PDA

View Full Version : This is what crazy sounds like

Squeamous
02-26-2012, 10:45 AM
Truly frightening!

http://soundcloud.com/vaughan-1-1/this-is-what-crazy-looks-like?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=mshare&utm_medium=facebook&utm_content=http%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fvaughan-1-1%2Fthis-is-what-crazy-looks-like

NotLettingItGo
02-26-2012, 10:54 AM

Squeamous
02-26-2012, 01:28 PM
Irony :ermm:

Artemis
02-27-2012, 05:03 AM
Truly frightening!

http://soundcloud.com/vaughan-1-1/this-is-what-crazy-looks-like?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=mshare&utm_medium=facebook&utm_content=http%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fvaughan-1-1%2Fthis-is-what-crazy-looks-like

A New Zealand radio station, and one I listen to, noice.

Squeamous
02-27-2012, 11:55 AM
Usually I can't stand their annoying little voices, but this one's alright.

Artemis
02-27-2012, 11:58 AM
:o

Squeamous
02-27-2012, 12:06 PM
Aw, yeeah, throw anutha shreemp awn the baaabi ya flaming galah!

:angry2:

I am just feeling soooo racist today....

manker
02-27-2012, 12:19 PM

I am just feeling soooo racist today....That's Aussie dialect, I've watched Home and Away, you know.

New Zealanders say they sound totally different to Aussies, but they don't.
It's like Canadians saying they sound different to Americans. Or Indians saying they don't sound Pakistani.

Foreigners, they haven't got a clue :mellow:

Artemis
02-27-2012, 12:30 PM

I am just feeling soooo racist today....That's Aussie dialect, I've watched Home and Away, you know.

New Zealanders say they sound totally different to Aussies, but they don't.
It's like Canadians saying they sound different to Americans. Or Indians saying they don't sound Pakistani.

Foreigners, they haven't got a clue :mellow:

I can tell Candidians from merkins speshally southern merkins that drag their vowels and say wonderful words like ve-hicle. As for Aussies you only have to get them to say the word 'six' to play spot the Aussie. :blink:

manker
02-27-2012, 12:36 PM
Texans are a special case but I'd just think a Canadian was from somewhere that isn't Texas or Louisiana or Kentucky or all those other places that drawl.

The Aussie/Kiwi thing is funny, I know a few Aussie girls who insist that their accent is distinct from Kiwis, but I honestly can't discern it at all.

Artemis
02-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Texans are a special case but I'd just think a Canadian was from somewhere that isn't Texas or Louisiana or Kentucky or all those other places that drawl.

The Aussie/Kiwi thing is funny, I know a few Aussie girls who insist that their accent is distinct from Kiwis, but I honestly can't discern it at all.

You can tell regional dialects from the UK quite easily can you not, the difference between a liverpudlian and a londoner are obvious ? Or a Welsh and a Scottish accent ?

To me the difference between an Aussie and a Kiwi is as obvious, the Australians have a more nasal quality to the pronounciation and flatter vowels, I mentioned the word six before, it sounds like sex when pronounced by an Australian which gives us a slight giggle, I'm still waiting for an Aussie to turn up and jump up and down though.....
Where is ILOVENZB when you need him?

manker
02-27-2012, 01:23 PM
Oh yeah, I know it's a perception thing.
I'm just a gigantic xenophobe.

I do think, though, that the difference between the examples you gave and the difference between a kiwi and an aussie dialect - and indeed the canadia/america accent - is much more pronounced and would be discernible by pretty much everyone.

Artemis
02-27-2012, 01:31 PM
Oh yeah, I know it's a perception thing.
I'm just a gigantic xenophobe.

I do think, though, that the difference between the examples you gave and the difference between a kiwi and an aussie dialect - and indeed the canadia/america accent - is much more pronounced and would be discernible by pretty much everyone.

It is obvious that the examples I gave are much more pronounced, but then you have had a few thousand years to differentiate, New Zealand has only been a nation since 1840.

manker
02-27-2012, 01:35 PM
I never thought of it like that but that could be because French and Germans don't have the same extent of regional diversity in dialect we do - and their history is comparable.