PDA

View Full Version : How do I use FTP for file sharing?

rocky12
03-03-2012, 04:44 PM
Would downloading via FTP be more safer then torrents/magnets?

How do I download using FTP?

Do I download using my browser which is Chrome? Or do I need a client? Which client would be free and the best?

Are there any FTP sites for all ages of music, so I could search for what I like?

Are there any tutorials for downloading using FTP?

anon
03-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Would downloading via FTP be more safer then torrents/magnets?

Firstly, magnet links are another way of starting a BitTorrent download, which relies on obtaining the necessary metadata via DHT instead of a .torrent file.

For the paranoid. the answer to your question would probably depend on who's behind the FTP, how many logs it keeps and where it's located... but it's safer in the sense you don't upload anything yourself, as in Usenet. If you have a working FTP you can leech from, I'll answer your other questions, I'm lazy today. :P

rocky12
03-03-2012, 06:15 PM
I was reading that people are getting busted for uploading and not downloading?

If that's the case then I'll stick with magnet links then go into settings then zero out the upload which makes it after downloading then I'm a pure leecher? It's the only way I could stay safe? I don't want to cut off the upload, but it's the only option.

anon
03-03-2012, 06:32 PM
If that's the case then I'll stick with magnet links then go into settings then zero out the upload

0 = unlimited

rocky12
03-03-2012, 06:43 PM
It will only suffer speeds. I don't think there is anyway to completely disable sharing to avoid getting busted? Or am I wrong?

If that's the case then I'll stick with magnet links then go into settings then zero out the upload

0 = unlimited

Options -->Preferences-->BitTorrent. Under "Number of Connections". Change the upload slot to "0". Uncheck the use additional slots with <90%. Apply the changes.

That should do it.

stan
03-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Only ftp music site I know of is Adamsfile.

but you must upload some Flac before being able download.

anon
03-03-2012, 07:40 PM
Options -->Preferences-->BitTorrent. Under "Number of Connections". Change the upload slot to "0". Uncheck the use additional slots with <90%. Apply the changes.

That should do it.

If you say so...

rocky12
03-03-2012, 07:46 PM
LOL. I'll post back asking why my speeds are slow if I do that! I guess I don't want to cut the upload slots to 0?

That should do it.

If you say so...

anon
03-04-2012, 12:20 AM
Setting the number of upload slots to 0 won't do anything. The people that code uTorrent are a bit smarter than that.

Using a negative number of upload slots did virtually stop uploading most of the time in the 1.8.x branch, but they've fixed that.

rocky12
03-04-2012, 12:51 AM
I was over a TPB forums the other day. They said the magnet links will work the same way as if someone is getting busted or not. I wish there was a way around this for free.

What about FTP? I don't have a server to leech. Would Adams file be free without invite? Or how does that work? What's the website? Could you answer my questions in my OP?

Setting the number of upload slots to 0 won't do anything. The people that code uTorrent are a bit smarter than that.

Using a negative number of upload slots did virtually stop uploading most of the time in the 1.8.x branch, but they've fixed that.

Cabalo
03-04-2012, 01:07 AM
If your concern is privacy, the best solution cost wise is clearly moving on to the newsgroups, using SSL.
As long as you don't post anything on the servers, there are no problems at all reported so far.

rocky12
03-04-2012, 01:13 AM
Would downloading NZB files be free and would that be a option?

vBooM
03-04-2012, 05:41 PM
Isit there tutorials for all of this? lol

rocky12
03-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Alright, I believe that I would like to go with Adams File. Yes, I successfully registered an account over at adamsfile.com.

1.) How do I upload, so I can begin to download? What's the process for uploading?

2.) Do I download directly through my browser using the download manager by my browser? Or do I download using some sort of free FTP client? If a client is required, what would be the best choice for a client?

P2PDog
03-04-2012, 11:28 PM
Alright, I believe that I would like to go with Adams File. Yes, I successfully registered an account over at adamsfile.com.

1.) How do I upload, so I can begin to download? What's the process for uploading?

2.) Do I download directly through my browser using the download manager by my browser? Or do I download using some sort of free FTP client? If a client is required, what would be the best choice for a client?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=FTP+How+To

rocky12
03-08-2012, 01:49 AM
Are there any possible open alternatives without invite for jambands.fm FTP Grateful Dead, and Phish music? I know FTP's has music trackers for different kinds of music, but unfortunately that jambands.fm is invite only.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with registering for an account if no invite is required. I'll make it easier by registering.

CMedical
03-08-2012, 12:08 PM
Thank you for sharing your knowledge

rocky12
03-08-2012, 04:15 PM
Could someone please answer my questions in regards to FTP music trackers based on my post?

I had been waiting for some replies, but I have not received any.

Does someone have the answers? Or where could I go to get the answers? I tried Google, but I couldn't find what I was looking for.

NesteaZen
03-19-2012, 09:15 PM
Can't you enter some private torrent website, hang around for a while and ask then there maybe.. ?

jamesclark
04-06-2012, 09:31 AM
File transfer protocal is very important process and the hiper text marcup language is very both are important are basially use for share the file. thanks for sharing the information.

klonengan
04-16-2012, 05:30 AM
For safe torrenting, maybe you can use seedbox