PDA

View Full Version : Keep track of your favorite tv-series!

Jaman42
03-29-2012, 07:48 AM
I found this awesome site to keep track of when new episodes air of your favorite tv-serie. No registration or login required to make a custom list, simple and works great.

http://www.whendoesitair.com

IdolEyes787
03-29-2012, 10:43 AM
I found this awesome site to keep track of when new episodes air of your favorite tv-serie. No registration or login required to make a custom list, simple and works great.

http://www.whendoesitair.com

Or is could just look on the interactive TV Guide thingy on my TV.:unsure:

Anyway given that that was your first post and when you logged in you didn't bother to browse anything else I can only assume that you are only here to promote that site.
Which basically ensures that I will never use it and for good measure bad- mouth it to anyone that asks me about it.:mellow:

Snee
03-29-2012, 06:44 PM
Information is being fetched from www.thetvdb.com and www.tvrage.com
Contact | Copyright © 2012 whendoesitair.com

So basically it's a site with dodgy layout that uses someone else's data.

That's exactly like FST's front page. But avoid, children.

If there are any ads on there I'm blocking them all, so that's nice :smilie4:

Jaman42
03-30-2012, 05:25 AM
Information is being fetched from www.thetvdb.com and www.tvrage.com
Contact | Copyright © 2012 whendoesitair.com

That's exactly like FST's front page. But avoid, children.

If there are any ads on there I'm blocking them all, so that's nice :smilie4:

Good for you! Stick it to them!!!

IdolEyes787
03-30-2012, 11:10 AM
I guess he told you.

Jaman42
03-30-2012, 11:50 AM
I guess he told you.

Nope

I don't think the layout is dodgy at all. Whats wrong with using other people's data, when you typed it like that I got the feeling that there should be something wrong with that? The reason thetvdb and tvrage have APIs is for people who want to access the data and they are clearly being credited for it on the website as well. I thought this website was something people could use, its optional thou. You don't have to if you can't handle the "dodgy" layout or the fact that the information is being gathered using a API that the source set up for just this purpose.

manker
03-30-2012, 12:01 PM
I think it's good :idunno:

I use the favourites thing on tvtorrents so I know when the vampire diaries and other awesome shows are going to be available to DL - but this seems decent for those excluded from the cognoscenti.

Snee
03-30-2012, 05:37 PM

I use the favourites thing on tvtorrents so I know when the vampire diaries and other awesome shows are going to be available to DL - but this seems decent for those excluded from the cognoscenti.
The point is that you can basically get the same thing from the sources, or tvtorrents (:ghey:) I suppose, only those look like regular sites, not a windows phone app (:ghey:).

But if you're visually impaired and/or hate reading, then congratulations.

Eh, wtf:

One thing that would make it better would be more relative measurements. em might be good, but if the container could be based on %, even, and the font size and etc followed that, it might work better if in a smaller window/lower res. The thing does keep its layout p well tho, regardless of zoom, and that's nice, but then again, you get a lot for free with chrome and ff, so it might still be off on ie7 fex.

But on a large screen it just looks like a toy now, in a maximised window. There's too little information using up too much space, imo.

There's room for additional panels and info. Idk containing what, really. One possible option might be a list of shows with drag-and-drop functionality. Drag a show onto the center and it gets added, and etc.

Another thing that might make it better is if the mouseover event also worked on those huge banners, rather than just the dates to the left (and right). Or if the banners were made clickable, maybe so the summary stayed after mouseout (idk, one click shows summary from the left, two clicks summary from the right, third clicks goes back to the banner - something like that).

As it is now, it pretty much has about the same info most sites I've used which were dedicated to tv-shows already have, and those have it in addition to the downloads themselves and that. For it to shine it needs extras.

It would actually sort of work as a phone app, tho, as is (with both android and ios there's a framework you can just stick a page into and get an app p fast, I think). It's pretty much made as if intended for tablets and smartphones, where it would work much better with the screen sizes and resolutions.

mjmacky
03-30-2012, 11:22 PM

This is what, the 3rd time you've mentioned it? It's clearly becoming a call for help, so I'll do the best I can. Stop being such a fag and watching vampire diaries. You're welcome.

Jaman42
04-10-2012, 07:47 AM
Or if the banners were made clickable, maybe so the summary stayed after mouseout (idk, one click shows summary from the left, two clicks summary from the right, third clicks goes back to the banner - something like that).

There was an update a couple of weeks ago, you can now click the banners to get more info about the show.