PDA

View Full Version : Snow White and the Huntsman

IdolEyes787
03-20-2012, 10:17 PM
Thought I'd hate it but I don't.
Fairly sure I'll hate Hunger Games though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sGr0krRDEs

teflon05
03-20-2012, 10:53 PM
Yes. Surprisingly it does look like it might be pretty good. Snow White with an adult spin.
As far as The Hunger Games goes, & although I'm a bit embarrassed to admit it , I just finished reading the first book. I kept hearing all the hype about it & the movie, so I thought I'd check it out & see if it might be the next Harry Potter type deal...& also surprisingly, it actually wasn't too bad. If they don't stray too far from the book's story line, the movie might not be bad either.

IdolEyes787
03-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Yes. Surprisingly it does look like it might be pretty good. Snow White with an adult spin.
As far as The Hunger Games goes, & although I'm a bit embarrassed to admit it , I just finished reading the first book. I kept hearing all the hype about it & the movie, so I thought I'd check it out & see if it might be the next Harry Potter type deal...& also surprisingly, it actually wasn't too bad. If they don't stray too far from the book's story line, the movie might not be bad either.

Sort of read the Hunger Games books .I say sort of because I found myself skimming through a lot of it since it didn't really hold my attention. I would lay part of the blame to that on me not being able to identify with the protagonist her being a teenage girl and all and part of the blame because the premise is more than a little "tired".
Also minor point but worst character names ever. Effie Trinket?Primrose Everdeen? Caesar Flickerman? I mean seriously?

ahmed_dvd
04-05-2012, 01:06 PM
thanx guys

mjmacky
04-05-2012, 01:38 PM

Much of the hype created for The Hunger Games might be related to the fact that it's on High School reading lists for English classes.

IdolEyes787
04-05-2012, 05:03 PM

Much of the hype created for The Hunger Games might be related to the fact that it's on High School reading lists for English classes.

You're hopefully kidding.Education should be about making you read old stuff that you have no real interest in.

thanx guys
Please don't make a habit of posting this sort of inanity.When I saw this I came this close to killing myself and I have a cat to provide for.

mjmacky
04-05-2012, 05:20 PM
You're hopefully kidding.Education should be about making you read old stuff that you have no real interest in.

Not kidding, of course it's just a fleeting opinion I've adopted.

When I saw this I came this close to killing myself and I have a cat to provide for.

Don't let that stop you, I'm sure the cat can fend for itself once freed from captivity.

IdolEyes787
04-05-2012, 05:25 PM
I doubt it . His name isn't on the bank account and since he's shown no interest in getting a job up until this point I don't see how he will manage the phone bill.

mjmacky
04-05-2012, 05:42 PM
I doubt it . His name isn't on the bank account and since he's shown no interest in getting a job up until this point I don't see how he will manage the phone bill.

Thus begins the notion that I believe you are having sex with a cat.

megabyteme
04-06-2012, 02:07 AM

I see you have some common disinterests.