
would not have been there - and some warnings are clear if you use your mind
or think about it - people try to take big companies to court ;)

~nice dreams...

hanguker
11-19-2003, 09:50 AM
you share WAY too many thoughts&#33;

Han