PDA

View Full Version : Newsgroups The Complete Guide for Setting Up SABnzbd, Sick Beard, CouchPotato, and Headphones

totalhtpc
03-14-2012, 02:02 AM
It seems that a good amount of people struggle with setting up SABnzbd, Sick Beard, CouchPotato, and Headphones app. To make things easier, we went ahead and compiled our guides into a 23 page step by step instructional PDF that will walk you through the entire setup. Keep in mind the document is a work in progress. Let us know if you have any suggestions.

This 23 page document gives you a one stop reference point on the following topics:

How the Automated System Works
A overview of Usenet
Explaination of NZB Search Engines
Overview of SABnzbd
Installing SABnzbd
Overview of Sick Beard
Installing Sick Beard
Overview of CouchPotato
Installing CouchPotato
Overview of Headphones
Installing Headphones

Cabalo
03-14-2012, 02:40 AM
File is safe for download.

mjmacky
03-14-2012, 03:52 AM

Sure it's probably safe, but 23 pages? That's a lot of work when the end goal is to just be lazy. Not knocking it, just baffled by the amount of effort put into automation.

totalhtpc
03-14-2012, 01:25 PM

Sure it's probably safe, but 23 pages? That's a lot of work when the end goal is to just be lazy. Not knocking it, just baffled by the amount of effort put into automation.

The guide contains a ton of large screenshots which takes up some space.

pythoncancer
02-10-2014, 11:27 AM
new updated version here GUIDE (http://totalhtpc.com/TheCompleteUsenetGuide.pdf)

It seems that a good amount of people struggle with setting up SABnzbd, Sick Beard, CouchPotato, and Headphones app. To make things easier, we went ahead and compiled our guides into a 23 page step by step instructional PDF that will walk you through the entire setup. Keep in mind the document is a work in progress. Let us know if you have any suggestions.

This 23 page document gives you a one stop reference point on the following topics:

How the Automated System Works
A overview of Usenet
Explaination of NZB Search Engines
Overview of SABnzbd
Installing SABnzbd
Overview of Sick Beard
Installing Sick Beard
Overview of CouchPotato
Installing CouchPotato
Overview of Headphones
Installing Headphones

foobarbaz
02-15-2014, 07:53 PM
I followed this one (http://www.howtoforge.com/the-perfect-media-server-ubuntu-11.10-sabnzbd-sickbeard-couch-potato-headphones-serviio) which covers the same apps (I didn't end up installing serviio which it also recommends).

Maybe some less-lazy person can have a quick look and see if there are any interesting differences.

adlenesifi
02-19-2014, 12:56 AM
Wow ! Thanks a lot for this tutorial !Its well done

SirReal69
03-02-2014, 02:05 AM
I'm glad I looked at this post, I had never heard of Headphones.

Thanks

chrishongrocks
03-10-2014, 01:08 AM
Interesting stuff. Will definitely browse this tonight. I've never gotten couch potato to work properly (at least I can't tell if I have) so I hope this guide gives me some pointers.

totalhtpc
03-11-2014, 08:51 PM
Guide updated on March 2014.

007av
03-15-2014, 05:00 PM
Nice - thanks for the update!

It might help to let everyone know that nzbmatrix is no longer available in the guide...

Sebulba
03-17-2014, 10:18 AM
Just busy getting all of this, thanks alot. Very usefull!

kreegaa
03-21-2014, 02:42 AM
we definitely need a guide for nzbget as well. happened to try it over the weekend and it was great on my resource constrained plug server.

andrew2000
03-23-2014, 05:45 PM
Thanks a lot for this tutorial :D

madjock
04-14-2014, 02:33 PM
Anyone know how to adjust Sickbeard for Scene mess ups ?

For example a show called Tanked is being released as Season 5, when TVDB and all the others are saying it is Season 4 ?

Cheers

ararka
04-22-2014, 04:29 PM
Great guide and even though I use NZBGet, then this was helpful, since there are very similar settings.

exectech24
04-23-2014, 03:29 PM
Been using this for about 2 years now. Awesome. Completely awesome. There's another app Mylar which handles Comics. It's newer and I had to fool around with it for awhile in order to get it to work but I got it. I'm not a big Comic guy but I do read Walking Dead.

For example a show called Tanked is being released as Season 5, when TVDB and all the others are saying it is Season 4 ?
Cheers
When you say "It's being released as Season 5", do you mean that's how you received it via SAB?
You should be able to manually edit the file & foldername, then run post processing, and Sickbeard will know where to put it and rename it correctly.

I'm not sure how you have yours setup but for instance, mine would be
Tanked--> Tanked Season 05 -- Tanked S05E01, Tanked S05E02, Tanked S05E03, etc etc etc..

If you change it to S04 it will know what to do with the files.

madjock
07-22-2014, 09:22 AM
Been using this for about 2 years now. Awesome. Completely awesome. There's another app Mylar which handles Comics. It's newer and I had to fool around with it for awhile in order to get it to work but I got it. I'm not a big Comic guy but I do read Walking Dead.

Cheers
When you say "It's being released as Season 5", do you mean that's how you received it via SAB?
You should be able to manually edit the file & foldername, then run post processing, and Sickbeard will know where to put it and rename it correctly.

I'm not sure how you have yours setup but for instance, mine would be
Tanked--> Tanked Season 05 -- Tanked S05E01, Tanked S05E02, Tanked S05E03, etc etc etc..

If you change it to S04 it will know what to do with the files.

No, they are being released as Season 05, when in fact the Season is listed as 04 on Tvdb, So Sickbeard cant call them or download them.

raja1
10-20-2021, 12:17 PM
Interesting

chuubaka
10-23-2021, 04:04 AM
Thanks for the guide.