PDA

View Full Version : [Request] Needed: Invite to good general day tracker for RL friend

megabyteme
03-29-2012, 12:01 PM
One of my long-time real-life friends mentioned receiving a DMCA notice recently. I promised him an invite to IPt, but then found out they have recently taken away all of the invites. This leaves me kinda high-and-dry with my promise to help him out.

I've got invites to TL, but don't consider it to be "safe" anymore after receiving my own DMCA notice while seeding a torrent on there.

My ratio has slipped below 1.0 on RevTT, so my invites don't work there. Seeding back has not been as easy as it once was. I'm not a big fan of pay-to-leech. I don't want to set my froend up with the expectation that he would have to, either.

TorrentBytes doesn't do invites, although I remember them opening up A LOT of user spaces there recently- that one may work (thinking out loud).

Anyway, no other ones come to mind right now, but essentially, I am looking for a way for my friend to be "safe" while torrenting some general files. I don't expect any trouble with the account, nor any problems with him maintaining a ratio.

Any help/ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT- I should also add that an all-English forum would be preferred for him.

mjmacky
03-29-2012, 12:19 PM
So you're just trying to figure out which site to invite him to? Does this mean he's looking for access to an all around tracker, or is he in for just TV/movies primarily?

megabyteme
03-29-2012, 12:52 PM
So far, he's only used public trackers (he was on Demonoid when he got the DMCA notice for "Lorax"), and wasn't even sure what the distinction was for a "private tracker".

I know he likes movies. A reliable source for software wouldn't hurt, either. I think a good, easy-to-seed genera/0-day site would serve him quite nicely.

Note to those generous in helping/making suggestions: I will be away from my computer for the next few hours. Please don't take my absence as a sign of anything other than being away. Thanks. :)

Disme
03-29-2012, 12:58 PM
You're on FSC right? Why don't you make an app for him there. It's a general 0-day tracker with some nice packs.
Speeds might not max out your connection at all times, but when talking about 'safety', you cannot go wrong with FSC.

karachidude
03-29-2012, 05:06 PM
ftn is safer than a lot of other trackers too,and better than fsc content wise,your friend could just use torrentleech for older things and ftn for newer releases!!

IdolEyes787
03-29-2012, 05:10 PM
ftn is safer than a lot of other trackers too,and better than fsc content wise,your friend could just use torrentleech for older things and ftn for newer releases!!

You will donate so that you can invite him I'm taking it then?

LazyGuy
03-29-2012, 06:23 PM
for a casual user with no specifically formed interest i would recommend sites like Digitalhive and Filelist.ro and IPT(sad they disabled invites)
despite having a huge userbase on FLRO i've never heard of anyone getting the DMCA mail in their mailboxes
maybe that has to do with the site being offshore

BobFromAccounting
03-29-2012, 06:30 PM
Throw in an app for him at FSC, practically ratio-free and they could seriously use the downloaders lol

Not to mention he's pretty much never getting a DMCA from there

teflon05
03-29-2012, 09:24 PM
Another good one is acid lounge. I have invites there if you say knows a bit about torrenting. I have several revtt too if you want to get him in there.

karachidude
03-29-2012, 09:58 PM

You will donate so that you can invite him I'm taking it then?

i would if i it was my real life friend i was planning to invite.

IdolEyes787
03-29-2012, 10:01 PM
And if MBM isn't a member of FTN?

megabyteme
03-29-2012, 10:07 PM
You're on FSC right? Why don't you make an app for him there. It's a general 0-day tracker with some nice packs.
Speeds might not max out your connection at all times, but when talking about 'safety', you cannot go wrong with FSC.

I was on FSC, but a staffer suggested that I had not been active (on either the forums, torrents, or logging in), and I requested the account be closed. Nothing but good feelings for the members and staff there. I tried to be active in the forums, and even committed myself to downloading solely from FSC (which is really not bad at all- even on torrents with 1 or 2 seeds), but just didn't feel I needed the site.

Ultimately, I have more fun on the public forums here.

****UPDATE****

I did send the link to torrentbytes to my friend. That is certainly a good site (it was my online home for the greater part of 5 years before I found FST) that will get him started in a semi-private environment. As far as I know, there hasn't been any trouble with DMCA notices.

I have had several kind, generous offers in this thread, and via PM. Honestly, I'm being like my wife when she is shopping for clothes- I have no idea what I really am looking for, but am willing to stand around like a bovine in the middle of the road with cars coming. :idunno: :)

Apologies for not being able to make up my mind.

Night0wl
03-30-2012, 04:10 AM
There really isn't such a thing as a great general site anymore when it comes to safety. It's more which sites not to bother with

Waffles: Music, apps = bitch to seed unless you're willing ot put effort into it.. at least a bit
BTN: TV = Not easy to get invited, otherwise great
FTN or SCC: Scene = not easy or bitch to seed
BCG: Games.. this should be easily possible

Finding one site for all while at the same time looking for some kind of security isn't as easy anymore.

Screw security and find it all on TL and Demonoid + TPB

Green Goblin
03-30-2012, 04:21 AM
I think bitsoup is open, i still use this site, very easy to seed back.

anigav
03-30-2012, 05:03 AM
Supertorrents ? Will that suit your requirements?

megabyteme
03-30-2012, 10:13 PM
**UPDATE** I have decided to murder my friend in his sleep rather than have him donate for upload credit, cross-seed, jump on multitudes of unwanted/unneeded files, or jump through any of the ridiculous, time-consuming hoops that have become necessary in order to compete with seedbags who feel the need to have 40x ratios and TBs of files they will never make any form of use.

Regardless of my humor/cynicism here, I do sincerely appreciate all of the people who came to my aid with such immediate and generous offers. I am going to let my friend try out TBy for the time being, and see how he does on a site that has managed to bypass most of the silliness that has permeated the BT community at every level now.

This sort of minefield cannot be anything that was intended at the inception of the protocol. Unless I'm mistaken, the idea was to simply- let me say that again SIMPLY, and EFFICIENTLY, transfer files. Probably with the now alien notion that people would make use of the files they were transferring.

Overseeding has become a plague on the community. I think a vast majority of the individuals doing so are also of no real value to the sites they choke are members of. I have to ask, SHOULD SITES START EVICTING THESE SEEDWHORES?

IdolEyes787
03-30-2012, 10:31 PM
**UPDATE** I have decided to murder my friend in his sleep rather than have him donate for upload credit, cross-seed, jump on multitudes of unwanted/unneeded files, or jump through any of the ridiculous, time-consuming hoops that have become necessary in order to compete with seedbags who feel the need to have 40x ratios and TBs of files they will never make any form of use.

Regardless of my humor/cynicism here, I do sincerely appreciate all of the people who came to my aid with such immediate and generous offers. I am going to let my friend try out TBy for the time being, and see how he does on a site that has managed to bypass most of the silliness that has permeated the BT community at every level now.

This sort of minefield cannot be anything that was intended at the inception of the protocol. Unless I'm mistaken, the idea was to simply- let me say that again SIMPLY, and EFFICIENTLY, transfer files. Probably with the now alien notion that people would make use of the files they were transferring.

Overseeding has become a plague on the community. I think a vast majority of the individuals doing so are also of no real value to the sites they choke are members of. I have to ask, SHOULD SITES START EVICTING THESE SEEDWHORES?

Sorry I lost interest focus somewhere around the middle of the first sentence so I don't know what you said after that. Regardless of that since you are planning on killing your friend(strange ,I make it a point to only kill my enemies and the occasional unwary stranger) might I suggest you then sell whatever of his organs you can and use that money to invest in a seedbox so if this situation ever happens to arise again you will have attained the necessary high user classes at all the better sites and then have all the necessary invites you shall ever need and won't have to go begging here like the lowlife you are.:)

megabyteme
03-30-2012, 10:49 PM
might I suggest you then sell whatever of his organs :)

I was planning to just eat those. The price of meat has gone up so much in the past few months that I haven't had a steak in so long that I will easily be able to mis-steak it for beef. :yum: And my kids have so few reference points that they won't be able to tell the difference between him that and fast food burgers.

IdolEyes787
03-30-2012, 11:36 PM
might I suggest you then sell whatever of his organs :)

I was planning to just eat those. The price of meat has gone up so much in the past few months that I haven't had a steak in so long that I will easily be able to mis-steak it for beef. :yum: And my kids have so few reference points that they won't be able to tell the difference between him that and fast food burgers.

Just to be on the safe side I suggest you freeze his body first then.
Btw since you don't need this thread any longer can I hijack it and use it to ask for high level trackers*.

*Purposely vague so not to inadvertently exclude myself from anything where everyone has a fast connection and talks about movies and music in terms of encodes and bitrates.

megabyteme
03-31-2012, 12:18 AM
Feel free to use it as a platform for requests of high-level trackers, hookers, cocaine, stolen cars, obscure sex toys, bodily mutilations/piercings/tattoos, and/or 14th century erotic tales...

Mi threada is su threada. As they say in Spanish, or whatever other silly, made-up languages. :)

Funkin'
04-01-2012, 02:31 PM
MBM if your friend ends up not liking TBy(which I don't know why he would, it's an excellent tracker) I can provide him with an invite to RevTT. It's a pretty great general tracker. I personally think IPT is better but they removed invites from everyone but the uploaders and douchebagsvip's...

IdolEyes787
04-01-2012, 03:06 PM
MBM if your friend ends up not liking TBy(which I don't know why he would, it's an excellent tracker) I can provide him with an invite to RevTT. It's a pretty great general tracker. I personally think IPT is better but they removed invites from everyone but the uploaders and douchebagsvip's...
He's got issues with the apparent mercenary nature of RevTT as well.Ironically he's rl friend doesn't give a fuck about morality and just wants to steal some R rated movies to jack off to.

megabyteme
04-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Ironically he's rl friend doesn't give a fuck about morality and just wants to steal some R rated movies to jack off to.Those no longer do it for him unless there is a large quantity of blood involved. Other than that, he only gets excited by non-animated Disney filums these days. :lookaroun

hungrylilboy
04-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Filelist.RO surely a good choice.

primevil
04-01-2012, 09:46 PM
GFT if you are a member is a good option.

megabyteme
04-02-2012, 01:54 AM

You aren't the first to recommend this site. Am I mistaken in believing to to be non-English, and requiring a translator?

hungrylilboy
04-02-2012, 08:00 PM
dont know why your friend need a forum, i just want stuff. this site is superb & everything are self-explain. you still hit 2 ratio eventually if you try to hit and run. subscene play major role too.

http://ptpimg.me/jnk16y.jpg
http://ptpimg.me/7cd6fv.jpg

LazyGuy
04-05-2012, 08:20 AM

You aren't the first to recommend this site. Am I mistaken in believing to to be non-English, and requiring a translator?

you are mistaken in believing that Filelist being of Romanian Language (Interface) is inaccessible to us general English Speaking crowd
the site itself is based on the familiar TBdev and everything is very intuitive to use (even for non_Romanians)
case in point: more than 70% of the traffic to the tracker comes from Non-Romanian locations,
meaning that there are more users from outside Romania than from Romania itself

if you want more convincing i am sure Anon can do it for me (convince you/your friend)

heck i even use Rutracker in conjunction with Chromium

anon
04-05-2012, 05:39 PM
if you want more convincing i am sure Anon can do it for me (convince you/your friend)

Sure, here we go:

It's usable. You don't need a translator. You should look for an invite now.

:)

stan
04-10-2012, 05:27 AM
Looks like a change of heart over at IPT.

After a staff decision, all power users will now start receiving one invite per month

anon
04-10-2012, 12:29 PM
Looks like a change of heart over at IPT.

After a staff decision, all power users will now start receiving one invite per month

That's great :) I didn't like the change in their invite policy, glad they reconsidered.

megabyteme
04-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Good to know. Now the can give me back my %&*$ing invites they took. :P

I have received a very generous offer, and am trying to get a hold of my friend. Thanks to everyone for all of the input and offers. :happy: