PDA

View Full Version : Mary pays off

mjmacky
03-29-2012, 08:13 AM
I don't know exactly where Mary originated or how it connects, but at its inception I didn't think much at all about it. Then I just got used to it, an interchangeable for macky. Now I think it has grown on me and don't want to lose it.

I just had a moment to explore the possibilities. This was sparked as Dave now refers to me as Mary in the comments of his blog. It portrays an image where it looks like he's now harassing 2 specific women on the internet. Classic Dave, always stalking women on the internet, wearing camouflage on a city street.

:dave:

mjmacky
03-29-2012, 08:16 AM
On second thought, when are we supposed to use the Dave smilie? I'm kind of confused on what kind of response it's supposed to represent. I mean, if we treat it like the other smilies, only the crazies would be able to use it appropriately.

manker
03-29-2012, 10:25 AM
I'm not altogether sure when we use that one.
I only asked tesco to add it to the smiley list in addition to the far superior ones that Darky made cus I didn't want your efforts to appear unappreciated.

Also, remember the Dr. Cox conversation we had? Mary originated at around the same time. Before that I notice that Dave and possibly others, I think, were calling you Jacky.
I think Mary is much nicer :happy:

megabyteme
03-29-2012, 10:44 AM
Agreed. Mary is the name of a sweet, innocent-minded, older church-going lady who is being harassed by Dave online.

megabyteme
03-29-2012, 10:47 AM
As for the Dave smilies, they are appropriately used anytime one would wish to punctuate that Dave rose to the level of mentalist (first one ever) to deserve his own, personalized smilie. How many people on how many sites on the whole of the internet can say they are that mental? :dave: :balustrade:

manker
03-29-2012, 10:53 AM
I do actually know of a different mentalist, Billy Dean, who had his own smiley - but I also had my own smiley on that forum too (the code was :batmank: cus the heartless admin bar-stewards decided I look a lot like Michael Keaton ((again with the curly hair)) or was it because I posted pics of me dressed as batman. idk).
Several others did too but then that was The Moderation and not FST per se.

That made less sense that I originally intended but wtf.

mjmacky
03-29-2012, 10:56 AM
I'm not altogether sure when we use that one.
I only asked tesco to add it to the smiley list in addition to the far superior ones that Darky made cus I didn't want your efforts to appear unappreciated.

I didn't actually mean mine, I meant the Daves in general. I also didn't realize that one was even mine :( I was just putting dave in colons

Also, remember the Dr. Cox conversation we had? Mary originated at around the same time. Before that I notice that Dave and possibly others, I think, were calling you Jacky.
I think Mary is much nicer :happy:

Did it really connect with that? The feminist in me is no longer your horny slut, thinking of cognitive dissonance is a real box block for her. Jacky wasn't bothering me, I was the one who promoted its use since it seemed such a poor diminutive. I felt like Dave's use of it was a justification of my inkling. That dig was sponsored by the feminist by the way.

manker
03-29-2012, 10:59 AM
Ahh, no. It just coincided with that. I aimed to provide timeline perspective.
I started calling you Mary on a whim and that conversation followed shortly afterwards.

I quite like the idea of you having a feminist inside you, btw.

mjmacky
03-29-2012, 11:04 AM
As for the Dave smilies, they are appropriately used anytime one would wish to punctuate that Dave rose to the level of mentalist (first one ever) to deserve his own, personalized smilie. How many people on how many sites on the whole of the internet can say they are that mental? :dave: :balustrade:

I was hoping we could use them outside the context of Dave. We should hold a summit or something. My suggestions are to use the balustrade when someone is paying too much unwanted attention to a person or idea. The regular dave one can be used for whenever any of us "just don't get it". It's just that smilies are typically used for animating our own reactions rather than pointing out others' behavior, it's a context issue and I feel like it would be terrible to waste the potential of their implementation.

p.s. I will one day learn how to consistently spell smilie, it's the won word I never seem certain of with regards to character use and order.

mjmacky
03-29-2012, 11:06 AM
I started calling you Mary on a whim and that conversation followed shortly afterwards.

oic, there are several personists inside me and I made a post about it once. I don't think anyone liked it.

manker
03-29-2012, 11:16 AM

oic, there are several personists inside me and I made a post about it once. I don't think anyone liked it.I don't remember it :unsure:
But Darky liked it.
She made a similar post recently. I did wonder from whence the idea germinated.

manker
03-29-2012, 11:19 AM
My suggestions are to use the balustrade when someone is paying too much unwanted attention to a person or idea.Agree.
I did that recently ... I think it was directed at Arty or Idol, possibly.

hmmz. my memory seems to suck bawls the day.

megabyteme
03-29-2012, 11:23 AM
My suggestions are to use the balustrade when someone is paying too much unwanted attention to a person or idea.Agree.
I did that recently ... I think it was directed at Arty or Idol, possibly.

Part of the reason the smilie has uses is the fact that we all recognize so many pedals on the rose that is Dave. I do think it will be understood when used outside of direct Dave comments.

Quarterquack
03-29-2012, 11:32 AM
But Darky liked it.

Drinking my morning tea, reading forum threads, and I realize a joke I made was unintentionally unoriginal.
Now spitting my unoriginal morning tea down the sink, mad that someone thinks I stole the idea.
@jjjjelena are you going to show us your breasts this fine morning?
Going to CIPO to trademark dissociative personality disorder humour, skipping work.

Decided to show you guys a glimpse into my twitter life.

manker
03-29-2012, 11:43 AM
bewbs on twitter :o

I had no idea. Does this kind of thing happen regularly. Are there mods on Twitter that regularly and methodically remove every last vestige of areolae - because I had assumed this to be the case.

I don't have twitter, but maybe I need it :eyebrows:

Quarterquack
03-29-2012, 11:46 AM
Wot? This is the first time you heart of it? Even celebs post aerola-accompanied nipples on the twits. Of course they then say it's unintentional. But they do, so bless them.

manker
03-29-2012, 11:55 AM
I pay so little attention to celebrity gossip, and therefore twitter, that I was completely unaware of its branching out into an area that is relevant to my interests.

True story.

Quarterquack
03-29-2012, 11:57 AM
Here (https://twitter.com/#!/YasmineChanel), a twitter bitch fight unravelling real-time. It's this stuff that I live for.

Best-of quotes include:

"listen, don't comment on my posts you idiot."
"and stop rting my bf too, fucking stalker."
"there's nothing wrong with looking ghetto"

And the fight brought up this gem, of someone impersonating the first transsexual-gone-girlontwitter: http://yasminechanel.tumblr.com/ (apparently this dilutes her artistic vision since it's not her).

Isn't the internets great?

Barbarossa
03-29-2012, 11:59 AM
I didn't even know twitter had pictures :dabs:

mjmacky
03-29-2012, 12:01 PM
oic, there are several personists inside me and I made a post about it once. I don't think anyone liked it.I don't remember it :unsure:
But Darky liked it.

I felt tasked with finding it.
http://filesharingtalk.com/threads/434786-The-summer-2011-totally-legitimate-and-like-official-atheist-thread-endorsed-too?p=3662550&viewfull=1#post3662550

What was his post then? If Darth Plagiarist really did rip my idea, then there's foreshadowy irony in my linked post.

Squeamous
03-29-2012, 12:47 PM
I don't know exactly where Mary originated or how it connects, but at its inception I didn't think much at all about it. Then I just got used to it, an interchangeable for macky. Now I think it has grown on me and don't want to lose it.

I just had a moment to explore the possibilities. This was sparked as Dave now refers to me as Mary in the comments of his blog. It portrays an image where it looks like he's now harassing 2 specific women on the internet. Classic Dave, always stalking women on the internet, wearing camouflage on a city street.

:dave:

Poor :dave:, he's become the thing he absolutely hates the most in the world. That's gotta hurt.

happyed
03-29-2012, 01:12 PM
Poor :dave:, he's become the thing he absolutely hates the most in the world. That's gotta hurt.

Not at all, as you know you became (or showed yourself to be) the thing I absolutely hate most in the world, a liar.

mjmacky
03-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Sorry manker, he was staying away (I think) but then I helped him upset himself with all the bile he was spewing. I think I'm creating to much work for you, what's your next command master?

manker
03-29-2012, 04:21 PM
Um. He seems to be disproportionately upset about a shite footballer who collapsed the other weekend. Dave's mentioned it like four times already, so in your next bout of discourse tell him that Muamba is a big poof with heart aids.

Snee
03-29-2012, 07:18 PM

oic, there are several personists inside me and I made a post about it once. I don't think anyone liked it.
I didn't mind.

Something Else
03-29-2012, 07:41 PM
Here (https://twitter.com/#%21/YasmineChanel), a twitter bitch fight unravelling real-time. It's this stuff that I live for.

Best-of quotes include:

And the fight brought up this gem, of someone impersonating the first transsexual-gone-girlontwitter: http://yasminechanel.tumblr.com/ (apparently this dilutes her artistic vision since it's not her).

I clicked your link. It was full of lolboys. :dabs:

IdolEyes787
03-29-2012, 09:06 PM
Here (https://twitter.com/#%21/YasmineChanel), a twitter bitch fight unravelling real-time. It's this stuff that I live for.

Best-of quotes include:

Thanks for nothing.
Due to trusting your judgement I made the unwise decision of clicking that link . Now I don't know if I actually have a soul or if I do that it can literally crumble but still I'm pretty sure that my soul just literally crumbled after reading those tweets.:mellow:

Snee
03-29-2012, 09:09 PM
Just remember that lolboys is a bad, bad thing, and it'll be a lesson not wasted.

IdolEyes787
03-29-2012, 09:15 PM
The internet is confusing since lolcats are so darn charming.

Something Else
03-29-2012, 09:33 PM
Trusting your own judgement of my judgement, is where you went wrong.

mjmacky
03-29-2012, 11:42 PM

A ploy to trick me into following a link in which I thought would be both sexy and funny.