PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek Ultimate collection ??

rgawg
03-25-2012, 05:33 AM
I have been searching everywhere for the Star Trek Ultimate collection, it includes all the tv shows/ movies. I found it on pirates bay but with 300gigs and 10 seeders, but that would take forever. Anyone know where to find this as a NZB ??

Artemis
03-25-2012, 05:50 AM
Since you seem to be asking genuine questions, and can actually structure a sentence I will give you a suggestion. This subsection of the forum is for discussion about movies and tv shows, not how to download them via torrent/ddl/nzb. There are filesharing and nzb subsections for that. You can ask a moderator to move this thread to the appropriate section. I would do this in a hurry before the angry Canadian troll that lurks in this section wakes up and berates you for being a n00b and gives you the evil eye, and generally makes being you an uncomfortable experience for awhile. Or you could just ignore me, I might be fibbing about the angry Canadian troll.... but can you take the chance? :idunno:

IdolEyes787
03-25-2012, 07:26 PM
Certain segments of the staff who shall remain unnamed aren't given to complying with reasonable requests so basically let anarchy rule or unleash Hell or something.
Given that I think I shall start a thread in the filesharing section about the failure of the new economics and how it impacts the average homeowner.

megabyteme
03-25-2012, 10:41 PM
Given that I think I shall start a thread in the filesharing section about the failure of the new economics and how it impacts the average homeowner.

There are people who still own homes? :O

JustDOSE
03-26-2012, 01:12 AM
I have been searching everywhere for the Star Trek Ultimate collection, it includes all the tv shows/ movies. I found it on pirates bay but with 300gigs and 10 seeders, but that would take forever. Anyone know where to find this as a NZB ?? wtf............thats noob... just download the individual rips.... ur hella noob tool for wanting some fly by night novelty bullshit like that...

manker
03-26-2012, 11:06 AM
I have been searching everywhere for the Star Trek Ultimate collection, it includes all the tv shows/ movies. I found it on pirates bay but with 300gigs and 10 seeders, but that would take forever. Anyone know where to find this as a NZB ?? wtf............thats noob... just download the individual rips.... ur hella noob tool for wanting some fly by night novelty bullshit like that...Yeah. What a noob. Wanting to download 13 films and 5 series with one click instead of manually searching for each rip.
You tit.

If the guy has the gigs to burn on usenet, then an NZB would be the perfect way to download this behemoth.

My advice if the NZB isn't forthcoming would be to get that torrent, ten seeds isn't bad provided the swarm has at least ten times as many leechers, prioritise the rips that he actually wants to watch straight away in the torrent client and keep updating it day by day to get the episodes/films in the required order until it's done.
I did that with Babylon 5. Which, much to my chagrin, turned out to be shit.

rgawg
03-28-2012, 12:39 AM
Actually, I am just someone who does not have a lot of time on my hands to search through torrent websites in hopes of finding all of the torrents. It would be nice just to download one entire rip and let it download while I attent school and my 9-5 job.

Beck38
03-28-2012, 03:05 AM
Actually, the easiest and probably cheapest way to do it is what I did several years ago;

Netflix and a stack of blank DVD5's.

Most if not all the series (Star Trek, Next Gen, DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise) on DVD (SD for Enterprise, as it was done in Widescreen and easily transferred to HD), 4 episodes per DVD9, easily 'split' (no recode) 2 each per DVD5.

If you have BR capability, it'd be easier today to simply copy the full DVD9's to BR25's (3ea per), and go from there. The movies would be a bit more, but you may find decent recodes in HD/MKV, or do it yourself.

I haven't gotten around to the movies (either the 'classic' or the Next Gen), probably a goal for this coming summer.

But I have all the TV stuff from years ago, neatly stacked in my 'library'.

Simply figure out how you want to do it, set a schedule, and start grinding away. Stop thinking someone else is going to do the work to your personal specifications, no matter what.

I have about 3 hours a day I can spend on 'enhancing' my collection, and I make the time.

manker
03-28-2012, 01:20 PM
^ that seems like a lot of work.
I haven't burned a DVD for years, what with the declining cost of external HDs and most TV manufacturers deciding that usb slots should be ubiquitous across the range.

Actually, I am just someone who does not have a lot of time on my hands to search through torrent websites in hopes of finding all of the torrents. It would be nice just to download one entire rip and let it download while I attent school and my 9-5 job.
I thought you found the torrent already.

rgawg
03-29-2012, 07:07 PM
^ that seems like a lot of work.
I haven't burned a DVD for years, what with the declining cost of external HDs and most TV manufacturers deciding that usb slots should be ubiquitous across the range.

I thought you found the torrent already.

I did, but it was like 300 gigs lol.

manker
03-29-2012, 10:08 PM
I'm no expert on these things but I reckon it would be 300 gigs on usenet too.

IdolEyes787
03-29-2012, 10:32 PM
I'm no expert on these things but I reckon it would be 300 gigs on usenet too.

There's a 2GB version in which they only retained the stuff that doesn't cause you to roll your eyes.

manker
03-29-2012, 11:13 PM
Wut. It's 300 gigs of pure gold.
Infraction issued :snooty:

Hypatia
03-30-2012, 09:42 AM
actually if you plan on downloading dvd's from usenet then it would much more than 300Gb

IdolEyes787
03-30-2012, 04:51 PM
Wut. It's 300 gigs of pure gold.
Infraction issued :snooty:

I would be worried about violating the Prime Directive if I were you.
I've done a good deal of research and the only way around it when interfering with less advanced species is if it advances the storyline or if you also have sex with me.

zot
03-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Is there a problem with downloading all the stuff separately? Being Star Trek, I'd have a hard time believing it's not all available somewhere out there.