PDA

View Full Version : Private Trackers – The Worst Justice System In The World

disgruntled
02-19-2012, 12:20 PM
My ridiculous story about private trackers idiotic staff and rules, thought I would share this with everyone.

My experiences with tracker support staff have led me to question 4 things:
1. Why would anyone want to work, unpaid, for a tracker?
2. Do these people really think they’re better than everyone else?
3. What has happened in these peoples’ lives to make them so spiteful and vindictive?
4. If a country was run in the same way as a private tracker, how long would it be before anarchy set in?

My reason for speaking to tracker support staff? I was disabled on 3 trackers, apparently part of a “global ban”, although how 3 trackers counts as global I have no idea.

My apparent crime? Cheating and trading, although not on these trackers – of the 3 trackers whose staff I spoke with, none could tell me on which tracker I was supposed to have cheated, or who ordered this “global” ban. One tracker re-enabled my account but both of the others refused to re-enable my account unless I spoke to the person who ordered the global ban – yet would not give me any indication of who that person might be.

So what would happen if the justice system in any country was run in the same way as private trackers? Law enforcement would arrest you based on an incriminating comment made by “someone, somewhere”, and your only defense would be to contact the person who made the comment – but no-one would tell you who that person is. Ridiculous, right? But that is the exact justice system used in my case.

So, which trackers banned me for this “crime”? I won’t name both, but SceneXpress was one, and I have to say that their help staff were the least helpful I’ve ever encountered – they actually seemed to be going out of their way to be unhelpful.
Which leads me back to my questions – why would someone take up a job as tracker staff, without getting paid, just to go out of their way to annoy people? The only reason I can think is that they have some kind of hunger for power and authority, but staff on an internet site is hardly any level of power. If that’s the level of authority they yearn for then I can imagine them living a very depressing life.
Rather than only being support staff, this kind of mindset seems to carry across all staff at the majority of private trackers – most trackers seem to take the attitude that they’re doing you a favour by allowing you to be a member of their site, when in fact the opposite is true. In order to function, trackers need active members, as this activity in turn encourages other members to be active. Trackers with no activity typically don’t attract uploaders or donors, both of which are essential to a tracker’s survival. With such a wide variety of trackers competing for users, I am in fact doing trackers a favour by staying active on them.
Of all the trackers online though, SceneXpress has to be the worst. Not just because of the rudeness of their support staff, but because of the tracker’s history. The site is now in about it’s fourth or fifth incaranation, all of which have been virtually identical. It’s all very well sticking to the principal of “if at first you don’t succeed, try again”, but this only works if you look at what went wrong and then change it. Keeping trying the same business model and failing every time just shows the idiocy of the tracker’s admin staff.
So how has this little setback affected me? Well, it hasn’t really. Other than being completely flaggergasted at the ridiculous way in which these trackers operate, the situation hasn’t really bothered me. The trackers which banned me – who cares? There are many other trackers who will happily accept me as a member. And like I said – my global ban covered only 3 trackers, one of which re-instated me.

Cabalo
02-20-2012, 01:14 AM
You could have used your other account to post this, you know...

absent_today
02-20-2012, 03:29 AM
:lol:

megabyteme
02-20-2012, 04:18 AM
Private trackers are the second worst. If you disagree, feel free to further explore the public trackers and all of the problems associated there.

As for why individuals would donate their time, I am uncertain. I am sure there are a few who enjoy the vague semblance of "authority", but I would bet the majority enjoy the idea of being part of a community where money is not an issue in terms of media. Also, these volunteers seem to be well acquainted with each other so they use it as a daily social gathering.

Yes, there are problems with both private and public trackers. Pick your poison, or opt for usenet. Or don't share files at all...

DeadPoet
02-20-2012, 09:53 AM
Stick with larger private trackers like TL, IPT, RuTracker, etc. and you should be fine. That's what I've been doing lately and I haven't spoke to any staff members in years, though I haven't got in any trouble when I was all-about-community/small-trackers kinda guy eather. :idunno:
As MBM mentioned usenet is also an option.

cola
02-20-2012, 02:45 PM
Yeah, you should go over to Usenet. You can't get banned there. Although, don't go into soc.support.fat-acceptance. Those people get angry and send abuse complaints.

IdolEyes787
02-20-2012, 05:56 PM

Basically what he said.Anonymity shows not only cowardice but lack of conviction.
Also the fact that you choose to publicly denounce only the site (SceneXpress) which probably is held in the least regard while supposedly all 3 treated you similarly unfairly tells me that you adhere to the same sort of variable justice as the people you are denouncing here.
I would suggest that in the future before you go around attaching names to someone you should first be sure that the same thing doesn't apply to you as well.

BobFromAccounting
02-20-2012, 09:41 PM
stuff

You hate sex too? I thought I was the only one.

Funkin'
02-20-2012, 10:13 PM

Let us know who he is.

IdolEyes787
02-20-2012, 11:11 PM

Let us know who he is.

I think that would be against the site policy to protect people's identities no matter how guilty or wankish they are.

Funkin'
02-21-2012, 03:21 AM
I think that would be against the site policy to protect people's identities no matter how guilty or wankish they are.

Fuck it. I would do still do it if I were staff. But then again maybe that's why I'm not staff.

whatcdfan
02-21-2012, 05:35 AM
Yeah, this is the thread to watch out for :P

mjmacky
02-21-2012, 05:45 AM
Maybe we can drag them all out and have them tarred and feathered. However, how would you feel watching a naked 12 year old boy tarred and feathered? Personally, I'd rather oil him up and top him with some whipped cream. If you don't mind, I suddenly need to go masturbate.

glendower
02-21-2012, 10:44 AM
Stick with larger private trackers like TL, IPT, RuTracker, etc. and you should be fine. That's what I've been doing lately and I haven't spoke to any staff members in years, though I haven't got in any trouble when I was all-about-community/small-trackers kinda guy eather. :idunno:

i have the same experience as DeadPoet and staff have been kind,helpful and non abtrusive..perhaps its the sites you have been on IPT.X264 only good for me.

DarkLured
02-22-2012, 03:29 AM
Boo hoo, I don't like how the *free* website I use to get *free* stuff treated me, wah wah wah!!!

disgruntled
03-01-2012, 12:28 PM

True but then I probably would have ended up banned on a few other trackers, despite being innocent. Tracker staff aren't exactly famed for taking the truth into consideration.

Basically what he said.Anonymity shows not only cowardice but lack of conviction.
Also the fact that you choose to publicly denounce only the site (SceneXpress) which probably is held in the least regard while supposedly all 3 treated you similarly unfairly tells me that you adhere to the same sort of variable justice as the people you are denouncing here.
I would suggest that in the future before you go around attaching names to someone you should first be sure that the same thing doesn't apply to you as well.

Actually of the 3 trackers one was very helpful and polite, and re-enabled my account. One of the others declined to re-enable my account but one staff member was very apologetic about it all, although another was a bit rude. SceneXpress were the only ones who were complete assh0les about it. For what it's worth, I have a bit of respect for the staff at the tracker who re-enabled me.

Let us know who he is.

Why? Are you staff at a tracker and want to ban me? Let me know which tracker and if I'm a member there I'll delete my account ;)

1000possibleclaws
03-01-2012, 06:07 PM
This is really OPs fault for using these sorts of trackers, and there's really no reason to resort to them.

But I agree, that if someone staffs or better yet is first-line-support on a small imitation tracker such as SceneExpress they are most likely a moron. And no I have never been global banned or had any bad experiences with them. Just don't use sites that make themselves harder to get into than especially when they are shite in comparison to normal trackers.

Stabber
03-01-2012, 06:18 PM
I can't believe you have issues with these tracker . I cheat there with a lot of upload and no issues whatsoever . I love the staff attitude about it , they are very kind .

i have the same experience as DeadPoet and staff have been kind,helpful and non abtrusive..perhaps its the sites you have been on IPT.X264 only good for me.

x264? The site is ran by a bunch of kids getting tiny boners for being administrators or moderators .

x264 is just an hdbits wannabe , that's all like SeX is ScT wannabe .

Night0wl
03-02-2012, 12:30 AM
I can't believe you have issues with these tracker . I cheat there with a lot of upload and no issues whatsoever . I love the staff attitude about it , they are very kind .

x264? The site is ran by a bunch of kids getting tiny boners for being administrators or moderators .

Are you sure, you're not the kid or maybe just have serious issues? x264 is the only tracker I've ever been on where whenever an issues arrives I get a proper (i.e. not copy pasted bullshit) PM or post explaining exactly what and why me and staff might have a difference of opinion or otherwise potential trouble or for that matter even info I might want to know about. Maybe you don't like mature honesty?

And SCC is already SCTx2 so why even mention SeX?

Maybe it's the
I can't believe you have issues with these tracker . I cheat there with a lot of upload and no issues whatsoever that is causing you trouble?

IdolEyes787
03-02-2012, 12:35 AM
x264 is the only tracker I've ever been on where whenever an issues arrives I get a proper (i.e. not copy pasted bullshit) PM or post explaining exactly what and why me and staff might have a difference of opinion or otherwise potential trouble or for that matter even info I might want to know about.

What issues?

Night0wl
03-02-2012, 12:42 AM
If you are truly interested, then I'll gladly PM you with the details, but I won't post them here. If you weren't so stuck of low quality .avi I'm sure you would like it there too.

Stabber
03-02-2012, 12:43 AM

Are you sure, you're not the kid or maybe just have serious issues? x264 is the only tracker I've ever been on where whenever an issues arrives I get a proper (i.e. not copy pasted bullshit) PM or post explaining exactly what and why me and staff might have a difference of opinion or otherwise potential trouble or for that matter even info I might want to know about. Maybe you don't like mature honesty?

And SCC is already SCTx2 so why even mention SeX?

Maybe it's the
I can't believe you have issues with these tracker . I cheat there with a lot of upload and no issues whatsoever that is causing you trouble?

I would post a chat with one of the staff there , but i don't think is allowed .

And most probably you wouldn't change your mind , so just accept that not everyone agrees with you , like not everyone agrees with me .

I do believe that the site is run by kids , from my experience there and some other members . It's always best to keep low profile on private trackers

Night0wl
03-02-2012, 12:46 AM
If you want someone to agree with you then try mjmacky. One of my worst mistakes in my entire filesharing history inviting him there. Not the worst but close.. like at least top 3.

Stabber
03-02-2012, 12:51 AM
My friend is an ex staff member there so i trust his opinion more than yours .

If mjmacky agrees , is no surprise , the majority agrees . But again i respect your opinion , probably you donated there as well . It's a nice little tracker with good content , run by kids that's all .

Night0wl
03-02-2012, 01:01 AM
Haven't donated but not because I didn't want to. Paypal issues prevented me from helping them out when they needed it. To donate anywhere I need to do it through an IRL friend, who doesn't have internet access for months at a time, but that's really going into specifics.

The only place I've ever donated to is thevault and it's well worth it.

The only places that I would never donate to help out are the scene wannabe sites that steal all their content and still have those moronic "don't share our super special ultra mega packs filled with generic scene content" places. Oh and lets not forget you might or might not get some time limited crap invite if you do or maybe you even buy invites through your donation.

I prefer the ones that give you nothing in return except maybe immune to inactivity. Although of x264 that's definitely not an issue. If it is for anyone, then they seriously need to quit torrents altogether.

BTW if your friend is a former admin there, then please tell him that how he treated me was the most childish I have been treated on any site, filesharing or non-filesharing alike. Thankfully I was invited back by normal staff.

mjmacky
03-02-2012, 06:35 AM
If you want someone to agree with you then try mjmacky. One of my worst mistakes in my entire filesharing history inviting him there. Not the worst but close.. like at least top 3.

I gave you my caveat prior to you insisting I would be in a hospitable environment there, you have only yourself to blame. They disabled my account at my request since I thought they were a dim lot.

Why don't you publicly tell your story? That they disabled you for having an account here on FST? I thought they made you take a picture of yourself next to a bush and say that you're a shrub, you know, as an act to prove how little dignity you have in a desperate attempt to keep an account there. Am I thinking of the wrong tracker?

soulreaper
03-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Actually there IS no justice system in private trackers.

IdolEyes787
03-02-2012, 01:45 PM
If you are truly interested, then I'll gladly PM you with the details, but I won't post them here. If you weren't so stuck of low quality .avi I'm sure you would like it there too.

I thought it was necessary to ask because you made a statement without any hard facts to back it up .Therefore in lieu of proof it unfortunately has to be relegated to the "that's merely his opinion" bin.

Btw I am interested or I wouldn't have asked and I'm not "stuck on low quality". I basically only watch HD on my TV now , I just have the (maybe wrong) impression that much of the HD promotion in the bt world , like most things in the bt world, stems from people trying to find ways to somehow wrongly prove that they are better than anyone else.So at some fundamental level of douchebag liberalism I have a hard time supporting it (or FLAC).
Knee-jerk ,yes, but by observation I have found that the most surfacely fervent adherents are also merely the biggest convenient bandwagon jumpers.
Also as I've said many times I find someone cares more about whether a movie is correctly encoded over whether it is actually any good to be someone I'd probably prefer not to be associated with.:mellow:

ziggyjuarez
03-02-2012, 01:57 PM
If the Situation hasn't bothered you then why complain to me about it?go some where else and kick rocks.you think your cool. Because ur banned on three sites? So what I'm wanted in three states....:lol: naw not rly:)

sheriff 01
03-02-2012, 02:21 PM
Maybe if they had been successful with the global banning the op might have finally decided to say fuck it and go outside into the real world and get a piece of ass. Countless hours spent fucking wasted he can never get back-lol

Night0wl
03-02-2012, 06:18 PM

I gave you my caveat prior to you insisting I would be in a hospitable environment there, you have only yourself to blame. They disabled my account at my request since I thought they were a dim lot.

Why don't you publicly tell your story? That they disabled you for having an account here on FST? I thought they made you take a picture of yourself next to a bush and say that you're a shrub, you know, as an act to prove how little dignity you have in a desperate attempt to keep an account there. Am I thinking of the wrong tracker?

I didn't have to take any picture of any shrub or anything. I think you're mistaking them as standard wanting a picture of some shrubbery if you get deleted for inactivity, before they reenable your account again. Quite simply a way to weed the people out who don't really want their account enough to warrant them being reenabled.

Also I wasn't banned for having an account here. I was banned for being in somebody's invite tree and having been invited through giveaway here. The only shit I've ever have had to deal with regarding that site was due to running into a former admin in IRC, when I tried to get reenabled again. And yes he was nothing but a power hungry twat towards me, setting some ridiculous criteria, including but not limited to deleting my account here, if he were to reenable me. Criteria I couldn't accept, thus staying banned until being invited back by a more levelheaded staff at a later time. In all my other dealings with staff there whether through PM, forum or IRC, they have always been honest and direct without showing any sign of being powerhungry.

Maybe the people who were so very unfairly treated somehow brought it upon themselves, or came across as rude or otherwise unacceptable behaviour. If I had the volunteer job of sitting in some IRC channel dealing with cheaters, rulebreakers and the likes all day, then it would probably not take much, before some more innocent person was lumped into the undesirable category, just for saying the wrong thing at the wrong time.

It could even be that when I had my run-in with that powerhungry admin, I just had picked a really bad time to join the IRC channel. Maybe he was having a bad day due to IRL stuff or something like that and ended up taking it out on me. Anyway my time there afterwards has made up for any former wrongdoings towards me, so quite honestly I don't think about it at all. Holding a grudge against one of my favorite sites, because of something that happened back in 2007 with one former staff would be kinda overkill IMO.

Stabber
03-02-2012, 06:25 PM

I didn't have to take any picture of any shrub or anything. I think you're mistaking them as standard wanting a picture of some shrubbery if you get deleted for inactivity, before they reenable your account again. Quite simply a way to weed the people out who don't really want their account enough to warrant them being reenabled.

Also I wasn't banned for having an account here. I was banned for being in somebody's invite tree and having been invited through giveaway here. The only shit I've ever have had to deal with regarding that site was due to running into a former admin in IRC, when I tried to get reenabled again. And yes he was nothing but a power hungry twat towards me, setting some ridiculous criteria, including but not limited to deleting my account here, if he were to reenable me. Criteria I couldn't accept, thus staying banned until being invited back by a more levelheaded staff at a later time. In all my other dealings with staff there whether through PM, forum or IRC, they have always been honest and direct without showing any sign of being powerhungry.

Maybe the people who were so very unfairly treated somehow brought it upon themselves, or came across as rude or otherwise unacceptable behaviour. If I had the volunteer job of sitting in some IRC channel dealing with cheaters, rulebreakers and the likes all day, then it would probably not take much, before some more innocent person was lumped into the undesirable category, just for saying the wrong thing at the wrong time.

It could even be that when I had my run-in with that powerhungry admin, I just had picked a really bad time to join the IRC channel. Maybe he was having a bad day due to IRL stuff or something like that and ended up taking it out on me. Anyway my time there afterwards has made up for any former wrongdoings towards me, so quite honestly I don't think about it at all. Holding a grudge against one of my favorite sites, because of something that happened back in 2007 with one former staff would be kinda overkill IMO.

Or maybe he is a kid and immature , the most logical reason i think

P2PDog
03-02-2012, 07:58 PM

I've dealt with several of the staffers there. I have yet to meet the levelheaded one. I guess you got lucky.

mjmacky
03-02-2012, 08:14 PM
Dusk Loon gets upset if you don't sing praises of x264's staff, who haven't publicly demonstrated any particular reason to be respectably regarded. Oh well, was able to bait the full story out of him again, using bogus details seems to work every time with him. He tries to sugarcoat it, but it's still a pretty pathetic story, and he should be ashamed of ever signing back up.

Night0wl
03-04-2012, 06:24 AM
I staff at a not-torrent related site, so I can sympathize with staff on any site. Unfortunately we at times have to deal with the likes of mjmacky and similar.

justinius23
03-05-2012, 10:24 AM
what were we talking about again?

Disme
03-05-2012, 10:49 AM
Nothing important ... as usual!

mjmacky
03-05-2012, 11:22 AM
I staff at a not-torrent related site, so I can sympathize with staff on any site. Unfortunately we at times have to deal with the likes of mjmacky and similar.

I know first hand that it's difficult to deal with an intellect, it exhausts most people I encounter. Doesn't mean it should award you my sympathies.

Disme
03-05-2012, 12:26 PM
@ Night0wl and mjmacky ... is it possible to take your petty, childish feud about a tracker into PM please.
Nobody really cares about that story anymore ...

Recycled e-drama sucks monkeyballs ...

IdolEyes787
03-05-2012, 12:38 PM
@ Night0wl and mjmacky ... is it possible to take your petty, childish feud about a tracker into PM please.

But there's nothing on the other channels of any interest.

Disme
03-05-2012, 12:52 PM

18,000 + posts ... get a life ... :snooty:

mjmacky
03-05-2012, 03:41 PM
@ Disme... is it possible to take your petty, childish commentary about our petty childish feud about tracker staff into PM please.
Nobody really cares about anything you say anyway ...

Recycled dramatic infusion sucks monkey taint ...

Disme
03-05-2012, 04:33 PM
@ Disme... is it possible to take your petty, childish commentary about our petty childish feud about tracker staff into PM please.
Nobody really cares about anything you say anyway ...

Recycled dramatic infusion sucks monkey taint ...

Can't blame you for writing what you just wrote ... what you probably don't know is that your feud with nightowl has been debated rather extensively in other circles where you weren't present.
Believe it or not (according to you nobody cares anyway) but I told nightowl the exact same thing back than:

It's very childish and immature for someone (in casu nightowl) to hold such a grudge against somebody else (in casu you) for a petty tracker-membership/invite gone wrong.

But hey ... I'm nobody, just passing by and stating the obvious (for me that is).

IdolEyes787
03-05-2012, 05:58 PM

I thinking this could be the start of some petty but long lasting internet blood feud.Luckily for you I'm far too busy wanking off to invest the amount of time into it that it properly deserves.
Btw I made like 17273 of those all on the same day while under the influence of a particularly potent batch of cocaine.:snooty:

Disme
03-05-2012, 06:11 PM

I thinking this could be the start of some petty but long lasting internet blood feud.

My thoughts exactly ... :shifty:

mjmacky
03-05-2012, 09:46 PM
Can't blame you for writing what you just wrote ... what you probably don't know is that your feud with nightowl has been debated rather extensively in other circles where you weren't present.
Believe it or not (according to you nobody cares anyway) but I told nightowl the exact same thing back than:

It's very childish and immature for someone (in casu nightowl) to hold such a grudge against somebody else (in casu you) for a petty tracker-membership/invite gone wrong.

But hey ... I'm nobody, just passing by and stating the obvious (for me that is).

I'm courting you sir, can you not read the signals? You may wonder why, with so little interaction between us in the past, but I believe that Belgians are the most refined Germans to be offered.

I'm aware of the external discussion, but don't really care for the details as it probably wasn't interesting without me around anyway. On another note, to label it as a feud is kind of silly. From what I know about noon dodo, he has practically no sense of humor, so it'd be easy to imagine him taking the position of a grudge of sorts. It's entertainment for me, you are requesting me to stop entertaining myself. That's one of the most futile or ill-informed requests proposed to me in quite some time.

Scratch that, I think someone offered me a bible last week.

Lucifer9999
03-08-2012, 08:13 PM
I got disabled on x264, and i went on irc of course.. there, an idiot said that i am a trader. when i asked nicely when or where that happened, i was told that that does not matter and he do not believe me that i am not a trader.... i tried to explain that ignorant bitch that he does not need to believe me, but to know or do not know for sure i was a trader.... and i got kicked off and end of story....
ps: never ever trade, for any reason.... stupidity is big.....

IdolEyes787
03-08-2012, 08:28 PM
I got disabled on x264, and i went on irc of course.. there, an idiot said that i am a trader. when i asked nicely when or where that happened, i was told that that does not matter and he do not believe me that i am not a trader.... i tried to explain that ignorant bitch that he does not need to believe me, but to know or do not know for sure i was a trader.... and i got kicked off and end of story....
ps: never ever trade, for any reason.... stupidity is big.....
For help you have to go to IRC.Ironically IRC is what trackers created to hide the stupidest members from the rest of us.

mjmacky
03-08-2012, 11:42 PM
IRC is like seeing monkeys at the zoo. The are portrayed in media as interesting and intuitive creatures that you would probably like to own one as a pet. Then you visit them at the zoo and they are dirty, throwing and licking their feces, or just rubbing their genitals. What I'm saying here is that tracker staff don't make good house pets.

megabyteme
03-09-2012, 03:16 AM
IRC is like seeing monkeys at the zoo. The are portrayed in media as interesting and intuitive creatures that you would probably like to own one as a pet. Then you visit them at the zoo and they are dirty, throwing and licking their feces, or just rubbing their genitals. What I'm saying here is that tracker staff don't make good house pets.

Canceling my order now. Any idea what I can do with my (now unneeded) 10X10X20 ft plexiglass kennel? :(

n00bz0r
03-09-2012, 05:54 AM
Haven't donated but not because I didn't want to. Paypal issues prevented me from helping them out when they needed it. To donate anywhere I need to do it through an IRL friend, who doesn't have internet access for months at a time, but that's really going into specifics.

The only place I've ever donated to is thevault and it's well worth it.

The only places that I would never donate to help out are the scene wannabe sites that steal all their content and still have those moronic "don't share our super special ultra mega packs filled with generic scene content" places. Oh and lets not forget you might or might not get some time limited crap invite if you do or maybe you even buy invites through your donation.

I prefer the ones that give you nothing in return except maybe immune to inactivity. Although of x264 that's definitely not an issue. If it is for anyone, then they seriously need to quit torrents altogether.

BTW if your friend is a former admin there, then please tell him that how he treated me was the most childish I have been treated on any site, filesharing or non-filesharing alike. Thankfully I was invited back by normal staff.

Oh man, if you're talking about X264, I completely understand your point.
I have never had issues with getting accounts on BT trackers back after prolonged inactivity due to insanely busy college schedule. But, X264 was an exception. They refused to give me my account back coz I didn't have enough time to indulge in their childish bullshit of clicking pics and doing random stuff :lol:

Anyway, more power to the power tripping megalomaniacs out there!