PDA

View Full Version : Poll Request

J'Pol
11-16-2003, 08:46 PM
I have just been advised that I should feed my wee mutt (dog) freshly killed meat, or even better, let her kill cats herself to then eat.

Now much as I know Billy Dean is almost certainly an expert in this field (amongst so many others) the advice is at direct odds with the Vet we use.

She tells us that we should only feed our dog on dried dog food (meat based of course) and not even add tinned meat to the mix.

So who should I go with :

Billy Dean

The Vet

Billy_Dean
11-16-2003, 08:52 PM
You stick with your uncle Billy, would he put you wrong?

:)

TheDave
11-16-2003, 08:55 PM
:huh:

you can feed a dog fresh meat. ours used to hunt and eat hares, and thats true so stfu to everyone. you can end it here

J'Pol
11-16-2003, 08:55 PM
I'm swithering, but I have to do what's best for the dog.

If a mod could help out here and get the Poll going, then the people can help me decide.

No offence Billy, I just need some re-inforcement before taking the big step.

AussieSheila
11-16-2003, 08:58 PM
Good morning, you aren't having a go at each other are you?

I was told that you shouldn't feed either dogs or cats on dry food alone, they should have something else as well. I used to cook for my dogs when I had more than one. Lots of vegies and pasta and rice as well as meat and dry food.

Damn! I'm in the wrong thread aren't I?

B)

Rat Faced
11-16-2003, 09:01 PM
Fresh Red Meat...

Even Dogs only live once, let it enjoy its Grub.

A little of what you fancy does you good, as my Grandad used to tell me...

J'Pol
11-16-2003, 09:03 PM
Thank you sir.

Now the people can (sorry boab) help me decide.

Billy_Dean
11-16-2003, 09:04 PM
Well I'm off to bed now, I'll catch up with this thread sometime this afternoon when I wake up.

Hi Sheila, bye Sheila. ;)

:)

Darth Sushi
11-16-2003, 09:04 PM
http://www.hillsdale.edu/academics/phil&rel/pix/humor/redneck/image003.jpg I'm a cookie and candy dog. :P

bigboab
11-16-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by J'Pol@16 November 2003 - 21:03
Thank you sir.

Has anybody considered asking the dog. No not BD. The mut. :lol:

J'Pol
11-16-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by bigboab+16 November 2003 - 22:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 16 November 2003 - 22:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@16 November 2003 - 21:03
Thank you sir.

Has anybody considered asking the dog. No not BD. The mut. :lol: [/b][/quote]
I did boab. It seemed to want to eat the outer covering of trees.

I thought, that can&#39;t be right.

bigboab
11-16-2003, 09:08 PM
They have got to get bark from somewhere. :lol:

Edit. My straight men only get two bottles of apple a week. The others get what they want. :lol: :lol: :lol:

J'Pol
11-16-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by bigboab@16 November 2003 - 22:08

My straight men only get two bottles of apple a week. The others get what they want. :lol: :lol: :lol:
That&#39;s a bit ruff.

internet.news
11-16-2003, 10:41 PM
We had long time ago a dog, a boxer, but he died at the age of 7 I think of cancer.
He was burnd and lies as I know together with other dogs on a cemetery or something like this... ...my sister took care of him, it was her idea to buy a dog...
it was not bad...

As I know, dogs also liks the same food as people, so I would give him
some dog food and some peoples food. And it should be mixed food...
you should not give your dog whole the time the same food, or would you eat
all the time the same stuff... I for myself could not eat whole the time the same
food... probably some people can. but I can&#39;t, and it is also for you and your dogs
health good to eat mixed stuff...

~nice dreams...

Benno
11-16-2003, 11:19 PM
http://www.oscars.co.uk/web/oscar/newhome.nsf/dog_food_bowl.gif

If that is what you call Dry food i got told by a Vet that its bad for the dog because it, (looking for the right word :huh: ) dries out the dog.
Does this make any sence?

Well anyway I think thats the right way to feed your dog

http://www.dog-diet.com/images/dog-food-ingredients.jpg

MagicNakor
11-17-2003, 01:01 AM
My dogs are always fed dry food. Strangely enough, that&#39;s the vet&#39;s advice here too. ;) Sometimes there&#39;s a tablespoon of canned mixed through, which also was on the vet&#39;s advice. And they get leftover scraps every so often.

The cat eats dry cat food. Science Diet. He won&#39;t touch anything else, except various human food. Oranges, smoked salmon, tuna with mayo, and the like.

:ninja: