gumgum
03-31-2012, 10:27 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/n54ug6.png

DeadPoet
03-31-2012, 11:37 PM
April fools.

IdolEyes787
03-31-2012, 11:49 PM
What clued you in ,that's it's April 1st ,that the messaged lacked the usually accompanying message or that people in bt are generally known to make up in immaturity what they lack in imagination?

DeadPoet
04-01-2012, 12:31 AM
Pink background obviously.

dvdasacd
04-01-2012, 01:19 AM
as idoleyes hilariously pointed out, it does look fake indeed, and using domaintools hosting history lookup (http://www.domaintools.com/research/hosting-history/?q=xbtmusic.org) you can see that the current live site (and on .com and .eu as well) is at the same polish IP that xbtmusic has been on for the past two years.

Using that clue alone: when a domain is seized, does the IP usually change (to a US customs IP)? Or do they just modify the index page on the same server? would be useful to know.....maybe sometimes they can seize and server as well as the domain, so they just keep the server running temporarily with a modified index.....

ca_aok
04-01-2012, 01:21 AM
Also when there's an actual seizure they cite the relevant laws and such in the message.

dvdasacd
04-01-2012, 01:55 AM
a friend has emailed and still thinks it might have been seized (I don't), because he observes that all urls you try to enter into the domain redirect to the ICE page.

but pedro has just probably changed the site temporarily. after all probably the tracker is still fine (though whether that's on a different ip I can't be bothered to check)...

teflon05
04-01-2012, 02:02 AM
after all probably the tracker is still fine (though whether that's on a different ip I can't be bothered to check)...

I'm seeding 10 albums there & all of them went red. If it's an April fools prank, they apparently want to make it pretty convincing.

JoeBlow
04-01-2012, 02:35 AM
That would be the dumbest fools joke ever. Users will start to delete the torrent they are seeding there out of fear. Also, I have been a member at pedros for many years and the staff is not the type to joke around.

dvdasacd
04-01-2012, 02:54 AM
Hmm this intrigues me. I'm a member but haven't torrented anything there for a while, so I don't know what the tracker url is and thus do an ip check on that and see if the tracker is on an independent IP or not (whether now - if it IS still pointing to an ip - or previously). If torrents are not working, well clearly it's a modification of the entire server, whoever's done it. Ridiculously coincidental if it were a hacker, on this date.

So weird. again, it doesn't look like a legitimate domain seizure. unless it's what new ones look like under the new laws.....a really basic image.....

Fiamma
04-01-2012, 04:24 AM
Seeding over 300 torrents and they are all red as roses, however, IRC is still up and the bot is letting people join and only tracker members are allowed on IRC.

Looks like a lamer than usual joke.

Enlightened
04-01-2012, 06:48 AM
That will be a nasty and cruel prank for April Fool day......

Stabber
04-01-2012, 10:13 AM
First E now pedros ? I do like april fool day but not being able to login to the site all day , is not that funny .

But then again i do prefer to be just a prank than that the site is seized

dvdasacd
04-01-2012, 10:23 AM
it is a massive shame that E is down (what, it's gone forever???). I'm sorry but could someone fill me in on what happened to E - I did indeed notice it wasn't loading about a week ago but was busy and haven't looked into it since.

Stabber
04-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Basically the sysop didn't pay for the server costs , he probably forgot or didn't care to do it . So as long he doesn't , the site will be down and maybe even permanently

IdolEyes787
04-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Also when there's an actual seizure they cite the relevant laws and such in the message.

I appreciate that you took the time to restate what I already said.I take that as a sign of your self involvement utmost admiration of me.
Also thanks to the OP for creating this thread and making it immensely easier for me to whittle down who to avoid in the future.:)

teflon05
04-01-2012, 12:09 PM
You'd avoid someone because of their music format/torrent site preference? I realized your shallow, but I didn't realize just how shallow...

dvdasacd
04-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Basically the sysop didn't pay for the server costs , he probably forgot or didn't care to do it . So as long he doesn't , the site will be down and maybe even permanentlyIt's just that that community, doesn't have anywhere else for being in the same place as each other, than E. which is what the real shame is :(.....

what.cd too big a place (and unflexible rules-wise...caaok, can you please persuade your pals to allow DVD-A and SACD ISO ;)), I loved the E forums and site feel and so forth... ah well: all, good slowly-dying poorly-maintained nightmares of a staff leadership... er things must come to an end.

I would donate to have it back though.

Funkin'
04-01-2012, 12:23 PM
You'd avoid someone because of their music format/torrent site preference? I realized your shallow, but I didn't realize just how shallow...
Are you kidding? That's one of the things that makes him so great. Well that and the fact that he doesn't say shit when i commit unspeakable acts to his sis(and twice his mum)...

IdolEyes787
04-01-2012, 12:27 PM

No I avoid someone on which topics they consider worth responding to how they choose to respond to those topics.Actually I think that makes me deep and the people I avoid shallow.
Of course this being April 1st I could be just kidding about the whole thing.

Probably not though.

On second thought as concerns sites I do tend to have hard feelings against people who browse stuff with images of child abuse so who knows maybe I am shallow?

teflon05
04-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Actually, It was kind of a compliment...If you're going to do something, you should do it right, and he excels at it. I admire that.

Child abuse? Now I'm lost...Not sure where you're going with that...

Ah, I see now. I guess I can agree with that. I need more coffee, at first that went right over my head.

IdolEyes787
04-01-2012, 12:34 PM
Actually, It was kind of a compliment...If you're going to do something, you should do it right, and he excels at it. I admire that.

God said to me just the other day that the greatest sin is to be blessed with a talent and let it go to waste.
I said "Even a greater sin than blasphemy O Lord my God?" He said "Yes" so I said "You're fucking kidding me right?"

teflon05
04-01-2012, 12:43 PM
:glagpinch: Made me spit out my coffee

Funkin'
04-01-2012, 02:07 PM
I don't believe you.

dvdasacd
04-01-2012, 03:35 PM
you made me contemplate making that short sharp sniffing out you do when something is mildly funny - for about 0.2 of a second. I may be exaggerating. Apologies.
;)

I don't believe you.you made me contemplate making that short sharp sniffing out you do when something is mildly funny - for about 0.2 of a second. I may be exaggerating. Apologies.
;)

Snoogly
04-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Is there any more news about what is happening with Pedro's?

mjmacky
04-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Who's Pedro and since when did Idol start calling me God?

Stabber
04-01-2012, 10:05 PM
it's back btw ;)

IdolEyes787
04-01-2012, 10:12 PM
it's back btw ;)

I'm going to contact Webster's and suggest they add Stabber as another synonym for humourless.

elbuitre
04-03-2012, 12:15 PM
what a funny and original prank, that pedro sure is a likeable guy

pixit
04-03-2012, 04:14 PM
What an April Fool Joke! I almost drop of my chair! Kidding?

mjmacky
04-04-2012, 05:29 AM
What an April Fool Joke! I almost drop of my chair! Kidding?

So, "drop of chair" and "piece of shit" are actually pretty synonymous. With that in mind, no, you're not kidding.

Contigo
04-04-2012, 09:57 AM
lol, anything is possible at this point. crazy prank!