PDA

View Full Version : thinking about printing out some graphic pictures

Frankthetank1
03-25-2012, 10:59 PM
so i live in a condo and basiclly it's pretty plain black and white.. My mom's bought me a bunch of pictures but they all suck. I was thinking about printing out some graphic pictures and putting them in the frames my mom gave me. How would i go about doing this? My work has some color printers and a plotter but i doubt anything good enough. I probably need to goto CVS or Kinko's or someplace cheaper with a usb stick

megabyteme
03-25-2012, 11:15 PM
Not sure what the question is exactly, but if you are asking about the quality of photoprinting, those commercial machines can't be beat for cost or quality by any kind of at-home type printer. We use Costco, and they can do anything- even poster sizes. Make sure you call ahead and ask what resolutions are recommended for the size of pics you intend to do.

I expect Kinkos to be pretty high in price compared to somewhere like Costco.

Hope this helps.

Frankthetank1
04-01-2012, 05:36 PM
So i found out I need a minimum of 180dpi photo and up. The better the dpi the better!. I have none :( Anyone know where to get high DPI quality pic's? Basically i was gonna print some desktop quality pictures which will not work.

Quarterquack
04-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Making your own pics usually works better at 180-300dpi.

Also a professional scanning service might be able to increase the size of a picture you already like.

Frankthetank1
04-01-2012, 06:07 PM
I do have some nice picture of Italy i took from my iPhone . Also have some from a digital camera of Italy, Spain, Monty Carlo, etc.. Not sure if any of them are frame worthy though. the one i liked best has my thumb in the right hand corner .:(

So i guess i am looking for a site or torrent site that has stock photos or prints