PDA

View Full Version : 10 Ways to Detoxify Your Body

loveeh
03-01-2012, 01:45 PM
Feeling sluggish or out of sync? Having skin problems, aches and pains, or digestive problems? Straying from your healthier habits lately? Having trouble kicking off your weight loss?It might be time for a body detox.

weenden
03-01-2012, 04:03 PM
yeah drink plenty of water try not to eat greasy foods take some kind of vitamins , multi vitamin, fish oil, acidelphias, my spelling sucks but try this to start and keep drinking your water maybe have it check to see if its safe to drink first

Snee
03-01-2012, 05:53 PM
And above all, don't get banned.

Biggles
03-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Malt Whisky

The water of life

manker
03-01-2012, 10:06 PM
The water of life
Where did that metaphor spring from.

I've tried several times, to no avail, to persevere such that I end up liking whiskey.
What/s the secret, Les?

Snee
03-01-2012, 10:42 PM
No tastebuds.

Biggles
03-01-2012, 11:31 PM
The water of life

I've tried several times, to no avail, to persevere such that I end up liking whiskey.
What/s the secret, Les?

Whisky is an Anglicised attempt at uisge beatha which is Gaelic for water of life.

Take your malt, perhaps a light one like Glenmorangie or a gentle peat like Tobermory (not the Womble) and add a little water, no more than 50/50, a little less water than malt is my preference, swirl gently to release the fragrance and then sip. Avoid mixing lots of other drinks during the night if you want to keep your brain in your skull the next day. I don't find the morning after too unpleasant if I just stick to malt. In fact I feel suffused in a sweet malt afterglow and thoroughly detoxed (whatever that is).

It does help if you like the taste of whisky though.

manker
03-01-2012, 11:50 PM

What/s the secret, Les?

Whisky is an Anglicised attempt at uisge beatha which is Gaelic for water of life.

Take your malt, perhaps a light one like Glenmorangie or a gentle peat like Tobermory (not the Womble) and add a little water, no more than 50/50, a little less water than malt is my preference, swirl gently to release the fragrance and then sip. Avoid mixing lots of other drinks during the night if you want to keep your brain in your skull the next day. I don't find the morning after too unpleasant if I just stick to malt. In fact I feel suffused in a sweet malt afterglow and thoroughly detoxed (whatever that is).

It does help if you like the taste of whisky though.
I feel sure that you're the only person I know who would know that Gaelic etymology thing.
Noice.

My missus' dad has invested much of himself in getting me to like whiskey and absolutely insists that I join him in a nip whenever I go to their house. I've tried the mixing with water but he won't let me put any lemonade in.
He absolutely refuses to believe that it's possible to dislike the stuff if you persevere. He has a similar outlook regarding olives.

I've been engaged in this project for four years now.
I don't think there is much hope for success :(

Proper Bo
03-02-2012, 12:56 AM
but he won't let me put any lemonade in.

i don't like whisky either but this still made me :lol::earl:

Artemis
03-02-2012, 02:37 AM
More of a Glenlivet boy myself than Glenmorangie, but you have impeccable taste there biggles.

mjmacky
03-02-2012, 06:29 AM
The hardest liquor I can enjoy seems to top off somewhere between 15-18 %, but then again, I'm a pussy.

Snee
03-02-2012, 08:14 AM
The hardest liquor I can enjoy seems to top off somewhere between 15-18 %, but then again, I'm a pussy.

Have you tasted absinthe?

Tastes like liquorice, and is somehow not that harsh even at like 60%

Ashbringer
03-02-2012, 08:53 AM
Sounds helpful. I really should have a try.

mjmacky
03-02-2012, 11:03 AM

Have you tasted absinthe?

Tastes like liquorice, and is somehow not that harsh even at like 60%

I hate all liquorice and anise flavored liquors, and this is a repeat statement so you know I'm serious. Other anise ones that I've tried and will avoid the rest of my life include Balkan Ouzo and Chinese Baijiu. Instant vomausea.

manker
03-02-2012, 11:09 AM
If the hardest liquor you like scans in at between 15 and 18%, then you don't like hard liquor.
Shirley.

mjmacky
03-02-2012, 02:51 PM
then you don't like hard liquor.

Yes, that would be the short way to say it.

manker
03-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Yeah. So anyway, what kind of beverage has an alcohol count of between fifteen and eighteen percent.

I'm thinking like fortified wine and, idfk what else.

mjmacky
03-02-2012, 05:48 PM
You hit it on the nose, specifically vermouths.

manker
03-02-2012, 05:58 PM
Hey did you drop these? At first I thought it was a lumpy leather coin purse, but on second examination I'm sure they belong to you. You didn't throw them away on purpose, did you?

mjmacky
03-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Hey did you drop these? At first I thought it was a lumpy leather coin purse, but on second examination I'm sure they belong to you. You didn't throw them away on purpose, did you?

Bitch, real hard men drink vermouth with other hard men.

IdolEyes787
03-02-2012, 06:53 PM
Yeah. So anyway, what kind of beverage has an alcohol count of between fifteen and eighteen percent.

http://www.beertutor.com/beers/index.php?t=highest_alcohol

I've got a bottle of 126.6 proof Booker's 7 year old batch bourbon in my hands as we speak and I can't even begin to fathom what some of those would taste like.I think I had something that was 80+% once but at that content you are basically burning your taste buds so I have no clue if it had any flavour or not.

Bacardi used to export a rum called 151 (proof ) but I don't know if the do anymore.

manker
03-02-2012, 09:54 PM

I've got a bottle of 126.6 proof Booker's 7 year old batch bourbon in my hands as we speak and I can't even begin to fathom what some of those would taste like.I think I had something that was 80+% once but at that content you are basically burning your taste buds so I have no clue if it had any flavour or not.

Bacardi used to export a rum called 151 (proof ) but I don't know if the do anymore.I've never tasted anything over 40% that I've liked. Southern Comfort is around that mark, I think, and is quite palatable.

Also, you should pose for pics with the Bookers and invite Mary to do the same with her vermouth.
I would then post a pic of myself drinking 4% beer with one eyebrow quizzically raised.

Mary's wife would then name the club and we'd be friends forever.

megabyteme
03-02-2012, 09:58 PM

I wouldn't want to be in your ghey spirits club, anyways... :snooty:

manker
03-02-2012, 10:09 PM

I wouldn't want to be in your ghey spirits club, anyways... :snooty:
We're a tight triumvirate - which sounds like a fantastic male masturbator - but you would be very welcome.
Provided, of course, you pass the initiation.

I'm not sure what it is but it probably involves cocks.

megabyteme
03-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Three small ones, I presume...

manker
03-02-2012, 10:27 PM
That wouldn't be important unless you're a catcher.

IdolEyes787
03-02-2012, 10:27 PM

Bacardi used to export a rum called 151 (proof ) but I don't know if the do anymore.I've never tasted anything over 40% that I've liked. Southern Comfort is around that mark, I think, and is quite palatable.

Also, you should pose for pics with the Bookers and invite Mary to do the same with her vermouth.
I would then post a pic of myself drinking 4% beer with one eyebrow quizzically raised.

After we are all dead how will that work?

That's me on the far left btw.

Alien5
03-02-2012, 10:38 PM
2. Take a shit

manker
03-02-2012, 10:55 PM
I've never tasted anything over 40% that I've liked. Southern Comfort is around that mark, I think, and is quite palatable.

After we are all dead how will that work?

That's me on the far left btw.You're much more mottled than I imagined. Like the outside of a suid's lung.

It would work because we'd all take a ghey suicide pact (to be activated the moment one of the triumvirate got mortally wounded in battle or w/e).
That final moment would encapsulate the friendship into a tangible but tiny singularity which would then plummet downward and come to rest at the centre of the earth and outlast both the planet and the encompassing 'verse.

Snee
03-02-2012, 11:20 PM
So the hippie set you up, then.

manker
03-02-2012, 11:33 PM
It's actually a true line from a real scene from the actual epilogue to Firefly which I wrote on the inside cover of a Simplex book a couple of years ago :snooty:

Artemis
03-02-2012, 11:53 PM
I once drank an 'along the line' at a nightclub on a dare. This drink is a nip of each of the topshelf from the dispensers above the bar. It ended up being a three quarters full 8oz. glass filled with this brackish diahorrea looking liquid. The friend who dared me to do it and drank the same concoction with me ended up in hospital with alcohol poisoning (wuss) and I lost most of a day and woke up with a very sore head (I did a starfish onto my concrete driveway), and a very concerned girlfriend who thought I and my friends were binge drinkers. Aaaaah the good thymes....

cathymartin
03-12-2012, 11:42 AM
Nice Post

manker
03-12-2012, 05:36 PM
I know of a guy who did a goat when he was pished up, but I've never heard of starfish abuse.
Unless it's a heemasex euphemism.

IdolEyes787
03-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Nice PostDitto.

manker
03-12-2012, 05:47 PM
Thx

IdolEyes787
03-12-2012, 05:54 PM
I wasn't talking to you,a fact that should have been apparent since no obscenities were involved.

Artemis
03-12-2012, 09:47 PM
I know of a guy who did a goat when he was pished up, but I've never heard of starfish abuse.
Unless it's a heemasex euphemism.

The only abuse was to myself, a starfish is falling full length with your arms out, I don't remember doing it ofc, my girlfriend saw me fall over, came over to check on me, and apparently I opened one eye, said "Owwww" and then closed it again. She left me to it for awhile.....

manker
03-12-2012, 10:18 PM
Touch of the Marys there, Arty :naughty:

Artemis
03-12-2012, 11:33 PM
Touch of the Marys there, Arty :naughty:

'twas more of an inebriated moment than a gurly moment, just a more strange night out than usual. :blink: