PDA

View Full Version : Block account to go with usenetnow

whiteboy
02-12-2012, 04:25 PM
Is astra my only choice? I have been getting a lot of incompletes with usenetnow. Yesterday I went on a denzel washington kick. And it seems like half the movies are incomplete. THey have pars but I can't repair. Ages varied some were old like 900. Some not as much.

I signed up for xsusenet but it doesn't seem to work. I set it as backup in Sab but when I hit "test server" it just times out. And after like a week its only ever downloaded 5mb's. Also if I set it as the only server it will not connect.

hdjunky
02-12-2012, 04:34 PM
There is always highwinds if you can stomach giving those asses your money.

whiteboy
02-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Any recommendations on a block account?

hdjunky
02-12-2012, 05:03 PM
Oh forgot to say..I know it sounds strange but i have always had the eu server checked as backup to go with the US server. I've never had anything not be able to be fixed but maybe we just download different things or the eu trick really works. It is at least the free thing to try and then you can add the astra block account to be tried after.

whiteboy
02-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Yah I do actually have the EU as a backup. Maybe I just found some old stuff that had issues idk. The most recent file was like 990 days. Which should be good but idk. Oh well I grabbed a different version. But it has happened with like 3 or 4 movies since yesterday which sucks.

I'm over usenet now. As I was typing this post the next movie inline was incomplete. Just dropped 11 bucks on astra. Redownloaded a few rars and now its unpacking fine. Speed hasn't budged since I changed the servers to astra. Set usenetnow as a backup.

rapidfire
02-13-2012, 05:22 AM
Any recommendations on a block account?

either highwinds (thecubenet.com, newsgroupdirect.com, the list goes on... lol) or astraweb. I'm using a account with cube (unlimited) & astraweb block for incompletes.

Hypatia
02-13-2012, 05:56 AM
could you give links to some heavy damaged stuff,plz?

whiteboy
02-13-2012, 10:42 PM
could you give links to some heavy damaged stuff,plz?
I don't know what they were I grabbed like 12 movies. At least 4 or 5 were incomplete. After jumping over to astra I was able to complete all of them.