PDA

View Full Version : Difference between VPS and VPS !!

drmk
03-16-2012, 05:55 PM
what is the difference between VPN and VPS
which is better
what is root access

can any of them used as seed box and which is better
what about encryption does it play any role

are there trackers would refuse any of them

from you experience
which provider ist better and why
not forgetting the price factor ;)

anon
03-16-2012, 06:23 PM
what is the difference between VPS and VPS

Is that a trick question?

Startear
03-16-2012, 08:26 PM
what is the difference between VPS and VPS

Although the first one is good, I would recommend the second one, because they seem to have better reviews :)

drmk
03-16-2012, 09:32 PM
sorry i meant VPS and VPN

boboo
03-16-2012, 09:44 PM
I want to get encrypted transferring from a vpn or vps is there any program that do it ? and how ?

anon
03-17-2012, 01:12 AM
sorry i meant VPS and VPN

You can't really compare them as they're different things. A VPS is a slice of a server's resources that acts as if it was a separate physical computer. A VPN is a tunnel to a private network whose data is transmitted an unreliable public one (i.e. the Internet); commonly used to route further Internet traffic through the remove gateway since communication between your computer and the private network is encrypted, although it has other applications.

VPSs can be used to run a VPN of your own, but not reversed. They can also work as seedboxes if you install a BitTorrent client, assuming your provider allows it.

drmk
03-17-2012, 01:31 AM
so that means vps is is like virtual server that could enable both seeding and encryption among another things

i want to ask some countries like germany doesn't allow torrent
so i was afraid of using seedbox without vithual server and no encryption would make me liable for detection
is there any way to get encrypted transferring from normal ssedbox

anon
03-17-2012, 02:45 AM
so that means vps is is like virtual server that could enable both seeding and encryption among another things

Yes.

i want to ask some countries like germany doesn't allow torrent
so i was afraid of using seedbox without vithual server and no encryption would make me liable for detection
is there any way to get encrypted transferring from normal ssedbox

I'm not sure of what you mean with "get encrypted transferring" here. Seedboxes will usually be located on a different country than yours, and since they do all the dirty torrenting work, your real IP is never seen in a BT swarm.

If you want to conceal what you download from the seedbox to your home, FTPS can be used, although I'd say that's largely unnecessary.

drmk
03-17-2012, 06:16 PM
thanks anon
it was annoying me to get vpn as germany doesn't approve torrent
i tried to use ftps from filezilla but it's not working
today i asked the seedbox provider he said u have to get dedicated one
he said that if u downloaded from the torrent prog without filezilla it's encrypted

i hope i'm not boring you as you are the only one who are capable of replying

anon
03-17-2012, 06:31 PM
i tried to use ftps from mozilla but it's not working

Try using a proper client like Filezilla (assuming your VPS supports FTPS in the first place, of course).

today i asked the seedbox provider he said u have to get dedicated one
he said that if u downloaded from the torrent prog without mozilla it's encrypted

Yes, you can add the seedbox's IP and port in your local BT client and download the files that way as a last-resort, but the protocol encryption provided merely attempts to fool ISP shapers, it does not mean to provide security: only a low-strength cypher is used. Furthermore, since the upload to you from the box will be reported by it to the tracker, it might believe you're cheating.

drmk
03-17-2012, 07:02 PM
sorry again i wrote mozilla inseadof filezilla
but i tried at first but in vain and i talked with the seedbox provider as i mentioned

by the way i was looking for a vps but after your last night post
i thought it's not that importance

about the tracker i usually read the faq about seedbox issues
when it ask for report i inform them before using the seedbox

i even right now have more than one seedbox
what do you think about all of that

anon
03-17-2012, 08:41 PM
i even right now have more than one seedbox
what do you think about all of that

Just one high-speed server isn't enough? :unsure:

Anyway, you needn't worry about FTPS. If you're on a trusted network (e.g. your home), regular FTP is just fine for transferring files. You won't get any copyright warnings for doing that.

drmk
03-17-2012, 09:04 PM
i have read you posts in this thread
http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/422422-What-is-the-best-way-to-keep-from-getting-caught
and i noticed that you said try to stay away famous trackers as ip and leech
is that a big issue

any way thank u for ur great efforts

anon
03-17-2012, 09:11 PM
If you're living in a country where you can get those copyright letters, then yes.

drmk
03-17-2012, 10:44 PM
what other trackers do u suggest but in the same time as good as those