PDA

View Full Version : [Request] PTP - I'm missing out

CQ1ST
03-12-2012, 02:13 AM
Hi, I'm looking for a tv-movie atm, and it looks like I'm still not enlisted in "enough" private trackers to actually find what I'm looking for

Please invite me to PTP and make my dreams come true

zootman
03-18-2012, 08:48 PM
What was the actual movie you were after?

mjmacky
03-18-2012, 11:33 PM
and make my dreams come true

Have you not been around long enough to learn that this phrase single-handedly destroys all credibility when asking for invites?

anon
03-19-2012, 12:19 AM
I think he was being sarcastic...

mjmacky
03-19-2012, 07:05 AM
I think he was being sarcastic...

He should prove it by saying something else sarcastic.

CQ1ST
03-24-2012, 05:21 AM
It was The Courageous Heart of Irena Sendler and I only wanted it for my dying Jewish Grandmama (who yes, has already made 'most' of my dreams come true)

anyway, I'm bummed that there was no-one willing to invite me to PTP as I've heard that it's inventory is unsurpassed. but I actually found the movie on thepiratebay and patiently acquired it (I think it took 2+1/2 days)

Are invites to decent sites hard to come by here now? what's going on?

anigav
03-24-2012, 11:22 AM
It was The Courageous Heart of Irena Sendler

The one on PTP is 700 MB and the audio on that version is not English.

Interestingly LinkoManija has HDrip 1.4GB.

Rutracker on other hand has multiple versions ranging from 700 MB to 4.4 GB. Also, pretty good seeder activity.

anon
03-24-2012, 06:22 PM
It was The Courageous Heart of Irena Sendler

The one on PTP is 700 MB and the audio on that version is not English.

Interestingly LinkoManija has HDrip 1.4GB.

Rutracker on other hand has multiple versions ranging from 700 MB to 4.4 GB. Also, pretty good seeder activity.

Warez-BB also has several mirrors.

CleverMan
03-24-2012, 09:16 PM
Are invites to decent sites hard to come by here now? what's going on?
well, on ptp public invite giving is not exactly allowed, that mgiht explain it for you

megabyteme
03-24-2012, 09:48 PM
It now takes 250k seeding points to "buy" an invite. That's like seeding 25GB for 1000 hours. Unless I'm mistaken, it used to only be 50k points. In other words, PtP seems less interested in growing its userbase, and is more focused on making the site better- that includes pruning inactive members and increasing its catalog. Out of 3 I have invited in the past 6 months, 2 were disabled.

It has grown into a great movie resource. I came very close to dropping it at one point (due to a now distant, IMO, scandal), but ultimately didn't, and have seen it become increasingly stronger since the staffing changes made at that time. Recently, they have been promoting the addition of Asian cinema (which was lacking, but is currently flooding the site a bit- which will change after this current phase).

As I see it, it has become more difficult to get an invite, fewer members are willing to take chances on "wasting" those invites, and the site is now one that fewer want to risk losing as a resource by stretching invite rules. I don't know anyone on staff there, but it seems to me they are doing things very well.

CleverMan
03-25-2012, 06:31 AM
Well, invites aren't at all that rare, power users and above get them regualrly in a month, and it's not too hard to accumulate 250k points if you at least have 2tb hdd to seed stuff (i think i can make it in a week or so).

megabyteme
03-25-2012, 11:43 AM
Well, invites aren't at all that rare, power users and above get them regualrly in a month, and it's not too hard to accumulate 250k points if you at least have 2tb hdd to seed stuff (i think i can make it in a week or so).

I've downloaded a "mere" 200GB in 2 years. The average user will need to take care with the few(er) invites they come across. Don't know right now if I should thank you for super-seeding, or be irritated with you for being a cawk. :idunno:

teflon05
03-25-2012, 11:49 AM

I've downloaded a "mere" 200GB in 2 years. The average user will need to take care with the few(er) invites they come across. Don't know right now if I should thank you for super-seeding, or be irritated with you for being a cawk. :idunno:

How about a slightly irritated thanks for being a super-seeding cawk? :pinch:

IdolEyes787
03-25-2012, 11:55 AM

I'm not very good at Math but 2TB movies seems like an unreasonably large amount to me. That's like 700 bagillion full HD films or something.I also don't have very good taste but I don't think there are even 700 bagillion good movies to download.
Of course I was just perusing torrent comments on some tracker and a person said that The Hunger Games was the first movie worth seeing in a theatre since Avatar so what the fuck do I know?
Btw I'm fairly sure that person wasn't swayed by hype or bandwagon jumping or anything so silly.

megabyteme
03-25-2012, 01:01 PM
How about a slightly irritated thanks for being a super-seeding cawk? :pinch:

I reserve my slightly irritated thanks for Christmas time. :D

CleverMan
03-25-2012, 05:36 PM

well it's kinda proves you're wrong in your assumptions about invite rarity, and many people seed tons of stuff there. So no wonder you go with irritated path (since you mentioned it obviously you are)

I'm not very good at Math but 2TB movies seems like an unreasonably large amount to me. That's like 700 bagillion full HD films or something.I also don't have very good taste but I don't think there are even 700 bagillion good movies to download.
Of course I was just perusing torrent comments on some tracker and a person said that The Hunger Games was the first movie worth seeing in a theatre since Avatar so what the fuck do I know?
Btw I'm fairly sure that person wasn't swayed by hype or bandwagon jumping or anything so silly.
No, 2 TB is not unreasonably much for movie collectors. Unfortunately it's unreasonably little.
If by full hd you mean 1080p rip, it's average size is 10 Gb, so on 2 tb drive you could only store about 180 movies. Or about 50 full blu-rays