PDA

View Full Version : Scientific journal sources.

Quarterquack
02-26-2012, 01:29 AM
So currently I use Avaxhome to get my scientific journal fix, but recently (much to my dismay), a specific release took an entire 6 days to be uploaded. 6 days is a long time in the scientific world, considering 1 day later the newer issue of Science came out, and I was left with double the work to read in the current week.

Anyone know of better sources?

Yes, I know I can setup a VPN in my University. Yes, I know I can go to my public library. No, I won't do either of those, and I won't shell out $300 a year for something I should have access to as part of my daily routine.

mjmacky
02-28-2012, 03:30 AM
Can't help you, I use SciFinder in correlation with my university, it's free.

Quarterquack
02-28-2012, 04:03 AM
Can't help you, I use SciFinder in correlation with my university, it's free.

I use Scopus happily when I'm on campus, but I don't want to go through the hassle of setting up access to my University subscription from home, especially since I don't want to struggle to keep up with material should I want to pursue my absolutely serious lifelong dream of fishing for two years non-stop.

mjmacky
02-28-2012, 05:07 AM
I use Scopus happily when I'm on campus, but I don't want to go through the hassle of setting up access to my University subscription from home, especially since I don't want to struggle to keep up with material should I want to pursue my absolutely serious lifelong dream of fishing for two years non-stop.

By that do you mean VPN access? Mine is really click click, couldn't be easier.

megabyteme
02-28-2012, 06:59 AM
should I want to pursue my absolutely serious lifelong dream of fishing for two years non-stop.

It will never work. I've heard they don't bite at night.