PDA

View Full Version : Just a wild idea

IdolEyes787
03-02-2012, 06:30 PM
I don't suppose you would consider creating access requirements for certain other sections like the ones in place for the invite/trade sections?

I seriously get sick of disinterested wanks making one word posts in the movie/TV section never to be seen again as soon as they are able to start asking /trading for something.
If they (obviously) have no real interest in the sections they are exploiting then fuck them and seal them all in a cage(the bt section) and let them babble incoherently to one another at their moronic leisure.

Btw I understand that will likely make the movie section basically dead(er) but that imo is still preferable to the relentless MINDLESS spam.

mjmacky
03-02-2012, 06:46 PM
Also, remove all of Idol's posts where he gives terrible reviews to terrible movies. He should have known better. And yes I'm seconding the first post, making this the 2nd 1.

IdolEyes787
03-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Also, remove all of Idol's posts where he gives terrible reviews to terrible movies. He should have known better. And yes I'm seconding the first post, making this the 2nd 1.
I can only comment on what I watch.Not my fault that I'm drawn to shite.

Also can you ban use of the word "meme".

megabyteme
03-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Honestly, I think I would view, and participate in, the movie/tv section more if those disinterested (as described by Idol) posters stayed out. The concept for the section is "discussion" unless I'm mistaken. Those posts add nothing to discussion, and take from anyone who would consider frequenting.

Those who would go to the movie/tv section straight away for discussion of the topics will find their way back to the section as soon as they reach the 10 posts, or whatever. The only ones kept out are post-counters. Let them splatter BT with their ooze.

Cabalo
03-02-2012, 10:00 PM
:rolleyes:

megabyteme
03-02-2012, 10:12 PM
Reminds me of the scene in Holy Grail where the "witch" is being hauled away by the mob (after weighing the same as a duck) and she comments, "Well, that was a fair trial..."

IdolEyes787
03-02-2012, 10:29 PM
:rolleyes:

I'm glad that they decided to hire a Mod with a sense of humour to even things out.

manker
03-02-2012, 11:29 PM
Send them to the lounge to make their 20 posts over the course of a month or whatever the current restrictions are.

As much as I'm very fond of the 87 people who regularly post there, the traffic might be invigorating. I'd delete the particularly inane spam with impunity and it would give me something to do when Dave isn't being a tit.

It might work out to the benefit of the bit-tard section. We're knee deep in silk purses.
Warning, subtlety above.

NotLettingItGo
03-03-2012, 12:56 AM
I can always be more of a tit for you manker.

tesco
03-03-2012, 01:29 AM
IMO the whole access restrictions in the BT section need to be removed altogether, for the benefit of the rest of the forum.
I've been saying it for years.

KFlint
03-03-2012, 03:37 AM
IMO the whole access restrictions in the BT section need to be removed altogether, for the benefit of the rest of the forum.

Then do it, no need for this post count rule, a wait time is adequate.

IdolEyes787
03-03-2012, 12:55 PM

Doesn't seem right though for people to expect to get something for nothing. (Note: irony as I am posting this on a filesharing related site :mellow:)

I would add here how "hard is it to actually take your finger out o your ass and sit down for two minutes to contribute something the tiniest bit interesting or relevant to the many non-bt thread in this place?" but I've been here far too long to say anything as foolish as that.

KFlint
03-03-2012, 02:07 PM

Doesn't seem right though for people to expect to get something for nothing.

As it takes 30 seconds to sort the post count requirement once the wait time is over (which is often what happens), safe to say it's pointless. No need to complicate things with a buffer section or anything fancy.

IdolEyes787
03-06-2012, 01:13 PM
I suggest everyone that hasn't demonstrated at least an attempt at a sense of humour be banned from the site.

Disme
03-06-2012, 01:17 PM

I've corrected that for ya :)

hungrylilboy
03-06-2012, 02:28 PM
remove BT section which make no sense with FileSharingTalk?

Quarterquack
03-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Btw I understand that will likely make the movie section basically dead(er) but that imo is still preferable to the relentless MINDLESS spam.

I think further research needs to be carried out to understand why spammers are attracted to the movie section over any other.

I'll take this responsibility upon myself and will have results within 6 months. The course of discovery should then look at 6 months to independently test my findings. The entire board (including spammers for democracy) should be allowed to vote on the matter for 12 months. A council should thereafter be nominated within 6 years of the final decision in order to reasonably neutralize such actions from occurring in the future again.

I've been reading up on human rights law.

IdolEyes787
03-06-2012, 05:01 PM

I think further research needs to be carried out to understand why spammers are attracted to the movie section over any other.

I'll take this responsibility upon myself and will have results within 6 months. The course of discovery should then look at 6 months to independently test my findings. The entire board (including spammers for democracy) should be allowed to vote on the matter for 12 months. A council should thereafter be nominated within 6 years of the final decision in order to reasonably neutralize such actions from occurring in the future again.

I've been reading up on human rights law.

So and correct me if I'm wrong , what you are basically saying is that the Blacks don't get to vote then?

I've corrected that for ya :)

I still hold out faint hope that somebody will invite me someplace though.:(

megabyteme
03-06-2012, 08:50 PM
So and correct me if I'm wrong , what you are basically saying is that the Blacks don't get to vote then?

Blacks with internets connections, that's funny!

IdolEyes787
03-06-2012, 09:42 PM

Somebody's fired.

http://gawker.com/5890481/disneys-only-black-princess-hawks-watermelon-candy

Quarterquack
03-06-2012, 09:47 PM

Some time in the not too distant future, people will line up in theaters to hear live oration out of classical works. One of those days a black man will read out loud in front of that audience, and conclude with a line along the terms of "Written by my faithful brother, Terrell." It is that day that I envision you jumping off the closest skyscraper.

mjmacky
03-07-2012, 02:02 AM

Some time in the not too distant future, people will line up in theaters to hear live oration out of classical works. One of those days a black man will read out loud in front of that audience, and conclude with a line along the terms of "Written by my faithful brother, Terrell." It is that day that I envision you jumping off the closest skyscraper.

He meant, "with their own internet connection".

Cabalo
03-07-2012, 02:56 AM
We can't remove it altogether unless the trade section goes too. Otherwise it would be utter chaos there, i.e. scams and sales.