PDA

View Full Version : To Stop This F*cking Screehing On Kazaa

Adster
11-16-2003, 11:58 PM
ok not often do i post about kazaa but here is a thory plain and simpel to stop pl from downlaoding fucked up files from kazaa coz im sick and tied of ppl complained abotu the hashes being screechy ect.

why not when you psot a varfied have the entire album al zipped up???

ive noticed ppl complaining tha the varfieds are fucked up too latley so just a thought

Twist3r
11-17-2003, 12:00 AM
thats why i use IRC for full cds because they come as .rar or .zip

:D :D :D

Adster
11-17-2003, 12:06 AM
eactly what I mean if everyone turned to jsut sharing ziped albums one kazaa it would beat the so called RIAA at their own game

Gutter
11-17-2003, 12:08 AM
then we might have to worry about people zipping unwanted items along with the albums

Adster
11-17-2003, 12:10 AM
well if your a ture music fan you go for albums :D

Gutter
11-17-2003, 12:14 AM
I consider myself a true music fan/lover

callum
11-17-2003, 12:14 AM
I wonder if anyone has ever had a screeching albumwrap.

Gutter
11-17-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by callum@16 November 2003 - 16:14
I wonder if anyone has ever had a screeching albumwrap.
that would truly suck!

sometimes there are mislabeled files on IRC
but so long as you do a little research on the album your downloading
you should be able to title them correctly afterwards

Novart
11-17-2003, 12:56 AM
How about the people who download the screeching files just delete them after they find out they downloaded a bad file <_<

Adster
11-17-2003, 01:25 AM
How about the people who download the screeching files just delete them after they find out they downloaded a bad file

genious idea

On the bottoem line is what would you rather do?? downlaod a whole ablum that is zipped up and put up with file you dont want ,, or f*ck around for hrs trying to not get the screeching file?

just_for_shiz
11-17-2003, 01:38 AM
Post full albums in .rar/.zip/.tar Format here (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?act=ST&f=32&t=82227)

maybe this will help inspire people

sparsely
11-17-2003, 02:20 AM
that&#39;s what&#39;s been going on for a long time, just not common on FastTrack. that&#39;s what all the files in my sig are...
and there&#39;s tons more.

just_for_shiz
11-17-2003, 03:17 AM
i realize that, the albums i posted most definitely did not ceom from kazaa. ;) i am sayign that if people post albums in rars/zips/tars they got from irc/bittorrent/wherever, and share them on kazaa, it may inspire more people to do so, and kazaa may be become a better source for music ;)

sparsely
11-17-2003, 03:27 AM
I&#39;m not sure I would trust the fasttrack protocol to handle archives anyway.
Seems any somewhat large size files get corrupted during tranfer.

just_for_shiz
11-17-2003, 03:32 AM
hmm...i cant say iv had that problem, iv never really downloaded very many archives from kazaa....iv heard of that though

talkpretty
11-17-2003, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by just_for_shiz@17 November 2003 - 03:32
hmm...i cant say iv had that problem, iv never really downloaded very many archives from kazaa....iv heard of that though
;) helo all, I&#39;m new here. user for about 3 weeks - i likeee&#33; - Anyway, I have a new warning;

DO NOT TRY TO DOWNLOAD ANY RYAN ADAMS - I think its a bad seed from......

When I get file, I&#39;ll always rate them and if there is something good or bad about the file, I put in edit details under description of track. so if anyone see&#39;s it from me, they will know more about the file.

maybe we can put a new forum together for known bad files? :rolleyes:

Mr. Blunt
11-17-2003, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by talkpretty@16 November 2003 - 19:45
Sharedholder had a forum for fakes. I also tried to start one.

I&#39;m not sure about sharedholder if he still is running that forum, maybe he&#39;ll reply to this thread.

I&#39;m trying to do something along the lines of what you said. Not 100% saying that i&#39;ll have one up, but it&#39;s something i&#39;m looking forward to.

talkpretty
11-17-2003, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Blunt+17 November 2003 - 03:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr. Blunt @ 17 November 2003 - 03:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-talkpretty@16 November 2003 - 19:45
Sharedholder had a forum for fakes. I also tried to start one.

I&#39;m not sure about sharedholder if he still is running that forum, maybe he&#39;ll reply to this thread.

I&#39;m trying to do something along the lines of what you said. Not 100% saying that i&#39;ll have one up, but it&#39;s something i&#39;m looking forward to. [/b][/quote]
thanks for the info about maybe bringing on a new "bad seed" forum.

I was noticing..... like on the "ryan adams" search, the descriptions look authentic, but if I look at the ETA, it shows "0:00:19". And thats about as long as the music lasts. Maybe this is how you can tell if a file is a fake?

fabian_8wheels
11-17-2003, 06:45 AM
[color=blue][SIZE=7][font=Geneva]<span style=&#39;font-family:Impact&#39;><span style=&#39;font-family:Optima&#39;>i found the problem with the high pitch screechin started bout 6 months and only really effected the newly released mp3&#39;s, i dont believe it is just certain bands, i think it is coming from a very big user of kazaa purposly sharing these damaged files to sway people from using kazaa, especially with this new issue of copywrites. this just another way of stopping us peers from getting music for free and not much can be done to stop it. my only suggestion is to preview the file after about 1MG has been downloaded and if its damaged then find a new file that is not the same size and do the same, for each mp3 u download.

***hint***
if ur downloading many files and find ur download rate is very slow, try pausing all downloades but the fastes and u should find that the download speed will increase considerably.</span></span> :D

Adster
11-17-2003, 10:38 AM
and wtf was that shit :huh:

Gutter
11-17-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by fabian_8wheels@16 November 2003 - 22:45
i found the problem with the high pitch screechin started bout 6 months and only really effected the newly released mp3&#39;s, i dont believe it is just certain bands, i think it is coming from a very big user of kazaa purposly sharing these damaged files to sway people from using kazaa, especially with this new issue of copywrites.&nbsp; this just another way of stopping us peers from getting music for free and not much can be done to stop it.&nbsp; my only suggestion is to preview the file after about 1MG has been downloaded and if its damaged then find a new file that is not the same size and do the same, for each mp3 u download.

***hint***
if ur downloading many files and find ur download rate is very slow, try pausing all downloades but the fastes and u should find that the download speed will increase considerably.
:blink:
had to remove all tags just to read

:huh:

Adster
11-18-2003, 03:21 AM
thanks gutter that was better :blink:

Gutter
11-18-2003, 03:25 AM
no problem Ad&#33;

and boy does that guy have some helpful hints