PDA

View Full Version : Australia _ The Best Country In The World?

Billy_Dean
11-17-2003, 12:02 PM
Every Australian knows that we live in the best country in the world. But what about the rest of you, what do you know about us?

We have ... The best lifestyle
The best climate
The most diverse landscape
Universal free health care
One of the highest per capita incomes
20,000 kms of beaches, the best in the world
We live longer than most places in the world
Low crime rates
Unique flora and fauna
Beautiful women
And of course, I live here!

So what do all you non-Australians think? Jealous, or what?

:)

Billy_Dean
11-17-2003, 12:06 PM
Just to emphasise the point, why don't all you Aussies post a pic of where you live, to show people how beautiful it is.

Yogi
11-17-2003, 12:13 PM
I was starting to fall for your arguments, till i read that last one..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

GoingToVisitAustraliaOnceDespiteBD-YogiYogi

Billy_Dean
11-17-2003, 12:24 PM
What if I swapped the last one for "Aussie Sheila Lives Here"?

Yogi
11-17-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@17 November 2003 - 14:24

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Nuff said?

AllreadyInARelationButStillFlirting-Yogi

AussieSheila
11-17-2003, 12:35 PM
I come from a land down under, where women glow and men chunder (so uncouth!)

Here's me. Life's a beach ain't it?

http://www.uploadit.org/files2/171103-ballina2.jpg http://www.uploadit.org/files2/171103-evans02b.jpg

B)

:angry: Billy Dean? grrrrrrrrrrrr

Adster
11-17-2003, 12:36 PM
ok you gave us aussies good views but how about some bad ones

Economy sux ass

30 bucks for a CD and 10 bucks for a single

$1.50 for a CDr each

100 bucks for a PS2

hm lets see what the other world are thinking

Aussies live in an outbake dirnk VB whist Kangeroos hop around everywhere and we throw boomarangs around and they come back, and we all talk like Steve Irwin.

oh and thsi is a new one too me cook shrimp on a NNQ??

isn't that what we do??

(note the sarcasim in this post)

but yes nice place to live economy sux

cowswithguns
11-17-2003, 12:37 PM
This is Victoria, Australia, the state I live in.

http://images.webshots.com/ProThumbs/82/24382_wallpaper280.jpg

http://www.down-under-guide.com/melb_ade/5.jpg

http://www.atn.com.au/vic/east/graphics/melb.jpg

Adster....$30.00 for a cd.....you're getting ripped off wherever you're buying your cd's :lol: :lol: More like $17.00

Adster
11-17-2003, 12:39 PM
can I just psot a pic of Mt Pamorana wher i live ??

the big 24hr race is on this weekend here

Yogi
11-17-2003, 12:45 PM
Also missed your wide variety&quantity of feral cat's, BD!!!

Now ther's an argument for me!!!
(sheila, don't start posting your cuties now & get me all confused!! Or, at second thought:

http://www.gullivermedia.com.au/bilbydir/pictures/bilby.jpg
Weird:
http://www.gullivermedia.com.au/bilbydir/pictures/bilby.gif
Even Weirder:
http://www.usq.edu.au/users/billings/bilby/bilby.gif

I ReallyDoLikeBilby's-Yogi

AussieSheila
11-17-2003, 12:45 PM
:) Bathurst is beautiful Adster! I've had some fun times there.

B)

@Lee. The Twelve Apostles! Brownie points?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

AussieSheila
11-17-2003, 12:50 PM
Yogi. Babe. I won't. I promise.

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/neargonetakitty.jpg

OMG! I'm hopeless aren't I?

Poor little fella! So many cats..... so few bilbies.

;)

ilw
11-17-2003, 12:54 PM
Australia's full of things waiting to sting, prong, chomp, drown, or lay you out with a toxic nip. People go missing there all the time. But the beer is cold. The sun mostly shines.

The first of the confusing things about Australia is the status of the place. Where other land masses and sovereign lands are classified as either continent, island, or country, Australia is considered all three.
The second confusing thing about Australia are the animals. They can be divided into three categories: Poisonous, Odd, and Sheep.
It is true that of the 10 most poisonous arachnids on the planet, Australia has 9 of them. Actually, it would be more accurate to say that of the 9 most poisonous arachnids, Australia has all of them. However, there are curiously few snakes, possibly because the spiders have killed them all. But even the spiders won't go near the sea.
Any visitors should be careful to check inside boots (before putting them on), under toilet seats (before sitting down) and generally everywhere else. A stick is very useful for this task.
Strangely, it tends to be the second class of animals (the Odd) that are more dangerous. The creature that kills the most people each year is the common Wombat. It is nearly as ridiculous as its name, and spends its life digging holes in the ground, in which it hides. During the night it comes out to eat worms and grubs.
The wombat kills people in two ways: First, the animal is indestructible. Digging holes in the hard Australian clay builds muscles that outclass Olympic weight lifters. At night, they often wander the roads. Semi-trailers (Road Trains) have hit them at high speed, with all 9 wheels on one side, and this merely makes them very annoyed. They express this by snorting, glaring, and walking away. Alas, to smaller cars, the wombat becomes a symmetrical launching pad, with results that can be imagined, but not adequately described.
The second way the wombat kills people relates to its burrowing behaviour. If a person happens to put their hand down a Wombat hole, the Wombat will feel the disturbance and think "Ho! My hole is collapsing!" at which it will brace its muscled legs and push up against the roof of its burrow with incredible force, to prevent its collapse. Any unfortunate hand will be crushed, and attempts to withdraw will cause the Wombat to simply bear down harder. The unfortunate will then bleed to death through their crushed hand as the wombat prevents him from seeking assistance. This is considered the third most embarrassing known way to die, and Australians don't talk about it much.
At this point, we would like to mention the Platypus, estranged relative of the mammal, which has a duck-bill, otter's tail, webbed feet, lays eggs, detects its aquatic prey in the same way as the electric eel, and has venomous barbs attached to its hind legs, thus combining all 'typical' Australian attributes into a single improbable creature.
Faced with insurmountable odds and impossible problems, [Australians] smile disarmingly and look for a stick. Major engineering feats have been performed with sheets of corrugated iron, string, and mud.

Most Australians are now urban dwellers, having discovered the primary use of electricity, which is air-conditioning and refrigerators.
Tips to Surviving Australia:
* Don't ever put your hand down a hole for any reason whatsoever. We mean it.
* The beer is stronger than you think, regardless of how strong you think it is.
* Always carry a stick.
* Air-conditioning.
* Do not attempt to use Australian slang, unless you are a trained linguist and good in a fist fight.
* Thick socks.
* Take good maps. Stopping to ask directions only works when there are people nearby.
* If you leave the urban areas, carry several litres of water with you at all times, or you will die.
* Even in the most embellished stories told by Australians, there is always a core of truth that it is unwise to ignore.

See Also: "Deserts: How to die in them", "The Stick: Second most useful thing ever" and "Poisonous and Venomous arachnids, insects, animals, trees, shrubs, fish and sheep of Australia, volumes 1-42"

From October to May, when the jellyfish come inshore to breed, they render the beaches [Palm Cove & dunno where else]  useless to humans. ... Before us stood a sweep of bay as serene and inviting as you would find anywhere, and yet there was no environment on earth more likely to offer instant death. Each jellyfish has 60 tentacles reaching up to 15 feet in length and each tentacle has enough nematocysts—venomous barbs that puncture the skin—to kill a
person. ... Get entangled in more than one (and they are often found in bunches) and you can only pray you pass out before dying ten minutes later.

"So you're telling me," said Allan, for whom all this was new, "that if I waded into the water now I would die?"
"In the most wretched and abject agony known to man,"
I replied.

"Jesus," he muttered.

"And don't pick up any of the seashells," I added, stopping him from leaning over to pick up a seashell. I explained to him about coneshells—the venomous creatures that lurk inside some of the handsomest, conical shells, waiting for a human hand to sting.

"They've got lethal seashells here?" he asked.

All sounds a wee bit risky for my liking especially that wombat thing :rolleyes:

Yogi
11-17-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by AussieSheila@17 November 2003 - 14:50
Yogi. Babe. I won't. I promise.

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/neargonetakitty.jpg

OMG! I'm hopeless aren't I?

Poor little fella! So many cats..... so few bilbies.

;)
Beyond saviour.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yogi

AussieSheila
11-17-2003, 12:56 PM
:o Quokka.

http://www.uploadit.org/files2/171103-quokka4.jpg

*´¯`·.¸¸.»Çô©ö»
11-17-2003, 12:58 PM
Ok, it's a nice country to live in BD. But every country has its downside.
We have lot in the UK, like the Atlantic weather fronts that hit us with miserable wind and rain. :(
So what are Australias down points?
I know my family from Canberra dislike having to travel loooooooooong distances within the country, whereas here in UK everywhere is reachable by road within hours (usually). <_<
Also the sun and heat in the summer can be extreme in Australia, whereas our climate is less extreme.
Those are 2 points i would not like if i lived there, any more?
Although i will admit, i would rather living there than here in the winter, but dont tell me its perfect, coz i&#39;ll know your bs me... :lol: .

AussieSheila
11-17-2003, 01:00 PM
ilw? The most dangerous thing you would face in this country is me. ;)

Come on over, I&#39;ll take you swimming at Shark Bay.

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/shark1.gif

ilw
11-17-2003, 01:04 PM
ilw? The most dangerous thing you would face in this country is me.
:unsure: I dunno this thing looks pretty scary http://www.glue.umd.edu/~kgurski/wombat.jpg
I saw a horror film with something like that in it and it was pretty damn mean

Billy_Dean
11-17-2003, 01:08 PM
I don&#39;t need to dwell on bad points Coco, I lived in England for 35 years, and here for 20, I wouldn&#39;t live in England again for all the money in the world.

http://www.uploadit.org/files/211003-cairns01.jpg
I live here now, Cairns, surrounded by mountains, rainforest and crystal clear tropical waters. It&#39;s paradise, I talk to tourists who come here and they can&#39;t believe how beautiful it is. I&#39;ll be watching the final Saturday under the stars, on a huge outdoor screen, and 26 degrees. I have no heating bills at all. I eat fresh local food. The good far outweighs the bad.

Yogi
11-17-2003, 01:11 PM
As stated; Beyond Saviour&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

http://www.geocities.co.jp/NatureLand-Sky/2519/quokka.jpg

Next???

@BD: Me jealous(but i&#39;ll be moving to portugal in a few years........)

AllwaysOnTheMove-Yogi

AussieSheila
11-17-2003, 01:15 PM
:) Yes, I&#39;ve met wombats in the wild, they were terribly scary. Where did you get the crap about the snakes? There&#39;s masses of the bloody things.

You did beat me to it with Mr Womby but here&#39;s another for good measure. Changed your pic&#33; Cheeky bugger&#33;

http://www.uploadit.org/files2/171103-womby.jpg

YOGI&#33;

Yogi
11-17-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by AussieSheila@17 November 2003 - 15:15
:) Yes, I&#39;ve met wombats in the wild, they were terribly scary. Where did you get the crap about the snakes? There&#39;s masses of the bloody things.

You did beat me to it with Mr Womby but here&#39;s another for good measure. Changed your pic&#33; Cheeky bugger&#33;

http://www.uploadit.org/files2/171103-womby.jpg

YOGI&#33;

YOGI&#33;

Picquiz??

Yogi

Edit:

AAhhh, Womby&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

http://www.creaturetshirts.com/womby.jpg

AussieSheila
11-17-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by SensualGardening+17 November 2003 - 22:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SensualGardening @ 17 November 2003 - 22:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Billy_Dean@17 November 2003 - 14:24

Nuff said?

AllreadyInARelationButStillFlirting-Yogi [/b][/quote]
YOGI&#33;

Yogi
11-17-2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by AussieSheila+17 November 2003 - 15:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AussieSheila @ 17 November 2003 - 15:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by SensualGardening@17 November 2003 - 22:35
<!--QuoteBegin-Billy_Dean@17 November 2003 - 14:24

Nuff said?

AllreadyInARelationButStillFlirting-Yogi
YOGI&#33;

:lol: :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
Sheila&#33;&#33;&#33;

:D :D :D

Yogi
11-17-2003, 01:26 PM
And of course, I live here&#33;

Still waiting, BD&#33;&#33;

Yogi

AussieSheila
11-17-2003, 01:29 PM
Ok, I&#39;ll flirt in yellow if you will :)

Go away BD

Yogi
11-17-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by AussieSheila@17 November 2003 - 15:29
Ok, I&#39;ll flirt in yellow if you will :)

Go away BD
I&#39;ll flirt with you in any color&#33;&#33;

:P Yogi

Billy_Dean
11-17-2003, 01:40 PM
Haha&#33; I just read ilw&#39;s post. Killer wombats&#33; :D

And no snakes? We got more and deadlier snakes than anywhere in the world&#33;

And what about the fire ants, scorpions, mossies, ticks, leeches and all the rest?

ang3968
11-17-2003, 01:46 PM
:lol: @ ilw

lovely stories there matee....

Firstly, I came from New Zealand where the most dangerous things were the drunks leaving the pubs on a Saturday nite ... so in a sense I was sheltered from the dangers of Oz. :huh:

Spiders the most dangerous???.... hell they don&#39;t even have an anti-venom for Redbacks anymore cos you&#39;d have to be bit by a few to kill an adult... the snakes are by far the worse things in this country&#33;&#33;&#33;

We learn to check the shoes left outside for spiders, and they were only ever under the toilet seat in the old outhouses... but now we have them new fangdangled flush jobs in the house... so much easier&#33;&#33; ;)

The snakes are there in force tho... our cat has had the misfortune to play with a brown snake.... she spent 3 days on a drip and for some funny reason doesn&#39;t play with snakes anymore. :blink:

I do have to agree with not asking for directions tho..... they&#39;d probly send ya in the opposite direction just for a laugh over here..... :rolleyes:

funny bugga&#39;s the aussies

AussieSheila
11-17-2003, 01:49 PM
;) Hey ang&#33; Them Kiwi&#39;s are pretty bloody funny as well.

:lol:

ang3968
11-17-2003, 01:50 PM
yea shelia... so funny they lost the world cup <_<

AussieSheila
11-17-2003, 01:54 PM
:( Oh ang&#33; I did have a comment about that typed in but deleted it. :)

And you were SO confident.

ROFLMFAO&#33;

Oh&#33; Sorry&#33; So rude of me&#33;

Errrr, Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi

Just quietly you know.

;)

ang3968
11-17-2003, 01:59 PM

yea yea I know.... too bluddy confident.... shoulda known it was too good to be true.... but according to the NZ coach they didn&#39;t choke.... :huh:

and haven&#39;t I copped heaps of jokes at work.....

like....

Whats the difference between an arsonist and the All Blacks..???

an arsonist wouldn&#39;t waste his last match
:rolleyes:

AussieSheila
11-17-2003, 02:04 PM
:o Oh&#33; ang&#33; That&#39;s dreadfully mean but awfully funny&#33;

Alucard1475
11-17-2003, 02:13 PM
Well, here&#39;s where I live... :P

http://www.brisbane-australia.com/Images/100043.jpg

http://www.brisbane-australia.com/Images/100056.jpg

cowswithguns
11-17-2003, 02:24 PM
Where&#39;s that Alucard?

Alucard1475
11-17-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by cowswithguns@18 November 2003 - 00:24
Where&#39;s that Alucard?
the sunny Brisbane... :)

protak
11-17-2003, 05:49 PM
Well I have NO doubt&#39;s, that Australia is a beautiful place, and I must visit some day. With all that said, I believe Canada is the most beautiful country in the world.
We have everything B.D. listed and more.
Like man eating Grizzlies, Car crunching Moose, Lot&#39;s of Spider&#39;s, Snakes, Ton&#39;s of Forest&#39;s, Many natural Resources, Four full Season&#39;s (with snow), Thousand&#39;s and Thousand&#39;s of lakes and beaches, Beautiful Woman(Hefner married three or four Canadian gal&#39;s), and most important THE BEST BEER AND WHISKEY. :D
But Don&#39;t let ME piss on your parade&#33;&#33; Carry on... :D :lol: :P ;) :-"

Oh ya was&#39;nt Australia a penal colony at one time?
I think B.D. was the Warden...... :D :lol: :P

UKMan
11-17-2003, 06:34 PM
Well all you aussies - i must admit its a lovely country - at least the coastal areas are - you can keep the middle part though :P

As there are so many of yas, help me out here:
Any of ya heard of Gaargaar Plains, Hunters River ??

If so, you have solved a family riddle over 100 years old.

One of my criminal ancestors was sent out there and thats the only adress i have.

Peace
UKMan (i escaped to Sweden)

edit: PS thats in N.S.W. btw

protak
11-17-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by UKMan@17 November 2003 - 13:34
Well all you aussies - i must admit its a lovely country - at least the coastal areas are - you can keep the middle part though :P

As there are so many of yas, help me out here:
Any of ya heard of Gaargaar Plains, Hunters River ??

If so, you have solved a family riddle over 100 years old.

One of my criminal ancestors was sent out there and thats the only adress i have.

Peace
UKMan (i escaped to Sweden)

edit: PS thats in N.S.W. btw
Is that you bro??? :o I&#39;ve been trying to track ya since the heist... :D :lol:
Sweden sound&#39;s nice, any good spot&#39;s we can hit :) :lol:

bigboab
11-17-2003, 06:42 PM
UKman as it is nearing confession time, is there anything else you need to get of your chest? I beginning to detect similarities between you and someone else on this forum. The grammar, spelling etc. :unsure:

UKMan
11-17-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by protak@17 November 2003 - 19:40
Is that you bro??? :o I&#39;ve been trying to track ya since the heist... :D :lol:
Sweden sound&#39;s nice, any good spot&#39;s we can hit :) :lol:
wow&#33;&#33; and they said "dont trust the internet" - my long lost....whatever :lol:
Sweden: probably the only country in the world where you do more time for speeding than murder - TRUE&#33;&#33;

@bigboab:
You gotta help me out here - i only use 10% of my brains you know - :lol:

Peace
UKMan - aussie blood??

Damnatory
11-17-2003, 07:39 PM
Isn&#39;t the ratio of women to men like 6:1 in Australia? The Australian girls I know here in the states say that they love Americans because were so sweet and romantic, and that all the guys over there are assholes because they basically have their pick and choose of women.

Thats just what they said. (2 girls, not alot to collect information from, but still more than one source is viable.)

Away from that topic, I think Australia is a beautiful country, and would love to live there for a couple of years or so, but I would always be at home in the US.

ScotchGuy
11-17-2003, 08:21 PM
I like Australia, would even consider moving there, but I&#39;ve heard these things. Can any Australians tell me if they&#39;re true.

- Things are much more expensive.
- Movies and Videogames come out much later.
- Some strange domestic cat problems.

ang3968
11-17-2003, 10:50 PM
now that I can get pics to d/l here is my contribution.... even tho Alucard&#39;s pics are better of sunny Brisbane... :D
http://www.santos.com.au/people/images/brisbane.jpg

and ScotchGuy..

more expensive??... it&#39;s pretty relative to the wages I guess
Movies and videogames??... not really sure how much later they come out but yes I guess we do have to wait a little bit longer, sometimes only a couple of days or so, sometimes longer...
strange domestic cat problems??... I think you have been reading too many threads in the lounge here... :lol: :lol:

AussieSheila
11-17-2003, 11:45 PM
;) Morning Ang&#33; Where to begin? You did a pretty good job, I&#39;m just going to add something about Aussie men. A song actually, and it&#39;s to the tune of Meredith Brooks song "Bitch".

I&#39;ll just put the chorus on here and give you a link to the rest of the song, which is recorded and played on the radio :huh: cos apparently we don&#39;t mind telling it as it is. :lol:

Bloke - Chris Franklin

(chorus)

I&#39;m a bloke,
I&#39;m an ocker
And I really love your knockers
I&#39;m a labourer by day,
I piss up all me pay
Watching footy on TV
Just feed me more VB
Just pour my beer,
And get my smokes,
And go away

"BLOKE" (http://www.lyricsxp.com/lyrics/b/bloke_chris_franklin.html)

:( So you see Damnatory, we train our girls to go out in the world to seek new men. The idea is they tell you guys that there are 6 women to every bloke just to get you here. ;) There&#39;s plenty of Aussie men but they mostly fit the song. :blink:

shinzuiski
11-18-2003, 03:40 AM
we dont even have alot of kangaroos.

altough we seem to like gay people alot in this country, we even have parades for them.

shinzuiski
11-18-2003, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by Damnatory@17 November 2003 - 19:39
The Australian girls I know here in the states say that they love Americans because were so sweet and romantic.

Your all also so crazy with the guns, to bad when you come here you wont be able to run around shooting people.

GG. :lol:

:ph34r: JHON HOWARD

:blink: > KILL DA BOAT PEOPLE

Honey
11-18-2003, 04:22 AM
well... i live in Perth in Western Australia... and for me there isn&#39;t anywhere quite like it in the world... i choose paradise... :) B)

i&#39;ll give you a pictoral view of my home.. from the tropical north west to the temperate climates down south... gorgeous... and to think im lucky enough to call this home... :)

the Kimberley

http://www.westernaustralia.net/discover/kimberley/images/multimedia/halls/th_halls02.jpg

the Pilbara

http://www.westernaustralia.net/discover/pilbara/images/multimedia/karijini/th_karijini01.jpg

the Gascoyne

http://www.westernaustralia.net/discover/gascoyne/images/multimedia/shark_bay/th_shark02.jpg

Honey
11-18-2003, 04:23 AM
and more..

the Mid West

http://www.westernaustralia.net/discover/midwest/images/multimedia/outback/th_outback02.jpg

the Goldfields

http://www.westernaustralia.net/discover/goldfields/images/multimedia/goldrush/th_goldrush02.jpg

the Heartlands

http://www.westernaustralia.net/discover/heartlands/images/multimedia/central/th_central01.jpg

Perth

http://www.westernaustralia.net/discover/perth/images/multimedia/perth/th_perth01.jpg

Honey
11-18-2003, 04:25 AM
okay last one...

Peel

http://www.westernaustralia.net/discover/peel/images/multimedia/coast/th_coast02.jpg

the South West

http://www.westernaustralia.net/discover/south_west/images/multimedia/sforests/th_sforests01.jpg

the Great Southern

http://www.westernaustralia.net/discover/gtsouth/images/multimedia/denmark/th_denmark01.jpg

Esperance

http://www.westernaustralia.net/discover/esperance/images/multimedia/esperance/th_esperance01.jpg

and that is my home... :) :)

ScotchGuy
11-18-2003, 04:43 AM
Where I live it&#39;s a one hour drive to the coast for some surfing, and a one hour drive to the moutains for some snowboarding. If you feel like driving 3 hours you will end up in what&#39;s similar to the midwest United States except more desert like, tons of snow in the winter and really hot in the summer.

Not too shabby, now if only I could do something about the economy.

Keikan
11-18-2003, 05:04 AM
Thats ok i think I&#39;ll stay here for now http://www.townofunity.com/crest.gif

imnotanaddict
11-18-2003, 05:19 AM
So whats the unemployment/ employment rate like ??? Jobs hard to find, for us "not independentley wealthly ones"?

Honey
11-18-2003, 05:35 AM
i think at the moment Australia has it&#39;s lowest unemployment rate for over 10 years... there&#39;s plenty of work if you want to do it&#33;.. :)

Pitbul
11-18-2003, 05:40 AM
wow Austrailia must really suck if youo have to make a post telling yourself otherwise just to try and convince yourself it dont suck ass crack. so far the pics you&#39;ve posted are just coastal pics. anybody can get a nice coastal picture of their country and call if beautiful. but i wouldn&#39;t live in Weak asstrailia. especailly a place that considers "bloody" a cuss word. i duno how u guys can live with yourselfs espcailly since u guys have to claim Steve Irwin. the country i live in is based off people who fought for their freedom im guessing is better then a country who started off as nuthing but criminals. :lol:. also dont go to war with anybody cause you&#39;ll get &#39;pwn3d" :lol: :lol: :lol:

brotherdoobie
11-18-2003, 05:48 AM
Mabey................

Billy_Dean
11-18-2003, 05:50 AM
Well hello Prikbull, welcome to our thread. No need to get jealous mate, just get up off your arse, get a job, earn some money and you could come and visit us. Seeing as we&#39;re a load of criminals, you should feel right at home&#33;

Honey
11-18-2003, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by Pitbul@18 November 2003 - 13:40
especailly a place that considers "bloody" a cuss word. i duno how u guys can live with yourselfs espcailly since u guys have to claim Steve Irwin. the country i live in is based off people who fought for their freedom im guessing is better then a country who started off as nuthing but criminals.&nbsp; :lol:. also dont go to war with anybody cause you&#39;ll get &#39;pwn3d"
well... lets look at all that shall we? *smirks*

we consider "bloody" a cuss word?.... well bluddy hell... i never knew that?.. :rolleyes:

we HAVE to claim Steve Irwin?... well again.. bluddy hell... y&#39;all sweet lil Yankees gave him his popularity... seems y&#39;all just cain&#39;t get enough of us&#33;.. :)

and yep.. you guys fought for your freedom... against the American indians for starters.... and of course you didnt have any crims sent there did ya?... no people indentured from England and Ireland?... read ya BLUDDY history books before you make a right wally of yourself&#33;... :lol:

and no... we didn&#39;t happen to be the first country to stand by the US invoking the ANZUS treaty after 9/11 did we?..

my suggestion to you.... stay there... coz we don&#39;t need or want you here&#33;... oh... another really good oz expression for you...... engage brain before putting mouth (fingers) into action.... :wacko:

oh and btw... we know how to spell too&#33;.. :)

brotherdoobie
11-18-2003, 05:54 AM
Mabey not&#33; ;)

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/cars/egemite.gif

Peace brotherdoobie

brotherdoobie
11-18-2003, 05:55 AM
Mabey..............

brotherdoobie
11-18-2003, 05:58 AM
Mabey Not.

http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/cars/beegees.jpg

Peace brotherdoobie

imnotanaddict
11-18-2003, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by Ozbabe@18 November 2003 - 05:35
i think at the moment Australia has it&#39;s lowest unemployment rate for over 10 years... there&#39;s plenty of work if you want to do it&#33;.. :)
what type of jobs are we talking here, when you say "theres plenty of work"?
I assume theres not a lot of industries, factories,etc. that export to the U.S. I can&#39;t recall finding "Made in Australia" on a lot of products I use. But seriously, I am completely in the dark here, and very interested to know what different types of jobs you mean, because I plan to do some traveling after the first of the year and relocating would&#39;nt be out of the question.

bowrabob
11-18-2003, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Pitbul@18 November 2003 - 05:40
wow Austrailia must really suck if youo have to make a post telling yourself otherwise just to try and convince yourself it dont suck ass crack. so far the pics you&#39;ve posted are just coastal pics. anybody can get a nice coastal picture of their country and call if beautiful. but i wouldn&#39;t live in Weak asstrailia. especailly a place that considers "bloody" a cuss word. i duno how u guys can live with yourselfs espcailly since u guys have to claim Steve Irwin. the country i live in is based off people who fought for their freedom im guessing is better then a country who started off as nuthing but criminals.&nbsp; :lol:. also dont go to war with anybody cause you&#39;ll get &#39;pwn3d"&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; :lol:
You will have to do better than that Pitbul (is that your name or just can&#39;t spell Pit bull properly)...we have had shit put on us by intelligent people.. your attempt was very poor.

AussieSheila
11-18-2003, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by Pitbul@18 November 2003 - 15:40
wow Austrailia must really suck if youo have to make a post telling yourself otherwise just to try and convince yourself it dont suck ass crack. so far the pics you&#39;ve posted are just coastal pics. anybody can get a nice coastal picture of their country and call if beautiful. but i wouldn&#39;t live in Weak asstrailia. especailly a place that considers "bloody" a cuss word. i duno how u guys can live with yourselfs espcailly since u guys have to claim Steve Irwin. the country i live in is based off people who fought for their freedom im guessing is better then a country who started off as nuthing but criminals. :lol:. also dont go to war with anybody cause you&#39;ll get &#39;pwn3d" :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jellus babe?

B)

protak
11-18-2003, 06:11 AM
Bob I really like the intelligent peoply thing... :D ;) How are ya mate? :)

Cheers,
Tim

AussieSheila
11-18-2003, 06:13 AM
:lol: Hey Brotherdoobie&#33; My parents saw the Bee Gees play on the Gold Coast when they were on their honeymoon. They were kids and called The Brothers Gibb.

B)

Hi Hon&#33; Having fun? :)

:lol: Hi Tim&#33;

brotherdoobie
11-18-2003, 06:14 AM
http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/cars/prime%20meat.jpg

Peace brotherdoobie

brotherdoobie
11-18-2003, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by AussieSheila@18 November 2003 - 01:13
:lol: Hey Brotherdoobie&#33; My parents saw the Bee Gees play on the Gold Coast when they were on their honeymoon. They were kids and called The Brothers Gibb.

B)

Hi Hon&#33; Having fun? :)
I&#39;m doing great and you? :D :D :D :D

Peace brotherdoobie B)

Honey
11-18-2003, 06:17 AM
actually notanaddict... there is a great deal of manufacturing, mining, industrial, farming, professional and of course casual jobs going. Australia tends to do most of its international trade with countries like Japan and countries in the Asia markets. (Probably because we&#39;re closer in distance to them than the US). I know that mining in particular is one of the major industries here, with coal, iron ore, tin, copper, gold, diamonds, bauxite just some of the ones im familiar with here in the West...

There is also a huge market here for people in the building trades... i guess because we are always building new plants, factories and homes (just to name a few) at rather a phenomenal rate&#33;

The hospitality industry is huge here too, with an abundance of jobs within it. Bar staff, hotel staff, waiters, waitressing, counter hands, cooks, shop assistants to name but a few...

I hope this helps a little more...

@Cowboy Bob.... :) i KNOW you&#33;&#33;... :P

@ sheila.... *hugs sweetie*... what have you got me into now?.. :P ;)

imnotanaddict
11-18-2003, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by Ozbabe@18 November 2003 - 06:17
actually notanaddict... there is a great deal of manufacturing, mining, industrial, farming, professional and of course casual jobs going. Australia tends to do most of its international trade with countries like Japan and countries in the Asia markets. (Probably because we&#39;re closer in distance to them than the US). I know that mining in particular is one of the major industries here, with coal, iron ore, tin, copper, gold, diamonds, bauxite just some of the ones im familiar with here in the West...

There is also a huge market here for people in the building trades... i guess because we are always building new plants, factories and homes (just to name a few) at rather a phenomenal rate&#33;

The hospitality industry is huge here too, with an abundance of jobs within it. Bar staff, hotel staff, waiters, waitressing, counter hands, cooks, shop assistants to name but a few...

I hope this helps a little more...

@Cowboy Bob.... :) i KNOW you&#33;&#33;... :P
Excellent, then my fears of skinning kangaroo&#39;s, were totally unfounded. Thanks, very informative. (true, I am stricken with a strange sense of humor, no hate-mail please).

AussieSheila
11-18-2003, 06:29 AM
;) Cruisin&#39; Brotherdoobie and havin&#39; one for you right now. :lol:

Ozbabe? Moi?

[insert innocent emoticon]

B) (going to feed neddies, catch you soon, staying on Ozbabe?)

;) A strange sense of humour will serve you well over here imnotanaddict.

I&#39;m not an addict either. I tell myself that.

imnotanaddict
11-18-2003, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by AussieSheila@18 November 2003 - 06:29
;) Cruisin&#39; Brotherdoobie and havin&#39; one for you right now. :lol:

Ozbabe? Moi?

;) A strange sense of humour will serve you well over here imnotanaddict.

I&#39;m not an addict either. I tell myself that.

Ozbabe/AussieSheila=Two/Cool

Honey
11-18-2003, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by AussieSheila@18 November 2003 - 14:29
Ozbabe? Moi?

@ sheila yep YOU sheila... and no point trying that innocent stuff with me&#33;... i KNOW better&#33;... :P

i&#39;ll be around... its still only 2.38pm here and i&#39;m enjoying every minute of being at home&#33;.. :D

@ notanaddict... :* thank you ... :)

Billy_Dean
11-18-2003, 06:58 AM
Imnotanaddict, the unemployment rate in OZ stands at about 6% at the moment. Some areas have a far higher rate. One place I lived in New South Wales had an unemployment rate in the 30&#39;s. But I think the fact that every man and his dog were growing pot, and didn&#39;t particularly want to work may have had something to do with it.

Travellers have their own work, and plenty of it, mainly fruit picking and hospitality work. Wherever you land you can pick up a backpackers booklet with heaps of info, cheap cars, work, places to stay, cheap phone calls, and lots of other stuff. If you want to pm me, I&#39;ll pick one up and send it to you, give me a postal address.

ScotchGuy
11-18-2003, 07:05 AM
Reading this thread really makes me want to move to Australia, I can&#39;t find anything wrong with Australia, and the climate obviously is awesome in most parts. Although celebrating Christmas in 90 degree heat seems a bit odd. Does Australia have any mountains that accumulate enough snow to snowboard/ski on?

Right now I&#39;m leaning more towards Australia than Canada in choosing where I want to move, but I don&#39;t know if I could take not being able to snowboard. :(

Billy_Dean
11-18-2003, 07:09 AM
Scotchguy, Australia has more snow than Switzerland, give me a few minutes and I&#39;ll sort some links out for you.

Billy_Dean
11-18-2003, 07:24 AM
OK Scotchguy here we go ..http://www.uploadit.org/files2/181103-pb.jpeg

Ski.com (http://www.ski.com.au/)
This place has snow cams and weather details, but it&#39;s summer now, so off season.

Perisher Blue (http://www.perisherblue.com.au/)
Probably the best known.

Mount Buller. (http://www.mtbuller.com.au/)

Falls Creek. (http://www.fallscreek.com.au/winter/default.asp)
Check out the Snowboarding.

Charlotte Pass. (http://www.goski.com/raus/charlot.htm)

Thredbo. (http://www.ciau.com.au/snow/thredbo/index.htm)

That&#39;s just an example mate, I&#39;m sure you&#39;ll find plenty to do.

Yogi
11-18-2003, 07:24 AM
Before i decide not to emigrate to Portugal, but choose DownUnder instead, i

would like to hear some insights on the Abbo-issue.......

I saw RabbitProof Fence.....

Still people like that in Australia(like that "lieutenant" played by Kenneth

Branagh....)????

Yogi

imnotanaddict
11-18-2003, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@18 November 2003 - 06:58
Imnotanaddict, the unemployment rate in OZ stands at about 6% at the moment. Some areas have a far higher rate. One place I lived in New South Wales had an unemployment rate in the 30&#39;s. But I think the fact that every man and his dog were growing pot, and didn&#39;t particularly want to work may have had something to do with it.

Travellers have their own work, and plenty of it, mainly fruit picking and hospitality work. Wherever you land you can pick up a backpackers booklet with heaps of info, cheap cars, work, places to stay, cheap phone calls, and lots of other stuff. If you want to pm me, I&#39;ll pick one up and send it to you, give me a postal address.

But I think the fact that every man and his dog were growing pot, and didn&#39;t particularly want to work may have had something to do with it.

lol, that reminds me of a certain town in California, a friend of mine was telling me about. She says her daughter is living there and she&#39;s going back pretty soon. This particular job is cleaning pot plants, 10 bucks an hour, (no taxes withheld, ha,ha). High grade sense plants, mass production, beautiful drop dead veiws, laid back comunity. Bigtime underground (not literally, or atleast I don&#39;t think so).She said they strip search everybody before entering or leaving. My luck the day I started a job like that, there be a big freakin bust. Thats not a job offer I get every day.

leonidas
11-18-2003, 07:27 AM
Sorry to come to a less romantic point, but I would like to know what&#39;s the cost of life there. How much people are paid, how much an appertment or a house cost.
And do you know in which condition I could set myself up there?

I&#39;ve made my mind a long tie ago upon the fact that I wont spend my life in France it&#39;s a pretty shit place to live.

Billy_Dean
11-18-2003, 07:27 AM
They pay 20 bucks an hour here, plus you get to take home the biggest head you clean,

leonidas
11-18-2003, 07:30 AM
australian bucks or amrican bucks?
And for which kind of job?

ScotchGuy
11-18-2003, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@17 November 2003 - 23:24
OK Scotchguy here we go ..http://www.uploadit.org/files2/181103-pb.jpeg

Ski.com (http://www.ski.com.au/)
This place has snow cams and weather details, but it&#39;s summer now, so off season.

Perisher Blue (http://www.perisherblue.com.au/)
Probably the best known.

Mount Buller. (http://www.mtbuller.com.au/)

Falls Creek. (http://www.fallscreek.com.au/winter/default.asp)
Check out the Snowboarding.

Charlotte Pass. (http://www.goski.com/raus/charlot.htm)

Thredbo. (http://www.ciau.com.au/snow/thredbo/index.htm)

That&#39;s just an example mate, I&#39;m sure you&#39;ll find plenty to do.

Huzzah&#33; Thank you very much Billy_Dean, this thread has won me over. I&#39;m almost positive Australia is where I will be moving, when I can.

Billy_Dean
11-18-2003, 07:42 AM
SG, I didn&#39;t see that film, so I can&#39;t comment. The biggest problem with Aborigines here is "Grog", (alcohol). The government handouts to them is enough to ensure they can spend their whole lives drunk if they wish. Alcohol has decimated their society, but what to do? Many aboriginal communities have banned grog altogether, this makes life much easier for them, but just moves the problem elsewhere.

Leonidas, the standard of living in Australia is quite high.

World Factbook - Australia. (http://www.odci.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/as.html)
This site will give you some comparisons.

Housing in big cities is expensive, as in most places in the world. But cheap in comparison to some cities. As an example: If my daughter were to sell her 3 bed house in London, an ordinary end terrace, she would be able to buy the equivalant house in Sydney, or two houses, a boat, a four wheel drive, and money in the bank in Cairns.

Billy_Dean
11-18-2003, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by leonidas@18 November 2003 - 17:30
australian bucks or amrican bucks?
And for which kind of job?
Haha&#33; Leonidas, I was replying to Imnotanaddict, that was for cleaning POT&#33;

Yogi
11-18-2003, 08:18 AM
SG, I didn&#39;t see that film, so I can&#39;t comment. The biggest problem with Aborigines here is "Grog", (alcohol). The government handouts to them is enough to ensure they can spend their whole lives drunk if they wish. Alcohol has decimated their society, but what to do? Many aboriginal communities have banned grog altogether, this makes life much easier for them, but just moves the problem elsewhere.

Thanks for that, BD.
Stunning similarity there with some of the Indian Natives in America.......

Yogi

leonidas
11-18-2003, 08:26 AM
Thanks BD ;)

ScotchGuy
11-18-2003, 08:39 AM
I was impressed by this:

Literacy

definition: age 15 and over can read and write
total population: 100%
male: 100%
female: 100% (1980 est.)

Honey
11-18-2003, 09:58 AM
:) @ SG... and we have running water too&#33;.. :lol: :lol:

just teasin ya&#33;.. ;)

Billy_Dean
11-18-2003, 10:09 AM
What&#33;&#33; You&#39;ve got running water? What part of OZ are you from then?

The bastards have been promising us running water for years&#33; And bloody sewage.

Oh, well, we get electricity next year, so I shouldn&#39;t complain.

junkyardking
11-18-2003, 10:11 AM
Good:
Nice weather if you’re not in Melbourne (rains) or Darwin (Tropical)

Good Standard of living

Universal Heath Care and PBS prescription benefit scheme keeps prescription drugs cheaper (both currently under attack from John Howard)

Good welfare system (also under attack)

Industrial relations commission - sets basic award rates (no minimum wage crap) and conditions for different jobs has given raises to lowest award rates for the past two or three years because of union claim this filters though to all awards automatically, the average raise for each year was &#036;15 a week so in the past three years the lowest awards have gotten &#036;45 - &#036;60 raise per week, thou tax has eaten quite a bit away.

Imported goods becoming cheap because of rise in the Australian &#036;&#036;&#036;

Bad:
John Howard, Prime minister and ass licker.

Owning your house becoming expensive especially in Sydney.

Locking up refugees in "Detention Camps"(Prisons)

Telstra - retarding broadband

Boiling hot days in summer 40 degrees Celsius.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wouldn’t trust the unemployment figures thou, your considered employed if you volunteer or work for more than 1 hour a week.

Overall Australia is a better place to live than the UK or the US. :D

Honey
11-18-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@18 November 2003 - 18:09
What&#33;&#33; You&#39;ve got running water? What part of OZ are you from then?

The bastards have been promising us running water for years&#33; And bloody sewage.

Oh, well, we get electricity next year, so I shouldn&#39;t complain.

;) @ BD... that&#39;s coz i live in paradise.... Western Australia...

the only thing we dont have... is free airconditioning.... though maybe they think we can go down the beach if we get too hot?... :huh:

ummm and we dont have as many nasty spiders over this side either&#33;... :P

AussieSheila
11-18-2003, 10:36 AM
:huh: Ya got goddam bloody big cockroaches though Honey, I&#39;d never met one til I moved to Perth..... we&#39;ve got them up here too.

:(

As long as it rains enough I have running water. :rolleyes:

UKMan
11-18-2003, 10:50 AM
Im slowly beginning to disslike that vast country of yours. Started out real nice - then all the creapy stuff started....... :(

Peace
UKNotSureNowMan

AussieSheila
11-18-2003, 10:56 AM
;) Yep, that&#39;s the downside, the creepy crawlies (not the Aussie male ones, the 6 -8 legged varieties).

We do co-exist fairly well though&#33;

That&#39;s the 6 -8 legged variety as opposed to the 2 legged ones.

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Yogi
11-18-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Ozbabe@18 November 2003 - 11:58
:) @ SG... and we have running water too&#33;.. :lol: :lol:

just teasin ya&#33;.. ;)
I like my water from the tap........

I&#39;m getting too old for chasing water......

Yogi

AussieSheila
11-18-2003, 11:19 AM
:P Oh Yogi&#33; We&#39;re pullin&#39; your leg buddy&#33; We&#39;re really quite civilised. Really. Sorta. We have water.... and power ...... telephones and &#39;puters even&#33;

cowswithguns
11-18-2003, 11:20 AM
Never chased water before.......does it run fast? :D

ang3968
11-18-2003, 11:22 AM
only when it runs downhill.... :blink:

Billy_Dean
11-18-2003, 12:34 PM
We forgot the sea creatures, the stone fish, sharks, jellyfish, crocodiles and so on, maybe we shouldn&#39;t tell them&#33;

bigboab
11-18-2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@18 November 2003 - 12:34
We forgot the sea creatures, the stone fish, sharks, jellyfish, crocodiles and so on, maybe we shouldn&#39;t tell them&#33;

Stone fish. That is the only thing we dont have here.

ang3968
11-18-2003, 12:39 PM
we can tell them tomorrow.... give them time to digest all the other creatures first.... :P

UKMan
11-18-2003, 01:00 PM
What about the "mountain dew" community? Any freerange distillaries around?

Billy_Dean
11-18-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by UKMan@18 November 2003 - 23:00
Freerange everything here, hooch, beer, wine, pot, tobacco. You just need to know the right people. ;)

UKMan
11-18-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean+18 November 2003 - 14:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean @ 18 November 2003 - 14:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-UKMan@18 November 2003 - 23:00
Freerange everything here, hooch, beer, wine, pot, tobacco. You just need to know the right people. ;)

:) [/b][/quote]
I blame it all on Joan Biaz:

Get you a copper kettle
Get you a copper coil
dah dah dah....blah blah
And never more you&#39;ll toil

Lay ther by the juniper
etc etc...

Damn - cant remember the rest....

Peace
UKBadMemoryMan

shinzuiski
11-18-2003, 03:14 PM
i here theres alot of assholes in melbourne australia.

if your going to come to aus, dont go to perth, we have absolutly nothing to do here, half the city is just covered in gaming lan centers. we have no snow in perth either, so sorry scotchguy.

Honey
11-18-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by shinzuiski@18 November 2003 - 23:14
i here theres alot of assholes in melbourne australia.

if your going to come to aus, dont go to perth, we have absolutly nothing to do here, half the city is just covered in gaming lan centers. we have no snow in perth either, so sorry scotchguy.
yeah shinzuiski... as many arseholes as there are people... strange that huh?.. :huh:

and .. ummm... i live in Perth... and you and me must obviously go to different parts of the city and the surrounds coz i dont see gaming centres... :unsure:

but i DO have a really good time living here... you need to get out and travel... once you&#39;ve done that... you&#39;ll appreciate just how good Perth is&#33;.. :)

Yogi
11-18-2003, 03:58 PM
Since i&#39;m from Holland, i&#39;m very curious about the availability of the next products:

Good Pot. Preferrably black Nepal.

XTC. Nuff said.

Cocaine. :blink:

SeaCucumber

Magic Mushrooms

Dislectic hunchbacked Jewish Afro-babes.(pref. in their mid 40&#39;s)

Klompen(wooden shoes)

Tulips

Cheese(quality and variety&#39;s)

Bottled water.(so i won&#39;t have to chase it........)

SauerKraut/Zuurkool

That will do for now.

Yogi :lol:

Honey
11-18-2003, 04:05 PM
lmbo Yogi... im going to leave that one alone&#33;.. B) :lol:

UKMan
11-18-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by SensualGardening@18 November 2003 - 16:58
Since i&#39;m from Holland, i&#39;m very curious about the availability of the next products:

Good Pot. Preferrably black Nepal.

XTC. Nuff said.

Cocaine. :blink:

SeaCucumber

Magic Mushrooms

Dislectic hunchbacked Jewish Afro-babes.(pref. in their mid 40&#39;s)

Klompen(wooden shoes)

Tulips

Cheese(quality and variety&#39;s)

Bottled water.(so i won&#39;t have to chase it........)

SauerKraut/Zuurkool

That will do for now.

Yogi :lol:
That list has exlained quite a lot about you. I forgive you now and realise that all you past demeanors have been provoked by plucking too many tulips ;)

Yogi
11-18-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Ozbabe@18 November 2003 - 18:05
lmbo Yogi... im going to leave that one alone&#33;.. B) :lol:
Is that my reward&#33;&#33;&#33;

Black eye for nothing??

MySuckingUpToYou&TheConsequenses (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=82497&st=60)

HavilyDisappointed&EvenCryingYogi :( :( :( :( :(

Yogi
11-18-2003, 04:12 PM
That list has exlained quite a lot about you. I forgive you now and realise that all you past demeanors have been provoked by plucking too many tulips&nbsp;

The plucking i can handle.

But they taste like shit&#33;&#33;&#33;

RememberingHisParentAteTulipsDuringTheWar-Yogi

Billy_Dean
11-18-2003, 04:21 PM
OK then SG, let&#39;s go through your list ..
Good pot. ~~ Forget Nepali, we got as good grass as anywhere .
XTC ~~ Plenty.
Cocaine ~~ Cheap and plentiful.
Sea cucumbers ~~ Cairns, (where I live) is the centre for the trade.
Magic mushrooms ~~ I once collected two large bags full in half an hour.
Dislectic hunchbacked Jewish Afro-babes. ~~ Can&#39;t help you with that one, you&#39;d have to go to Melbourne.
Klompen ~~ Absolutely, we all wear them, even in bed.
Tulips ~~ And every other plant and flower there is, and some there isn&#39;t.
Cheese(quality and variety&#39;s) ~~ Easily the largest choice in the world.
Bottled water ~~ Some of the best spring water in the world.
SauerKraut/Zuurkool ~~ Oodles of it.

Honey
11-18-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by SensualGardening@19 November 2003 - 00:10
Is that my reward&#33;&#33;&#33;

Black eye for nothing??

and it wasnt even me who gave it to you?... damn that&#39;s gotta suck&#33;... :lol: :lol:

Yogi
11-18-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@18 November 2003 - 18:21
OK then SG, let&#39;s go through your list .. Good pot. ~~ Forget Nepali, we got as good grass as anywhere .
XTC ~~ Plenty.
Cocaine ~~ Cheap and plentiful.
Sea cucumbers ~~ Cairns, (where I live) is the centre for the trade.
Magic mushrooms ~~ I once collected two large bags full in half an hour.
Dislectic hunchbacked Jewish Afro-babes. ~~ Can&#39;t help you with that one, you&#39;d have to go to Melbourne.
Klompen ~~ Absolutely, we all wear them, even in bed.
Tulips ~~ And every other plant and flower there is, and some there isn&#39;t.
Cheese(quality and variety&#39;s) ~~ Easily the largest choice in the world.
Bottled water ~~ Some of the best spring water in the world.
SauerKraut/Zuurkool ~~ Oodles of it.

Wow. Billy&#33;&#33;

There&#39;s no turning back for me now...........

One more thing; is crossdressing accepted....

EmigrateYogi

Billy_Dean
11-18-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by SensualGardening@19 November 2003 - 02:26

ln some parts of Sydney it&#39;s compulsary.

Yogi
11-18-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean+18 November 2003 - 18:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean @ 18 November 2003 - 18:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SensualGardening@19 November 2003 - 02:26

:) [/b][/quote]
I like compulsary.

Now mrs. Yogi........

Yogi

Honey
11-18-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Billy_Dean+19 November 2003 - 00:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Billy_Dean @ 19 November 2003 - 00:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SensualGardening@19 November 2003 - 02:26

[/b][/quote]
aint that the truth BD... :-) :-)

UKMan
11-18-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by SensualGardening+18 November 2003 - 17:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SensualGardening @ 18 November 2003 - 17:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Billy_Dean@18 November 2003 - 18:31
<!--QuoteBegin-SensualGardening@19 November 2003 - 02:26

I like compulsary.

Now mrs. Yogi........

Yogi [/b][/quote]
Have you forgotten to mention all this to a certain lady????

RedRival
11-18-2003, 06:00 PM
Hmm I just migrated from Singapore 2 yrs back. SO far I love most of it, but I live in PErth sooo, especially the air (not as polluted as where I live before), but I dislike the boring 5-7pm close shop time and you basically can&#39;t eat out much nearby where I live...and ppl get stoned everywhere here....ppl smoking in toilets at my school...which is a nono in sg high schools...

Honey
11-19-2003, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by RedRival@19 November 2003 - 02:00
Hmm I just migrated from Singapore 2 yrs back. SO far I love most of it, but I live in PErth sooo, especially the air (not as polluted as where I live before), but I dislike the boring 5-7pm close shop time and you basically can&#39;t eat out much nearby where I live...and ppl get stoned everywhere here....ppl smoking in toilets at my school...which is a nono in sg high schools...
awwww Red... it&#39;s just a matter of time til the shops are open 7 days a week til 10pm at least... just be patient... :)

as for kids smokin mull?.. it happens no matter where you are... dont stress over it... you can make your own choices... :)

btw.. welcome to paradise... enjoy your stay in this wonderful city of ours... :D

bowrabob
11-19-2003, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by protak@18 November 2003 - 06:11
Bob I really like the intelligent peoply thing... :D ;) How are ya mate? :)

Cheers,
Tim
Hi Tim...how are you bud....thanks for pointing out my peoply error..haven&#39;t had much time for chat lately..hope to catch up with you. :beerchug:

AussieSheila
11-19-2003, 07:00 AM
:) Hi Bob&#33; Gonna put up some pics of your part of the country&#33; :*

brotherdoobie
11-19-2003, 07:19 AM
http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/cars/the_crocodile_hunter.jpg

Peace brotherdoobie

cowswithguns
11-19-2003, 07:39 AM
http://server3.uploadit.org/files/191103-funny-pictures249.jpg

Honey
11-20-2003, 03:10 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: cowsy...

i hadnt seen that one before but its a dead set cracker&#33;&#33;&#33;... LMBO...