PDA

View Full Version : The Raid:Redemption Best Action Movie in Decades?

IdolEyes787
03-09-2012, 12:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0hSL3a_kaw

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1899353/

"Rama, a member of a special forces team, arrives at a rundown apartment block with a mission to remove its owner, a notorious drug lord. The building has become a sanctuary to killers, gangs, rapists and thieves seeking accommodation in the one place they know they cannot be touched by the police. When a spotter blows their cover, Rama and his team must fight their way through every floor and every room not just to complete their mission but to survive their bloody ordeal".

OK maybe not Shakespeare but as everyone knows for this sort of thing it's not the plot but the execution.

Actual critics even like it .

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117946038/

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/raid-toronto-review-233596

Coming to a theatre near you March 23.

megabyteme
03-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Noice! It's like a bunch of Asians moved into Macky's building, and the police actually show up when called... :O

IdolEyes787
03-09-2012, 05:55 PM
Noice! It's like a bunch of Asians moved into Macky's building, and the police actually show up when called... :O

Asian are very good at violence.
Violence and Math.

megabyteme
03-09-2012, 07:34 PM

Asian are very good at violence.
Violence and Math.

It's either that, or manufacture crap for Western consumers. I'd pay attention in math class, and be pissed off, too.

IdolEyes787
03-09-2012, 07:47 PM
I'd pay attention in math class, and be pissed off, too.

That wouldn't help.The Asians being good at math is like genetic or something. Same with the Blacks being better at sports that don't involve water and the French being better at annoying people.

mjmacky
03-09-2012, 08:01 PM
If the makers of Kung Fu Hustle are making it, I need no other invitation. Also, my current building is filled with white collar and petty criminals. I'm actually squatting at home today to figure out who's stealing my packages. It's all I can do before my theft detection powder comes in (which hopefully itself won't be stolen).

IdolEyes787
03-09-2012, 08:11 PM
I am also a fan of Kung Fu Hustle and other things Stephen Chow. Also speaking of criminals and floors and tenements I suggest you watch Attack the Block if you haven't already. Very believable characters and brilliant direction even if the whole thing doesn't really amount to much more than a lot of entertaining running around in the end.

mjmacky
03-09-2012, 08:13 PM
I am also a fan of Kung Fu Hustle and other things Stephen Chow. Also speaking of criminals and floors and tenements I suggest you watch Attack the Block if you haven't already. Very believable characters and brilliant direction even if the whole thing doesn't really amount to much more than a lot of entertaining running around in the end.

You weren't recommending it to me who has already seen it, were you?

Basically I'm expecting that you remember absolutely everything that I've ever posted

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/442756-Best-movies-2011?p=3641735&viewfull=1#post3641735

IdolEyes787
03-09-2012, 08:16 PM
At this point I frankly don't care one way or the other.

mjmacky
03-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Which reminds me, have you seen Louie yet?

IdolEyes787
03-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Basically I'm expecting that you remember absolutely everything that I've ever posted

I don't even remember everything I post and unlike your tripe most of what I post is actually entertaining.

Which reminds me, have you seen Louie yet?

True story.I meant to record an episode a while back on the PVR but I forgot to. Hopefully the next generation of those things will solve that memory issue bullshit.

mjmacky
03-09-2012, 08:38 PM
I don't even remember everything I post and unlike your tripe most of what I post is actually entertaining.

I knew I'd rub one off on you a little.

Quarterquack
03-09-2012, 10:29 PM
So basically this is the corridor scene from Oldboy for an hour and a half?

IdolEyes787
03-09-2012, 11:39 PM
So basically this is the corridor scene from Oldboy for an hour and a half?
No here there is also guns and hopefully ,God willing, Kung Fu.

megabyteme
03-10-2012, 10:59 PM
I suggest you watch Attack the Block if you haven't already. Very believable characters and brilliant direction even if the whole thing doesn't really amount to much more than a lot of entertaining running around in the end.

You weren't recommending it to me who has already seen it, were you?

http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/442756-Best-movies-2011?p=3641735&viewfull=1#post3641735

Watched it last night based on the recommendations from the two of you. I liked it. The show definitely had something. Certainly well done considering its fledgling British movie industry roots. I have been happy with others from Britain and Oceania over the past couple years. As for ATB itself, I give it a 6.75. Not one I would need to see again, but would give it a nod if someone asked if they should watch it.

mjmacky
03-11-2012, 04:57 AM
A big powerful nod I bet.

megabyteme
06-09-2012, 02:33 AM
Bump because it became available almost 2 weeks ago. Slipped past me, but looks like a great Friday night movie. :w00t:

IdolEyes787
06-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Bump because it became available almost 2 weeks ago. Slipped past me, but looks like a great Friday night movie. :w00t:

Thanks ,I stopped keeping track of movie releases somewhere around the time the stopped releasing good movies.
I suggest you watch it with pistol in hand and fire off shots into the ceiling anytime anything especially exciting happens.

cinephilia
06-09-2012, 03:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUE77_OMF0g

megabyteme
06-10-2012, 12:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUE77_OMF0g

If her parents had simply aborted her (as is the custom in China), she would not have gotten in the way of his spit. It's amazing how irresponsible some people are. :no:

I suggest you watch it with pistol in hand and fire off shots into the ceiling anytime anything especially exciting happens.

I like how you think, mister! :w00t:

Artemis
06-12-2012, 09:18 AM

Thanks ,I stopped keeping track of movie releases somewhere around the time the stopped releasing good movies.

Remember, he's got a shotgun too, for the REALLY big action scenes. It's easier to explain away the holes too when relatives come over, just nod and say termites. :blink:

mjmacky
06-12-2012, 09:46 AM
It's easier to explain away the holes too when relatives come over, just nod and say termites. :blink:

The man with the gun doesn't have to explain anything to anyone.

megabyteme
06-12-2012, 06:42 PM
It's easier to explain away the holes too when relatives come over, just nod and say termites. :blink:

Foreigners just don't understand. :no:

IdolEyes787
06-12-2012, 08:33 PM

I pretty sure no one has to explain anything to anyone although personally I'd like to hear from your parents as to what the fuck they were thinking.

mjmacky
06-12-2012, 09:52 PM
My parents? I thought I already posted that.

IdolEyes787
06-12-2012, 09:54 PM
My parents? I thought I already posted that.

Sorry I got confused and thought you were describing an episode of Justified.

mjmacky
06-12-2012, 10:12 PM

Only when Olyphant's cock marionettes me.

IdolEyes787
06-12-2012, 10:45 PM

I'm sort of unaccustomed to the feeling but I believe a wave of revulsion just ran through my body.

mjmacky
06-12-2012, 11:01 PM

I'm sort of unaccustomed to the feeling but I believe a wave of revulsion just ran through my body.

You are quite accustomed to it and I refuse to believe otherwise. Homophobe.

VortexICS
06-13-2012, 01:24 AM
Looks like a good movie, d'loading right now ...

IdolEyes787
06-13-2012, 12:18 PM

I probably should tell you that dependent upon where you live that may be illegal.

Also please don't make me regret speaking to you.

Artemis
06-13-2012, 01:34 PM

I probably should tell you that dependent upon where you live that may be illegal.

I wouldn't hold my breath as far as the regret goes, his other posts have been less than stellar, just a slightly more coherent class of spam, so this may not end well. :idunno:

IdolEyes787
06-13-2012, 04:51 PM

I wouldn't hold my breath as far as the regret goes, his other posts have been less than stellar, just a slightly more coherent class of spam, so this may not end well. :idunno:

It never does.Even when at first things appear to be going OK they end up like Mary.

mjmacky
06-14-2012, 12:16 AM

It never does.Even when at first things appear to be going OK they end up like Mary.

FST did this to me :emo: :dave:

cinephilia
06-20-2012, 02:37 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I1ggfqUBvw

soulreaper
06-21-2012, 04:39 AM
The movie started out promisingly but it got really lame after. They're fighting with guns initially and then just desert them and indulge in martial arts? WTF?
Anyway, I really liked the gun fighting at the beginning of the film,that was some intense action in close quarters. Wish they had dispensed with the lame martial arts overkill.

So, 6/10.

mjmacky
06-21-2012, 06:11 AM
The movie started out promisingly but it got really lame after. They're fighting with guns initially and then just desert them and indulge in martial arts? WTF?

I haven't seen it, but is there any chance that they just ran out of bullets? There's an unbelievable amount of ammo in most action movies.

IdolEyes787
06-21-2012, 11:15 AM
They're fighting with guns initially and then just desert them and indulge in martial arts? WTF?

Because it's a movie.

chalice
06-22-2012, 10:36 AM
Fan-fucking-tastic film. They were uttering some kinda foreign nonsense for the life of me I just could not understand, despite repeated attempts. This failure in communication did, however, in no way detract from the orsumness of the ultraviolence.

IdolEyes787
06-22-2012, 11:56 AM
You've just described rugby.