PDA

View Full Version : Warning of Spam Site

IdolEyes787
02-18-2012, 09:27 PM
I got this email and I feel obliged to pass it on . The site isn't named but since I got an email from something called Torrentfeed about the same time I'm going with that.

A few members have received emails from another tracker asking them to join their site, the owner of whom was previously a Moderator here and has harvested some members email addresses in his short time as staff. The site source code they are using is highly insecure and is a BETA version and all of your details including your passwords will be seriously at risk, none of the staff on that site have any experience of running a tracker and don't know the first thing about how to secure or run it. As well as this they ignore the DHT flags so your IP will be out there for thousands to see as well as the MPAA and FBI. I have now passed on this information to all other tracker owners warning them of this site, as well as reporting them to their hosting company for spamming. For the majority of you who haven't received such an email there's nothing to be concerned about, those that have simply delete the email or report it as spam, without clicking any links. Please feel free to also send a quick email to [email protected] and report them for sending unsolicited emails.

anon
02-19-2012, 02:05 AM
A few members have received emails from another tracker asking them to join their site

That on itself should be enough warning. Taking any hidden intentions they might have apart, spamming e-mails is probably the worst way to promote a new site.

mjmacky
02-19-2012, 02:09 AM
All very vague, why aren't there details?

I was telling a colleague once about my plans to use a program to gain entry into an English teaching position in Japan, there are many programs that do this (Jet, Teach Away, etc.). He had a friend already involved in a program and inquired on my behalf about the success with it. The reply was, "this program is so terrible that I won't even tell you its name". I had to point out that I could unwittingly use the very same program during my own search.

I guess the point is, why do people think not specifying particular information is a protective measure?

IdolEyes787
02-19-2012, 12:51 PM

I was telling a colleague once about my plans to use a program to gain entry into an English teaching position in Japan, there are many programs that do this (Jet, Teach Away, etc.).

Jet Li?I thought he was Chinese?

whatcdfan
02-19-2012, 01:52 PM

I was telling a colleague once about my plans to use a program to gain entry into an English teaching position in Japan, there are many programs that do this (Jet, Teach Away, etc.).

Kill me mama or I'll die laughing.:lol:

zoeygirly
02-19-2012, 08:22 PM
I was actually just coming over to post this as well, got the same exact email.

Wonder which site it was...

mjmacky
02-20-2012, 07:25 AM
program to gain entry into an English teaching position in Japan, there are many programs that do this (Jet, Teach Away, etc.).

No, you're thinking of Li Lianjie.