PDA

View Full Version : OK we get the message

Squeamous
02-23-2012, 10:21 PM
You're not supposed to put batteries in the bin. So what the fuck are you supposed to do with them, shove them up your arse and hope they find their way to Narnia? :ermm:

Biggles
02-23-2012, 10:27 PM
You're not supposed to put batteries in the bin. So what the fuck are you supposed to do with them, shove them up your arse and hope they find their way to Narnia? :ermm:

I give mine to my local Superdrug shop

They have asked me to stop but I pretend to be deaf

manker
02-23-2012, 10:33 PM
:glag: ^

===

Why can't you put them in the bin.
Do they explode :unsure:

Biggles
02-23-2012, 10:44 PM

===

I do know that I put several in my pocket to deliver to the pretty girl in Superdrug (the one with the confused expression) and when I put my hand in my pocket to get them out a couple of them were so damned hot that I burned my hand. Batteries of different flavours jiggling together do strange things....apparently.

I'm sure there is a dirty joke in there somewhere :unsure:

manker
02-23-2012, 10:53 PM

===

I do know that I put several in my pocket to deliver to the pretty girl in Superdrug (the one with the confused expression) and when I put my hand in my pocket to get them out a couple of them were so damned hot that I burned my hand. Batteries of different flavours jiggling together do strange things....apparently.

I'm sure there is a dirty joke in there somewhere :unsure:I tried, and failed, to make one.
There's an unfeasibly high innuendo count in there but I just can't seem to crack one off.

Biggles
02-23-2012, 10:55 PM

I'm sure there is a dirty joke in there somewhere :unsure:I tried, and failed, to make one.
There's an unfeasibly high innuendo count in there but I just can't seem to crack one off.

I'm sure Benny Hill could have managed

mjmacky
02-23-2012, 11:50 PM

Because the electrolyte solution is caustic in most batteries, hazardous waste disposal methods apply. It's typically potassium hydroxide (KOH) or sulfuric acid (H2SO4) depending on the battery.

IdolEyes787
02-23-2012, 11:54 PM

Because the electrolyte solution is caustic in most batteries, hazardous waste disposal methods apply. It's typically potassium hydroxide (KOH) or sulfuric acid (H2SO4) depending on the battery.It's because they are afraid of what rats might do if they ever get their hands paws on the technology. .......

manker
02-23-2012, 11:56 PM

Because the electrolyte solution is caustic in most batteries, hazardous waste disposal methods apply. It's typically potassium hydroxide (KOH) or sulfuric acid (H2SO4) depending on the battery.So each battery disposed of in a bin might dissolve some organic matter deep within a landfill site.
This sounds srs.

IdolEyes787
02-23-2012, 11:59 PM
The fear is that it could infiltrate the water table.

mjmacky
02-24-2012, 12:02 AM

I had a water table once, everything I tried to put on it fell right through, it was completely useless.

manker
02-24-2012, 12:05 AM
I hadn't heard of this and batteries have been disposed of in regular bin type bins for millennia.
Either the horse has bolted already or is the stay at home type and no mind need be paid.

manker
02-24-2012, 12:05 AM

I had a water table once, everything I tried to put on it fell right through, it was completely useless.
You should see the mess my periodic table made.

Artemis
02-24-2012, 12:10 AM
:glag::glag::glag:

mjmacky
02-24-2012, 12:23 AM
You should see the mess my periodic table made.

That's what you get for getting involved with a heavy metal chick.

manker
02-24-2012, 12:40 AM
The last few I've co-habited with have been more your Argon, Xenon and Neon type :dabs:

Squeamous
02-24-2012, 06:03 PM
The last few I've co-habited with have been more your Argon, Xenon and Neon type :dabs:

You'd think you would have found one you like by now wouldn't you? :unsure:

I didn't know that about batteries. I just assumed they wouldn't rot or something else. All electrical items you buy these days have a wheelie bin with a cross through it on a leaflet enclosed within the box. It's very annoying. I mean, obviously I still throw them in the bin, but I don't like being made to feel guilty about it.

manker
02-24-2012, 06:11 PM
Yeah I've lived with four up 'til now.
This current one is decent enough but fuck me, women are so messy. I thought they were all like my mam.

Can you imagine my surprise to discover the extent of their collective slovenly ways.

Blokes are far worse but I just thought that women would be, you know, tidier :ermm:

Squeamous
02-24-2012, 06:15 PM
This current one is decent enough but fuck me, women are so messy. I thought they were all like my mam.

Can you imagine my surprise to discover the extent of their collective slovenly ways.

Blokes are far worse but I just thought that women would be, you know, tidier :ermm:

Buy her a salon voucher for her birthday ffs. Coming on here and announcing your missus has a council community garden between her legs strikes me as slightly ungallant.

manker
02-24-2012, 06:21 PM

Buy her a salon voucher for her birthday ffs. Coming on here and announcing your missus has a council community garden between her legs strikes me as slightly ungallant.Therefore implying that I'm somehow aware than my mam has a perfectly tended shaven haven.
You're a scamp and a rogue and I'll have no truck with your cleverly constructed tomfoolery :snooty:

Squeamous
02-24-2012, 06:27 PM
Buy her a salon voucher for her birthday ffs. Coming on here and announcing your missus has a council community garden between her legs strikes me as slightly ungallant.Therefore implying that I'm somehow aware than my mam has a perfectly tended shaven haven.
You're a scamp and a rogue and I'll have no truck with your cleverly constructed tomfoolery :snooty:

:smilie4:

mjmacky
02-25-2012, 01:22 AM
Therefore implying that I'm somehow aware than my mam has a perfectly tended shaven haven.

I can vouch for that, though this will be the last freebie I offer.

Barbarossa
02-27-2012, 10:02 AM
I too am a recent convert to the don't-put-your-batteries-in-the-bin brigade.

I save them up in a box and squeeze them into the always-full battery recycling bucket at our local sainsbury's.

I'm doing my little bit for the Chinese so they inherit a non-fucked environment when they take over the planet in the years to come. Oh yes.

We recycle our plastic bags too. Also our glass, (even though it's perhaps the most abundantly readily-accessible material in the world....)

Squeamous
02-27-2012, 11:57 AM
I have never seen an appropriate place to discard batteries in public, this is why I'm puzzled. But maybe that's because I don't shop in posh supermarkets :smilie4:

manker
02-27-2012, 12:11 PM
I have never seen an appropriate place to discard batteries in public, this is why I'm puzzled. But maybe that's because I don't shop in posh supermarkets :smilie4:Lidls; for when you're too pikey for Asda.