PDA

View Full Version : Impossible to download files from Alt.binaries.games.xbox360 with a supernews account

Matoumaton
03-03-2012, 10:12 PM
Hi,

I tried to download files from Alt.binaries.games.xbox360 with my Supernews account but the speed is very slow (1,6 ko/s), i am sure that this is not a connection problem because i download at 7000 ko/s) on other groups. Supernews didn't respond to my mail, so i want to ask if there is a good newsgroups client from where j CAN download my files.

Cordially

First i want to apologize for my rudimentary english.

hdjunky
03-04-2012, 02:00 AM
Supernews has probably removed the content that is why nothing happened. Check your newsreaders error log to see if it says article not found.

koolfaze
03-04-2012, 02:38 AM
DMCA at its finest. A block backup account will work but that will drain so much GB.

Hypatia
03-04-2012, 09:44 AM
giganews and highwinds resellers are widely known for removing totally console games

read this
http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/444148-Proper-Servers-Setup-VS-Incompletes

or do this:

get nzb download checker

Now you need to search using scene short names instead of full titles. And do it via mysterbin.com (it looks within archives).

DOwnload nzb's and check them all one by one via nzb download checker. Chances are you find a release which is not taken down.

Matoumaton
03-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Thank you for the instructive ansewers !

I am novice in the newsgroup culture so i want to ask you some more questions :

- What is a "block backup account" and how can i get it ?

- @ Hypatia, are there some tutos explaining step by step the solution you proposed ?
- The link you posted indicate " Astroweb EU : enabled" does that mean that Astroweb don't applies DCMA restriction ?

- Are there à good providers who don't applies DCMA restrictions ? (i live out of US)

Cordially

-

koolfaze
03-04-2012, 09:50 PM
A block account is a paid amount of usage but it has a download cap depending on the size of account you purchased. They are typically used for people who typically don't download a lot so it's more cost effective to purchase a block account that they will use (compared to unlimited accounts). Sometimes DMCA take-downs will remove 1 article from each file so downloading off one primary usenet server will lead to an incomplete download. Backup accounts will fill in those missing articles. Think theirs a sticky about this.

I use newsdemon as a main provider and blocknews.net as a backup block account, cheapest combo that I have seen. Who is your main usenet provider? DMCA takedowns apply to everyone but Astraweb seems the one that have the lowest.