PDA

View Full Version : Usenetnow speeds all over the place.

whiteboy
02-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Seems like its not my connection. Speeds have been weak lately seems like everytime I open up sab I'm below 1mb/s on a 15MB connection. Then I mess around with it, restart it and it will get going again. When it does that I test a torrent from a fast site and my connection is maxed out for the whole download. Too bad I signed up for 3 months. I'll be going back to astra after this.

hdjunky
02-12-2012, 04:33 PM
You sure its not something else? I know you said in your last thread it was your connection. I'm on my 20 mbit connection this weekend and its going full bore for the past few hours and will be until later tonight. It doesn't sound right that if you restart sab it works fine for a bit. Maybe something with sab is screwed up? I helped my friend with sab several years ago and we found that ssl was under any sort of speeds was dragging things down for some reason. Without ssl was marginally better. When we used a diff reader things were normal. Wenever bothered to figure out why though. Did sab recently have an update for you? Looks like an update for it recently came out.

whiteboy
02-12-2012, 04:57 PM
Yah I did do an update recently. I guess it could be sab maybe I'll try another reader to be sure but sab has always been good to me. And SSL is a must as its one of the main reasons I like usenet.

hdjunky
02-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Yah I did do an update recently. I guess it could be sab maybe I'll try another reader to be sure but sab has always been good to me. And SSL is a must as its one of the main reasons I like usenet.

Ssl is good I know...but as a quick 2 minute test to see if sab is borked with ssl you coud maybe try with port 23 or something just to see.

whiteboy
02-12-2012, 05:11 PM
Yah thats worth a try.